PDA

View Full Version : The Hillary factor

BigBadBrian
01-23-2007, 06:35 AM
The Hillary factor
By Cal Thomas
Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Fund-raisers on the left and right are salivating now that Sen. Hillary Clinton has declared, "I'm in" the 2008 presidential race. On the left, feminists will likely hail her as the reincarnation of suffragette Susan B. Anthony. On the right, conservatives will portray her as a cross between Lady Macbeth and Bonnie Parker.

Conservatives should be careful. The nonstop attacks on Bill Clinton did not keep him from winning in 1992, nor did his personal scandals prevent his re-election four years later. Using similar smear tactics on Hillary Clinton will only turn her into a victim and cause many not predisposed to vote for her to support her.

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton waves after speaking about legislation to expand children's health care at a health center in New York, Sunday, Jan. 21, 2007. Clinton has embarked on a widely anticipated campaign for the White House Saturday, Jan. 20, 2007, a former first lady intent on becoming the nation's first female president. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig) Men can't run against a woman the way they run against other men. Former Republican Congressman Rick Lazio learned the double standard voters apply to a female candidate when he challenged her in 2000 for the New York Senate seat she now holds. During a debate, Lazio left his lectern and invaded her personal space to make a point. Many voters saw a man trying to physically intimidate a woman and Lazio lost the debate and the election.

Some conservative Web sites are already claiming Sen. Clinton will unite the Republican base like no other Democratic candidate. Maybe, but that base is too small to counter what surely will be a surge in female voters. A recent USA Today/CNN/Gallup Poll found that six out of 10 women were likely to support Clinton in her run for the White House.

A major advantage for Republicans is that Hillary is not her husband. She is aloof and calculating, while he can be warm and engaging. We have seen his temper - most recently in an interview with Fox's Chris Wallace - but we have only heard about hers. Will the public accept this kind of behavior from a woman who wants to be president? Will such behavior be seen as strength or character weakness?

In an interview with the London Sunday Times, Clinton's campaign manager, Terry McAuliffe, compared her to former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. "Their policies are totally different," McAuliffe said, "but they are both perceived as very tough." Hillary Clinton and Margaret Thatcher are as different as Phyllis Schlafly and Gloria Steinem. Toughness in the pursuit of bad ideas is as unhelpful as weakness in pursuit of good ones.

In her videotaped announcement, which emulated Sen. Barack Obama's announcement of his presidential candidacy last week, Sen. Clinton ticked off the issues about which she is ticked off, because she says the Bush administration has failed to deal with them. They include health care, Social Security, Medicare and Iraq. The Bush administration has attempted to address all of these, but Democrats have blocked any progress. It's an old political trick. You work against success and then blame failure on the president.

The Clintons have a well-oiled political machine that neutralizes people who get in the way of their pursuit of wealth and power. Sen. Clinton sounded as if she is ready to haul out that machine again when she said, "I have never been afraid to stand up for what I believe in or to face down the Republican machine. After nearly $70 million spent against my campaigns in New York and two landslide wins, I can say I know how Washington Republicans think, how they operate, and how to beat them."

Media reports speak of this being the most "diverse" presidential race ever with a woman, (Clinton), an African-American (Obama) and a Hispanic (New Mexico's Bill Richardson). But this is not ideological diversity, as all are liberals. This race shouldn't be about race, gender, or ethnicity, but ideas. The big media, so far, have tossed Sen. Clinton softball questions. Handlers have been able to get away with limiting questions to pre-approved subjects. The public will demand more from her and the media in a presidential campaign.

There has never been a campaign like the one the country is about to experience. The focus should not be on gender or any other side issue, but on who is best qualified to defend the country against its many enemies, foreign and domestic.

Look for the dirtiest, meanest and most costly presidential campaign in history in pursuit of the answer.

BigBadBrian
01-23-2007, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

Look for the dirtiest, meanest and most costly presidential campaign in history in pursuit of the answer.

True enough.

I've always liked Bill Richardson. I think he'd make a good POTUS. On the other hand, I'll listen to what Hillary has to say. I'm also favorable towards John McCain and Rudy Giuliani. One person I definitely won't vote for, though, is that ambulance chaser from NC.

