PDA

View Full Version : Obama Mama Drama

DrMaddVibe
01-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Obama Takes 1st Step in Presidential Bid

Jan 16 1:42 PM US/Eastern

By NEDRA PICKLER
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Democratic Sen. Barack Obama on Tuesday took the initial step in a presidential bid that could make him the nation's first black to occupy the White House.
Obama filed papers creating a presidential exploratory committee, a move he announced on his Web site, http://www.barackobama.com . He said he would announce more about his plans in his home state of Illinois on Feb. 10.

"I certainly didn't expect to find myself in this position a year ago," Obama said in a video posting. "I've been struck by how hungry we all are for a different kind of politics. So I've spent some time thinking about how I could best advance the cause of change and progress that we so desperately need."

Obama, a 45-year-old with little more than two years into his Senate term, is the most inexperienced candidate considering a run for the Democratic nomination. He quickly rose to national prominence, beginning with his keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention and his election to the Senate that year, but still is an unknown quantity to many voters.

Two best-selling autobiographies _ "The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream" and "Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance" _ have helped fill in the gaps but have still only touched a fraction of the public.

Nonetheless, he ranks as a top contender. His appeal on the stump, his unique background, his opposition to the Iraq war and the fact that he is a fresh face set him apart in a competitive race that also is expected to include front-runner Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York.

Other Democrats who have announced a campaign or exploratory committee are 2004 vice presidential nominee John Edwards, former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack, Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd and Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich.

Obama's announcement was comparatively low-key, banking on the hype building up to his decision to drive the buzz rather than a speech or high-profile media appearance. He was in Washington on Tuesday but did not plan any public appearances.

Obama tried to turn his biggest weakness _ his lack of experience in national politics _ into an asset by criticizing the work of those who have been in power.

"The decisions that have been made in Washington these past six years, and the problems that have been ignored, have put our country in a precarious place," he said.

"America's faced big problems before," he said. "But today, our leaders in Washington seem incapable of working together in a practical, commonsense way. Politics has become so bitter and partisan, so gummed up by money and influence, that we can't tackle the big problems that demand solutions."

He said Americans are struggling financially, dependence on foreign oil threatens the environment and national security and "we're still mired in a tragic and costly war that should have never been waged."

Barack Hussein Obama was born in 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii, where his parents met while studying at the University of Hawaii. His father was black and from Kenya; his mother, white and from Wichita, Kan.

Obama's parents divorced when he was two and his father returned to Kenya. His mother later married an Indonesian student and the family moved to Jakarta. Obama returned to Hawaii when he was 10 to live with his maternal grandparents.

Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was the first African-American elected editor of the Harvard Law Review. He settled in Chicago, where he joined a law firm and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago's Law School. He also helped local churches establish job training programs for residents of poor neighborhoods and organized a major voter registration drive in the 1992 election.

While working at the corporate law firm Sidley Austin in the summer of Obama met Michelle Robinson, then an associate attorney at the firm. They married in 1992, and have two daughters, Malia and Sasha.

In 1996, he was elected to the Illinois state Senate, where he earned a reputation as a consensus-building Democrat who was strongly liberal on social and economic issues. He backed gay rights, abortion rights, gun control, universal health care and tax breaks for the poor, but set himself apart from others by working with opponents to resolve policy disagreements and refusing to become a rubber stamp for his allies.

The retirement of Republican Sen. Peter Fitzgerald of Illinois in 2004 drew a raft of candidates to the Democratic primary, but Obama easily outdistanced his competitors. He was virtually assured of victory in the general election when the designated Republican candidate was forced from the race by scandal late in the election. His GOP replacement _ conservative gadfly Alan Keyes, who is also black _ garnered less than 30 percent of the vote.

Obama insisted during the 2004 campaign and through his first year in the Senate that he had no intention of running for president, but by late 2006 his public statements had begun to leave open that possibility.

Last month, he traveled to New Hampshire, the first-in-the-nation primary state, and drew rock-star size crowds to a speech and book signing.

Whoopie!!!:rolleyes:

Guitar Shark
01-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Whoopie!!!:rolleyes:

Yet, you started a thread about it?

Bravo!

Seshmeister
01-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Americans are still far too racist to elect a black president.

Guitar Shark
01-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Fuck off, you kilt-wearing Sawney.

LoungeMachine
01-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Yet, you started a thread about it?

Bravo!

LMAO :D

Slow day at the old Jiffy Lube today.

Little Texan
01-16-2007, 06:09 PM
I think it's going to be awful tough for him to get elected with a middle name like "Hussein"! Not only that, but his last name rhymes with "Osama", and I'm not sure that America is ready for a black president, yet. Maybe he could tell the white voters to vote for the white part of him? :D

LoungeMachine
01-16-2007, 06:13 PM

True. :(

But I love your sig gif of McQueen in the Great Escape :cool:

FORD
01-16-2007, 06:24 PM
If the media whores are to be believed, then the only choices are a "black president" or a "woman president".

The country may not be ready for either one. I know I'll NEVER be ready for "president Hillary".

Fuck this shit. It's time for Howard Dean to take his rightful place as President of the United States. I'll takeover the DNC, so he knows it will remain in good hands.

LoungeMachine
01-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Fuck this shit. It's time for Howard Dean to take his rightful place as President of the United States. I'll takeover the DNC, so he knows it will remain in good hands.

It was only a matter of time before the snow got to FORD.

Log Cabin Fever, if you will :D

He's plotting right now how to get his RV from DC to the former NORAD bunker.

It will be our HQ.

Shhh.:cool:

Nickdfresh
01-16-2007, 06:52 PM
What's fascinating is how much more the Republicans here seem to care about the Democratic candidates than they do the ones in their own party...

Are they really excited about McCain or Giuliani? Do they really think either will pass muster once the party divisions set in?

Seshmeister
01-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
True. :(

But I love your sig gif of McQueen in the Great Escape :cool:

I have to admit I stole it...:)

DrMaddVibe
01-17-2007, 10:09 AM

I disagree with the racist remark. I think America can and will elect a black President. Wouldn't it be nice if he was actually qualified though?

LoungeMachine
01-17-2007, 11:11 AM
I disagree with the racist remark. I think America can and will elect a black President. Wouldn't it be nice if he was actually qualified though?

He'll be a Democrat, that much we know.

Ken Blackwell certainly won't be running for higher office anytime soon.

DrMaddVibe
01-17-2007, 11:15 AM

BJ Clinton can't run again!:D

Dr. Love
01-17-2007, 05:42 PM

Ken Blackwell certainly won't be running for higher office anytime soon.

What, you don't have faith we'll see a President Alan Keyes?

LoungeMachine
01-17-2007, 06:13 PM

Command of the English language, and the ability to surround yourself with people other than sycophants, war criminals, and thieves would be a nice start as well.

Too bad we didn't hold such high standards in 2000. :mad:

FORD
01-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
What, you don't have faith we'll see a President Alan Keyes?

Not unless a third party wins. Keyes will NEVER win a Republican nomination. In fact, I believe they actually arrested him when he tried to enter the 2004 convention. I don't know how the Hell he can hold any loyalty to that party after that.

But the real question is, what state would he pretend to live in if he DID run?

LoungeMachine
01-17-2007, 08:39 PM

But the real question is, what state would he pretend to live in if he DID run?

Floridians seem to be a pretty gullible bunch.

Nickdfresh
01-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Really?

http://www.esoterically.net/log/images/Katherine-Harris-Derided.jpg

I mean it's not like they'd elect some insane bitch because they liked her aging big titties is it?

ELVIS
01-18-2007, 01:30 AM
If the media whores are to be believed, then the only choices are a "black president" or a "woman president".

The liberal media whores, you mean ??

And you mean to tell me this guy is black ??

http://www.matthewklam.com/nonfiction/obama.jpg

The country may not be ready for either one. I know I'll NEVER be ready for "president Hillary".

Never say never...

You know you would vote for Him over George W...

Who is Howard Dean ??

hahaha...:D

Nickdfresh
01-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
hahaha...:D

Nothing says political sophisticate like a photoshopped image of a blackman highlighting his teeth...

Fucking dolt.

BTW, your state sucks and houses some of the dumbest fucking hicks I've ever run across (I invite anyone to try driving there).

