PDA

View Full Version : AFC Championship prediction

Bob_R
01-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Patriots at Indy.

I'll have to think about this one abit.

Manning finally gets the Pats at his place.

evhwolf
01-14-2007, 09:03 PM
I pray to the God of Skinny Punks that Manning finally beats the team that haunts him. I think that the Pats played to lose today, but so did the Chargers...you see what LT said after the game? Great jab at the Pats and the Luckiest Coach in Football.

Dave's PA Rental
01-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by evhwolf
I pray to the God of Skinny Punks that Manning finally beats the team that haunts him. I think that the Pats played to lose today, but so did the Chargers...you see what LT said after the game? Great jab at the Pats and the Luckiest Coach in Football.

I didnt see what LT said, but if you think that Belechick is the luckiest coach in football, you don't have a clue...

Was it luck that caused Troy Brown to be aware enough to strip the ball and cause that fumble?

Tom Brady had a terrible game. Maybe Brady got 'lucky' because his teammates bailed him out. Belechick is the best coach in football, maybe of all time. No luck involved.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Just a hunch, I really think this is Manning's year....

rustoffa
01-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
Tom Brady had a terrible game. Maybe Brady got 'lucky' because his teammates bailed him out. Belechick is the best coach in football, maybe of all time. No luck involved.

Hey, congrats on the win man. Y'all's coach had Marty ball nailed. Focus on the problem...that's coaching.

Bring on the Manning INT's...y'all's coach is already drawing it up.
:)

Dave's PA Rental
01-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Just a hunch, I really think this is Manning's year....

It might very well be...

Here is the thing for me about the Colts...will the Colts D play like the 85 Bears for three weeks in a row? Why were they so AWFUL agains the run during the regular season?

Also, if Rodney Harrison can come back and play, those Colt recievers better 'turtle' after catching to ball, just like the Rams recievers did in SB 36...if you know what I mean...

Lot of questions, but i'm just glad to be here...:)

Warham
01-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Patriots.

Tom Brady will go down as the greatest quarterback ever.

sadaist
01-15-2007, 01:25 AM
LT was pissed that the Pats were mimicking Merrimans dance on the 50-yard line on the Charger logo after the win. Pretty weak for a team that's been to the show so many times. You expect it from Terrell Owens, but not the Pats. I hope Peyton serves up some humble pie to those guys next week.

MAX
01-15-2007, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
LT was pissed that the Pats were mimicking Merrimans dance on the 50-yard line on the Charger logo after the win. Pretty weak for a team that's been to the show so many times. You expect it from Terrell Owens, but not the Pats. I hope Peyton serves up some humble pie to those guys next week.

Oh that's hogwash, no offense.

The Pats experience showed today. San Diego friggin' had them in every aspect of the game for a while. Seriously, they comepletely made The Pats become one-dimensional with nothing but a half assed passing attack. That of which Brady was hurried and messy to say the least. However, their poise and experience came through by the end.

Fuck Tomlinson and he's going to regret every friggin' word he said come tomorrow. He got away with a full on face mask on that INT and still cries.

Marty fuckd them by wasting that critical time out and they made some DUMB mistakes of which one does not do in big games like this.

Penalties and turnovers fucked The Bolts in their collective asses. I hate being a bandwagon fan but since Brady took the reigns in the 2001 season, I've always been rooting for them as one of my second favorite teams.

Seriously, how can one NOT respect them?

As for that "dance?" JEEZUS... :rolleyes: The friggin' game was OVER, people were celebrating ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! Then L.T. has the nerve to blame Belichick whilst he's celebrating by hugging his wife and children?

Tomlinson acted like a spoiled bratty child in his post-game press conference.

Again, that game was an all out dogfight and S.D. had every chance to win. They have nobody to blame but themselves. Well, that and the FACT that N.E. is a far superior team.

Bring on The Colts and let's watch this "Dynasty" get their fourth title. ;)

Little Texan
01-15-2007, 03:51 AM
I think this might be the year that Manning finally gets off the snide and takes the Colts to the Super Bowl. They have the Patriots at home in the Championship game, and the Colts are playing pretty good defense right now. However, as they proved today, the Patriots always seem to come up big in big games, and Tom Brady is something like 12-1 in his playoff career with today's win, so the Colts are going to have their work cut out for them. Peyton Manning is going to have to play better than he has in the previous two playoff games. He's not going to get away with throwing three picks against the Patriots like he did against the Ravens, and field goals aren't going to cut it, either. Should be a good game! Colts 27 Patriots 21

