• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sammysucks65
    Head Fluffer
    • May 2005

Factory Direct

Any good word out of these factory direct guitars. Kramers from
    here or other such guitars. They are plentiful on Ebay and i was wondering if they are worth buying. IS it the low price fooling me or are these worth my buck?
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The only factory direct company I've dealt with is Carvin. I like their mixers and PA equipment. Their guitars seem well built.

There are some good factory direct companies that have been in business for a very long-time.

You can save a lot of money but the problem is making a return is a pain and you have to usually pay the shipping. If you don't like the full 100 watt stack you bought, it's kind of a bitch to pack it up and send it back.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

I personally would never buy a guitar or amp without being able to see it in person and play on it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
        I personally would never buy a guitar or amp without being able to see it in person and play on it.
        Yup. I think that's why Carvin started opening some stores so people could get a feel for their stuff.

I have one of their mixers and the thing has been great and their power amps are a bargain. You can save a lot by eliminating the distributor and dealer.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
          Bought a Carvin X-100B half-stack without ever hearing one as a kid...wasn't terrible, but wouldn't do it again...I DID end up getting a second 4X12 from them a year later...
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I hear good things about their Legacy cabs but I can order one out of northern Idaho from Avatar for a better price and their new vintage cabs look cool.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I used to shop and have my amps worked on at a place called Big D's Music Exchange in Boise, Idaho. They dude always had some cool used equipment. He had some Carvin amps in the back room. Old ones from the 70's. He said they were junk and refused to even sell them.

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

I played a CARVIN tele style guitar recently...I'd never seen one before....

BAD ASS guitar

Comment

Working...