Though...

There were some very good people as well...

BigBadBrian
01-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

There were some very good people as well...

Nice comeback, Nick. :rolleyes:

Your condescension towards the people of the South is exactly why you people can't seem to win down there.

DrMaddVibe
01-18-2007, 06:57 AM
Obama Says He Regrets Land Deal With Fundraiser
Senator Bought a Parcel From His Neighbor, a Now-Indicted Political Operative
By Peter Slevin
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, December 17, 2006; A06

CHICAGO. Dec. 16 -- Antoin "Tony" Rezko is a political insider, an energetic Chicago dealmaker and campaign fundraiser often in the headlines for being on the wrong side of good government. Indicted in October on influence-peddling charges, he also has a habit of befriending prospective political stars.

One of them was Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.), who was offered a job by Rezko in the early 1990s while a top student at Harvard Law School. Obama did not take it, but over the years, the two men stayed in touch, and Rezko backed Obama's successful 2004 U.S. Senate campaign, raising money and contributing his own.

In June 2005, in what Obama now describes as a "boneheaded" mistake, Obama and Rezko's wife bought adjacent properties on Chicago's South Side, closing the deals on the same day. Seven months later, wanting a bigger yard for his $1.65 million house, Obama bought a slice of the Rezko property for $104,500.

After news of the deal broke last month in the Chicago Tribune, Obama said he had erred by creating the appearance that Rezko had done him a favor by selling him a portion of the lot. For the first time since he entered the national spotlight, the 45-year-old freshman senator found himself on the defensive, discussing a personal decision he had come to regret.

"There's no doubt that this was a mistake on my part. 'Boneheaded' would be accurate," Obama said in a telephone interview Friday. "There's no doubt I should have seen some red flags in terms of me purchasing a piece of property from him."

Obama recently donated to charity $11,500 that Rezko had contributed to his federal campaign account.

There have been no allegations that Obama, whose political fortunes are soaring as he mulls a run for president, broke the law or committed any ethics violations. He said he has done no government business with Rezko, who is facing charges in two unrelated criminal cases.

But leaders of Chicago watchdog organizations describe Obama's behavior as a surprising error in judgment, particularly for a politician noted for his tactical skills, his ambition and his support of state and federal ethics legislation.

"It's disappointing because there has been speculation about Tony Rezko, and whether he was crossing ethical lines, for a number of years," said Cynthia Canary, director of the Illinois Campaign for Political Reform.

Jay Stewart, executive director of Chicago's Better Government Association, said, "Being a lawyer, he did everything by the book, but there's a higher expectation of him."

To Chicago political observers, it made sense that Rezko tried to get close to Obama. A Syrian-born businessman whose fortunes seemed to rise and fall with his latest deal, Rezko was known for cultivating politicians, including Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D) and Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (D-Ill.).

Rezko created a real estate development company and operated dozens of Chinese eateries and pizza restaurants. After Blagojevich rode into office in 2002, Rezko emerged as a friend and close adviser. He recommended people for significant state jobs and, a federal grand jury charged, soon tried to shake down investment firms that wanted to do business with Illinois.

In one instance, Rezko and Stuart Levine, a member of two state boards, allegedly demanded that a firm seeking investment business pay a $2 million fee to a middleman or give $1.5 million to the campaign of "a certain public official," later identified as Blagojevich.

The company refused. Levine pleaded guilty this fall to federal charges and is cooperating with authorities. Blagojevich, who has not been charged, denied wrongdoing and accused Rezko of betrayal.

Chicago authorities alleged last year that Rezko set up a front minority company to win permission to open three Panda Express outlets at O'Hare International Airport. His nominal partner was Jabir Herbert Muhammad, son of the late Nation of Islam founder Elijah Muhammad.

Rezko and Muhammad settled the matter, which became public in 2005, months before Obama's house purchase. Without admitting wrongdoing, they agreed to end their O'Hare operations and were disqualified from the city's minority business program.

When Obama and his wife, Michelle, a hospital executive, decided to move with their two young girls from their Hyde Park condominium, they chose a spacious three-story Georgian revival home on a tree-lined street in the Kenwood neighborhood, not far from the University of Chicago. The owner had listed the house -- nearly 100 years old, with four fireplaces and a wine cellar -- and an adjacent lot as separate parcels.

The Obamas purchased the house, which had been on the market for several months, for $300,000 below the list price. On the day they closed, Rezko's wife, Rita, closed on the 9,000-square-foot lot next door for the asking price of $625,000.

Obama said Rezko, who knows the neighborhood, was one of several people he called for advice on the real estate market. Rezko told him he knew the developer who renovated the house. In a later conversation, Rezko said he intended to buy the empty lot and build on it.

Later, the Obamas bought a 10-foot-by-150-foot piece of the lot for $104,500. An appraisal put the value of the strip at $40,500, a spokesman said, but Obama considered it fair to pay one-sixth of the original price for one-sixth of the lot.

"It wasn't something we needed to have," Obama said. "It was something I thought would be nice, if it worked economically for him."

Rezko and Obama collaborated to build a fence separating the properties, and Obama has paid his landscapers to mow the lawn on the Rezko lot. Obama, who said city code required Rezko to fence the lot, paid for legal and design work to ensure it was done properly, while Rezko paid for the fence.

Obama said that he was unaware of Rezko's brewing troubles in 2005 and that Rezko sought no favors. He described himself, after eight years in the Illinois Senate and two on Capitol Hill, as careful to live within strict ethical boundaries -- refusing to allow lobbyists to pay for meals, for example, and reimbursing people for golf outings.

"I'm very proud of how I've conducted myself during the entire time I've been in public service," Obama said. "My hope would be that people come away saying, 'He's not perfect, but he owns up to his mistakes and tries to correct them as quickly as possible.' I hope they look at the entire body of my public service and would note that this is the first time anything has ever come up."

Stewart, of the Better Government Association, said Obama took responsibility and did not shy away from questions. If there are no further revelations, he said, "it's going to wind up being a footnote," but "if anything further comes out, it's a different story."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/16/AR2006121600729_pf.html

Nickdfresh
01-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

Your condescension towards the people of the South is exactly why you people can't seem to win down there.

You mean like Virginia?:)

And have you ever driven through New Orleans?

sadaist
01-18-2007, 08:14 PM

And have you ever driven through New Orleans?

A friend of mine drove a boat through there a while back.

Nickdfresh
01-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I saw a few boats that drove through town. They had sturdy outboard motors, and Hurricane Katrina, for propulsion...

Ellyllions
01-19-2007, 07:43 AM
What's fascinating is how much more the Republicans here seem to care about the Democratic candidates than they do the ones in their own party...

Are they really excited about McCain or Giuliani? Do they really think either will pass muster once the party divisions set in?

The Republicans aren't offering up anything that we'd vote for. Just like in '08 the Dems offered up John Kerry.

Obama is someone I'd vote for. He seems level-headed, not excitable, and educated. His lack of experience might work for us in this instance. Seems DC is full of "experienced" politicians meaning that they know how to work the system. I wish we could replace most of the Government with fresh faces.

And I don't believe this country is as racist as some like to tout. I think it's a dying breed. (I could really go on about this)

I won't vote for Hillary Clinton. I wouldn't vote her as "employee of the month" at my local Piggly Wiggly.

Ellyllions
01-19-2007, 07:51 AM
[i]
FYI, dumb fucking hick from Virginia right here.
Actually dumb fucking hillbilly from the southwestern-most portion of the state of Virginia. The Appalachains that is...

But it would be just like some nasty, foul mouthed, arrogant New Yorker to say something like that.

Easy baby...

Did I say Virginia? BBB brought that up, not me.

I used to live in Virginia, and may well again.

Dr. Love
01-19-2007, 09:45 AM

Condescension aside, he's right about the backward hick part.

Ellyllions
01-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Discrimination isn't always about color or sexual preference is it?

Dr. Love
01-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
And I don't believe this country is as racist as some like to tout. I think it's a dying breed. (I could really go on about this)

Have you spent much time on the internet??

LoungeMachine
01-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Discrimination isn't always about color or sexual preference is it?

No.

I hate many people on spec. ;)

Take Neo Con Shitbags for example.

