View Full Version : Eat Sh*t and Die Desert Boy

VanHalener
01-28-2007, 10:58 PM
New York Times

Iranian Reveals Plan to Expand Role in Iraq

Article Tools Sponsored By
By JAMES GLANZ
Published: January 29, 2007

BAGHDAD, Jan. 28 — Iran’s ambassador to Baghdad outlined an ambitious plan on Sunday to greatly expand its economic and military ties with Iraq — including an Iranian national bank branch in the heart of the capital — that will almost certainly bring Iran into further conflict with American forces who have detained a number of Iranian operatives here in recent weeks.

The ambassador, Hassan Kazemi Qumi, said Iran was prepared to offer Iraqi forces training, equipment and advisers for what he called “the security fight.” In the economic area, Mr. Qumi said, Iran was ready to assume major responsibility for the reconstruction of Iraq, an area of notable failure on the part of the United States since American-led forces overthrew Saddam Hussein in the invasion nearly four years ago.

Mr. Qumi also acknowledged, for the first time, that two Iranians seized and later released by American forces last month were security officials, as the United States had claimed. But he said that they were engaged in legitimate discussions with the Iraqi government and should not have been detained.

Mr. Qumi’s remarks, in a 90-minute interview over tea and large Iranian pistachio nuts at the Iranian Embassy here, amounted to the most authoritative and substantive response the Iranians have made yet to increasingly belligerent accusations by the Bush administration that Iran is acting against American interests in Iraq. President Bush has said the American military is authorized to take whatever action necessary against Iranians in Iraq found to be engaged in actions deemed hostile...

see link for complete story

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/29/world/middleeast/29iranians.html?ex=1327726800&en=d3fb6dc92d6ba241&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

"...Finally, as the interview was breaking up, Mr. Qumi called upon a bit of humor to make one last stab at the Americans. If Iran is allowed to undertake reconstruction activities in Iraq, he said, all international construction companies would be welcome. “Urge the American companies to come here,” he said before his advisers swept him out of the room."

F*#K Iran :fu:

NightProwler
01-28-2007, 11:01 PM
you could always go over there and show them how it's done.

LMAO

LoungeMachine
01-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by vanhalener

BAGHDAD, Jan. 28 — Iran’s ambassador to Baghdad outlined an ambitious plan on Sunday to greatly expand its economic and military ties with Iraq — including an Iranian national bank branch in the heart of the capital —

Will they be entering with Shock and Awe ???

Will their Mission be Accomplished ???

Will they be building 14 permanent military bases ???

How about the world's largest embassey ???

What't the matter, don't like BushCO and Halliburton getting competition?

How come you're not pissed at Iraq over this?

Could Iran buid a bank without their blessing?

Think about it.

VanHalener
01-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by NightProwler
you could always go over there and show them how it's done.

LMAO

:lol: you're a funny guy NIGHTPROWLER...Glad you can take time from your busy on line schedule to toss in your 2 cents. Have some Stars!:rockit2:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6I3W3eb7SY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6I3W3eb7SY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Will they be entering with Shock and Awe ???

Will their Mission be Accomplished ???

Will they be building 14 permanent military bases ???

How about the world's largest embassey ???

What't the matter, don't like BushCO and Halliburton getting competition?

How come you're not pissed at Iraq over this?

Could Iran buid a bank without their blessing?

Think about it.

If I'm not mistaken I'm already pissed at Iraq. This is yet another straw upon the camels back.

hideyoursheep
01-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Ali-Mart opens across the street from Halliburton.Nice.Watch your back.KBR!

Nothing wrong with some competitive buisness.Good for the consumer,you know.
I like how Iran makes the subtle reference to the 8 year war;"we have experience in rebuilding after war."

The sunnis are gonna love this.
Stay tuned.

pflo
01-30-2007, 09:33 PM
why is the US in Iraq?:confused:On the map it says that the USA is in North America. Iraq is way on the other side of my globe. Maybe my globe is wrong. Weird.