:gulp:

BigBadBrian
01-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Also....Obama

He needs to get rid of that "Democratic Rock Star" schtick.

I don't think the American public will take him seriously until he does.

Hardrock69
01-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Yes...alll KINDS of fund-raisers are drooling.....like this convicted cocaine smuggler who donated $20,000 to the Clinton campaign....

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/smug_hill.jpg

The above photo was taken in front of the White House Christmas tree with Hillary and Clinton campaign donor Jorge Cabreras. Jorge is a convicted drug smuggler and friend of Fidel Castro. According to the New York Times, April 4, 1997, Jorge was solicited for his donation by a Democratic operative in the lobby of a hotel in Havana! The $20,000 check to the Clinton campaign came from an account linked to cocaine money. At the time the above photo was taken, Jorge had two felony convictions, but the Secret Service cleared him to enter the White House anyway.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/archives/cat_politicscorruption.html

FORD
01-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Also....Obama

He needs to get rid of that "Democratic Rock Star" schtick.

I don't think the American public will take him seriously until he does.

When has Obama ever referred to himself as a "rock star"?

What is he supposed to do about a label created by the whore media?

They labeled Howard Dean a "rockstar" too. Even made him scream like one, by use of electronic trickery........

ELVIS
01-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Electronic trickery ??????

You're an insane liar...

Now, check out this pic from Lebanon today...

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_1376_images/0123071107_M_012307_lebanon18.jpg

:elvis:

FORD
01-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Is that a Lebanese rap video?

FORD
01-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Electronic trickery ??????

You're an insane liar...

It's an established fact that the media whores took a direct feed from Dean's condenser microphone and isolated it, misrepresenting the scream as some sort of angry rant, rather than the reality of it which was Dean attempting to merely be heard above an excited crowd.

The lies about Obama are even worse, implying that he's a terrorist just because of his name.

ELVIS
01-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Even if he's not a terrorist, his apparent ties to Islam are enough to do him in...

ELVIS
01-23-2007, 01:25 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5FzCeV0ZFc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5FzCeV0ZFc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Guitar Shark
01-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by FORD
It's an established fact that the media whores took a direct feed from Dean's condenser microphone and isolated it, misrepresenting the scream as some sort of angry rant, rather than the reality of it which was Dean attempting to merely be heard above an excited crowd.

LMAO! It's also an "established fact" that you believe only what you want to believe.

FORD
01-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Even if he's not a terrorist, his apparent ties to Islam are enough to do him in...

Are YOU a terrorist just because Tim McVeigh, Eric Rudolph, and George Bush claim to be "Christians"??

ELVIS
01-23-2007, 02:28 PM
McVeigh claimed to be catholic, Rudolph's father was catholic and President Bush is episcopalian...

What's your point, FORD ??

FORD
01-23-2007, 02:48 PM
McVeigh claimed to be catholic, Rudolph's father was catholic and President Bush is episcopalian...

What's your point, FORD ??

You seem to be implying that all Muslims are "terrorists" just because of the actions of a few idiots. What if the same presumption were made about Christianity??

As for the Catholic and Espiscopalian thing, how is that any different than the fact that Bin Laden is a Wahabbi Muslim, a specific fundamentalist sect based in Saudi Arabia.

Would you imply that even all Catholics are terrorists, because of McVeigh, Rudolph, and a bunch of dorks in Northern Ireland?

And Chimpy actually claims to be a Methodist. Does that make my late grandmother a terrorist? (even though her church was literally built on the site of an old missile silo)

ELVIS
01-23-2007, 04:47 PM
A crazy Methodist, is he ??...:D

Learn something everyday...

• The most frequent presidential denomination has been Episcopalian (11 presidents), followed by Presbyterian (6).

• Every president but one (the Catholic John F. Kennedy) has been Protestant.

• The most over-represented groups in the presidency, based on their percentage of the U.S. population, have been the Dutch Reformed Church and Unitarians.

• The most under-represented: Catholics and Baptists.