FORD
01-19-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm with Doc and Nick on this one. Obviously not everybody down south is stupid and gullible. But it sure seems that enough of them are, that it gets the right wing extremist wedge issues on the ballot every single time and in doing so, usually drag the entire state to the Republican ticket, even though the Republican agenda doesn't do a damn thing to benefit 99.99999% of those who live below the Mason Dixon line.

Or 99.999999% of those who live above it either.

Granted, there are gullible dumbasses in every state. Ask anyone in Washington state about Tim Eyman and his lame brained, self centered, initiative campaigns for evidence of that. Difference is that "our" idiots don't tip national elections. :(

Ellyllions
01-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Have you spent much time on the internet??

Have you spent much time outside the internet? Among real people rather than blog sites and blinking cursors?

This thread's dialogue proves that this country's population is no better than the population of Iraq. We're just as divided on as many levels as they are and we hate each other equally as much. Our government is corrupt because we've allowed it to be. We've put faith in people that don't deserve it because we enjoy the plethora of scandal. It's gossip, hatred, and slander that gets our attention.

We refuse to stand together because it's so much more fun to sit back and laugh at someone else. When you turn your back on the common citizen who's life is much like your own because of where they live, the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or lack there of; then you give corruption much more room to breed and control.

So.....we get what we deserve from the powers that be.

Ellyllions
01-19-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm with Doc and Nick on this one. Obviously not everybody down south is stupid and gullible. But it sure seems that enough of them are, that it gets the right wing extremist wedge issues on the ballot every single time and in doing so, usually drag the entire state to the Republican ticket, even though the Republican agenda doesn't do a damn thing to benefit 99.99999% of those who live below the Mason Dixon line.

Or 99.999999% of those who live above it either.

Granted, there are gullible dumbasses in every state. Ask anyone in Washington state about Tim Eyman and his lame brained, self centered, initiative campaigns for evidence of that. Difference is that "our" idiots don't tip national elections. :(

Well, Ford. I understand the point you're trying to make here but it's not like nutjobs above the Mason Dixon line who DID make it through the elections have all been screaming successes either. To act like the folks up North have all the answers is a bit ridiculous.

We're all human, ya know.

Southern small town America has been the backbone of this country's financial status for a long time. Thinking on such a marginally small scale of just politics when considering the Southern manufacturers will get you broke. If we didn't make it, where would the money come from that the Northern CEO's squabble over? With that logic, seems like we should find a way to erase that Mason Dixon line instead of continually pointing and laughing at each other.

And you're not going to do that by posting billboards about how STUPID we are.

LoungeMachine
01-19-2007, 10:13 AM

We're all human, ya know.

Some more than others.

Take BushCO for example.......

Reptilian in nature.

Nickdfresh
01-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Easy baby...

Did I say Virginia? BBB brought that up, not me.

I used to live in Virginia, and may well again.

Sorry I "edited" your post. It was an accident, I thought I was quoting you.

My apologies...

LOL :D

Coyote
01-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Some more than others.

Reptilian in nature.

Or a little more than just "in nature"...

LoungeMachine
01-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
Or a little more than just "in nature"...

:cool:

Coyote
01-19-2007, 11:45 PM

:D

Dr. Love
01-20-2007, 01:32 AM
Have you spent much time outside the internet? Among real people rather than blog sites and blinking cursors?

No, of course not. That's why I burn it up on this message board with 425 posts per day.

This thread's dialogue proves that this country's population is no better than the population of Iraq. We're just as divided on as many levels as they are and we hate each other equally as much.

Yep. That's why the bombs go off daily at the malls in America. Because we hate eachother as much as they do in Iraq.

Our government is corrupt because we've allowed it to be. We've put faith in people that don't deserve it because we enjoy the plethora of scandal. It's gossip, hatred, and slander that gets our attention.

We refuse to stand together because it's so much more fun to sit back and laugh at someone else. When you turn your back on the common citizen who's life is much like your own because of where they live, the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or lack there of; then you give corruption much more room to breed and control.

So.....we get what we deserve from the powers that be.

That's very preachy. I don't share your point-of-view on much of it, except that it's fun to laugh at other people.

Dr. Love
01-20-2007, 01:34 AM
Sorry I "edited" your post. It was an accident, I thought I was quoting you.

My apologies...

LOL :D

No worries, FORD.

Dr. Love
01-20-2007, 01:34 AM
I mean Nick.

DrMaddVibe
01-25-2007, 07:02 AM
Hillary's Hollywood Friends Switch Sides
Steven Spielberg and David Geffen Invite Hundreds of Stars to Their Big Barack Obama Fundraiser

By MARCUS BARAM
Jan. 24, 2007 Ñ - Is Hollywood abandoning Hillary?

On Wednesday morning, hundreds of Hollywood's movers and shakers received an invitation that they may find hard to refuse.

They've been invited to come meet Sen. Barack Obama, the Democratic Party's new superstar. He already has the buzz, but can he bring home the prize?

Movie moguls Steven Spielberg, David Geffen and Jeffrey Katzenberg want their Hollywood peers to join them at a Feb. 20 fundraiser the three are throwing for Obama.

For $2,300 a person and $4600 a couple, they can meet the candidate at a reception at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Those who commit to raising $46,000 (10 couples/20 tickets) for the evening will be invited to a private dinner at Geffen's Malibu, Calif., home.

The fundraiser represents a major slap for Obama's main competitor, Sen. Hillary Clinton, who has received financial support from all three moguls in the past. Their company, Dreamworks SKG, has contributed $47,000 to Clinton since her 2000 New York Senate campaign.

Spielberg alone has contributed $11,000 to Clinton since that campaign, and his political consultant, Andy Spahn, emphasized that Spielberg and Geffen have not yet officially endorsed Obama. "Mr. Katzenberg is endorsing Sen. Obama's candidacy," he said. "Mr. Spielberg is co-hosting the event but has not made any endorsements as of yet."

Spahn added that Spielberg "expects to be helpful to a few candidates during this exploratory phase," and may host fundraisers for Clinton and John Edwards as well. "Spielberg likes John Edwards and has a relationship with him -- those are the two who he also likes."

Since the invitation went out just this morning, it was not clear who had R.S.V.P.'d for the event. But it is likely that those celebrities who've expressed support for Obama's candidacy -- including George Clooney, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Oprah Winfrey, Oliver Stone and superagent Ari Emanuel -- will be at the Beverly Hilton on Feb. 20.

Copyright © 2007 ABC News Internet Ventures

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/print?id=2819848

BigBadBrian
01-25-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm with Doc and Nick on this one. Obviously not everybody down south is stupid and gullible. But it sure seems that enough of them are

FORD, you need to quit believing what you see on TV and the movies.

It's that elitist attitude that is costing you votes. The Hillbilly's of the Appalacians are primarily of Scottish and Irish background.

Blame Sesh. :D

DrMaddVibe
01-25-2007, 04:21 PM
http://www.freakingnews.com/entries/26000/Barack-Obama__26216.jpg

FORD
01-25-2007, 04:40 PM
FORD, you need to quit believing what you see on TV and the movies.

It's that elitist attitude that is costing you votes. The Hillbilly's of the Appalacians are primarily of Scottish and Irish background.

Blame Sesh. :D

WHAT elitist attitude?? It's a statement of fact that the Republicans use ridiculous wedge issues in the so called "red" states to get people to the polls, and the bullshit works time after time.

For the record, I'll put my redneck genetics up against anyone here. Some of my relatives actually moved to Northern Idaho because the redneck town they used to live in had become too suburbanized. And when they moved there, it was to a log cabin with no electricity, or running water and they shit in an outhouse. Eventually, they got the electricity and the running water.

These are the same people who spike the watermelons with moonshine at the family reunions so they can trick the Mormon cousins. One of them even has a Confederate flag tattoo on his arm, and it looks like one of those do it yourself prison jobs. (I didn't ask)

They're basically good people, but I don't discuss politics with them very often, unless they bring it up. And even then they had to admit Chimpy was a moron.

So don't lecture me about hillbillies and rednecks. I've got a family tree full of em. And yes, it forks, god damn it!!

