PDA

View Full Version : Fenway or Wrigley?

Bob_R
04-24-2004, 12:13 PM
Fenway Park or Wrigley Field? Has anyone been to either or both? Which park is better? Seating, atomsphere, etc. etc.

Lou
04-24-2004, 02:38 PM
Sorry to offend anyone but I wasn't impressed in the least bit with Fenway. I didn't see much charm in it, it just felt old. Hope to see Wrigley some day.

Dave's PA Rental
04-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Goddamit Lou! Maybe if you were FUCKING BORN back in the day and WERE THERE IN PERSON TO APPRECIATE how FUCKING AWESOME FEN...oh, whoops! Sorry, for a second I thought that I was Brett...;)

Come on man, Fenway rules!

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 03:02 PM
I've been to both...

and they are similar in a couple of respect...you walk into them expecting history...and you get it...you feel like you are walking on sacred ground...no doubt about it...

After you get past that...I concur with Lou...Fenway feels old...like it needs to be fixed...

Wrigley is fucking beautiful...definately feels like an old park...but looks majestic inside and out...

Fenway does look old...in my opinion...it needs hosed down or something...

Lou
04-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Why is Yankee Stadium left out of this thread anyway? I've never been there, any thoughts on that?

Bob_R
04-24-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Why is Yankee Stadium left out of this thread anyway? I've never been there, any thoughts on that?

I just wanted to know about those two old, dingy parks. Yankee Stadium is beautiful and alot larger than those 2.

Dave's PA Rental
04-24-2004, 08:38 PM
If you havent been to Fenway since the Henry/Luchino/Warner group took over, you missed alot. They have made INCREDIBLE improvements to that place...

AND they hose it down now after each game! (I work there, so I know.)

I was at Yankee Stadium once. Absolutely beautiful...this coming from a Red Sox fan.

There's just something about Fenway though...feels like an old friend.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Well, I have to tell you...having been to all three...Yankee stadium doesn't feel like an 80 year old stadium...and in reality...it's not...

having been completely renovated several times...including in the early 70's I believe...when the Yanks played a season at Shea...if I'm not mistaken...

it's a great ballpark...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2004, 10:57 PM
I haven't been to Fenway in a few years...so I'm sure it's improved...I like the Monster seats...and they added more this year didn't they?

BITEYOASS
04-24-2004, 10:59 PM
I'd have to go with the old Tiger Stadium! It was old, but unlike fenway park and wrigley field, at least couple world series were won in the past 40 years. One thing I can say is that whenever the Tigers were in a losing season or if you got there early enough, you could park right next to the damn stadium!!! Even though it was a dirt lot and the vehicles were prone to vandalism and theft.

BITEYOASS
04-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Maybe If wrigley wasn't situated next to Lake Michigan and Fenway got rid of that Damn tall-ass fence, then they'd probably win a world series. another good thing is that a chain link fence on the outfield kept a fan from stealing a ball from the outfielder, try that at wrigley.

POJO_Risin
04-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Are we going to open this up to stadiums blown up?...

I thought it was existing stadiums...

I liked old Tiger Stadium...wasn't many parks you could upper deck it every time...

DLRismydad
04-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Wrigly truely is a great place to take in a game. Something a bout that ivey gives it an extra charm

BITEYOASS
04-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by DLRismydad
Wrigly truely is a great place to take in a game. Something a bout that ivey gives it an extra charm

Or extra errors!

High Life Man
04-26-2004, 01:31 PM
I've been to all three as well.

Yankee Stadium - kinda crappy, large crowd, could feel the ghosts.

Fenway - shithole. Outfield seats are all cramped together. I can say I've been there, but it's like putting an old dog to sleep, eventually you have to do it. The Garden's gone, now do the same with Fenway. Oh yeah, they old let you get 2 beers at a time.

Wrigley - hands down the best ballpark. The atmosphere, the ivy, the neighborhood, the organ music, the $7 Old Styles, Murphy's Bleachers. A great way to spend a Saturday afternoon Arlington runs a close second.