• Several major groups have never held the presidency: Jews, Mormons, Pentecostals, Muslims, Orthodox Christians.

• Only three presidents did not claim religious affiliation: Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Andrew Jackson.

Nickdfresh
01-23-2007, 06:35 PM

What "apparent ties" would those be Smelvis?

Don't have any balls to be more specific?

Are they similar to your "apparent ties" to Christianity?

LoungeMachine
01-23-2007, 06:48 PM

Go fuck yourself in the ass with the nearest crucifix. :rolleyes:

"even if he's not..."

:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
01-23-2007, 06:50 PM

• Only three presidents did not claim religious affiliation: Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Andrew Jackson.

And the first two would be considered Godless heathens and Liberals by your , ahem, "standards" :rolleyes:

StretchOnBass
01-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Hillary has a HILL to climb and it isn't Bills.

LoungeMachine
01-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by StretchOnBass
Hillary has a HILL to climb and it isn't Bills.

That couldn't have sounded remotely funny in your head, either.

ELVIS
01-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
What "apparent ties" would those be Smelvis?

That he attended a Madrassa and was raised and educated as a Muslim, and that his Muslim stepfather gave him the name Hussein...

LoungeMachine
01-23-2007, 08:27 PM
The Obamas are members of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ.[123][124] Of his religious affiliation, Obama has written:

I was drawn to the power of the African American religious tradition to spur social change. [...] In the history of these struggles, I was able to see faith as more than just a comfort to the weary or a hedge against death; rather, it was an active, palpable agent in the world. [...] It was because of these newfound understandings–that religious commitment did not require me to suspend critical thinking, disengage from the battle for economic and social justice, or otherwise retreat from the world that I knew and loved–that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity United Church of Christ one day and be baptized. It came about as a choice and not an epiphany; the questions I had did not magically disappear. But kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side of Chicago, I felt God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth.[125]

Wow, E. He even spouts some of your shtick.

How's your search for His Truth coming these days?

Guitar Shark
01-23-2007, 08:30 PM
That he attended a Madrassa and was raised and educated as a Muslim, and that his Muslim stepfather gave him the name Hussein...

Where does this information come from?

LoungeMachine
01-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

The big 3 Networks.

Hannity, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh.

hideyoursheep
01-23-2007, 08:44 PM
DE PLANE BOSS, DE PLANE!!!!

LoungeMachine
01-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Great, I have a stalker.

Sorry fruitcup, I don't swing that way.

Let us know when you can actually post something on topic.

Mkay?

Lqskdiver
01-23-2007, 09:59 PM
He's obviously got you in his crosshairs, LM.

And geezuz, FORD, electronic trickery??! Fukin conspiracies abound when things don't go your way.

hideyoursheep
01-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Great, I have a stalker.

Sorry fruitcup, I don't swing that way.

Let us know when you can actually post something on topic.

Mkay?

I still love ya...

Mr.Montalban.:angel:

Nickdfresh
01-23-2007, 11:09 PM

Lying right wing "journalists."

Nickdfresh
01-23-2007, 11:13 PM

Actually fool, his "Madrassa" was a renowned Indonesian boarding school that featured typical Western style school uniforms, male and female teachers that were Christians as well as Muslims, and Christian students that attended Christian religious classes as their Muslim counterparts went to Islamic religious classes...

And weren't you raised and educated as a heretical, hedonistic druggie by your own strict definitions?

ELVIS
01-23-2007, 11:33 PM
All of the sudden you know all about Mr Obama's schooling in Indonesia...:rolleyes:

FORD
01-24-2007, 12:28 AM

Hillary Clinton campaign headquarters, more than likely.

ELVIS
01-24-2007, 12:33 AM
It's all over the net...

So FORD, you backing this guy or what ??

if so, tell me how he would benefit the country...

FORD
01-24-2007, 12:39 AM
I'm not backing anybody yet. I think Obama is a great speaker, and he's got a great vision of where this country should be going. That said, he's not all that experienced in national politics, and I'm not sure he's ready.

But I recognize these hate and slander campaigns against the man, because they're very similar to the shit they pulled on Howard Dean in 2003/2004. And this kind of slander politics is simply unacceptable.