DrMaddVibe
01-25-2007, 04:42 PM
WHAT elitist attitude?? It's a statement of fact that the Republicans use ridiculous wedge issues in the so called "red" states to get people to the polls, and the bullshit works time after time.

For the record, I'll put my redneck genetics up against anyone here. Some of my relatives actually moved to Northern Idaho because the redneck town they used to live in had become too suburbanized. And when they moved there, it was to a log cabin with no electricity, or running water and they shit in an outhouse. Eventually, they got the electricity and the running water.

These are the same people who spike the watermelons with moonshine at the family reunions so they can trick the Mormon cousins. One of them even has a Confederate flag tattoo on his arm, and it looks like one of those do it yourself prison jobs. (I didn't ask)

They're basically good people, but I don't discuss politics with them very often, unless they bring it up. And even then they had to admit Chimpy was a moron.

So don't lecture me about hillbillies and rednecks. I've got a family tree full of em. And yes, it forks, god damn it!!

TMI...nobody really cares!!

Seshmeister
01-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Barack Hussein Obama.

His name really couldn't be worse could it? Obama a mixture of Osama and Bomber, barrack and just to be sure Hussein. :)

FORD
01-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Barack Hussein Obama.

His name really couldn't be worse could it? Obama a mixture of Osama and Bomber, barrack and just to be sure Hussein. :)

Yeah, but "Hussein" in the Arab world is like "Smith" in the US. Or a last name beginning with "Mc" in Scotland.

Seshmeister
01-25-2007, 10:15 PM
No offence but we are talking about the Anerican electorate here...

Poeple that voted for Bush because they were unhappy about Kerry's war record...

Seshmeister
01-25-2007, 10:18 PM
If I had to put money on it at the moment I would bet on Hillary.

It's the best money and machine that wins, not policies or anything else.

FORD
01-25-2007, 10:21 PM
No offence but we are talking about the Anerican electorate here...

Poeple that voted for Bush because they were unhappy about Kerry's war record...

Worse than that.... Kerry was the third Vietnam Vet that team BCE shit all over during a campaign. They did it to both John McCain and Al Gore in 2000. Granted, Gore's experience in 'Nam was considerably different than McCain's but all the same he did go. Which is more than you can say for the Chimp. Or Cheney. Or the rest of his cabinet. Or 90% of the right wing media.

Seshmeister
01-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Hillary's 'converstaion with America' is actually great spin because in a fucked up way it is true.

Her people will spend millions working out exactly what she needs to say to get elected and then 100s of millions putting out TV adverts saying it.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Coyote
01-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Hillary's 'converstaion with America' is actually great spin because in a fucked up way it is true.

Her people will spend millions working out exactly what she needs to say to get elected and then 100s of millions putting out TV adverts saying it.

Cheers!

I thought it was all about having the right bloodlines? :confused: :p

Nickdfresh
01-25-2007, 11:05 PM
If I had to put money on it at the moment I would bet on Hillary.

It's the best money and machine that wins, not policies or anything else.

She can easily raise $500 million --for starters...

BigBadBrian
01-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Which is more than you can say for the Chimp. Or Cheney. Or the rest of his cabinet. Or 90% of the right wing media.

Or you.

FORD
01-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Or you.

Considering I was 9 years old when Saigon fell in 1975, I wasn't exactly eligible for the Vietnam War. I don't think anyone's gonna hold that against me.

DrMaddVibe
02-12-2007, 06:23 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U-MYq2TZ73Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U-MYq2TZ73Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Say what you mean, and mean what you say?

hideyoursheep
02-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Some more than others.

Reptilian in nature.

Must be Biiavians...Oqua Tan gen wan,qua unsa, lajee wan.:D

ULTRAMAN VH
02-13-2007, 07:24 AM
Barack Obama: The Human Rorschach Blot
by Mac Johnson (more by this author)

Posted: 02/13/2007
Barack Obama is like a small, shiny object. The easily fascinated can stare deeply into his blank sheen and see...their own reflections. He can be anything to anyone because he is nothing in particular. Yet listening to the leftstream media, one would have to conclude that the man is a multifaceted miracle.

He's a moderate. He's a third way. He's demographic fusion cuisine. He's a floor wax. He's a desert topping. He’s everything you'd hoped for and whatever you need. That's the beauty of being unknown.

He's like that girl way over there at the other end of the bar -- perfect, unknown, perfectly unknown, and improved mightily by distance and pent-up desire. Mentally, you're in love and three weeks into the relationship before you even make it halfway over to meet her.

Then you notice her eyes and think, "Man, which one do I look at when I speak, because they don’t point in the same direction. And what's with the Adam's apple?" But at that point it's too late to turn around, because one of those eyes has seen you already. I think that's the way a lot of folks are going to feel about their Obamaphilia after a few months of campaigning have removed the gauze filter from his carefully blurred image.

If any of the fawning were asked to name his greatest accomplishment, could they name an accomplishment? Other than being elected to the Senate just two and a half years ago, and being simultaneously black and yet likeable to white folks, I mean.

For emphasis, let's examine a list of Obama’s major accomplishments (so far):

Simultaneously black and yet likeable to white folks
Made the initials "B.O." cool again
Good oral hygiene
That's it. He's the Wayne Brady of politics -- everything white folks had been hoping for in at least one black person, the big payoff for all that tolerance and diversity babble. That may not be the politically correct thing to say, but it is an honest assessment of exactly what pent-up desire is fueling Obamamania among his white, liberal fan base.

Obama's resume and record (even just a record of firm opinions on important issues) are so thin that I really believed that early media talk of his running for President was an affectionate nicety -- like a manager saying of a favored intern, "You'll be running this corporation before the summer's over!"

Yet here we are, just a year after such talk began, and the intern has announced that he’s putting his resume in for the position. Well, I'll alert human resources.

Allegedly, his appeal rests with his "inspiring" story. Lord knows he's told his story enough: in two books, uncounted speeches and interviews and occasionally in explanations of why the story in the books seems to differ from the facts. (Obama was telling the "literary" truth, rather than getting bogged down in the literal truth.) Come to think of it, I should add a fourth bullet point to my list of Obama's major accomplishments (so far):

4. Telling his own story

The man's Jesus and John the Baptist all rolled into one -- the messiah that foretells his own coming. But what, really, is so inspiring about his story? He is alleged to have overcome the odds -- to have succeeded in the face of oppression. But to see "black" as a synonym for "oppressed" is just a stereotype (oh, and the rationale behind affirmative action laws). And we all know that stereotypes are wrong. I keep waiting for some real tale of the adversity he’s faced and I have yet to hear it.

As far as I can tell, this is his inspiring story of success despite oppression:

He overcame the oppression of being born to a well-off middle class white woman and a Harvard Ph.D. father, then he overcame the oppression of attending private schools his entire life. His story took a dark turn toward further oppression when he was admitted to Columbia University and then -- gasp -- Harvard Law School -- where he was practically lynched into the position of President of the Law Review by an overwhelming majority. Nay, an oppressive majority. From there, his life has just been a Hell of accolade and accomplishment.

The Boston Globe this week cited as an example of his oppression that children at his private school sometimes made fun of his unusual name. Please excuse me if I don't rush off to a sit-in on his behalf. As a child named "Mac”"entering elementary school right about the time of McDonald's famous "Big Mac Attack" campaign and "Big Mac" jingle ("two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions on a sesame seed bun" as I seem to recall), and who soon learned that Mac rhymes with "Quack!" and "Whack!" I would now like to announce my candidacy for the presidency of the United States based on my inspiring story. I still can’t hear a quip about "special sauce" without thinking of the oppression of my fathers...or at least the Clinton administration. Get in line, crybaby.

The only real adversity I can find in his life is that his mother couldn’t seem to stay married to the same man for much time and his father couldn't seem to marry just one woman at a time. And, again, if having a screwed up family is a primary political asset, we'll need to form a really long line. The only thing weirder than the average family would be a normal family.

Yet the CNN.com poll question for Saturday was "Does Barack Obama's life story inspire you?" (Surprisingly, most respondents said "No." So I am not alone in my underwhelming enthusiasm for the media darling.) If stories like Barack's are inspiring, then the field is plainly crowded with inspirational tales:

Mitt Romney: An eloquent son of a former governor of Michigan. Like Barack, he overcame his privileged background to become a successful politician. Although, if it’s triumph over real adversity and prejudice that you want, consider that young Romney spent 30 months as a Mormon missionary in France! Now this is a man that has known struggle against the odds.

