X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MERRYKISSMASS2U
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Any Good movies?

Have any of you guys seen any great flicks recently?
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Plenty that I've enjoyed recently:

Children Of Men

The Departed

Babel

Dancer in the Dark (fucking weird)

Happiness (black comedy)

American Spledor (about the comic strip)

L'Appartement

Also if you just want good "popcorn" flcks, I quite enjoyed the new Rocky film....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by binnie

The Departed
      That was the shit... I loved that movie.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
        Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

When infertility threatens mankind with extinction and the last child born has perished, a disillusioned bureaucrat (Clive Owen) becomes the unlikely champion in the fight for the survival of Earth's population; He must face down his own demons and protect the planet's last remaining hope from danger.

South Boston cop Billy Costigan (Leonardo DiCaprio) goes under cover to infiltrate the organization of gangland chief Frank Costello (Jack Nicholson). As Billy gains the mobster's trust, a career criminal named Colin Sullivan (Matt Damon) infiltrates the police department and reports on its activities to his syndicate bosses. When both organizations learn they have a mole in their midst, Billy and Colin must figure out each other's identities to save their own lives.

An accident connects four groups of people on three different continents: two young Moroccan goatherds, a vacationing American couple (Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett), a deaf Japanese teen and her father, and a Mexican nanny who takes her young charges across a border without parental permission.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dancer_in_the_dark/ (it's Bjork, of course it's fucking weird)
        This dark ensemble-comedy is centered on the three Jordan sisters. Joy (Jane Adams) moves through lackluster jobs with no sense of purpose. Now employed teaching adults, she is dating a student, Russian taxi-driver Vlad (Jared Harris). Helen (Lara Flynn Boyle) is an esteemed poet who becomes amused by her perverted neighbor, Allen (Philip Seymour Hoffman). And eldest sister Trish (Cynthia Stevenson) is married to Bill (Dylan Baker), a psychiatrist with a very disturbing secret life.

Underground comic book writer Harvey Pekar, portrayed by Paul Giamatti but also appearing as himself, is the subject of this inventive biopic. Much of the film focuses on the eccentric Pekar's day-to-day life in Cleveland, particularly his relationship with his patient wife, Joyce Brabner (played by Hope Davis and also appearing as herself). As Pekar's musings are brought to the screen in this unique and engaging production, the movie playfully incorporates comic book-like panels.

An engaged Paris executive (Vincent Cassel) seeks an ex-flame but instead finds a longtime admirer (Romane Bohringer) who arranged their split.

Now long-retired, Rocky (Sylvester Stallone) runs a Philadelphia eatery and mourns the loss of his beloved wife, Adrian. Yearning to recapture a bit of his glory days, he plans to re-enter the ring for a few low-profile, local matches. All that changes when Rocky accepts a challenge to fight the world's reigning heavyweight champion, Mason "the Line" Dixon (Antonio Tarver).

Binnie has good taste!

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U

Binnie has good taste!
          Why thank-you Sir!
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• The_KiD
            Commando
            • Jun 2005

Good in the Theatre

We are Marshall
            The Departed (Best film I have seen in a while)
            Borat

Good Recent Rentals

The Descent
            Little Miss Sunshine
            Beerfest
            Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The Beginning)

KiD

Comment

Working...