To imply that a US senator, who has a realistic opportunity to be the first African American President of the United States (someday) is a terrorist - that is just beyond sickening. And you, as a Christian should be the first one to say so.

Come to think of it, isn't this how the Pharisees brought Jesus down? They slandered him, told lies about what He said and did, and eventually called Him a terrorist who was a danger to both the Roman and the Jewish puppet governments.

LoungeMachine
01-24-2007, 12:42 AM
All of the sudden you know all about Mr Obama's schooling in Indonesia...:rolleyes:

It's all over the net...

So FORD, you backing this guy or what ??

if so, tell me how he would benefit the country...

What a hypocritical piece of shit you are. :rolleyes:

You spread shit because it's "all over the net" as fact, roll your eyes, and mock Nick for doing his homework?

Fuck off, Pseudo-Christian Fraud.

Look what a "Born again Christian" has done as commander in chief the last 6 years.

He's been every terrorist's wet dream.

You stupid fuck.

ELVIS
01-24-2007, 01:32 AM
And this kind of slander politics is simply unacceptable.

But not when we're talking about President Bush though, right ??

To imply that a US senator, who has a realistic opportunity to be the first African American President of the United States (someday) is a terrorist - that is just beyond sickening. And you, as a Christian should be the first one to say so.

I agree with that, but I think any polititian (especially a presidential candidate) needs to be completely open, honest and upfront regarding his or her past or background...

On the bright side, Barak may be beneficial in keeping Hillary from being elected...

ELVIS
01-24-2007, 01:34 AM
And shut up Lounge, you're an idiot...

FORD
01-24-2007, 02:43 AM
What the Hell hasn't Obama been open and honest about? He's even admitting taking drugs when he was young and stupid. As opposed to Chimpy who gave cryptic and misleading answers despite the fact of his coke use being well known to half the country.

ELVIS
01-24-2007, 02:57 AM
He needs to say openly that he was raised as a Muslim early on in life and that he has since converted to Christianity, which seems to be the case...

But doing so could possibly endanger his life...

bueno bob
01-24-2007, 03:43 AM
JAKARTA, Indonesia (CNN) -- Allegations that Sen. Barack Obama was educated in a radical Muslim school known as a "madrassa" are not accurate, according to CNN reporting.

Insight Magazine, which is owned by the same company as The Washington Times, reported on its Web site last week that associates of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-New York, had unearthed information the Illinois Democrat and likely presidential candidate attended a Muslim religious school known for teaching the most fundamentalist form of Islam.

Obama lived in Indonesia as a child, from 1967 to 1971, with his mother and stepfather and has acknowledged attending a Muslim school, but an aide said it was not a madrassa. (Watch video of Obama's school )

Insight attributed the information in its article to an unnamed source, who said it was discovered by "researchers connected to Senator Clinton." A spokesman for Clinton, who is also weighing a White House bid, denied that the campaign was the source of the Obama claim.

He called the story "an obvious right-wing hit job."

Insight stood by its story in a response posted on its Web site Monday afternoon.

The Insight article was cited several times Friday on Fox News and was also referenced by the New York Post, The Glenn Beck program on CNN Headline News and a number of political blogs. (Watch how the Obama "gossip" spread )

School not a madrassa
But reporting by CNN in Jakarta, Indonesia and Washington, D.C., shows the allegations that Obama attended a madrassa to be false. CNN dispatched Senior International Correspondent John Vause to Jakarta to investigate.

He visited the Basuki school, which Obama attended from 1969 to 1971.

"This is a public school. We don't focus on religion," Hardi Priyono, deputy headmaster of the Basuki school, told Vause. "In our daily lives, we try to respect religion, but we don't give preferential treatment."

Vause reported he saw boys and girls dressed in neat school uniforms playing outside the school, while teachers were dressed in Western-style clothes.

"I came here to Barack Obama's elementary school in Jakarta looking for what some are calling an Islamic madrassa ... like the ones that teach hate and violence in Pakistan and Afghanistan," Vause said on the "Situation Room" Monday. "I've been to those madrassas in Pakistan ... this school is nothing like that."

