PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton: 'I'm In'

DrMaddVibe
01-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Senator Announces Formation of Exploratory Committee

Jan. 20, 2007 Ñ - The following statement was posted on Sen. Hillary Clinton's Web site, D-NY, on Saturday to announce her bid for president.

I'm in. And I'm in to win.

Today I am announcing that I will form an exploratory committee to run for president.

And I want you to join me not just for the campaign but for a conversation about the future of our country -- about the bold but practical changes we need to overcome six years of Bush administration failures.

I am going to take this conversation directly to the people of America, and I'm starting by inviting all of you to join me in a series of web chats over the next few days.

The stakes will be high when America chooses a new president in 2008.

As a senator, I will spend two years doing everything in my power to limit the damage George W. Bush can do. But only a new president will be able to undo Bush's mistakes and restore our hope and optimism.

Only a new president can renew the promise of America -- the idea that if you work hard you can count on the health care, education, and retirement security that you need to raise your family. These are the basic values of America that are under attack from this administration every day.

And only a new president can regain America's position as a respected leader in the world.

I believe that change is coming November 4, 2008. And I am forming my exploratory committee because I believe that together we can bring the leadership that this country needs. I'm going to start this campaign with a national conversation about how we can work to get our country back on track.

This is a big election with some very big questions. How do we bring the war in Iraq to the right end? How can we make sure every American has access to adequate health care? How will we ensure our children inherit a clean environment and energy independence? How can we reduce the deficits that threaten Social Security and Medicare?

No matter where you live, no matter what your political views, I want you to be a part of this important conversation right at the start. So to begin, I'm going to spend the next several days answering your questions in a series of live video web discussions. Starting Monday, January 22, at 7 p.m. EST for three nights in a row, I'll sit down to answer your questions about how we can work together for a better future. And you can participate live at my website. Sign up to join the conversation here.

I grew up in a middle-class family in the middle of America, where I learned that we could overcome every obstacle we face if we work together and stay true to our values.

I have worked on issues critical to our country almost all my life. I've fought for children for more than 30 years. In Arkansas, I pushed for education reform. As First Lady, I helped to expand health care coverage to millions of children and to pass legislation that dramatically increased adoptions. I also traveled to China to affirm that women's rights are human rights.

And in the Senate, I have worked across party lines to get billions more for children's health care, to stop the president's plan to privatize Social Security, and to make sure the victims and heroes of 9/11 and our men and women in uniform receive the fair treatment they deserve. In 2006, I led the successful fight to make Plan B contraception available to women without a prescription.

I have spent a lifetime opening opportunities for tens of millions who are working hard to raise a family: new immigrants, families living in poverty, people who have no health care or face an uncertain retirement.

The promise of America is that all of us will have access to opportunity, and I want to run a 2008 campaign that renews that promise, a campaign built on a lifetime record of results.

I have never been afraid to stand up for what I believe in or to face down the Republican machine. After nearly $70 million spent against my campaigns in New York and two landslide wins, I can say I know how Washington Republicans think, how they operate, and how to beat them.

I need you to be a part of this campaign, and I hope you'll start by joining me in this national conversation.

As we campaign to win the White House, we will make history and remake our future. We can only break barriers if we dare to confront them, and if we have the determined and committed support of others.

This campaign is our moment, our chance to stand up for the principles and values that we cherish; to bring new ideas, energy, and leadership to a uniquely challenging time. It's our chance to say "we can" and "we will."

Let's go to work. America's future is calling us.

Copyright © 2007 ABC News Internet Ventures

Terry
01-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Being that she's currently running third, behind both Obama and Edwards, her presumption that to run is to win is in error, at least presently.

Little Texan
01-20-2007, 02:06 PM
I don't think America is quite ready for a woman President just yet. We'll have a black President (Obama) before a woman President (Hillary). Edwards will probably end up with the nomination, and whoever gets the Democratic nomination wins the Presidency, IMO. No way in hell a Republican wins this time.

FORD
01-20-2007, 02:23 PM
No surprises here, just the expected disgust. Fuck Hillary with Anne Coulter's dick.

matt19
01-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by FORD
No surprises here, just the expected disgust. Fuck Hillary with Anne Coulter's dick.

She doesn't put out though. Just ask Bill.

Nickdfresh
01-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Well, she surpassed my expectations as a NYS Senator., in which she seems to have done a pretty good job bringing in the bacon. But I think we've had enough Clintons in the White House with Bill, as much as I miss the horny dude, I'm done with political dynasties in the executive branch. I wish she was just happy to be a key senator...

In any case, she was for the War almost as much as Georgie boy was. I find that to be unforgivable, despite her recent change of heart.

Terry
01-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Well, she surpassed my expectations as a NYS Senator., in which she seems to have done a pretty good job bringing in the bacon. But I think we've had enough Clintons in the White House with Bill, as much as I miss the horny dude, I'm done with political dynasties in the executive branch. I wish she was just happy to be a key senator...