Joe Biden: Born to a used car salesman, he somehow found a talent for politics. He later overcame a devastating battle with congenital dihydrotestosterone-induced alopecia. Despite its ravages, Biden has bravely kept "plugging away" at politics ever since, chairing numerous televised hairings. Uh, I mean "hearings."

Tom Tancredo: Actually did come from a humble background, went to a humble school, became a public school teacher, married a public school teacher and yet went on to engineer a national political career. People don't like that story though, so let's focus on the fact that he was involved in public education and still became an unabashed conservative. Talk about overcoming oppression.

John Edwards: The son of a textile worker and a postal employee, grew up working class in rural North Carolina. He overcame this humble background to become a primping effete metrosexual millionaire trial lawyer. Perhaps picking leaders based on humble beginnings is not a foolproof system.

Dennis Kucinich: The son of an Ohio truck driver and a stay-at-home mom, Kucinich went on to overcome his obvious mental illness and the malnutrition of a vegetarian diet to become the member of Congress voted "most detached from world reality." Again, perhaps choosing leaders based on humble beginnings is not a foolproof system.

I could go on and on (and often do), but you get the idea. Barack Obama called his political aspirations "The Audacity of Hope," but really they're nothing so much as the audacity of hype.

Obama is just a human Rorschach Blot -- a figure so devoid of definition and meaning that what his devotees see in him is more an insight into them than into him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Johnson, a writer and medical researcher in Cambridge, MA., is a regular contributor to Human Events. His column generally appears on Tuesdays. Archives and additional material can be found at www.macjohnson.com.

humaneventsonline.com

Seshmeister
02-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Obama is just a human Rorschach Blot -- a figure so devoid of definition and meaning that what his devotees see in him is more an insight into them than into him.

Like most successful politicians these days...

FORD
02-13-2007, 09:41 AM

Then you notice her eyes and think, "Man, which one do I look at when I speak, because they don’t point in the same direction.

http://thedefeatists.typepad.com/apoplectic/images/michelle_malkin.jpg

And what's with the Adam's apple?"

http://www.rawilson.com/images/coulter.jpg

ULTRAMAN VH
02-13-2007, 12:20 PM
This particular entry was rather amusing, dealing with Dennis Kucinich.

Dennis Kucinich: The son of an Ohio truck driver and a stay-at-home mom, Kucinich went on to overcome his obvious mental illness and the malnutrition of a vegetarian diet to become the member of Congress voted "most detached from world reality." Again, perhaps choosing leaders based on humble beginnings is not a foolproof system.

What is more amusing is the fact that Kucinich is Ford's hero.

Nickdfresh
02-13-2007, 04:29 PM

Grate. Maybe someday you'll grow up, read stuff, and actually form opinions of your own rather than just lifting op-eds.

LoungeMachine
02-13-2007, 07:17 PM

Let us know when you actually have something of your own to offer, dipshit.

:rolleyes:

ULTRAMAN VH
02-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Okay Lounge Manure, your party of Dumbocrats are piss weak. You have a Black candidate who is not even popular among blacks. But oops, the LIBBY media keeps forgetting to tell us that his mom was white. Oh and then there is Hitlary. She is running so fast from the left to the center that even guys like Ford hate her guts. On the Right side of the fence Mitt Romney just entered the race and is my personal favorite. BUT OH NO!!!! He is one of them Mormon folk. The guy has been married for forty years unlike his competitors McCain and Guilianni who both behave like Nick's favorite "THE BIG DOG". Heaven forbid we put up a candidate who stands for family values, secure borders and smaller government. Have a nice evening, douche.

FORD
02-13-2007, 07:45 PM
God forbid we listen to someone like Dennis Kucinich and at least attempt to live in a world without needless wars and predatory capitalism.

I don't believe I've ever described him as a "hero" but I'm certainly not insulted by the reference. In any other country that calls itself a democracy, Kucinich would be considered a moderate leaning conservative.

FORD
02-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Okay Lounge Manure, your party of Dumbocrats are piss weak. You have a Black candidate who is not even popular among blacks.

Spoken like a true Ultraklansman.

But oops, the LIBBY media

Scooter has his own media now? Was that Cheney's present to him to buy his silence about ing-Outay erie-Valay ame-Play

Oh and then there is Hitlary. She is running so fast from the left to the center that even guys like Ford hate her guts.

Center of WHAT? Center of the right hand shoulder of the highway, about a foot from the ditch. The CUNT wants to bomb Iran even more than Chimpy does!!

On the Right side of the fence Mitt Romney just entered the race and is my personal favorite. BUT OH NO!!!! He is one of them Mormon folk. The guy has been married for forty years

Yes, but only to his first wife. ;)

unlike his competitors McCain and Guilianni who both behave like Nick's favorite "THE BIG DOG". Heaven forbid we put up a candidate who stands for family values, secure borders and smaller government. Have a nice evening, douche.

The religious reich controls YOUR party. They'll never nominate a Mormon, or a pro-choice gay friendly Catholic from New York City. And if they wanted to nominate McCain, they should have done so in 2000 when he clearly WAS the most qualified Republican in the running. I don't see any of those three getting the nomination.

Guitar Shark
02-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Okay Lounge Manure, your party of Dumbocrats are piss weak. You have a Black candidate who is not even popular among blacks. But oops, the LIBBY media keeps forgetting to tell us that his mom was white. Oh and then there is Hitlary. She is running so fast from the left to the center that even guys like Ford hate her guts. On the Right side of the fence Mitt Romney just entered the race and is my personal favorite. BUT OH NO!!!! He is one of them Mormon folk. The guy has been married for forty years unlike his competitors McCain and Guilianni who both behave like Nick's favorite "THE BIG DOG". Heaven forbid we put up a candidate who stands for family values, secure borders and smaller government. Have a nice evening, douche.

Are you really 39 or was that a joke?

Nickdfresh
02-13-2007, 08:01 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/Celebrity_Jeopardy_-_Jap_Anus_Relations.png

"I'll take moronic partisan cliches' from ill informed, out of touch buffoons for $5000, Alex."

hideyoursheep
02-13-2007, 08:05 PM

And your ignorant ass buy's that shit every 4 fuckin' years.
WE NEED A PRESIDENT! Not a goddam spokesman for the Moral majority!
The LIBBY MEDIA? I guess it's not important to the fuckheads that blindly follow the party line and vote these criminals in that they are just as responsible for putting them there.Yeah,I'd wanna pair of earplugs too if I found out my beloved freedom fightin' president, who rewards incompetence and denies failures,either isn't REALLY President, or is in on the WORST case of Democratic sodomy the White House has ever seen.
Tell me-what's it called when you "out" a CIA operative in order to discredit her husband's contradictory intel?
And what's it called again when you tell the world,"whoever is responsible will no longer work in the White House"? then try to blame the FUCKING MEDIA?!?!?
And what's it called when all this is done for the VP's "former employer"?
Dumbocrats, my ass!
"OOhhh!! Clinton got a blowjob!"
Neo-Cunt, Please!!!:mad:

hideyoursheep
02-13-2007, 08:15 PM
You have a Black candidate who is not even popular among blacks. But oops, the LIBBY media keeps forgetting to tell us that his mom was white. Oh and then there is Hitlary....

If you would lay off the moonshine you might notice the female underneath you is yer sister, Billy Ray.:D

Seshmeister
02-13-2007, 08:17 PM
On the Right side of the fence Mitt Romney just entered the race and is my personal favorite. BUT OH NO!!!! He is one of them Mormon folk.

I wouldn't vote for someone tha believed in Mormonism and(look out for the clue) the moroni to be the local town dog catcher.:)

Without even scratching the surface of the stupidity of the 'religion'...

SMITH'S NEW RELIGION
Smith got his new religion going by writing a book known as The Book of Mormon. The book was much too dull to make it as a novel -- Mark Twain called the book "chloroform in print" -- so it was marketed as a new bible. Having quite a flair for publicity, Smith pretended to have translated The Book of Mormon from a pile of gold plates dug out of a glacial hill in upstate New York -- with the help of a resurrected man, no less!