Vause also interviewed one of Obama's Basuki classmates, Bandug Winadijanto, who claims that not a lot has changed at the school since the two men were pupils. Insight reported that Obama's political opponents believed the school promoted Wahhabism, a fundamentalist form of Islam, "and are seeking to prove it."

"It's not (an) Islamic school. It's general," Winadijanto said. "There is a lot of Christians, Buddhists, also Confucian. ... So that's a mixed school."

The Obama aide described Fox News' broadcasting of the Insight story "appallingly irresponsible."

Fox News executive Bill Shine told CNN "Reliable Sources" anchor Howard Kurtz that some of the network's hosts were simply expressing their opinions and repeatedly cited Insight as the source of the allegations.

Obama has noted in his two books, "Dreams From My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope," that he spent two years in a Muslim school and another two years in a Catholic school while living in Indonesia from age 6 to 10.

FORD
01-24-2007, 03:54 AM
The fucking MOONIES (owners of Insight Magazine and the Washingmoonie Times) are in no position to be criticizing anyone else's religious beliefs. :mad:

bueno bob
01-24-2007, 03:57 AM
Just on a personal opinion...I honestly don't think Hillary will come across personably enough to the general public to carry her into the White House.

Maybe an Edwards/Obama (or Obama/Edwards) ticket? Obama's presence could add the personability/charm that seemed a bit lacking from the Kerry/Edwards '04 campaign...

Just random thoughts/personal opinions, don't mind me...

bueno bob
01-24-2007, 03:58 AM
The fucking MOONIES (owners of Insight Magazine and the Washingmoonie Times) are in no position to be criticizing else's religious beliefs. :mad:

Well, particularly so when they're doing it on such threadbare "evidence" as what they had...

Kinda makes them look pretty pathetic.

ELVIS
01-24-2007, 04:14 AM
But wait, Nickdickbreath knew all about Barack attending a madrassa, so it's gotta be true...

LMAO!

Nickdfresh
01-24-2007, 04:51 AM
But wait, Nickdickbreath knew all about Barack attending a madrassa, so it's gotta be true...

LMAO!

Whoa! NurseJunkie is getting all pissy and shit.

Did we fall off the Jesus wagon again?

Well, I know your kind of a stupid hick, so I'll spell it out for you.

It wasn't really a "madrases," it's called a boarding school.

Nickdfresh
01-24-2007, 04:55 AM

That's because there was a story on CNN, where they actually checked the facts on what is little more than a smear...

Look at NurseFuckwit "bear false witness" against the "******."

Remember, "thou shall not lie."

Oh yeah, you're just a self-serving phonybalony...

[B]It's all over the net...

Oh, it must be true then!

FORD
01-24-2007, 04:57 AM
If you have had ANY whore media source on today, you heard the story.

That's how the BCE propaganda mill works....

1) Some moron right wing blogger from freerepublic.com or a similar site pulls a rumor completely out of his ass.

2) World Net Daily or the Moonies (right wing fringe media, considered barely legit, but highly biased) runs the story which gives it "credibility" with the right wing.

3) Hate radio runs with it, blasting it all over the radio from 6:00 AM until sundown.

4) FAUX News picks it up from WND/Moonies, never bothering to mention their source for the story.

5) CNN picks up the story, since if FAUX is running it, it must be true.

6) The networks pick it up, since they don't want CNN or FAUX to "scoop" them (Even if the story is fabricated horseshit)

By this time the story has been repeated enough that it is seen as "the truth" despite the lack of evidence to support it. That's a lesson they learned from the original fascists.....

"A lie repeated often enough becomes the truth" - Adolf Hitler

Nickdfresh
01-24-2007, 05:03 AM
Here's for the dummies like NurseElvis....

