PDA

View Full Version : WTF?!? ORVILLE REDENBACHER is the LIVING DEAD!!!

Matt White
01-19-2007, 12:27 PM
So...I'm chilling out a little while ago...

Eatting lunch...watching SPORTS CENTER...and suddenly..a commerical starts....http://www.orville.com/aboutUs.jsp

I swear...I almost flipped my wig;)

ORVILLE FUCKING REDENBACHER!!!

Speaking!

Moving!

Pitching his popcorn!

THE HELL YOU SAY!!! Orville died in 1995.....

I know

I know

But..then I looked again...Orville didn't look right...or sound right for that matter.....

WAIT ONE DAMN MINUTE......HE'S COMPUTER GENERATED!!!:mad:

At the least...they superimposed a computer generated face on a living actor......making it look like Orville was roaming the earth..searching for the perfect kernel of corn...and fresh BRAINS!!!

Very tacky & creepy commercial.....

WTF are they thinking down there at ORVILLE INC?!?

http://a818.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/8/l_657790e99b65fde138dec48781e906b1.jpg

SERIOUSLY...with the provided link...watch the commercial yourselves...it's fucking hideous.....

ALinChainz
01-19-2007, 12:31 PM
lol

Was just saying the same thing here at home ...

He looks like he's plastic ... or CGI ...

Matt White
01-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
lol

Was just saying the same thing here at home ...

He looks like he's plastic ... or CGI ...

I was talking to my brother in AZ;)

He thought I was losing my mind...which I was......

That's fucking creepy

I can't imagine a family saying "Yeah...go ahead. Make Grandpa Orville look like a zombie...it'll help sales."

fucked up

Little Texan
01-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I saw that last night and had the same thoughts! My first reaction was WTF?, then I thought that it was all just wrong somehow! This is kinda like on Pet Sematery where those people buried their loved ones and they came back and looked like their old selves but weren't quite the same! I say just let poor Orville Redenbacher rest in peace, and quit trying to bring him back from the dead because it's just downright creepy and can't help sell popcorn! If you want to show Orville Redenbacher in commercials, show the old ads from when he was still alive.

FORD
01-19-2007, 03:40 PM
They were showing the old ads again for a while. I'm not sure whether this is CGI or just a bad actor with horrendous makeup.

Seems like KFC tried to run with some fake Col. Sanders ads (not the cartoons, but another old man in a white suit) a few years ago and the public outcry was so loud that they pulled the ads. Of course now they just milk the corpses of Lynyrd Skynyrd instead (shouldn't they change their name to AFC if they're using "Sweet Home Alabama" as a theme song?)

Guitar Shark
01-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I'm not sure whether this is CGI or just a bad actor with horrendous makeup.

I think it's the latter.

Either way, TERRIBLE idea...

Hardrock69
01-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Wow...I was thinking the same thing. Saw 'Orville' last night and thought, what the fuck?

He looked like a re-animated corpse.

Matt White
01-20-2007, 10:22 AM
IT'S ALIVE!!!

Little Texan
01-20-2007, 01:45 PM
I saw that commercial again yesterday, and after looking at Orville real close this time I've come to the conclusion that he is definitely computer generated, and not an actor in a mask or bad makeup.

Diamondjimi
01-20-2007, 03:15 PM
That's a guy with make up. Or maybe his nerdy grandson in costume.

stringfelowhawk
01-20-2007, 04:51 PM
I saw this the other night and thought I was watching TV Land. I made a mad dash for the remote thinking somebody changed the channel when I blinked but then I realized I was alone except for my Shiba Inu so I bitched her out for messing with me.
The above is true.

The only breed I've ever heard of that can outsmart humans on a normal basis. SCAREY SMART!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
01-20-2007, 09:49 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/2007-01-11-orville-usat_x.htm

Julius
01-20-2007, 10:19 PM
A horrible idea poorly executed. I too saw the ad the other night and felt creeped out by it.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

VanHalener
01-20-2007, 11:32 PM
BAD IDEA

WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING?

Orville would roll over in his buttered coffin if he could see this.

Hardrock69
01-20-2007, 11:45 PM
I have been saying for a couple of years now they oughta write a new John Wayne movie. They have CGI capability now that they could create an entirely real John Wayne and could write an entire film based on his beyond the grave participation...and have him do whatever they wanted to in the film.
:cool:

Little Texan
01-21-2007, 03:47 AM
The next thing you know Dave Thomas will be doing Wendy's ads again!

Hardrock69
01-21-2007, 06:09 PM
They already did that.....I think.....unless you are being sarcastic...
:D

Nitro Express
01-21-2007, 11:28 PM
The ad campaign was probably put together by a well paid, know it all, Madison Avenue marketing team.