ABOUT THE BOOK OF MORMON
The book purports to tell of lost tribes of Israelites and others floating to South America, some in giant barrels, others in a boat. Arriving in America, they all turned into Indians, built cities, fought wars, received a visit from Jesus Christ after he couldn't make a go of it in Palestine, and finally killed each other off in A.D. 421. Shortly before the fatal fight -- a colossal battle allegedly waged at Hill Cumorah, near Palmyra, New York -- a person appropriately name Moroni buried the plates for Smith to find.

Some day I will devote an entire column to The Book of Mormon. Here it must suffice to recount an amusing anecdote concerning the birth of the book.

THE "SEER STONE"
When young Smith claimed he had a magic "seer stone," a stone with which he could see inside hills and beneath the surface of the ground to inspect for buried treasurers and enchantments. The seer stone became transformed into the biblical "urim and thummin" with which he later claimed he could "translate" any language -- including "reformed Egyptian," the imaginary language in which his Jewish Indians supposedly had written their history. A locked box held what Smith claimed to be the gold plates bearing this reformed Egyptian Chaldee Jewish American Indian history.

TRANSLATING THE BOOK OF MORMON
Sitting in one-half of a room divided into two sections by means of a blanket hung from a rope, Smith would pretend to be translating aloud from the plates and would dictate The Book of Mormon to his secretary Martin Harris. Harris sat on the other side of the blanket, afraid to peek at the plates for fear he would be stricken with the plague, and the scab, and hemorrhoids, and the botch of Egypt. After many days of such inventive labor, 116 pages of manuscript had been written -- all of it supposedly translated by divine guidance by means of the magical seer stone.

DISASTER STRUCK
And it came to pass...disaster struck! Martin Harris' wife, Lucy, stole the manuscripture and taunted her gullible husband, "If this be a divine communication, the same being who revealed it to you can easily replace it."

The impostor Smith was trapped. He knew it was impossible for him to reproduce the story exactly, although he should have been able to do so if there had indeed been divine guidance. To redictate it would be to invite disasterous comparison. At this point, surely, a lesser man would have given up the job of bible-writing and have become a used-mule salesman or a whortleberry farmer. But not Joe Smith -- no sir! He went right back to work and dictated The Book of Mormon.

SMITH AVOIDED BEING CAUGHT
How did he get away with it? How did he avoid being checkmated by Lucy Harris' threat to compare the new inspiration with the old one? Very simple. He added a preface to the first edition of the book. The preface claimed that the 116 pages had been translated from supposed Plates of Lehi and that the devil had caused the translation to be stolen and altered from what Smith had "translated." So that even if Smith were to produce a new translation word-for-word identical with the first, it nevertheless would appear to differ from the stolen pages because of the changes which had been made in the latter by the cunning of the devil. Therefore, god had changed the writing assignment so that The Book of Mormon no longer is a translation of The Plates of Lehi!

God's exact words, according to the preface, were: "I will not suffer that Satan shall accomplish his evil design in this thing. Therefore thou shalt translate from the plates of Nephi."

As you can see, this god was still speaking King James' English even though it was now the year 1828. The preface did the trick, however, and Lucy Harris was neutralized.

SMITH WROTE OTHER SCRIPTURES
Encouraged by the success of his first bible, Joseph Smith proceeded to write other "scriptures." One of these is known as The Book of Abraham and is published today as part of a volume known as The Pearl of Great Price.

THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM
Unlike The Book of Mormon, which merely dull or silly, depending upon how much coffee one has been drinking, The Book of Abraham has a rather unpleasant side. Until recent years, it was used to justify the racist policies of the Mormon church. Blacks formerly were not allowed to hold the "priesthood." Since almost all postpubertal Mormon males are priests and since Mormon women can't amount to anything unless they marry a man who does hold the priesthood, this dogma effectively kept Blacks out of the "white and delightsome" Church of Jesus of Latter-Day Saints.

The offensive passages are to be found in Chapter I, verses 20-27. Verse 24 ends with a reference to the biblical "curse of Ham": "From Ham sprang that race which preserved the curse in the land."

Verses 26-7, referring to Pharaoh (whom Smith supposed to be a Negro), say that Noah "cursed him (Ham and his descendants) as pertaining to the priesthood. No Pharaoh being of that lineage by which he could have the right of priesthood," and so on.

LoungeMachine
02-13-2007, 08:24 PM

Congratulations Ultraspam. You managed to do what I asked again.

You managed to post YOUR OWN THOUGHTS. Not some op-ed from the RHETORIC you're spoon fed daily.

And what a post it was !!!

I can honestly say, and anyone in here may correct me if I'm wrong....

YOU have posted the most ignorantly funny parapraph in FL history.

[ We're only counting those over 30, as many stupid teenagers in here have posted something just as ignorant as you have.]

That was well worth the wait.

Hoo-Boy :D

Your parents must be so proud. Why don't you go on upstairs and give 'em a hug. :cool:

LoungeMachine
02-13-2007, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't vote for someone tha believed in Mormonism and(look out for the clue) the moroni to be the local town dog catcher.:)

Without even scratching the surface of the stupidity of the 'religion'...

It's not any further of a stretch to reality than Christianity.

FORD
02-14-2007, 01:10 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qldRTI7D9wI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qldRTI7D9wI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ODShowtime
02-14-2007, 07:50 AM

"family values"?

What a crock of fuckin bullshit. They have you hook, line, and sinker.

ULTRAMAN VH
02-14-2007, 10:15 AM
I love the way you libbys jump right on the race wagon and the Bush hate machine when someone questions the Dems. I think I have made it real clear that I and other conservatives are really disapointed in the current administration. With that said, it does not change how pathetically weak your party is. Your media created super hero, Obama has some learning to do before he runs an entire country. At this point it really matters not who is president. Our politicians on both sides of the fence have sold the country right out from under us. I recommend some Chinese language classes at your local community college.
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
And your ignorant ass buy's that shit every 4 fuckin' years.
WE NEED A PRESIDENT! Not a goddam spokesman for the Moral majority!
The LIBBY MEDIA? I guess it's not important to the fuckheads that blindly follow the party line and vote these criminals in that they are just as responsible for putting them there.Yeah,I'd wanna pair of earplugs too if I found out my beloved freedom fightin' president, who rewards incompetence and denies failures,either isn't REALLY President, or is in on the WORST case of Democratic sodomy the White House has ever seen.
Tell me-what's it called when you "out" a CIA operative in order to discredit her husband's contradictory intel?
And what's it called again when you tell the world,"whoever is responsible will no longer work in the White House"? then try to blame the FUCKING MEDIA?!?!?
And what's it called when all this is done for the VP's "former employer"?
Dumbocrats, my ass!
"OOhhh!! Clinton got a blowjob!"
Neo-Cunt, Please!!!:mad:

Gee whiz sheep lover, I guess it really is no different than that fella running down the street with highly classified terrorism documents bolging out of his fruit of the looms, trying to protect the Big Dog. What was his name again?? OH YES, Sandy Berger. What really pisses me off is that the Republicans let him slide and cut some kind of a deal. The list for scandal on the Dumbocrats is long and distinguished, Sheeplicker.

hideyoursheep
02-14-2007, 06:34 PM
I love the way you libbys jump right on the race wagon and the Bush hate machine when someone questions the Dems.
You hitched you pony to that wagon with your post,Uberdork.Go and read it again...

Your media created super hero, Obama has some learning to do before he runs an entire country.

