View Full Version : Invasion Usa

ULTRAMAN VH
01-17-2007, 08:17 AM
INVASION USA
2 Border Patrol agents
face 20 years in prison
Officers prosecuted – wounded drug trafficker
given full immunity in exchange for testimony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 7, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

When Border Patrol Agent Ignacio Ramos pulled the trigger last February, all he knew was that his partner was lying on the ground behind him – bloodied from a struggle with a fleeing suspect – shots had been fired and now, it appeared, the drug smuggler he was pursuing had turned toward him with what looked to be a gun in his hand.

In the split-second he had to respond, Ramos determined the course of his and his partner's lives – federal prison for the next 20 years for assault with serious bodily injury, assault with a deadly weapon, discharging of a firearm in relation to a crime of violence, violating civil rights and obstruction of justice.

Ramos, 37, is an eight-year veteran of the U.S. Naval Reserve and a former nominee for Border Patrol Agent of the Year.

Agent Jose Alonso Compean. Courtesy of KFOX-TV

On February 17, he responded to a request for back up from agent Jose Alonso Compean, 28, who noticed a suspicious van near the levee road along the Rio Grande River near the Texas town of Fabens, about 40 miles east of El Paso.

Ramos, who headed toward Fabens hoping to cut off the van, soon joined a third agent already in pursuit.

Behind the wheel of the van was an illegal alien, Osbaldo Aldrete-Davila of Mexico. Unknown to the growing number of Border Patrol agents converging on Fabens, Aldrete-Davila's van was carrying 800 pounds of marijuana.

Unable to outrun Ramos and the third agent, Aldrete-Davila stopped the van on the levee, jumped out and started running toward the river. When he reached the other side of the levee, he was met by Compean who had anticipated the smuggler's attempt to get back to Mexico.

"We both yelled out for him to stop, but he wouldn't stop, and he just kept running," Ramos told California's Inland Valley Daily Bulletin. Aldrete-Davila crossed a canal.

"At some point during the time where I'm crossing the canal, I hear shots being fired," Ramos said. "Later, I see Compean on the ground, but I keep running after the smuggler."

At that point, Ramos said, Aldrete-Davila turned toward him, pointing what looked like a gun.

"I shot," Ramos said. "But I didn't think he was hit, because he kept running into the brush and then disappeared into it. Later, we all watched as he jumped into a van waiting for him. He seemed fine. It didn't look like he had been hit at all."

The commotion and multiple calls for back up had brought seven other agents – including two supervisors – to the crossing by this time. Compean picked up his shell casings, but Ramos did not. He also did not follow agency procedure and report that he had fired his weapon.

"The supervisors knew that shots were fired," Ramos told the paper. "Since nobody was injured or hurt, we didn't file the report. That's the only thing I would've done different."

Had he done that one thing differently, it's unlikely it would have mattered to prosecutors.

Over two weeks after the incident, Christopher Sanchez, an investigator with the Department of Homeland Security's Office of Inspector General, received a call from a Border Patrol agent in Wilcox, Ariz. The agent's mother-in-law had received a call from Aldrete-Davila's mother in Mexico telling her that her son had been wounded in the buttocks in the shooting.

Sanchez followed up with a call of his own to the smuggler in Mexico.

In a move that still confuses Ramos and Compean, the U.S. government filed charges against them after giving full immunity to Aldrete-Davila and paying for his medical treatment at an El Paso hospital.

At trial, Assistant U.S. Attorney Debra Kanof told the court that the agents had violated an unarmed Aldrete-Davila's civil rights.

"The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled it is a violation of someone's Fourth Amendment rights to shoot them in the back while fleeing if you don't know who they are and/or if you don't know they have a weapon," said Kanof.

Kanof dismissed Ramos' testimony that he had seen something shiny in the smuggler's hand, saying that the agent couldn't be sure it was a gun he had seen.

Further, Kanof argued, it was a violation of Border Patrol policy for agents to pursue fleeing suspects.

"Agents are not allowed to pursue. In order to exceed the speed limit, you have to get supervisor approval, and they did not," she told the Daily Bulletin.

Those shell casings Compean picked up were described to the jury as destroying the crime scene and their failure to file an incident report – punishable by a five-day suspension, according to Border Patrol regulations – an attempted cover up.