MAX
01-15-2007, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
I think this might be the year that Manning finally gets off the snide and takes the Colts to the Super Bowl. They have the Patriots at home in the Championship game, and the Colts are playing pretty good defense right now. However, as they proved today, the Patriots always seem to come up big in big games, and Tom Brady is something like 12-1 in his playoff career with today's win, so the Colts are going to have their work cut out for them. Peyton Manning is going to have to play better than he has in the previous two playoff games. He's not going to get away with throwing three picks against the Patriots like he did against the Ravens, and field goals aren't going to cut it, either. Should be a good game! Colts 27 Patriots 21

K BUT, I do have to argue your nice post my friend. :)

In order to win the big one's, there must be poise and the ability to handle pressure of epic proportions. Thus far, the Colts have shown none. Seriously, at this stage of the game, Manning, Harrison and Co. cannot rely on Vinateri to win the game. Points from the offense are crucial. As horrid as The Pats looked today, they still found the way to get it done.

I'll agree, it will be one heck of a game. However and being a DIE-FUCKING-HARD Broncos fan, I loathe The Colts. I respect the fuck out of Manning, Dungy and the lot of them... Regardless, I'm rooting for The Pats cos I cannot help but dig their coolness. I almost feel embarrassed cos I remind myself of how I felt about all of the 49er bandwagon fans in the 80's. :o

I'm just sayin' the way The Colts played The Ravens and the way The Pats played The Chargers really showed me something this weekend.

I'm an AFC guy and have always been one. I'll be rooting for N.E. If they happen to lose though, I'll take either Da Bears or The Aints.

As for Da Bears, let's not evenn get me going cos I want Grossman tossed and for Griese to shine. I'm STILL disgusted that my team dumped him in favor of that hack Plummer... :mad: Again, we'll save that for another day. :)

sadaist
01-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by MAX

the FACT that N.E. is a far superior team.

A 3 point win after being manhandled most of the game does not make them FAR superior. But they were the better team when it counted.

ddogg
01-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Go Pats!!!

Manning chokes in big games.

Dave's PA Rental
01-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
LT was pissed that the Pats were mimicking Merrimans dance on the 50-yard line on the Charger logo after the win.

Wait...so it's ok for the 'roid boy to do his 'celebration dance' but it's NOT ok for the Pats to throw it back in his face? People will latch onto anything to disparage a dynasty team... (and yes, I got that from Michael Holley)

Another one that Holley brought up today on WEEI: It's easy to be "classy" when you are 14-2 and score 8 TD's a week...but it's the real man who can stay classy in defeat.

So, yeah, it's sour grapes from LT...BUT I actually thought it was refreshing in this day and age of millionaire atheletes, that LT wanted to win SO BADLY that he wasnt ready to just smile and hug the Patriots after a tough loss...

We need more pros who care more about WINNING that getting a fat paycheck. Yes, im looking at you, Peyton.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Actually, it's just another example of too much showboating, too much hotdogging, too much unsportsmanlike conduct, and too much taunting...

It's gotten to the point now where the players are taunting the crowd !! How much longer will it be before someone goes into the crowd at an NFL game....

Bob_R
01-15-2007, 08:34 PM
People will latch onto anything to disparage a dynasty team

Now you know how Yankee fans feel. :) ;) :p

Bullethead #1
01-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Wait...so it's ok for the 'roid boy to do his 'celebration dance' but it's NOT ok for the Pats to throw it back in his face? People will latch onto anything to disparage a dynasty team... (and yes, I got that from Michael Holley)

Another one that Holley brought up today on WEEI: It's easy to be "classy" when you are 14-2 and score 8 TD's a week...but it's the real man who can stay classy in defeat.

So, yeah, it's sour grapes from LT...BUT I actually thought it was refreshing in this day and age of millionaire atheletes, that LT wanted to win SO BADLY that he wasnt ready to just smile and hug the Patriots after a tough loss...

We need more pros who care more about WINNING that getting a fat paycheck. Yes, im looking at you, Peyton.

RIGHT ON! I say the same things to Native Americans. If you don't like the Washington Redskins Logo, You should have fought harder..

Dave's PA Rental
01-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Now you know how Yankee fans feel. :) ;) :p

Do you really think that I didnt have ol' EVH FAN in mind when I wrote that? ;)

Bob_R
01-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Do you really think that I didnt have ol' EVH FAN in mind when I wrote that? ;)

Thank you my friend. :)

BottomLine65
01-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Colts

Fairwrning
01-21-2007, 12:22 PM
REALLY, REALLY pulling for Manning..( uhmm..I mean the Colts)....
I thought last year was finally his year..and I am thinking THIS year is finally THE year he wins it..
But it is real hard to disregard the Brady factor...