Surprise, surprise. Despite the right-wing's irresponsible and baseless rumormongering about Hillary Clinton "exposing" Barack Obama's "covered up" childhood at an Indonesian madrassa (where he was presumably indoctrinated in extremist Muslim teachings), it turns out that none of it is even remotely truthful. After checking out the veracity of the story — you know, a basic tenet of Journalism 101 — CNN blows the lid off of what a spokesman for Senator Clinton called "an obvious right-wing hit job."

video_wmv Download (http://www.crooksandliars.com/Media/Download/13761/1/TSR-Obama-Madrassa.wmv) (4255) | Play (2732) video_mov Download (http://www.crooksandliars.com/Media/Download/13761/2/TSR-Obama-Madrassa.mov) (1742) | Play (1586)

The only thing this story "exposes" is the anatomy of a right-wing hit job: Conservative Insight magazine runs an unverified story that the minions at FOX News then cite to smear politicians they don't like. And when it blows up in their faces, they claim they were just citing a source and wipe their hands clean. That's how right-wing "journalism" works.

CNN.com:

Insight Magazine, which is owned by the same company as The Washington Times, reported on its Web site last week that associates of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-New York, had unearthed information the Illinois Democrat and likely presidential candidate attended a Muslim religious school known for teaching the most fundamentalist form of Islam. Insight stood by its story in a response posted on its Web site Monday afternoon.

The Insight article was cited several times Friday on Fox News and was also referenced by the New York Post, The Glenn Beck program on CNN Headline News and a number of political blogs.

Fox News executive Bill Shine told CNN "Reliable Sources" anchor Howard Kurtz that some of the network's hosts were simply expressing their opinions and repeatedly cited Insight as the source of the allegations.

UPDATE: FOX backpeddles on Obama smear.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/category/the-senate/barack-obama/

ELVIS
01-24-2007, 05:10 AM
Is FORD the only person who can answer a question without personal attacks ??

Sorry Nick for making fun of your screen name. I mistakenly thought you could handle it...

I'm just wondering what is so great about Obama Barack...

Nickdfresh
01-24-2007, 05:12 AM
Is FORD the only person who can answer a question without personal attacks ??

Sorry Nick for making fun of your screen name. I mistakenly thought you could handle it...

I'm just wondering what is so great about Obama Barack...

Then wonder how great or bad he is for the right reasons, and not for slander...

I'm defending him as a politician, I think it's too early for him to be running. But this kind of "hit-job" shit is what has ruined the American political discourse.

ELVIS
01-24-2007, 06:46 AM
Which you're clearly above...:rolleyes:

Ellyllions
01-24-2007, 08:00 AM
SNL had a great skit about Hillary last week. I was surprised to find SNL even doing a skit that wasn't putting Hillary as the "second coming".

At any rate, voting Hillary in would be no better than having Bush another 4 years. She's a woman with a vendetta...well, several of them. And being a woman myself, I know that when I have a vendetta EVERYBODY pays. Not just the folk whom I need to serve some sweet justice, but everybody across the board.

But, Obama running is going to be very interesting. I want to see how many time I hear a Democrat talk about Obama's skin color. I want to see how "open" the "party of the people" truly are. Because this little test of having a woman and a black man as possible firsts in the White House will bring the vultures out for sure.

So far, Obama has my attention and I'm a republican.

LoungeMachine
01-24-2007, 09:20 AM
And shut up Lounge, you're an idiot...

LMAO

You really hate it when your hypocrisy is exposed. :D

So, again, I say...

GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

Fucking moron.

ELVIS
01-24-2007, 10:46 AM
No wonder POJO asked if FORD and I would like to be mods here again...

LoungeMachine
01-24-2007, 10:52 AM

hideyoursheep
01-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
LMAO

You really hate it when your hypocrisy is exposed. :D
So, again, I say...
GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU PIECE OF SHIT.
Fucking moron.

.......someboby's having a bad day....... :cry:

The Clinton twins/Obama '08(you know you'll get 2 for 1)

or
McCain/Powell '08

Who else you gonna pass this shit baton of Iraq off to?

Bush is a retard!!! Just say "no" to Jeb.