The Texas jury came back with a guilty verdict. Conviction for discharging a firearm in relation to a crime of violence has an automatic 10-year sentence. The other counts have varying punishments. Ramos and Compean will be sentenced next month.

"How are we supposed to follow the Border Patrol strategy of apprehending terrorists or drug smugglers if we are not supposed to pursue fleeing people?" said Ramos, who noted that he only did on that day what he had done for the previous 10 years. "Everybody who's breaking the law flees from us. What are we supposed to do? Do they want us to catch them or not?"

He also noted that none of the other agents who had responded to the incident filed reports that shots were fired and, besides, both supervisors at the scene knew they had discharged their weapons.

"You need to tell a supervisor because you can't assume that a supervisor knows about it," Kanof countered. "You have to report any discharge of a firearm."

"This is the greatest miscarriage of justice I have ever seen," said Andy Ramirez of the nonprofit group Friends of the Border Patrol. "This drug smuggler has fully contributed to the destruction of two brave agents and their families and has sent a very loud message to the other Border Patrol agents: If you confront a smuggler, this is what will happen to you."

The El Paso Sheriff's Department has increased its patrols around the Ramos home. The family is receiving threats from people they believe are associated with Aldrete-Davila.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.worldnetdaily.com

ULTRAMAN VH
01-17-2007, 08:31 AM
What is pathetic, is our President just recently gave pardons to 5 drug dealers and he won't pardon two Border Agents who were defending our borders from known drug smugglers. Sad, truly sad. These agents were to report to Federal Prison today.

LoungeMachine
01-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Your president, not OURS

By the way, what has YOUR president's party done to secure our borders in the 6 years you've been in power?

I'll wait while you scramble for a cut n paste.....

DrMaddVibe
01-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Your president, not OURS

By the way, what has YOUR president's party done to secure our borders in the 6 years you've been in power?

I'll wait while you scramble for a cut n paste.....

He's your President, just like Clinton and Carter were mine before. Doesn't mean you have to like it. You do have to deal with the reality though and understand that you mean nothing to the entire political process.

LoungeMachine
01-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
He's your President, just like Clinton and Carter were mine before. Doesn't mean you have to like it. You do have to deal with the reality though and understand that you mean nothing to the entire political process.

I volunteered and campaigned for Clinton in 91-92.

I attend more more local political forums than you'd imagine.

And there is a difference between your pResident, and Clinton , Carter.

THE 2000 ELECTION WAS STOLEN BY THE SUPREME COURT.

I agree with your stance that my limited involvement has NO impact on national politics, but my vote counts as much as your's.

And I'm still waiting for you to actually tell us why you support this new "strategy", and this Iraqi "government"

Can't you tell we've been duped?

They're using us to support their civil war by paying and protecting them while they wipe out their enemies. Not our enemies, their's.

So give it a shot. I promise not to insult you on your opinion.

TELL US ALL WHY YOU SUPPORT THIS ESCALATION, AND WHY IT'S NOT GOING TO JUST COST US MORE LIVES.

I honestly can't wait to hear it.....

LoungeMachine
01-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Also, on topic...

What has the Republican Party accomplished in the last 6 years on Border Security that makes you so proud?

LoungeMachine
01-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Typical UltraDOUCHE....

CutnPaste and Run

fucking mindless sheep.

ULTRAMAN VH
01-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Also, on topic...

What has the Republican Party accomplished in the last 6 years on Border Security that makes you so proud?

Absolutely nothing!!! Are you happy now Lounge Queef!!! Problem is, Nancy and the rest of her Dumbocrats are not going to do a damn thing about the borders either.

LoungeMachine
01-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Absolutely nothing!!! Are you happy now Lounge Queef!!! Problem is, Nancy and the rest of her Dumbocrats are not going to do a damn thing about the borders either.

How do you know this?

:rolleyes:

Hypocrites.

You bitch, piss, and moan in here that the Dems have nothing positive to offer but defeatisms, yet listen to yourself.

Fucking hypocrite:rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
01-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Hypocrites?

Yet in this bizarro world of yours Bush isn't the President of the United States.

