PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe it...

Coyote
01-29-2007, 07:08 AM
www.kramerguitars.com

Nitro Express
01-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Looks like they are planning on expanding the brand into dealerships.

The collectability and demand for the originals has never been higher and I don't know why. They were gay guitars. The only cool one where the ones Ed played.

mako_kimura
01-29-2007, 04:20 PM
I've always thought the old Kramer Pacers with the Floyd trem was always cool, ever since I saw Reb Beach use one. It's good to see Kramer's finally getting itself back together.

jhale667
01-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Where have you guys been? They've been back for a couple of years now...;)

jackassrock
01-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Where have you guys been. They've been owned by Gibson for many years now.

BrownSound1
01-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Yeah, this ain't nothing new.

Kramers were great guitars IMHO. Of course you can't please everyone, some people think 5150s are good amps.

mott98
01-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Werent they always marketed on MusicYo? I had never run across an actual Kramer website for the current product until this was posted today.

Smart move on Gibsons part. If Ed and Fender-Charvel are going to drum up interest in Eddie's past guitars, why not jump in---especially since Fender goes to so much trouble in their new literature to avoid the whole point that Eddie thought Fenders sounded too thin -- and he used Gibson pickups and Gibson frets.

Nitro Express
01-30-2007, 01:15 AM
I know Gibson was marketing Kramer through their Musicyo.com mail-order site. Now they have a dedicated site for Kramer.

I thought those double neck guitars Kramer made for EVH were cool. He played them during the Diver Down tour.

I owned a USA made Barretta and it was one of the worst guitars I owned. I played the musicyo 1984 Kramer and it sounded like shit and I hated it.

The old Pacers looks kind of cool.

Kramer just tottaly became a Asian sell-out company selling gay shit like the Striker and that pointy headstock is god awful!. Richard Simmons should play one in Sammy's new band!

Ed never really played Kramers. He made his own stuff. There never was an EVH model. I never got the endorsement.

What makes me hard is old Charvel stuff. The San Dimas models. Now those were good guitars!

Nitro Express
01-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Remeber the Red Rocker Kramer Sammy played during "Live Without a Net"? Ha! Ha! Ha! It gets no gayer! Mommy. I want a Red Rocker Barretta and a Crate Red Voodoo amp! I have money off coupons I got from my McDonalds Happy Meal.

Nitro Express
01-30-2007, 01:26 AM
The Gibson brand sure has gone downhill. The fret and binding work on some of the new USA made Les Pauls is horrible! It's actually better on the Epiphone guitars. But those are shit in their own regard.

The Epiphone amps seem to be a bargain.

I'm sure the Gibson Custom Shop does nice work but holly hell do you pay for that!

To me, it just seems their off the shelf stuff has gone downhill and Gibson is the type of company that forces their dealers to carry X amount of merchandise to keep the franchise. Not cool. They sure like to masturbate with the Gibson brandname. How about some good guitars for a fair price? I'm tired of the $2,300 guitars that need fret dressing off the rack. What the fuck?

mako_kimura
01-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Honestly, I think with the Superstrats on the rise again, I think Kramer might get kind of big again. Obviously not as big as Jackson, B.C. Rich, Dean, and Ibanez, but still pretty damn close. But honestly, the new Striker plays pretty well, I like it.