PDA

View Full Version : Dead Or Alive singer sues plastic surgeon

PHOENIX
01-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Dead Or Alive singer sues plastic surgeon

01/25/2007 2:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
Lyndsey Parker

Pete Burns, the flamboyant lead singer '80s band Dead Or Alive, has filed a lawsuit against a London plastic surgeon for allegedly making him look "physically repulsive."

The androgynous frontman, most famous for the hit "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)," claims Dr. Maurizio Viel performed a terrible job on his lip augmentation procedure at the London Center For Aesthetic Surgery. Burns's suit complains of swelling, blistering, discharge, and impaired ability to eat, drink, or talk. He claims the damage was so extreme that at one point it looked like his lips would actually need to be surgically removed.

Burns claims to have undergone more than 100 operations over the past year and a half to reconstruct his allegedly botched face.

Said Burns in a statement: "What happened to me after a series of injections was far worse than any nightmare I could have envisioned. Not only was it agonizingly painful but it was physically repulsive in the extreme. It was impossible to lead any life whatsoever. I was unable to leave my house as I was so distorted with swelling and I might begin to discharge yellow pus that was coming from the holes in my face. At times it leaves me seriously suicidal and depressed and I could have problems for the rest of my life.

"If I can prevent at least one person from undergoing this hell and point them in the right direction to a doctor who can manage their problem, then at least I can help stop someone else suffering.

bastardog
01-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX

Lyndsey Parker

Pete Burns, the flamboyant lead singer '80s band Dead Or Alive, has filed a lawsuit against a London plastic surgeon for allegedly making him look "physically repulsive."

The androgynous frontman, most famous for the hit "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)," claims Dr. Maurizio Viel performed a terrible job on his lip augmentation procedure at the London Center For Aesthetic Surgery. Burns's suit complains of swelling, blistering, discharge, and impaired ability to eat, drink, or talk. He claims the damage was so extreme that at one point it looked like his lips would actually need to be surgically removed.

Burns claims to have undergone more than 100 operations over the past year and a half to reconstruct his allegedly botched face.

Said Burns in a statement: "What happened to me after a series of injections was far worse than any nightmare I could have envisioned. Not only was it agonizingly painful but it was physically repulsive in the extreme. It was impossible to lead any life whatsoever. I was unable to leave my house as I was so distorted with swelling and I might begin to discharge yellow pus that was coming from the holes in my face. At times it leaves me seriously suicidal and depressed and I could have problems for the rest of my life.

"If I can prevent at least one person from undergoing this hell and point them in the right direction to a doctor who can manage their problem, then at least I can help stop someone else suffering.
...and in the process catch some money to live well for the rest of my life.

PHOENIX
01-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by bastardog
...and in the process catch some money to live well for the rest of my life.

If he loses his lips i think they should sew his penis onto his face.

SparkieD
01-30-2007, 02:35 PM
If he loses his lips i think they should sew his penis onto his face.

I'm not so sure he even has a penis.

fe_lung
01-30-2007, 03:32 PM
I can't fathom how ANY operation. no matter how badly it was bothced, could possibly make that guy look any freakier.

Diamondjimi
01-30-2007, 05:04 PM

Lyndsey Parker

Bwahahahahaha

The stubble faced cocksucker...:lol:

http://towleroad.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/peteburnslips.jpg

Hahahaha.Puff the Magic Drag Queen

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42494000/jpg/_42494935_burns_getty.jpg

Terry
01-30-2007, 08:05 PM
That's what you get for fucking around with mother nature in the first place...not to mention being homosexual.

PHOENIX
01-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Those are some really fucking ugly lips.

FORD
01-31-2007, 12:50 AM
Pete needs to learn the same lesson that Michael Jackson has. You can only replace so much of your natural face with plastic before the body rejects it. And anything that requires stitches in the lips, I couldn't even imagine the need for that. I guess his boyfriend thought he would give better head with some collagen injections or whatever? :confused:

Steve Savicki
01-31-2007, 10:11 AM
I just remember that mid-80's single "Brand New Lover."
Were they anything beyond a one-hit-wonder of that song?

FORD
01-31-2007, 11:47 AM
That wasn't even their big hit.

This was.......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMwdAc1Dzfg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMwdAc1Dzfg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Shaun Ponsonby
01-31-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm actually quite a fan of Pete Burns. He's written some good pop songs.

Little Texan
01-31-2007, 03:43 PM
It's his fault since he's the one that made the decision to alter his face in the first place! The doctors may have botched the operation, but if he hadn't had his face worked on to begin with, he wouldn't be having the problems he's having now! Can't lay all the blame on the doctors!