Who's sitting behind the desk in the White House? Not Algore or JOhnKErry.

Get over it. You don't have to like the guy, but you should respect the office. Not being able to is a problem on YOUR part.

knuckleboner
01-17-2007, 03:48 PM

THE 2000 ELECTION WAS STOLEN BY THE SUPREME COURT.

uh...that's definitely a matter of opinion. (though i think it's important that while they disagreed with the ruling, none of the minority opinion in the case thought it was horrific law...)

as for the border patrol agents: sorry. but this really isn't about border security. it's about the use of deadly force. period. the "victim's" origin and actions are immaterial. the question is, what it proper for the border patrol agent to fire his weapon? (and subsequently fail to file a report?...)

being a law enforcement agent is highly difficult. it's a stressful, dangerous task. they're required to make split-second decisions and should not always be prosecuted for every one.

but apparently these guys got their day in court. and they didn't adequately explain their actions. they acknowledge they shot a guy who may or may not have had a weapon. and they acknowledge that they did not report it afterwards. sounds like there may be something there.

FORD
01-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
uh...that's definitely a matter of opinion. (though i think it's important that while they disagreed with the ruling, none of the minority opinion in the case thought it was horrific law...)

I would have to say Justice Stevens did.

" What must underlie petitioners' entire federal assault on the Florida election procedures is an unstated lack of confidence in the impartiality and capacity of the state judges who would make the critical decisions if the vote count were to proceed. Otherwise, their position is wholly without merit. The endorsement of that position by the majority of this Court can only lend credence to the most cynical appraisal of the work of judges throughout the land. It is confidence in the men and women who administer the judicial system that is the true backbone of the rule of law. Time will one day heal the wound to that confidence that will be inflicted by today's decision. One thing, however, is certain. Although we may never know with complete certainty the identity of the winner of this year's Presidential election, the identity of the loser is perfectly clear. It is the Nation's confidence in the judge as an impartial guardian of the rule of law.

I respectfully dissent. "

DrMaddVibe
01-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Time hasn't done a thing for you either!

FORD
01-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Maybe it will, once these bastards are out of office. One way or the other. Sooner rather than later.

knuckleboner
01-17-2007, 04:17 PM
true, but i don't think that he would say that the election was stolen. he believes the majority did not interpert the law correctly.

dissenting due to a belief that the majority did not properly apply the law in a complex issue is different than claiming an actual, malicious perversion of the judicial system.

Guitar Shark
Originally posted by FORD
I would have to say Justice Stevens did.

" What must underlie petitioners' entire federal assault on the Florida election procedures is an unstated lack of confidence in the impartiality and capacity of the state judges who would make the critical decisions if the vote count were to proceed. Otherwise, their position is wholly without merit. The endorsement of that position by the majority of this Court can only lend credence to the most cynical appraisal of the work of judges throughout the land. It is confidence in the men and women who administer the judicial system that is the true backbone of the rule of law. Time will one day heal the wound to that confidence that will be inflicted by today's decision. One thing, however, is certain. Although we may never know with complete certainty the identity of the winner of this year's Presidential election, the identity of the loser is perfectly clear. It is the Nation's confidence in the judge as an impartial guardian of the rule of law.

I respectfully dissent. "

Stevens was nominated by President Ford, and is therefore BCE.

Deny at your own peril.

knuckleboner
damn, i believe this was my FIRST double post...

FORD
01-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Stevens was nominated by President Ford, and is therefore BCE.

Deny at your own peril.

Ford nominated Stevens because he was considered a mainstream conservative.

What does THAT tell you about how far this country has been dragged to the right wing extreme?

DrMaddVibe
01-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Maybe it will, once these bastards are out of office. One way or the other. Sooner rather than later.

I seriously doubt it. You still refer to "41" as Poppy and that guy is one foot in the grave. Nixon, dead. Reagan, dead. Ford, dead. Yet you still have a hard-on for them and stab them in the back every chance you get because they didn't have a (D) next to their name.

Nobody "rules" forever. NOBODY.

FORD
01-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

Nobody "rules" forever. NOBODY.

It's not a question of THEM being around forever. There's no doubt that the BCE will probably implode the minute Poppy goes to Hell.