POJO_Risin
01-21-2007, 01:26 PM
LT was a whining bitch, who's team lost, and he was taking his ball and going home.

He just forgot his balls.

As for this game...

I do think there was some luck involved in last game for the Pats. As I've always said, Great teams create their own luck. How many times do you see the ball bounce a good teams' way. The reason being that when something happens like that, they know what to do. It helps when you have a good defense.

Brady didn't play well, but that's not always the deciding factor for a good quarterback. I LOVE watching Brady on the sideline. He's calm, and when he knows he's about to get the ball, he's up throwing the ball. He's commanding. A team responds to that, whether you are playing well or not.

People compare Brady to Montana a whole bunch, but I don't see that comparison as much as everyone else. I see Brady as a lot like Johnny U. Just that commanding presence.

As far as Belichick...great...great...coach...

but I'll hold my opinions on the Greatest Coach Ever until we see the complete body of work...

POJO_Risin
01-21-2007, 01:35 PM
As far as who I think will win...

Boy...

This is an interesting year, because I don't think anyone thought these two would be meeting in the championship game...

The Colts are an interesting team...still the offense, but a very questionable defense...that's been actually playing very well in the playoffs.

The Pats find ways to win, and have that history.

I'm picking the Patriots to win this game. Until the Colts BEAT New England, I won't pick them.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
LT was a whining bitch

LT is a conceited prick....

Oops, wrong thread... ;)

POJO_Risin
01-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Shit...they'd be perfect for each other...

Dave's PA Rental
01-21-2007, 03:05 PM
I see a high scoring game. Maroney and Dillon are well rested. The 'historically-bad-against-the-run' Colts D CANT play like the 85 Bears again, can they?

Rodney Harrison is out...Troy Brown had the flu last week...Teddy Bruschi might still have it, but will play anyway.

The weight of the world is on Peyton Manning today...his entire legacy will be determined by this game.

That's alot of pressure.

The Pats O line really stepped it up against the Chargers last week...anything left in the tank?

Ben fucking Watson has two cinder blocks for hands...(i'll bet HE didnt catch the flu)

Pats MUST establish a run game early to keep Peyton off the field (noduh, right?)

And then there are the kickers. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Vinitieri has never missed indoors.

But Tom Brady has never LOST indoors...

Patriots 33...Colts 27

POJO_Risin
01-21-2007, 07:23 PM
The weight of the world is on Peyton Manning today...his entire legacy will be determined by this game.

Hmmmm....wasn't Elway 37 when he won his first Super Bowl?...37?

Peyton Manning is 30 years old.

Someone's been watching too much pregame.

PumpedUpMidget
01-21-2007, 07:26 PM
As long as the winner of this game beats the piss out of the Bears...

POJO_Risin
01-21-2007, 07:27 PM
If the Colts can run against this D, they will win the game. The key is keeping that D on the field as long as possible...and keeping Brady off the field...

POJO_Risin
01-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Boy...Pats up 21-3...

Raise your hand if you think the Pats are going to start running the ball right down Indy's throat.

That D comes up big every year...

Unchainme
01-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Close Game 34-31 Pats..

I'm rooting for Indy, Again, Because I want an all midwest Super Bowl.

Nickdfresh
01-21-2007, 10:01 PM
What a game!

Nickdfresh
01-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Oooofff! the Colts punched it in!

38-34 Colts...

Less than a minute, it doesn't look good for everyone's favorite all-American QB, Tom Brady...:)

rustoffa
01-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Way to go NFL.

Fucking sickening.

Dave's PA Rental
01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Good for Peyton...

Congrats Colts fans...

ALinChainz
01-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Now he's has to win it. But I am glad he'll have a shot.

I thought the Patriots would have a better shot against the Bears, they seem to adapt to all situations where the Colts impose the will on a team with their hurry-up and passing game.

A Wolverine picking off a Wolverine too.

Unchainme
01-21-2007, 10:30 PM
"Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are the first African-American coaches to reach the Super Bowl. Therefore, this is also the first Super Bowl to feature two African-American coaches, and the first game that an African-American head coach will coach a Super Bowl team."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XLI

In Your Face Joe Thunder. :)

Dave's PA Rental
01-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Maybe now Peyton will get to do some endorsements...

Sammy Who??
01-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Oooofff! the Colts punched it in!

38-34 Colts...

Less than a minute, it doesn\'t look good for everyone\'s favorite all-American QB, Tom Brady...:)

LET\'S GO BUFFALO!!!!

Little Texan
01-21-2007, 10:58 PM
I couldn't be happier for Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy...both getting the monkey off their backs! Tony Dungy...couldn't have happened to a better guy!