PDA

View Full Version : 48% of Armed Forces rate Bush's Iraq Performance POOR

LoungeMachine
01-22-2007, 09:48 AM
United Press International®

UPI Poll: Bush's Iraq performance
WASHINGTON, Jan. 22 (UPI) -- More than half of respondents to a UPI-Zogby International poll rated U.S. President George Bush's performance regarding the Iraq war as "poor."

In the nearly four years since Bush ordered U.S. troops into Iraq, support for the action has sagged. With the number of U.S. personnel killed topping 3,000 and the president sending another 21,500 into the theater, his political opponents are growing in number.

That was shown in the interactive poll conducted Jan. 16-18 of some 6,882 people in the United States. A total of 3,799 (55.2 percent) of those asked rated Bush's Iraq performances as "poor." Another 15.8 considered it "fair"; 21.5 percent said it was "good"; and 7.1 percent said "excellent."

Even among armed forces personnel who participated, Bush didn't fare well. Some 48.1 percent said the Iraq performance was "poor." However, 10.9 percent said it was "excellent."

There was an expended divide politically, but among self-described independents 60.2 percent rated Bush's performance as "poor."

There is a 1.2-percentage-point margin of error in the data.

Steve Savicki
01-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Trust the word of our soldiers; they're actually out there in the field.

Seshmeister
01-22-2007, 03:46 PM
I don't like polls where the options are 'excellent, good, fair, poor'

You see it a lot in customer service polls, if you're not too happy you still choose fair because that feels like the below average one.

It should be 'excellent, good, acceptable, poor, very poor' but I think that gets you worse news so the pollsters don't like it.

FORD
01-22-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm sure the real number is much higher, but some troops won't comment while in uniform, because that's against the rules. Of course, so is being forced to obey illegal orders

Steve Savicki
01-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by FORD some troops won't comment while in uniform, because that's against the rules.
Why is it against the rules to comment about your life being in danger?

What happened to free speech?

Guitar Shark
01-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Steve, you are living proof of the perils of free speech.

BigBadBrian
01-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Why is it against the rules to comment about your life being in danger?

What happened to free speech?

You aren't allowed to comment on job performance of our Nation's elected leaders WHILE IN UNIFORM only. The reason is it could be viewed as an official viewpoint by the particular branch of the Armed Forces in question by the media (which, as we all know, leans heavily with a media bias.

Comments and participation in polls/surveys out of uniform is permitted.

Steve, you believed FORD. That's your downfall. He was only partly correct.

:cool:

Nickdfresh
01-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Well BigBlander, I was speaking to a vet recently, and he said that Bush and Rumsfled are hated by most of the troops he knew in Iraq, and felt that the media did not accurately reflect this because they always seemed to interview soldiers that were "ready for the mission."...

knuckleboner
01-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I don't like polls where the options are 'excellent, good, fair, poor'

You see it a lot in customer service polls, if you're not too happy you still choose fair because that feels like the below average one.

It should be 'excellent, good, acceptable, poor, very poor' but I think that gets you worse news so the pollsters don't like it.

well, why don't we ask them?

if you are a pollster, please rate your confidence in the current polling procedures on the following scale. a) roth b) hagar c) cherone

BigBadBrian
01-23-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Well BigBlander, I was speaking to a vet recently, and he said that Bush and Rumsfled are hated by most of the troops he knew in Iraq, and felt that the media did not accurately reflect this because they always seemed to interview soldiers that were "ready for the mission."...

One soldiers opinion. I imagine you could find others.

On the other hand, most Marines and sailors I knew during the last days of the Clinton Admin hated him as well. I know that to be fact.

LoungeMachine
01-23-2007, 09:28 AM
LMAO

One soldier's opinion.......

But they all hated Clinton.

priceless.

We crushed Baghdad with Clinton's Military by the way.....

Nickdfresh
01-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
One soldiers opinion. I imagine you could find others.

On the other hand, most Marines and sailors I knew during the last days of the Clinton Admin hated him as well. I know that to be fact.

They all still had their fingers and limbs though.

And most in the military that I'd met or read about that actually had contact with Clinton thought he was gold...

StretchOnBass
01-23-2007, 07:04 PM
i just had a soldier from Iraq on my boat Sunday. He is going back to Iraq this week. He gave me a 250.00 Dinar bill which was nice of him.

He didn't have one bad thing to say. We had several cocktails and the truth comes out when you drink!!

This is an infantry army man, too. He is in the field.

StretchOnBass
01-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
They all still had their fingers and limbs though.

And most in the military that I'd met or read about that actually had contact with Clinton thought he was gold...

I disagree with that. Even the coasties laughed at Slick Willie. Every military man I met said the same.

hideyoursheep
01-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
LMAO

One soldier's opinion.......
But they all hated Clinton.
priceless.
We crushed Baghdad with Clinton's Military by the way.....

They defenitely crushed Afghanistan quick.

I didn't belive we left anything to crush after '91...More like a track meet.