Gee whiz sheep lover, I guess it really is no different than that fella running down the street with highly classified terrorism documents bolging out of his fruit of the looms, trying to protect the Big Dog. What was his name again?? OH YES, Sandy Berger. What really pisses me off is that the Republicans let him slide and cut some kind of a deal. The list for scandal on the Dumbocrats is long and distinguished, Sheeplicker. [/B][/QUOTE]

:lol:Sit down,Ultradummy, this is gonna take awhile.
MY media created superhero? I, unlike you, am not preprogrammed to think someone is "weak" or what's that word you retards like to throw around at individuals? Oh yeah, "liberals"-fucking funny you don't evern know what it means or if it even applies to me. Now a "sheep lover" would be that dumb motherfucker that "votes the bible".I like my politics and religion seperate, thanks anyway.
I also find it amusing that YOU could determine who is or isn't qualified to run an entire country.Do I really need to go into how no conservative is obviously able to tell? And not just once, but TWICE!
that deaf, dumb, and blind bunch- sure run a mean campaign
IF Berger is guilty of a crime, how could it be up to the Neo-Cunts to cut a deal? UNLESS they have something to hide....or maybe it's another "fact" pulled directly from Limpbaugh's ass.
And how do you defend an administration that ignored every warning given to them?Clarke worked for every president since your idol Reagan(who himself isn't without questionable ethics)but suddenly wasn't good enough for BushCo.What does the George do when confronted with the truth? Start a smear campaign to discredit him.DEJA-VU?!:eek:
You were suckered in 2000, '04, and will be suckered again! So long as it's a Republican scumbag in there fucking up, it's all good,huh?
Makes no sense to a real American. That would be myself,and anyone else capable of forming an opinion based on truth rather than the talk-radio reprogramming that has obviously impaired your thought process.
Who's the sheep again? :rofl:

DrMaddVibe
02-14-2007, 08:53 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YjIfaMwIFxU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YjIfaMwIFxU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

hideyoursheep
02-14-2007, 09:21 PM
That IS funny stuff.:lol:

Now post the one where Dubyah finds Jeesus at an NA meeting.

ODShowtime
02-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep

Makes no sense to a real American. That would be myself,and anyone else capable of forming an opinion based on truth rather than the talk-radio reprogramming that has obviously impaired your thought process.
Who's the sheep again? :rofl:

nice

it's five star time for you dude

hideyoursheep
02-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
nice

it's five star time for you dude

I'm not worthy...:cato2:

It's the same repetitive acid-spit with those Neo-Crackers.:rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
02-19-2007, 02:09 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-obama19feb19,0,2525202,full.story?coll=la-home-nation

Obama memoir left out credits for activism, critics say
The senator and presidential hopeful's account of his work at a Chicago housing project leaves out others' work on asbestos removal, organizers charge.
By Peter Wallsten
Times Staff Writer

February 19, 2007

CHICAGO Ñ The drama began with a tiny ad in a local newspaper Ñ a notice that asbestos was about to be removed from the management office at Altgeld Gardens, the all-black public housing complex where young Barack Obama worked as a community organizer.

"You think it's in our apartments?" a worried mother asked.

"I don't know," Obama replied. "But we can find out."

What followed, Obama says in a memoir, was a life-altering experience, an early taste of his ability to motivate the powerless and work the levers of government. As the 24-year-old mentor to public housing residents, Obama says he initiated and led efforts that thrust Altgeld's asbestos problem into the headlines, pushing city officials to call hearings and a reluctant housing authority to start a cleanup.

But others tell the story much differently.

They say Obama did not play the singular role in the asbestos episode that he portrays in the best-selling memoir "Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance." Credit for pushing officials to deal with the cancer-causing substance, according to interviews and news accounts from that period, also goes to a well-known preexisting group at Altgeld Gardens and to a local newspaper called the Chicago Reporter. Obama does not mention either one in his book.

"Just because someone writes it doesn't make it true," said longtime Altgeld resident Hazel Johnson, who worked with Obama on the asbestos campaign and had been pushing for a variety of environmental cleanups years before he arrived.

U.S. Rep. Bobby L. Rush (D-Ill.) said it was Johnson's work, as well as asbestos testing conducted by the Chicago Reporter, that sparked the interest of Chicago officials and prompted Rush, who at the time was a City Council member, to launch an inquiry. Though he has not read Obama's memoir, Rush, who has been a political rival of Obama in recent years, said Johnson's role was so prominent that he was "offended" by anyone telling the Altgeld story without including her.

"Was [Obama] involved in stuff? Absolutely," said Robert Ginsburg, an activist who worked in Altgeld with Johnson and Obama. "But there was stuff happening before him, and after him."

No one disputes that Obama was active in organizing Altgeld residents. Several who worked directly with him say he was the most effective organizer they had seen Ñ a surprise, given his youth. "He was our motivator," said Callie Smith, now 50. "We did all the work, but he was our inspiration."

The varying accounts of what occurred 20 years ago are noteworthy because Obama, now a freshman U.S. senator, has begun a campaign for the White House after three years on the national stage.

Beyond Illinois, where Obama was a state legislator, much of what the public knows about the Chicago Democrat comes from his two best-selling books. On the campaign trail, he has said that through the books he has revealed more of himself to the public than has any other candidate. They provide "insights into how I think and how I feel about the issues facing America," he told reporters this month, according to an account in the Wall Street Journal. Many people at his rallies bring copies.

But "Dreams From My Father," the first of Obama's books, is not a historical account. In it, Obama uses literary techniques that are rarely found in political memoirs.

Dialogue in the memoir is an "approximation of what was actually said or relayed to me," Obama wrote in its introduction. For the sake of compression, he wrote, some characters are "composites of people I've known, and some events appear out of precise chronology." Most names in the book were changed for the sake of privacy, he wrote.

And though most memoirs place their authors at the center of events, critics of "Dreams From My Father" say the book unfairly omits others responsible for the successes of the asbestos campaign, an event that Obama portrays as central to his maturation as a political leader. For example, Johnson is not mentioned, and no character in the book appears to resemble her, even though she was already a prominent Altgeld activist and her presence in the anti-asbestos effort is confirmed by interviews and news accounts at the time.

An Obama spokesman said the memoir was never intended to be a complete account of Altgeld nor to portray Obama as a hero, but merely was the recollections of one activist. Published in 1994 and re-released in 2004, the book primarily tracks Obama's journey to racial identity as the child of a black Kenyan father and a white Kansan mother.

"This is making a mountain out of flat land," said Robert Gibbs, the Obama spokesman, referring to inquiries from The Times. "The book isn't a history of social efforts to help the area. It was about what he was involved in."

Built in the 1940s to house black industrial workers, Altgeld Gardens has long been called a "toxic doughnut." The community is surrounded by a massive landfill, a paint factory, an odor-emitting sewage plant and the polluted Calumet River.

Obama arrived at Altgeld soon after graduating from Columbia University in 1983. He had taken a job with a small group called the Developing Communities Project, which aimed to help people who were struggling after plant closures and other economic troubles.

Obama and his group helped persuade the city to open a job center. Working with parents at a local school, he tried to improve basic services at the housing project: repairing the toilets, the windows, the heating system.

Then, he writes, the asbestos threat appeared.

According to the memoir, Obama's group was tipped off to the problem when a woman, "Sadie," noticed a classified ad soliciting bids to remove asbestos from the Altgeld management office.

"I don't know if it means anything," says Sadie in the book, "but I wanted to see what you thought."

Obama encourages the group to ask the on-site manager about the asbestos. But they are fearful of confronting authority, Obama writes, and unsure how to respond when their first inquiry produces no answers.

"What do we do now?" Obama quotes one parent as asking.

"We go downtown," Obama answers. "If they won't come to us, we'll go to them."

Obama then guides the group Ñ which he says one person dubbed Obama's Army Ñ through two dramatic, confrontational meetings with housing officials in 1986. The meetings drew news coverage and produced results, his memoir says.

In the first meeting, at Chicago Housing Authority headquarters downtown, Obama's group secured a promise of immediate asbestos testing at Altgeld and prompted aldermen to call hearings.

The second meeting was a chaotic event in which 500 Altgeld residents ran Chicago's top housing official off the grounds. But it produced "a victory of sorts," Obama writes, as workers in "moon-suits" soon appeared and started sealing asbestos.

In the book, Obama writes that his success in motivating the residents still inspires him. "I changed as a result of that bus trip, in a fundamental way," he writes of confronting the housing officials downtown.

"That bus ride kept me going, I think. Maybe it still does."

Even as he campaigns for the White House, Obama speaks about his time in Altgeld. His first television interview after announcing his candidacy this month, on CBS' "60 Minutes," featured Obama leading a driving tour through the housing project.

But other forces Ñ unacknowledged in Obama's book, but receiving public attention at the time Ñ were at work in the asbestos story.