In any case, she was for the War almost as much as Georgie boy was. I find that to be unforgivable, despite her recent change of heart.

Edwards is the only one of the three who will come right out and say that he's against the US being in Iraq, and that the troops should come home ASAP. He doesn't equivocate like Obama and Clinton. So if that is the sole foreign policy issue that one is voting for in 2008, and you come down on the side of being against the war, Edwards is the ONLY hopeful so far who shares that view (or at least SAYS he does...who the fuck can really say what any candidate will actually do once in office?).

FORD
01-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Edwards is the only one of the three who will come right out and say that he's against the US being in Iraq, and that the troops should come home ASAP. He doesn't equivocate like Obama and Clinton.

Edwards voted FOR the war, but now regrets doing so. Obama (as a state senator) said very clearly that he was not an "anti war" candidate, but that he WAS very much anti DUMB wars and would not have voted for Iraq. And yes, dumb war was his exact words. I wish I had a link to the speech because I actually laughed my ass off when he said it.

Terry
01-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Edwards voted FOR the war, but now regrets doing so. Obama (as a state senator) said very clearly that he was not an "anti war" candidate, but that he WAS very much anti DUMB wars and would not have voted for Iraq. And yes, dumb war was his exact words. I wish I had a link to the speech because I actually laughed my ass off when he said it.

Oh, he voted for it, no doubt, but the point is now Edwards is the only one out of the three who will go on record as saying the war should end immediately.

Not saying I'm agreeing with Edwards, but Hillary tends to blanche at the moment of truth when talking about the CURRENT situation in Iraq, and Obama is a little obscure about it at times.

VanHalener
01-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Let's see here...

"End of Civilization" supplies :

water

1 year food stores

RX

weapons

ammo

medical supplies

communication

etc...

Little Texan
01-21-2007, 04:08 AM
Wait a second...Hillary can't run again! She's already served two terms as President...President Clinton and her husband Bill, remember? :D

Seshmeister
01-21-2007, 08:34 PM
2 families running the US for 24 years?

Surely that's fucked up?

FORD
01-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Yeah, at least the Roosevelts had one in each party. And the Republican wasn't even that bad.

LoungeMachine
01-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
2 families running the US for 24 years?

Surely that's fucked up?

Could be worse.

Could be Jeb.

Or Neil.

Oh, wait. That pesky theft felony.

FORD
01-21-2007, 09:06 PM
I'd love for Marvin Bush to run actually. Then maybe the whore media might look into his past employment, like a certain security company who had the World Trade Center as one of their clients......

Seshmeister
01-21-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm no expert especially on US domestic stuff but McCain seems the best of the bunch at the moment.

LoungeMachine
01-21-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm no expert especially on US domestic stuff but McCain seems the best of the bunch at the moment.

Grading on a curve, sure.

Compared to Brownback of Gingrich he's another Lincoln.

Nickdfresh
01-21-2007, 10:16 PM

Except he wants to expand the War in Iraq, with 40,000 US troops that don't yet exist...

And he's effectively kissed and made up with the cunvicts that gang-raped him in 2000, Bush and Rove...

Steve Savicki
01-22-2007, 05:59 AM
What she needs to do is enhance her husband's legacy.

Seshmeister
01-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Or at least suck it occasionally...

LoungeMachine
01-22-2007, 09:40 AM
LMAO

svrwthr
01-22-2007, 12:15 PM
A black man or a white woman? I'll take the black man becaue that white woman is not someone I want for president. She is another typical rich person that will not help out the people of America. I feel Obama will. Plus, with Barack Obama as president with a name like his, I think ties with the Arabs will be much better than if a woman were president. Arabs dont like woman in power, they want them as servants. The Arab countries are our most threat and needed attention. Now is not the time for a white woman president. I say white woman president because I would vote for a woman only if she was the likes of Condeleza Rice or Carol Moseley Braun. It's not the color, it is the strength, power and manipulation of those two that are strong and good for the people. Not some pussy assed white trash woman like Hilary....

Nitro Express
01-22-2007, 03:04 PM
I personally don't want to see any relative of a former president get into the white house. I'll be glad when the Bush Dynasty is over and we certainly don't need a Clinton Dynasty.

I don't even care if they are a good canidate, there are just too many strings attatched to a presidential related canidate.

Nitro Express
01-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Our govt. works the best when we have oppossing sides checking each other's power but can come together and pass good legislation on important issues.

We need more "middle of the road" politicians.

LoungeMachine
01-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

We need more "middle of the road" politicians.

More like "Road Kill"

See: McCain, Swiftboating, etc.....

KKKarl Rove took care of that. :(

FORD
01-22-2007, 05:04 PM
"middle of the road" doesn't work when the former 8 lane highway now consists of 7 1/2 lanes going in the wrong direction and one shoulder left to drive on the right way.

LoungeMachine
01-22-2007, 05:06 PM
err, you mean left way. ;)