What will remain though, is the damage they have done to this country, and indeed the entire planet over the greater part of the last century.

There would not have been Hitler, Nixon, Saddam, Bin Laden, arguably Castro, Reagan, Cheney, or Chimpy without the Bush Criminal Empire. No Halliburton, no Blackwater, no military-industrial self-perpetuating beast. Not to mention all those guys who we call by their initials today, JFK, RFK, and MLK would have lived to see their dreams become reality.

Just imagine where we would be in this century without those bastards.

How many centuries will it take to recover from the damage?

ULTRAMAN VH
01-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Back on topic,
INVASION USA
Border agents sent to prison
Angry Republican congressman calls President Bush 'disgrace'

Posted: January 17, 2007

By Art Moore
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Former U.S. Border Patrol agent Ignacio Ramos embraced his wife, Monica Ramos, two days before he was sentenced to 11 years in prison (Courtesy El Paso Times)
Amid protests and a flurry of last-minute efforts by congressmen, two border patrol agents are scheduled today to begin long prison sentences for shooting and wounding a Mexican drug smuggler who was granted full immunity to testify against them.
In an interview with WND, an angry Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., called President Bush a "disgrace" for refusing to pardon Jose Alonso Compean and Ignacio Ramos, who were sentenced to 12 years and 11 years, respectively, in October. With hopes for a presidential pardon dwindling, the lawmakers had requested that Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez assist in a motion to keep the agents free on bond during the appeals process. But late yesterday, U.S. District Judge Kathleen Cardone in El Paso, Texas, ruled the men must surrender to federal marshals at 2 p.m. Mountain Time today.

"This is the worst betrayal of American defenders I have ever seen," Rohrabacher said of the president. "It's shameful this was done by someone who is in the Republican Party. He obviously thinks more about his agreements with Mexico than the lives of American people and backing up his defenders."

The California lawmaker, who has helped lead efforts to obtain a pardon, charged the Bush administration has been playing a "cruel game." Initially, he said, officials insisted the agents could not be pardoned because they had not filled out the proper paperwork. But Rohrabacher told WND the White House did not explain to the public that the agents were being required – without justification, he contended – to first admit guilt.

Then, last Friday, presidential press secretary Tony Snow addressed the issue for the first time, arguing that prior to the shooting, the agents did not know if the smuggler, Osbaldo Aldrete-Davila, was an illegal alien, and they were unaware he had about 750 pounds of marijuana.

Compean and Ramos say they thought the smuggler had a gun, but no weapon was found.

The agents, Snow said, "had received arms training the day before; that said, if you have an incident like this, you must preserve the evidence and you must report it promptly."

"Instead," Snow continued, "according to court documents, they went around and picked up the shell casings. Furthermore, they asked one of their colleagues also to help pick up shell casings. They disposed of them."

'Monday-morning quarterbacking'

TJ Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, a union representing 1,500 agents, argued failure to report the discharge of a firearm is an administrative offense that, at the most, merits a five-day suspension.

"How that translates into 11- and 12-year prison terms is beyond me," he told WND. "They fired at someone they believed had a weapon. He resisted their commands, assaulted one of the officers and then wheeled around and pointed something at them. Logic would say it would be a weapon.

"After all the Monday-morning quarterbacking, I would have to come to the same conclusion," Bonner said. "He's a drug smuggler, for God's sake."

The Department of Homeland Security sent an investigator to Mexico to offer the smuggler, Aldrete-Davila, full immunity in exchange for his testimony against the agents. Now, Aldrete-Davila is suing the U.S. Border Patrol for $5 million for allegedly violating his civil rights.

U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton initially granted immunity to Aldrete-Davila for illegally entering the U.S., drug smuggling and unlawful flight to avoid arrest. Later, Sutton expanded the immunity to cover a second drug offense by Aldrete-Davila – an attempt to smuggle another 1,000 pounds of marijuana into the U.S.

Agent Jose Alonso Compean (Courtesy: KFOX-TV)

Bonner said Ramos and Compean will be incarcerated at the El Paso jail this week then be moved to separate low-security federal prisons. He's concerned about their safety.

"Bad cops are accepted by the prison population, but good cops are not," Bonner point out. "They'll be surrounded by people they arrested."