At the same time Altgeld tenants were asking their questions, the respected Chicago Reporter published an expose of asbestos problems in a different housing project. It also asserted that heating pipes at other Chicago projects had similar asbestos insulation.

The Reporter's investigation was cited repeatedly on television and in local newspapers, and the Chicago Sun-Times credited it with bringing the asbestos problem to light.

"That article stirred me, and it stirred many others," said Rush, the former alderman, who said he initiated a City Council inquiry into asbestos because of the Chicago Reporter story. (Rush, a long-serving congressman, has endorsed Obama's presidential campaign, though he faced a primary election challenge from Obama in 2000.)

Obama's Altgeld Gardens account also omits the work of Johnson.

She was already widely known for her pioneering work in pushing officials to investigate environmental hazards at local industrial sites. Spurred by her husband's premature death from lung cancer, Johnson had begun documenting the health complaints of Altgeld residents in the late 1970s. Johnson formed a group called People for Community Recovery and tried to cajole scientists to study possible links between the ailments that residents reported to her and the harmful substances around their community.

One of those scientists, Regnal Jones, visited Johnson in the early 1980s and recalls sitting in her kitchen as she laid out hundreds of index cards listing the illnesses throughout Altgeld. He said he was "blown away" by Johnson's survey.

During that visit, Jones said, he inspected Johnson's apartment and concluded that her heating pipes were insulated with asbestos.

From that point on, Johnson says, she included asbestos in her complaints to government officials.

As Obama became involved in the asbestos issue, Johnson was among those who worked with him.

In interviews, she said she helped plan the Altgeld tenants' confrontational trip to the Chicago Housing Authority, meeting occasionally with Obama in her living room.

Press accounts show that she was part of the protest.

Today, Johnson is particularly disturbed that Obama's memoir portrayed the tenants as meek and confused, highlighting one parent who was illiterate. Johnson had been quoted on many occasions in the press by the time she met Obama. She had persuaded city officials to request the tests that found hazardous materials in local drinking water.

"Why would he paint us as so pathetic?" asked Cheryl Johnson, Hazel's daughter, who now runs the Altgeld group founded by her mother, who is 72. "Isn't a memoir supposed to be accurate?"

Said Jones, who was working for the city's health department at the time: "There's no way that you could have done anything out there without knowing that this little old lady had been in Altgeld forever."

Another Chicago community organizer said he had no quarrel with the license that Obama took in his memoir. "If you were writing your movie, I'm sure you'd be the star," said Salim Al Nurridin.

"It's his movie."

peter.wallsten@latimes.com

hideyoursheep
02-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Yes, from out of virtually nowhere come the Obama "swift boat" memoirs.

I bet Cheney would swear on a stack of satanic bibles asbestos was harmless.

The question has been raised towards his "inexperience" and some possible illegal drug use in the past....

Sounds alot like some other guy.................

Repukes hate to talk about that shit when it relates to the George.

LoungeMachine
02-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Halliburton Pays Dearly but Finally Escapes Cheney's Asbestos Mess

By Allan Sloan
Tuesday, January 11, 2005; Page E03

It's time for yet another Halliburton story -- but not the one you may be expecting. This isn't about the endlessly scrutinized Iraq contracting business of the big energy services company that Dick Cheney ran before he became vice president. And it's not about Halliburton's profit-boosting accounting change during Cheney's regime, or the scandals and problems currently affecting some of the firm's far-flung projects.

Instead, let's talk about Halliburton's well-executed $5 billion escape from its asbestos problems, most of which Cheney created when he orchestrated Halliburton's purchase of Dresser Industries in 1998. Few people connect this problem with Cheney, but they should, given that he was in charge at the time and got a raise as a result of buying Dresser.
Dresser's asbestos problem was only a potential one when Halliburton bought it, but rapidly metastasized into a threat to Halliburton's existence. By then, though, Cheney had gone off to Washington.

Had he still been Halliburton's chief executive, Wall Street might have forced him to take responsibility for the asbestos problem he imported to his company. But because he wasn't around -- and because his successor, Dave Lesar, was a stand-up guy -- Cheney has largely escaped scrutiny for this fiasco.

Now that Halliburton has managed to extract itself from its asbestos liability by paying a ton of cash and stock to trusts that will compensate victims and their lawyers, we can get a handle on how much Dresser's piece of the problem cost Halliburton. It turns out to be almost as much as Halliburton paid for the company.

While Halliburton's all-stock takeover of Dresser was valued at $7.7 billion when it was announced in February 1998, it was worth only $5.3 billion when it was completed seven months later. The bankruptcy settlement is costing Halliburton just about that much: around $2.8 billion in cash, Halliburton stock with a market value of $2.3 billion the day before Dresser's bankruptcy was resolved and miscellaneous odds and ends and potential payments.

The bankruptcy resolution, which became final on Jan. 3, covered both the Dresser problems and the smaller asbestos problems that Halliburton already had.

Halliburton hasn't said how much each set of liabilities cost, but Dresser is clearly way more than half. How do I know that? Because a Halliburton bankruptcy filing discloses that "historical Dresser" accounts for about two-thirds of the claims, and the filing also shows that claims from Dresser's business average from 2.5 to five times as much as equivalent claims from Halliburton's businesses.

Do the math, and at least five-sixths -- 83 percent -- of the claims costs are from Dresser. So let's attribute 85 percent of the costs to Dresser. That seems reasonable, if not conservative.

That works out to around $4.3 billion. That doesn't include what Dresser-related claims cost Halliburton between the purchase in 1998 and the Chapter 11 filing in 2002 by Dresser and other Halliburton subsidiaries. It doesn't include offsets for possible insurance payments, either, but I don't know how to value those.

I give Halliburton's current management huge credit for pulling off this tricky maneuver. And I give them big credit for dealing with the problem rather than awaiting a miracle rescue from Congress. Almost from the day it took office, the Bush administration has pushed hard to get Congress to limit asbestos liability. That includes President Bush's visit to Illinois last week to push his "reform" proposals.

Halliburton, whose fortunes are tied to the oil industry, has profited from the surge in oil prices. Even though its stock has quadrupled from its asbestos-woe low, it's still below what it was when Cheney left in the summer of 2000. Imagine what Halliburton shares would fetch today had the Dresser problems never happened. Much more than it currently sells for, I'm sure.

A Cheney spokesman said the vice president wouldn't comment about Halliburton, and referred all queries to the company.

Halliburton, which is understandably eager to put the whole asbestos mess behind it, wouldn't discuss Cheney's role or how much Dresser's asbestos problems have cost it. "We are certainly glad to close the asbestos chapter in Halliburton's history," said company spokesman Wendy Hall. "We are focused on moving forward in 2005, not backwards."

Even if it had been a non-celebrity CEO who messed up big-time with Dresser, this would still be a tale worth telling. That's because this deal shows that when you analyze a transaction, you have to look long-term as well as short-term.

As Cheney's Dresser misadventure shows, today's triumphant deal champ can be tomorrow's chump.

Sloan is Newsweek's Wall Street editor. His e-mail address is sloan@panix.com.

LoungeMachine
02-19-2007, 07:02 PM

Instead, let's talk about Halliburton's well-executed $5 billion escape from its asbestos problems, most of which Cheney created when he orchestrated Halliburton's purchase of Dresser Industries in 1998. Few people connect this problem with Cheney, but they should, given that he was in charge at the time and got a raise as a result of buying Dresser.
Dresser's asbestos problem was only a potential one when Halliburton bought it, but rapidly metastasized into a threat to Halliburton's existence. By then, though, Cheney had gone off to Washington.

LoungeMachine
02-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Eat that. MsASSPipe

:rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
That AARP discount kick in for those glasses yet?

LoungeMachine
02-19-2007, 08:30 PM
That AARP discount kick in for those glasses yet?

Not for another 10 years.

Your wife seeing any results from Jennie Craig yet?

DrMaddVibe
02-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Not for another 10 years.

Your wife seeing any results from Jennie Craig yet?

You're 40...again?

You obviously need some glasses after your text enlargement issues, did you think that I didn't read that in the article or something?

Also, leave my wife out of your attacks against me. You don't even know her and that's obvious!