PHOENIX
01-31-2007, 06:53 PM
They should cast him in a movie as a serial killer. He looks like a nut job with those stitches on his lips.

Seshmeister
01-31-2007, 07:59 PM
How exactly would Pete Burns kill his victims?

By telling them they couldn't accessorize properly or by beating them to death with a Gucci handbag?

PHOENIX
01-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

By telling them they couldn't accessorize properly or by beating them to death with a Gucci handbag?

You're on to something there!

He could be targetting people in the fashion industry.

When he was younger he dressed as a woman and was rejected by all Modelling agencies when they found out that she was a he.

Growing bitter over the years he decides to take revenge upon those who scorned and ridiculed him.

Full Bug
01-31-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by chan_bkny
because I was very into Culture Club when I was a kid.
And you didnt get beat up for that? Amazing....:rolleyes:

Diamondjimi
01-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

:lol:

Panamark
02-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Bwahahahahaha

The stubble faced cocksucker...:lol:

http://towleroad.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/peteburnslips.jpg

Hahahaha.Puff the Magic Drag Queen

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42494000/jpg/_42494935_burns_getty.jpg

diamondjimi,

Is this really the dude now ??

Thats extremely disturbing.

The bastard son of Michael Jackson and Stifflers Mom !!!

Shaun Ponsonby
02-01-2007, 12:40 PM
That is him...he's gone a little bit wrong.

But "Lover Come Back", "Turn Around and Count 2 Ten" and "Save You All He Kisses" are all GRATE pop songs.

Full Bug
02-01-2007, 12:51 PM
No, why would you think that? :rolleyes:
Why? Your into Culture Club, I guess you were a big Wham! fan to right? Liking gay bands like that was a straight ticket to a beating where I grew up....

PHOENIX
02-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Why? Your into Culture Club, I guess you were a big Wham! fan to right? Liking gay bands like that was a straight ticket to a beating where I grew up....

Growing up in Toronto must have really sucked.

Bahahahahahaha

Go Habs Go!

Diamondjimi
02-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
That is him...he's gone a little bit wrong.

But "Lover Come Back", "Turn Around and Count 2 Ten" and "Save You All He Kisses" are all GRATE pop songs.

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/mol/jpgs/vi-vomit.jpg

FORD
02-01-2007, 06:41 PM

What exactly is a "gay band"??

Did they beat you up in Toronto for owning Queen albums? Or Judas Priest?

Freddie and Halford were every bit as queer as Pete Burns or Boy George. They just weren't into the drag queen thing.

Though Halford's leather fetish is just another gay costume. And Freddie did do drag at least once.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wm3InzRp0kg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wm3InzRp0kg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Diamondjimi
02-01-2007, 07:05 PM

Bahahahahahaha

Go Habs Go!

Grrrrrr.......:mad: ...;)

LEAFS !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/Bubbles.jpg

Full Bug
02-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Thank you, Ford.

As for Full Bug, I feel sorry that you grew up in a place that was full of narrow-minded people that made you the person you are today.
Dont feel sorry for me, I feel for those around you that had to listen to lame music like Culture Club....:rolleyes:

Full Bug
02-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by FORD
What exactly is a "gay band"??

Did they beat you up in Toronto for owning Queen albums? Or Judas Priest?

Freddie and Halford were every bit as queer as Pete Burns or Boy George. They just weren't into the drag queen thing.

Though Halford's leather fetish is just another gay costume. And Freddie did do drag at least once.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wm3InzRp0kg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wm3InzRp0kg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Yeah, but the music kicked ass, thats what counts, not like lame shit like Culture Club and Wham....

Full Bug
02-01-2007, 10:15 PM

Bahahahahahaha

Go Habs Go!
Whats the matter Peenix, upset the Leafs kicked the Habs asses last weekend?

FORD
02-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah, but the music kicked ass, thats what counts, not like lame shit like Culture Club and Wham....

I don't like Wham or Culture Club either, but are you gonna beat some one up for listening to them?

Save that for the sheep ;)

Full Bug
02-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I don't like Wham or Culture Club either, but are you gonna beat some one up for listening to them?

Save that for the sheep ;)
Ahhhh c'mon, you have to admit anyone who listens to that crap needs a slap in the head at least....:D

Shaun Ponsonby
02-02-2007, 07:00 AM
Culture Club sucked. Wham! sucked. But if people like it...fine. The only people I truly HATE in music terms are Jon Bon Jovi and Spam...but that's personal. I don't really have a problem with anyone else. Although I complain aboot a lot of music, I really think there is a place for everything.