Yours truly,
Karl "The Brain"Rove

Nickdfresh
01-24-2007, 06:00 PM

Then you could not log in again for about six months.:)

FORD
01-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Then you could not log in again for about six months.:)

Of course that wouldn't be so bad :D

Dr. Love
01-24-2007, 09:39 PM

Is there a direct link between your imagination and your fingers, or did you actually think before posting that? ;)

FORD
01-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Dean's Infamous Scream Was Media Fraud

Tallahassee Democrat | 02/23/2005 | 'Dean Scream' clip was media fraud

...In fact the Dean Scream was a fraud, probably the clearest instance of media assassination in recent U.S. political history. Last year, a young cable news producer attended one of our twice-yearly Ethics Institutes at Washington and Lee University, in which students and journalists gather to discuss newsroom wrongdoing. He brought two clips.

The first was the familiar pool footage of Dean in Iowa. The candidate filled the screen, no supporters were visible. Crowd noise was silenced by the microphone he held, which deadened ambient sounds. You saw only him and heard only his inexplicable screaming.

The second clip was the same speech taped by a supporter on the floor of the hall. The difference was stunning. The place was packed. The noise was deafening. Dean was on the podium, but you couldn't hear him. The roar from his supporters was drowning him out.

Dean was no longer scary, unhinged, volcanic, over the top. He was like the coach of a would-be championship NCAA football team at a pre-game rally, trying to be heard over a gym full of determined, wildly enthusiastic fans. I saw energy, not lunacy.

The difference was context. As psychiatrist R.D. Laing once wrote: We see a woman on her knees, eyes closed, muttering to someone who isn't there. Of course, she's praying. But if we deny her that context, we naturally conclude she's insane.

The Dean Scream footage that was repeatedly aired rests on a similar falsehood. It takes a man who in context was acting reasonably, and by stripping away that context transforms him into a lunatic.

But that clip was aired an estimated 700 times on various cable and broadcast channels in the week after the Iowa caucus. The people who showed that clip are far more technically sophisticated than I and had to understand how tight visual framing and noise-suppression hardware can distort reality.

pflo
01-25-2007, 12:06 AM
why dont they just shoot all religious people? Then they can all be happy with their gods, and we we will no longer have to waste our precious time dealing with their bullshit? :)

pflo
01-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Just on a personal opinion...I honestly don't think Hillary will come across personably enough to the general public to carry her into the White House.

Maybe an Edwards/Obama (or Obama/Edwards) ticket? Obama's presence could add the personability/charm that seemed a bit lacking from the Kerry/Edwards '04 campaign...

Just random thoughts/personal opinions, don't mind me... Yeah, vote for personality.Worked great the last two times.

Dr. Love
01-25-2007, 01:13 AM
I do think it was overplayed, but I'm not sure I buy into the intentionally magnified.

But I do enjoy a good yeeeeaaaarrrrrgh!!! every now and again.

Nitro Express
01-25-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm tired and wary of another relative of a former president being presidnet. I'll be glad for the Bush dynasty to be over with, we don't need a Clinton dynasty.

Al Gore would probably be the best Democratic candidate but I don't think he's going to run. He's got some good things going for himself now and who wants to screw that up with being the president? Not an easy job and look at all the problems the new president will inherit. I just think Gore isn't up to it.

Rudy Guliani would be a liberal Republican president and he did an excellent job bringing New York City back and handling the 9/11 crisis. I just don't agree with his view on the war.

McCain has been too lax in the border security issue in his home state.

Edwards is an abulance chaser.

Mit Romney did a good job fixing the SLC Olympic scandal and I even know a relative of his. He ran for govenor being pro-choice but he's running for president being anti-abortion. Plus, he's a Mormon and we will have a black, female president before we have a Mormon president.

Nitro Express
01-25-2007, 02:45 AM
I see it being a close race between Hillary Clinton and Rudy Gulianni.

FORD
01-25-2007, 05:06 AM
Rudy is ass deep in the 9-11 coverup and his buddy Bernie Kerik is in even deeper than that. No way in Hell is that bastard getting elected on my watch!

Nickdfresh
01-25-2007, 05:25 AM
Rudy is ass deep in the 9-11 coverup and his buddy Bernie Kerik is in even deeper than that. No way in Hell is that bastard getting elected on my watch!

No. No he's not Ford. Not being a member of al QAEDA, he had nothing to do with 9/11...:)

But it is pretty funny that the same people that slam Obama for his inexperience want a guy whose basic political background is as mayor of NYC...