Rohrabacher suggested Bush was sending the men to prison in order that his immigration policy not be disrupted.

"He talks about being a Christian, but he has shown no Christian charity," the congressman told San Diego radio host Roger Hedgecock after speaking with WND last night.

Asked by WND for a response to Rohrabacher's remarks, White House spokesman Alex Conant deferred to Snows comments on the case.

Rohrabacher told WND he sees a serious residual result of the administration's handling of the agents.

"The word is out that the southern border is undefended," he said. "Border agents won't dare to draw their weapons, and the drug cartel will double their effort to drive a wedge in our border."

Rohrabacher said he has been disturbed by an "arrogant" lack of response from senior Justice Department and White House officials who have "shoved over" their inquiries to lower-level staff.

"I've never seen an administration that does it this way," he said. "In the past, if there is a senior member of Congress calling, it would require a call back directly from the administration official in question."

The Justice Department did not respond to WND's request for comment.

Bush has received a letter about the case from more than 50 Congress members, and yesterday an online petition by Grassfire.org with more than 225,000 signatures calling for a presidential pardon was delivered to the White House.

'We both yelled out for him to stop'

As WND has reported, a federal jury convicted Compean, 28, and Ramos, 37, in March after a two-week trial on charges of causing serious bodily injury, assault with a deadly weapon, discharge of a firearm in relation to a crime of violence and a civil rights violation.

Ramos is an eight-year veteran of the U.S. Naval Reserve and a former nominee for Border Patrol Agent of the Year.

According to the agents, Ramos responded Feb. 17, 2005, to a request for back-up from Compean, who noticed a suspicious van near the levee road along the Rio Grande River near the Texas town of Fabens, about 40 miles east of El Paso. A third agent also joined the pursuit.

Aldrete-Davila stopped the van on a levee, jumped out and started running toward the river. When he reached the other side of the levee, he was met by Compean who had anticipated the smuggler's attempt to get back to Mexico.

"We both yelled out for him to stop, but he wouldn't stop, and he just kept running," Ramos told California's Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

"At some point during the time where I'm crossing the canal, I hear shots being fired," Ramos said. "Later, I see Compean on the ground, but I keep running after the smuggler."

At that point, Ramos said, Aldrete-Davila turned toward him, pointing what looked like a gun.

"I shot," Ramos said. "But I didn't think he was hit, because he kept running into the brush and then disappeared into it. Later, we all watched as he jumped into a van waiting for him. He seemed fine. It didn't look like he had been hit at all."

The U.S. government filed charges against Ramos and Compean after giving full immunity to Aldrete-Davila and paying for his medical treatment at an El Paso hospital.

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Texas issued a statement in September arguing "the defendants were prosecuted because they had fired their weapons at a man who had attempted to surrender by holding his open hands in the air, at which time Agent Compean attempted to hit the man with the butt of Compean's shotgun, causing the man to run in fear of what the agents would do to him next."

The statement said, "Although both agents saw that the man was not armed, the agents fired at least 15 rounds at him while he was running away from them, hitting him once."

LoungeMachine
01-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Back on topic,
INVASION USA
Border agents sent to prison
Angry Republican congressman calls President Bush 'disgrace'

Posted: January 17, 2007

By Art Moore
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Yeah, back on topic, yet not a single thought from your own feeble mind.

Just another pathetic cunt n paste. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
01-17-2007, 05:55 PM
The Border agents deserve consideration for pardoning. But from what I read (a while ago), this isn't the cut-and-dry, illegal immigration, martyrdom some have made this out to be...

I don't remember the details, but it was some contradictions in their stories and allegations of a coverup that did them in...

scamper
01-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Also, on topic...

The Repubs. haven't done squat, thats just one of the reasons they're getting their butts kicked at the voting booth.

Hardrock69
01-19-2007, 10:03 AM
This is typical of a politicial party whose sole intent is to destroy the United States Of America.

themonkey has shown time and time again that he is only interested in bringing illegal aliens into this country, and shipping jobs overseas to destabilize the United States economy.

fucking monkey motherfucker. Anyone who supports this goddamnable fuck is themselves a traitor to the United States.
:mad: