PDA

View Full Version : Partnership Not Partisanship...Riiight! [WarPIG the Hypocrite's Favorite Thread]]

DrMaddVibe
01-12-2007, 10:04 AM
January 12, 2007 -- Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer, an appalling scold from California, wasted no time yesterday in dragging the debate over Iraq about as low as it can go - attacking Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for being a childless woman.

Boxer was wholly in character for her party - New York's own two Democratic senators, Chuck Schumer and Hillary Rodham Clinton, were predictably opportunistic - but the Golden State lawmaker earned special attention for the tasteless jabs she aimed at Rice.

Rice appeared before the Senate in defense of President Bush's tactical change in Iraq, and quickly encountered Boxer.

"Who pays the price? I'm not going to pay a personal price," Boxer said. "My kids are too old, and my grandchild is too young."

Then, to Rice: "You're not going to pay a particular price, as I understand it, with an immediate family."

Breathtaking.

Simply breathtaking.

We scarcely know where to begin.

The junior senator from California ap parently believes that an accomplished, seasoned diplomat, a renowned scholar and an adviser to two presidents like Condoleezza Rice is not fully qualified to make policy at the highest levels of the American government because she is a single, childless woman.

It's hard to imagine the firestorm that similar comments would have ignited, coming from a Republican to a Democrat, or from a man to a woman, in the United States Senate. (Surely the Associated Press would have put the observation a bit higher than the 18th paragraph of a routine dispatch from Washington.)

But put that aside.

The vapidity - the sheer mindlessness - of Sen. Boxer's assertion makes it clear that the next two years are going to be a time of bitterness and rancor, marked by pettiness of spirit and political self-indulgence of a sort not seen in America for a very long time.

In contrast to Boxer, Sen. Clinton seemed almost statesmanlike - until one considers that she was undercutting the president of the United States in time of war: "The president simply has not gotten the message sent loudly and clearly by the American people, that we desperately need a new course."

Schumer, meanwhile, dismissed the president's speech as "a new surge without a new strategy."

Frankly, we're not surprised by Hillary Clinton's rush to judgment. With both eyes firmly set on 2008, her Iraq position flits like a tumbleweed in the political wind. Who knows where she'll wind up?

Heck, she admitted as much by citing November's midterm elections to justify her newfound opposition to the war. (And who needs a commander-in-chief who tailors war-fighting strategy to public opinion?)

Clinton would do well to consider the words of GOP Sen. John McCain, another White House hopeful, who frankly admits that his strong support for a troop surge in Iraq has cost him votes. (Some Democrats, in fact, already are calling this "McCain's surge.")

Said McCain: "I'd rather lose a campaign than lose a war."

As for Schumer, we're profoundly disappointed by his remarks.

While he's always been a fiercely parti san Democrat (nothing to be ash amed of), time was when Schumer seemed to understand the existential threat posed by Islamic extremism.

Now he's been elevated to a top position in his party's Senate leadership - and he has bigger fish to fry.

Like electing Democrats.

And so, like Boxer, he cheers on Barack Obama, Chris Dodd, Joe Biden and John Edwards - with Clinton, presidential aspirants - as they trash Bush's plan.

To the extent that such behavior encourages America's enemies - and of course it does - he, like they, stands to have innocent blood on his hands.

Yes, the party's bloggers will be happy.

So will al Qaeda.

True enough, Democrats don't hold a monopoly on appalling behavior.

Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback, a Republican presidential candidate and favorite of some conservatives, has joined with Democrats in opposition to the troop surge - and he's not alone.

The president deserves better.

Indeed, the least these critics can do is suggest an alternative that leads to success in Iraq rather than simply criticize.

Or suggest that America simply wave the white flag.

As Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) said: "Now that the president has outlined a change in strategy, we should give his proposals an opportunity to work." Instead, Kyl rightly noted, "some declared the president's proposals unworkable even before they were announced."

No such nay-saying, however, was to be heard from two Capitol Hill stalwarts: McCain and Sen. Joe Lieberman, the independent Democrat from Connecticut.

"I applaud the president for rejecting the fatalism of failure and pursuing a new course to achieve success in Iraq," said Lieberman, who alone in his party genuinely comprehends what a U.S. defeat in Iraq would mean.

As for McCain, his support is tempered by the fact that he argued correctly, from the start, that the war was being fought with too few troops. Had the administration listened four years ago, this tactical shift might not be necessary now.

It would take a truly hard heart not to be touched, deeply, by the sacrifices made by the young men and women now wearing their country's uniform.

And one can only imagine the pain felt by the families of those killed and cruelly wounded in service to America. Just as it was hard to imagine the agony of the loved ones left behind on 9/11.

But even to suggest that Condoleezza Rice is not fit to serve her country because she is childless is beyond bizarre.

It is perverse.

Sen. Boxer needs to apologize.

And she needs to do it today.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01122007/postopinion/editorials/boxers_low_blow_editorials_.htm?page=0

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 10:32 AM
The things you choose to care about, ASSPipe :rolleyes:

We're about to send 20,000 more troops to potentialy die for a mistake, and all you care about is a Senator hurting little Condi's feelings?

ALOT OF THE BLAME FOR THIS MESS BELONGS ON RICE'S SHOULDERS YOU DOLT.

DrMaddVibe
01-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Some things are just above you.

Don't try so hard.

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 10:37 AM
LMAO

A cut n paste job from you is never above me, mensa.

Why don't you enlighten us as to why you think this is thread worthy?

Can't wait for your highly intelligent take on it. Since it will most likely go over my head I'll have someone dumb it down for me.

Go ahead.

Let's see how smart you are, greasemonkey.

Let's hear it big shot.

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Wow, this must be really a good post ASSPipe is working on.....

I can't wait to read why the thread went over my head......

Question is, how many exclamation points will he us in the post?

Let's see, shall we?

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 10:42 AM
2 minutes for the first response....

but you're still reading this thread 10 minutes later now....

THIS will be really insightful, I can tell....

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Are you looking for another cut n paste now?

going on 20 minutes now, yet you're still reading this thread....

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Some things are just above you.

Don't try so hard.

Again, how is this above me, ASSPipe?

Please tell us all how much smarter you are by posting that a Senator insulted your little Condi?

Did she tell her to "Go Fuck Yourself" like your hero uncle Cheney?

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 10:55 AM
*fat floridian crickets chirping*

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Holy shit, this must reaaalllllly be something good he's cooking up....

ASSPipe is putting together a post that will shock and amaze....

Watch as he shows us how this thread went over my head, and his brilliant mind grasped nuances that escaped my feeble mind....

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 11:06 AM
While ASSPipe is busy formulating his reasons why this went over my head, let's read what some REPUBLICAN Senators had to say to Condi...

"I have to say, Madam Secretary, that I think this speech given last night by this president represents the most dangerous foreign policy blunder in this country since Vietnam," Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb., said of Bush's plan to add 21,500 troops to secure Baghdad in concert with Iraqi forces. "If it's carried out, I will resist it."

Hagel is a longtime critic of Bush's Iraq policy. More surprising was the grilling Rice took from Sen. John Sununu, a New Hampshire Republican facing re-election in 2008, and Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who said she agreed with Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., that Great Britain's announcement of troop withdrawals leaves the United States isolated in Iraq.

Ohio Republican Sen. George Voinovich, a former supporter of the president's Iraq policy, told Rice he had "bought into (Bush's) dream. And at this stage of the game, I don't think it's going to happen."

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 11:25 AM
shut upped and owned, that simply.....

!!!!!!

FORD
01-12-2007, 01:37 PM
I guess Rupert Murdoch and Sean Hannity aren't returning AssVibe's calls this morning. (he was begging them for new material)

DrMaddVibe
01-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Like I said...it's above the likes of someone like you.

Didn't Pelosi state she was ushering in a new era?

Is that before or after the football season?

FORD
01-12-2007, 01:47 PM
It is the JOB of the Senate to hold the executive branch accountable for their actions. Especially when they have been as disastrous as they have been under the BCE. And Kindasleazy Rice is a proven pathological liar. There was no "personal attack" against that fucking bitch, just a Senator doing the job she was elected to do.

I can understand your confusion though, considering the former Republican majority totally neglected their constitutional duty to hold these fucking neocon bastards responsible for anything.

DrMaddVibe
01-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by FORD
It is the JOB of the Senate to hold the executive branch accountable for their actions. Especially when they have been as disastrous as they have been under the BCE. And Kindasleazy Rice is a proven pathological liar. There was no "personal attack" against that fucking bitch, just a Senator doing the job she was elected to do.

I can understand your confusion though, considering the former Republican majority totally neglected their constitutional duty to hold these fucking neocon bastards responsible for anything.

WRONG!

The Legislative Branch's job is to write and enact laws. They have a check and balance with the other two branches of government.

Madame Speaker made a swipe on Rice whether you choose to believe it or not. So much for taking the "high" ground.

Guitar Shark
01-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Some of you guys have a very strange obsession with MaddVibe... :eek:

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 02:33 PM

Madame Speaker made a swipe on Rice whether you choose to believe it or not. So much for taking the "high" ground.

Really?

Can you link the "swipe" for us?

Or were you referring to Barbara Boxer, who is NOT the Speaker.

Perhaps it is your fat head, for which this went over. :D :D :D

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Like I said...it's above the likes of someone like you.

Didn't Pelosi state she was ushering in a new era?

Is that before or after the football season?

Wow, well that was worth waiting for. :D

Well done, Clay.

What an ignorant little tool of the right you are :D

Jiffy Lube closed today?

DrMaddVibe
01-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Jiffy Lube?

How's that coffee house tour doing, Mr. Wannabee!

Bawhahahaha!

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Jiffy Lube?

How's that coffee house tour doing, Mr. Wannabee!

Bawhahahaha!

Do you know the difference between Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi yet?

LMMFAO

Playing the occasional unplugged downtown is fun. Anybody paying you to make music? no. of course not :D

Again, can you answer the question or not?

WHERE IN YOUR ARTICLE DID PELOSI "TAKE A SWIPE" AT CONDI?

If Condi can't take the heat, maybe your fat wife will step in for her.:eek:

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Some of you guys have a very strange obsession with MaddVibe... :eek:

LMAO

In all seriousness, I'm having a hard time believing he's as stupid as he portrays in here.

Ultradouche and their ilk, yes.

I'm still waiting for his reply as to how his mensa fueled thread went over my head....:D

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 02:48 PM

Bawhahahaha!

Really?

You crack yourself up that easily?

Could explain how you ended up marrying the first bar slut you laid.

DrMaddVibe
01-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Pelosi, Boxer...whatever!

Still a swipe.

As far as the music..yeah on occasion I get paid. That's not where I make my living. Never said I ever wanted it to be either! Beats the fuck out of having a musical "career" pwn3d by a 3rd rate Beavis and Butthead character!

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't think so, but if you hum a few bars I bet he could play it!

More hilarious jokes from Jiffy Dude.

With an exclamation point no less....

DrMaddVibe
01-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Really?

You crack yourself up that easily?

Could explain how you ended up marrying the first bar slut you laid.

1st? Really? Keep grabbing at thin air! You don't have a clue!

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Pelosi, Boxer...whatever!

Still a swipe.

LMMFAO.........YOUR OWN THREAD WENT OVER YOUR OWN HEAD

:lol:

Oh my, God.

You can't make this shit up :D

Jiffy Dude owned HIMSELF

DrMaddVibe
01-12-2007, 02:53 PM
More hilarious jokes from Jiffy Dude.

With an exclamation point no less....

From another thread no less!

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 02:53 PM
1st? Really? Keep grabbing at thin air! You don't have a clue!

I wasn't counting the Tranny.

But whatever.....:D

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 02:54 PM
From another thread no less!

!!!!!

:D

DrMaddVibe
01-12-2007, 02:54 PM
LMMFAO.........YOUR OWN THREAD WENT OVER YOUR OWN HEAD

Oh my, God.

You can't make this shit up :D

Jiffy Dude owned HIMSELF

And you're cracking yourself up too!

DrMaddVibe
01-12-2007, 02:55 PM
I wasn't counting the Tranny.

But whatever.....:D

I wouldn't count on you either!

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 02:56 PM

As far as the music..yeah on occasion I get paid. That's not where I make my living. Never said I ever wanted it to be either! Beats the fuck out of having a musical "career" pwn3d by a 3rd rate Beavis and Butthead character!

Does it really?

What kind of coin does a 3rd rate bass player in a Florida Suburb make?

$150 a night?

Rock on !!!!!!!

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 02:57 PM
And you're cracking yourself up too!

No dumbshit.

YOU cracked me up.

I guess this went over your head.

You shouldn't try so hard.

DrMaddVibe
01-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Niether should you, but I already said it was over your head!

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Niether should you, but I already said it was over your head!

I notice you still can't answer the original question.

How did this go over MY head, when YOU don't even know who The Speaker of The House is :D

boy, u stupid.

Lqskdiver
01-12-2007, 03:31 PM
It's like watching a Laurel and Hardy episode.

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
It's like watching a Laurel and Hardy episode.

Asspipe is sensitive about his weight.

Let's not be mean ;)

Warham
01-12-2007, 08:41 PM
This is what Lounge considers intelligent debate.

Warham
01-12-2007, 08:43 PM
I've got a question for you, by the way.

Why in the hell are you guys changing thread titles and posts by people you don't like in here?

Do you believe in free speech? You keep rattling on and on about how Bush is some Nazi, yet you're using a form of censorship in here.

Knock it off.

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Warham
This is what Lounge considers intelligent debate.

Fuck off , asshole.

Your buddy started a thread, and I called him out on it.

Your boy can't tell the difference between Pelosi and Boxer.

Fucking dumbass.

Warham
01-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Fuck off , asshole.

Your buddy started a thread, and I called him out on it.

Your boy can't tell the difference between Pelosi and Boxer.

Fucking dumbass.

Pelosi and Boxer are the same ilk. Two hard-core left-wing liberal extremists who are trying to milk as much power as they can out of the few years they have left.

There are no differences.

LoungeMachine
01-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Pelosi and Boxer are the same ilk. Two hard-core left-wing liberal extremists who are trying to milk as much power as they can out of the few years they have left.

There are no differences.

Exactly what I'd expect an ignorant partisan hack to say....

Now YOUR post fine some fine debate skills, hypocrite.

I like how you come around once every few weeks to tell us what to do.

:rolleyes:

Little Texan
01-12-2007, 10:44 PM
What part of what Boxer said wasn't true? They (Bush administration) make snap judgements to send our young men and women into harm's way in Iraq without even thinking about what the parents must be going through, and how can Condoleeza know how these parents feel when she has never had any children of her own? You know damn well the officials in the Bush administration that DO have children would never send their own to go and fight in this stupid war, but they have no problem with sending someone elses sons and daughters to the front lines in Iraq, and we know Barbara and Jenna aren't going to see any action in any of daddy's wars he starts! If there were any chance that these administration officials' kids would have to fight in a war, they would think twice about making hasty decisions about sending more troops to fight in a senseless war that is already a lost cause, much less starting the stupid war to begin with!

Warham
01-14-2007, 09:48 PM
I like how you come around once every few weeks to tell us what to do.

:rolleyes:

Somebody's got to keep you in check, otherwise you'll start editing everyone's posts if you disagree.

Sometimes, even adults need a babysitter.

FORD
01-14-2007, 10:48 PM

So why isn't anyone babysitting the BCE? Obviously they need it more than anyone.

LoungeMachine
01-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Somebody's got to keep you in check, otherwise you'll start editing everyone's posts if you disagree.

Go fuck yourself, you little hypocritical twat.

:gulp:

DrMaddVibe
01-16-2007, 06:11 AM
Go fuck yourself, you little hypocritical twat.

Is that your new smash hit?

Ellyllions
01-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Nah, if there is so much damning evidence there was no need for Boxer to get personal.

It was just an ugly, classless thing to do. Period.

Sexism, family, personal issues of any kind had no place in the line of questioning. No MATTER who it is.

Doesn't matter if you're right/left/liberal/conservative. Manners should trump them all when dealing with business or political matters. You get a lot more accomplished that way.

Dragging someone's personal issues around or even making a snarky little innuendo for a grin's sake makes one come across as unintelligent, uninformed, and out of solid issues.

DrMaddVibe
01-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Elly, you got it.

LoungeMachine
01-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Elly, you got it.

AND she knows the difference between Boxer and Pelosi.

More than you can say, twat bubble. :rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
01-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Don't you have a Starbucks to play at today?

LoungeMachine
01-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Don't you have a Starbucks to play at today?

No, I'm enjoying the snowfall.

Later, I may trudge through it to my studio out back.

If I need someone to play E on a bass, I'll let you know.

Have a good day at Jiffy Lube today.

:gulp:

DrMaddVibe
01-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Enjoy your pitiful existence.

LoungeMachine
01-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Enjoy your pitiful existence.

You mean not having to sweat out a paycheck, record when I want, play when we want?

Yeah, it sucks. :D

Sure wish I had your life. :lol:

Remember

NEW IDOL TONIGHT !!!!!!!

DrMaddVibe
01-16-2007, 11:33 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D8ixbEShBA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D8ixbEShBA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I love Bo Bice.

I'd still rather fuck Clay, though.

LoungeMachine
01-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Ahh,

This must be the genius neo con debate skills WarPIG brags about...

LoungeMachine
01-16-2007, 12:08 PM
!

Having fun editing people's comments?

Not people's.

Just your's.

If you can't stay on topic, and insist in inserting your stupid youtube clips in the threads, I will edit them.

Don't like it?

Tough shit. :D

Fucking crybaby

Guitar Shark
01-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Editing posts is gay.

So is American Idol.

FORD
01-16-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't see what was "personal" about what Boxer said at all.

Kindasleazy Rice doesn't have any kids. That's not a personal judgment, it's a statement of fact.

Now if she had said "You don't have any kids because you're hopelessly hung up on that fucking Chimp whom you have referred to as your "husband" on more than one occasion", that would have been personal.

LoungeMachine
01-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I don't see what was "personal" about what Boxer said at all.

Kindasleazy Rice doesn't have any kids. That's not a personal judgment, it's a statement of fact.

Now if she had said "You don't have any kids because you're hopelessly hung up on that fucking Chimp whom you have referred to as your "husband" on more than one occasion", that would have been personal.

The mere fact AssPipe got his panties in a bunch over Boxer's statement cracks me up.

The Rupublican Party, led by Dick "go fuckyourself" Cheney has been slinging shit like a pen of caged monkeys for 6 years, and Ms. Bice has had nothing to say about it.

If nothing else, at least this thread proved once and for all what a clueless dipshit AssPipe really is.

If you can't distinguish between Boxer and Pelosi, you're too stupid to live.

Ellyllions
01-16-2007, 01:09 PM
It was an innuendo that Rice could make judgements on the fate of soldiers and civilians in Iraq without worrying about her own future family generation.

It was sly and said for the public only.

Sure, Rice is nothing more than an empty suit to the Administration. But Boxer's comment was unprofessional.

Come to think of it, the comment was perfect considering the entire Government we suffer from right now.