FORD
01-25-2007, 06:18 AM
When you haul evidence away from a crime scene and ship it off to China before a proper investigation is done, that's a coverup. If you are unwilling to answer questions about why a third building (not hit by planes) was demolished - and that building just happenned to contain your own personal "emergency bunker", that's a coverup.

Doesn't mean he was holding a remote control joystick controlling the planes, but it is significant enough to make him completely ineligible to lead this country.

BigBadBrian
01-25-2007, 07:28 AM

But it is pretty funny that the same people that slam Obama for his inexperience want a guy whose basic political background is as mayor of NYC...

Neither one has had national experience for very long. That's a plus in my book.

BigBadBrian
01-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by pflo
Yeah, vote for personality.Worked great the last two times.

Shut up, Canuck! You can chime in on American politics when we ring your bell. Just do your part in being our lackey. Now SUBMIT!!!!

:cool:

pflo
01-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Shut up, Canuck! You can chime in on American politics when we ring your bell. Just do your part in being our lackey. Now SUBMIT!!!!

:cool: Sure thing, champ. One provision, though. All us outsiders will refrain from comment on your supremely honorable political situation down there when you remove your evil political tentacles (and troops) from ALL other countries which are not allowed to participate in your political process.That includes Japan, Iraq, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Micronesia, Germany etc. Until then, you will TAKE my comments as the gospel. Pay attention now, Sparky, and you will learn.:monkey:

Nickdfresh
01-25-2007, 10:02 PM
When you haul evidence away from a crime scene and ship it off to China before a proper investigation is done, that's a coverup. If you are unwilling to answer questions about why a third building (not hit by planes) was demolished - and that building just happenned to contain your own personal "emergency bunker", that's a coverup.

Doesn't mean he was holding a remote control joystick controlling the planes, but it is significant enough to make him completely ineligible to lead this country.

China, New Jersey? :)

And incompetence by prematurely clearing a crime scene (which he unquestionably did) is not murder...

LoungeMachine
01-25-2007, 10:23 PM
China, New Jersey? :)

World Trade Center Scrap Metal Heads to India and China

Jan 22, 2002 12:00 PM
Danielle Jackson

New York -- Steel from the World Trade Center (WTC) wreckage has been sent to India and China to be used for recycling and new construction projects.

New York's Metal Management, one of the firms taking steel to clear the area, has said it bought 70,000 tons of scrap metal from the twin towers, some of which has been shipped to Southeast Asia. But according to Metal Management, not all of the WTC metal will end up across the globe: the city will keep some metal for a memorial to those killed on Sept. 11.

bueno bob
01-26-2007, 03:50 AM
Yeah, vote for personality. Worked great the last two times.

Did I ever accuse Bush of having personality?

No, the real problem with the last two elections is that they went to a Republican named Bush.

pflo
01-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Bush (barely) won last time because a lot of dumb middle american nascar-and church going voters thought Kerry was stiff and unpersonal.Which he was.But, if you watch the three debates they had, it is extremely fuckin clear who won. So why did Bush win? He can crack jokes and had dowm home appeal. The problem with democracies is stupid people have more kids than smart people. Therefor , more stupid voters. You should have to complete an aptitude test before you vote. Canada is in the same boat. The morons got out and voted last time.

Angel
01-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Canada is in the same boat. The morons got out and voted last time.

He'll be gone sometime next year, pflo... We've taught the Lib's their lesson...

BigBadBrian
01-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Bush (barely) won last time because a lot of dumb middle american nascar-and church going voters thought Kerry was stiff and unpersonal.Which he was.But, if you watch the three debates they had, it is extremely fuckin clear who won. So why did Bush win? He can crack jokes and had dowm home appeal. The problem with democracies is stupid people have more kids than smart people. Therefor , more stupid voters. You should have to complete an aptitude test before you vote. Canada is in the same boat. The morons got out and voted last time.

You have a wonderful outlook on your fellow man, you self-righteous, elitist dickweed. People like you drive the masses to conservative candidates by the thousands. Keep up the good work.

:cool: