PDA

View Full Version : On The Brink of the SOTU address....

LoungeMachine
01-23-2007, 10:20 AM
One year after his famous "America is addicted to oil" sound bite..........

What has BushCO done about it?

What has BushCO done about immigration since the last State of the Union?

Why will tonight's stump speech be any different?

Will we hear about how Iran has recently tried to obtain yellow cake from Niger?

Let the BushCO BullSHIT continue.....

Nickdfresh
01-23-2007, 06:28 PM
I wonder what's on the agenda tonight?

How many ways he's going to get own3d by Jim Webb?

LoungeMachine
01-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Let's count the number of times he warns us about the gathering danger of Iran, which could result in a mushroom cloud.

I don't think he'll be able to invoke his favorite chestnut, 9/11 as much this time.

The over/under is 6.

ODShowtime
01-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Let's count the number of times he warns us about the gathering danger of Iran, which could result in a mushroom cloud.

I don't think he'll be able to invoke his favorite chestnut, 9/11 as much this time.

The over/under is 6.

No way. If he's gearing up for a real war with Iran, there'll be many 9-11 references.

It's like when warham resorts to "but clintons."

It's his happy place.

twonabomber
01-23-2007, 09:01 PM
hey, NBC has it in HD! watch the flop sweat in stunning High Def!

twonabomber
01-23-2007, 09:23 PM
goddamn that's a scary lookin' woman.

ODShowtime
01-23-2007, 09:57 PM
4,000 more Marines? I'm sure that's on top of the 21,000 soldiers he pledged awhile back.

So it's really 25,000 more troops...

Lqskdiver
01-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
4,000 more Marines? I'm sure that's on top of the 21,000 soldiers he pledged awhile back.

So it's really 25,000 more troops...

It's called a VOLUNTEER Armed Forces.

FORD
01-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver

And who in their right mind is going to volunteer for this shit now??

A lot of young sounding Freeper types calling C-SPAN and giving Chimpy verbal blowjobs right now, but you can bet none of those little pussies will be inspired enough by Herr Chimpenfűhrer's rant to report to the recruiting office tomorrow morning.

Nickdfresh
01-23-2007, 11:01 PM

And it's also called the ONE YOU NEVER VOLUNTEERED in Armed Forces...

bueno bob
01-24-2007, 04:04 AM
"Give it a chance to work"... :rolleyes:

Guess we'll just send off more meat to the grinder until it does, then?

Who in the fuck is he kidding?

Nickdfresh
01-24-2007, 05:05 AM
What a shitty address...

ODShowtime
01-24-2007, 06:51 AM

What an irrelavent retort you've shared with us!

So I guess if gw ordered them to just martch into the sea you'd say the same thing :rolleyes:

And don't tell me about volunteers. My boss just got shipped to Afghanistan for 1 1/2 years and he's in his 19th year of a 20 reserve. 38 years old. NAVY. They have him on the ground training the Afghan army. Yeah, he volunteered for that :rolleyes:

ODShowtime
01-24-2007, 06:53 AM
It was interesting how gw tried to show his new knowledge of sunnis and shias an all that shit. Too bad he didn't know about that 4 years ago.

It was definitely not his worst speach. But it was still BS.

bueno bob
01-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
It was interesting how gw tried to show his new knowledge of sunnis and shias an all that shit. Too bad he didn't know about that 4 years ago.

It was definitely not his worst speach. But it was still BS.

I'm inclined to slightly disagree...because EVERY Bush speech counts as his worst...

:)

Hardrock69
01-24-2007, 09:09 AM
He STILL wants a fucking guest worker program.

FUCK THAT FUCKING SHIT!!
:mad:

ROUND UP ALL THE GODDAMNED ILLEGAL ALIENS AND SHIP THEM BACK WHERE THEY FUCKING CAME FROM!!!!

If they want to work in the U.S. that bad, they can enter the country legally and take part in the American Dream.

As it stands now, they are all fucking CRIMINALS!

Other than that issue, what has changed? He opened his mouth and a river of shit came out of it and flooded the building...
:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
01-24-2007, 09:39 AM
I noticed a lot less smirking...

He wasn't as condescending as previous speeches, either.

It was still 80% self-serving bullshit, but not as bad as previous SOTU he's delivered. [axis of evil, addicted to oil, etc]

I think getting thumped in November rattled him a bit.

His circle of friends is now down to Barnie and one of the cooks.

If he's not officially a LAME duck yet, he's at the very least hobbled some.

But January, 2009 cannot come fast enough.

LoungeMachine
01-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

FUCK THAT FUCKING SHIT!!

Like it even matters what HE "wants"

His own fucking party can't get it togehter over immigration.

LoungeMachine
01-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Almost forgot one.....

Gotta love Bush calling out Congress over earmarks, and uncontrolled spending.....

IT'S BEEN A REPUBLICAN LED CONGRESS, FULL OF GRAFT AND CORRUPTION, THAT YOU NEVER VETOED ONCE, MORON.

Ellyllions
01-24-2007, 09:57 AM
On a side note....did anyone else notice Cheney trying desperately to stfu a giggle? I saw him just about crack completely up once during the speech. Wonder what was going on behind the camera?

LoungeMachine
01-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
On a side note....did anyone else notice Cheney trying desperately to stfu a giggle? I saw him just about crack completely up once during the speech. Wonder what was going on behind the camera?

He was reading the transcript of the opening remarks in Scooter's trial.

Cheney loves a good lie.

Ellyllions
01-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Yeah, he's in a bit of a pickle isn't he....oh well, nothing like a Washington Scandal to keep things interesting, eh?

I mean why not play around with the trust of the people? Makes the day interesting. Better than the boring work of pesky day-to-day rituals like reading Legislation, trying to save manufacturing jobs in the country...you know, mundane work like that.

Ellyllions
01-24-2007, 10:08 AM
I think it was Pelosi's "old lady" perfume that was cracking him up. Either that or he could hear her "queefs" through her support hose.

Steve Savicki
01-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Bush went from Red to Green:

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1581789,00.html

Say what you will about President George W. Bush. But he is a savvy enough politician to recognize that with a political stinker of a war at his back and a chops-licking Democratic majority in front of him, he had to offer up something in tonight's State of the Union address to buy a little good will. And that is exactly what he did with his decidedly out-of-character calls for better fuel economy, stepped-up production of alternative energy and a whole pupu platter of green-sounding goodies. It was enough to make you wonder if the war President steeped in Texas oil has suddenly become a bit of an eco President. Don't count on it. But don't count it out either.

In tonight's State of the Union, the President will try to lighten the public's sour mood by taking a tip from the last administration that seemed beyond salvation

The President signaled that this speech would mark a new environmental direction for him both with something he said and something he didn't say. The thing he didn't say was ANWR — or Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. That's the place the Administration and the energy industry have wanted to get their drills into for years in order to boost domestic energy production. It's also the place environmentalists have been fighting just as fiercely to keep off limits. The symbolic significance of the battle always far exceeded the relatively small amount of oil locked up there, and the President's omission of any mention of ANWR tonight was his first admission that this has become a losing hand for him.

What Bush did say tonight—loudly, clearly and in a more auspicious venue than he ever had before—were the words "climate change," acknowledging that the battle to reverse it must lie at the center of everything the U.S. does about energy from now on.

So what then exactly does he intend to do? For one thing, the President said, he wants to see us diversify our energy choices, greatly expanding the use of clean coal, solar, wind and nuclear power and biofuels. He also wants to see stepped-up research into improved batteries for hybrid cars.

All this sounds fine, but it's also a little like campaigning for delicious, low-fat cake. Who's going to disagree? Greens love anything clean and renewable and have even, for the most part, come around to the virtues of nuclear power, providing strict safety standards can be maintained and someone can figure out what to do with the waste. The energy industry loves nukes and clean coal, and if they have to make a little room at the table for windmills and solar panels, well, that can't hurt too much. Plus, Bush also called for doubling the size of the nation's strategic energy reserve, boosting oil demand by putting the government in line for a massive fill-up on the federal credit card.

What the President didn't do after all this ambitious call to arms was put forward any serious ideas — or even any unserious ones — about how to make it happen. Remember all that talk about hydrogen cars? Get yours yet? No, and you're not likely to for a very long time either.

More surprising, not to mention more encouraging, was Bush's announced goal of reducing gasoline use by 20% in 10 years — the equivalent of three-quarters of all the oil we import today from the Middle East — and supplementing this savings by flowing 35 billion gallons of renewable fuels into the national energy pool by 2017.

That's five times the current renewable fuel goal.

All of this would be a bold call for any President, all the more so for one who came so late to the conservation game. But again, the substance is lacking, at least so far. It's one thing to call for a 20% savings in fuel; it's quite another thing to demand the hard, politically costly choices to make that happen, such as a pump tax with real bite or a significant increase in mandatory mileage standards. Bush did call generally for fuel economy improvements, but if he really wants them he doesn't have to request them; he can, for practical purposes, regulate the new rules into being. If he doesn't, it's because he doesn't want to, at least not yet.

Still, in the green arena, Bush has always been a President you have to grade on a generous curve, and in that respect, tonight's speech earns him a solid B. Perhaps his apparent green conversion is just a calculated ploy to win some much-needed good press. But it's also true that the last two years of a badly cratering Presidency can be a time of unexpected clarity; the less you have to lose, the less you have to fear. And the first step in tackling anything as scary as global warming is admitting you have a problem in the first place.

Lqskdiver
01-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by FORD
And who in their right mind is going to volunteer for this shit now??

I know of some and would not question their frame of mind.

And it was irrelavent to the topic, but I still felt it needed reminding.

Folx join for different different reason. But I wouldn't go so far as to call them ignorant, stupid and out of their mind.

StretchOnBass
01-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Israel and the United States will soon be destroyed, Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday during a meeting with Syria's foreign minister, the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) website said in a report.

"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad… assured that the United States and the Zionist regime of Israel will soon come to the end of their lives," the Iranian president was quoted as saying.

GET nUKE INSURANCE NOW. Call your allstate man.

StretchOnBass
01-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Now N. Korea is inviting Iranian scientists to learn about the bomb and underground testing.

Is anyone listening??

FORD
01-24-2007, 01:53 PM

It's all over the radio this morning that many people noticed Uncle Dick popping some pills during the speech. Even Chimpy sounds funny on Oxycontin. Just ask Limbaugh.

FORD
01-24-2007, 01:55 PM
I know of some and would not question their frame of mind.

And it was irrelavent to the topic, but I still felt it needed reminding.

Folx join for different different reason. But I wouldn't go so far as to call them ignorant, stupid and out of their mind.

If they're from Texas, I might. Y'all actually voted for that Chimp FOUR times! :confused:

FORD
01-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by StretchOnBass
Israel and the United States will soon be destroyed, Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday during a meeting with Syria's foreign minister, the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) website said in a report.

"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad… assured that the United States and the Zionist regime of Israel will soon come to the end of their lives," the Iranian president was quoted as saying.

GET nUKE INSURANCE NOW. Call your allstate man.

Source?

Let me guess.... Jerusalem Post? Y-idiot.com? Daniel "Crack" Pipes' "Memri" propaganda front??

Ellyllions
01-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by FORD
It's all over the radio this morning that many people noticed Uncle Dick popping some pills during the speech. Even Chimpy sounds funny on Oxycontin. Just ask Limbaugh.

There was one shot that was looking in from the left side of the President. It was during a point when he'd said something very serious and one of those "applause breaks"...well in the camera shot you could see Bush, Cheney, and Pelosi. All three of them were laughing. When the camera in front was back on que, none of them were even so much as grinning.

Something damn funny was going on close to the front. I was beginning to wonder if there was a girl under Bush's podium.

knuckleboner
01-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

FUCK THAT FUCKING SHIT!!

ROUND UP ALL THE GODDAMNED ILLEGAL ALIENS AND SHIP THEM BACK WHERE THEY FUCKING CAME FROM!!!!

not possible. there are, what, 10-20 million illegal aliens? 10 to 20 MILLION. logistically impossible to round everyone up and deport them. and a finanical nightmare. a) WAY too expensive to do. b) even if we were successful, it would wreck the economy (at least in the short term) as we lost millions, MILLIONS of hotel workers, hospital workers, restaurant workers, janitorial staff, etc.

the only real way to go is to have some sort of guest worker (amnesty by any other name) program. make it relatively simple to obtain a guest worker card; though you will have to begin paying a fee. but you have a limited time to apply. once you miss that time, there is no leniency; you will be deported as a criminal.

of course, amnesty is meaningless without actual border security. simply giving amnesty, like clinton, and then leaving the borders unattended is worthless. the problem will quickly reoccur.

but if you actually work to better secure the borders, then a...guest worker...program is probably in the best interest of Americans.

Little Texan
01-25-2007, 12:08 AM
There was one shot that was looking in from the left side of the President. It was during a point when he'd said something very serious and one of those "applause breaks"...well in the camera shot you could see Bush, Cheney, and Pelosi. All three of them were laughing. When the camera in front was back on que, none of them were even so much as grinning.

Something damn funny was going on close to the front. I was beginning to wonder if there was a girl under Bush's podium.

Naw, one or more of them had gas, and they were all having a farting contest during the speech! I saw Pelosi with a frown on her face a few times, so one of them must've been pretty ripe!

Nickdfresh
01-25-2007, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
not possible. there are, what, 10-20 million illegal aliens? 10 to 20 MILLION. logistically impossible to round everyone up and deport them. and a finanical nightmare. a) WAY too expensive to do. b) even if we were successful, it would wreck the economy (at least in the short term) as we lost millions, MILLIONS of hotel workers, hospital workers, restaurant workers, janitorial staff, etc.

the only real way to go is to have some sort of guest worker (amnesty by any other name) program. make it relatively simple to obtain a guest worker card; though you will have to begin paying a fee. but you have a limited time to apply. once you miss that time, there is no leniency; you will be deported as a criminal.

of course, amnesty is meaningless without actual border security. simply giving amnesty, like clinton, and then leaving the borders unattended is worthless. the problem will quickly reoccur.

but if you actually work to better secure the borders, then a...guest worker...program is probably in the best interest of Americans.

Exactly. :cool:

VHrocks
01-25-2007, 06:27 AM
Here is the State Of The Union address in case you missed it:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NqE_baKKkRI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NqE_baKKkRI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BigBadBrian
01-25-2007, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by knuckleboner

I can agree with this plan, but I don't want to see any "guest workers" gaining their citizenship before lawful immigrants. That would just SUCK.

knuckleboner
01-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Originially posted by BigBadBrian
I can agree with this plan, but I don't want to see any "guest workers" gaining their citizenship before lawful immigrants. That would just SUCK.

i'm fine with that. make the guest worker program a different track. if it takes 10 years under a normal visa/green card to become eligible for citizenship, make the guest worker program take 15.

and while i don't want to kill them with the fees (primarily because at some point, if the fees are too high, they have the incentive to just take their chances on not registering and getting deported), i'd like to see if we can't at least set the amount at a level expected to cover the adminstration of the new guest worker program.

so let's get this thing done. you cosponsoring?...:D