PDA

View Full Version : Springsteen to do solo acoustic tour?

romeodelight
04-24-2004, 09:35 PM
I dont know if this is a popular rumour or just a little centralized thing up where I live, but rumours I have been hearing is that Springsteen is going to be doing a solo acoustic tour of smaller venues soon... just him, his harmonica and his guitar...it would be amazing if it did happen, but has anyone else heard this rumour? or confirm that any part of what I've heard may be remotely true?

twonabomber
04-24-2004, 09:46 PM
again? another Ghost of Tom Joad-style tour?

romeodelight
04-24-2004, 09:59 PM
yeah dude, that's what I'm hearing.. no one said anything as per him releasing another album, I've just been hearing solo tour.. still unsure if i should believe it or not

tobinentinc
04-28-2004, 08:46 PM
All i've heard is that he might be going on tour. It would be cool.

twonabomber
04-29-2004, 08:03 AM
somewhere, Clarence Clemons is waiting for the phone to ring. he needs the money.

High Life Man
04-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Yeah, he did this a couple of years back.

I don't know, I think it would be kind of boring, like having pancakes without the syrup. Or something.

Bob_R
04-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by High Life Man
Yeah, he did this a couple of years back.

I don't know, I think it would be kind of boring, like having pancakes without the syrup. Or something.

Yeah, but at least you'd be able to eat. Follow? Better than not eating. That guy is always doing stuff for the fans.

Wayne L.
05-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Bruce Springsteen is one of the most overrated artists & performers in the history of rock & roll even though he is a rock legend in his own right with few equals!!!

High Life Man
05-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Yeah, but at least you'd be able to eat. Follow? Better than not eating. That guy is always doing stuff for the fans.

Good point.

I'd just rather have a full blown Bruce show than an acoustic one. I saw him last year and it was a great show.

romeodelight
05-02-2004, 11:26 PM
very true man... a full out e street band tour would be absolutely amazing... i saw bruce in toronto this past year and it was seriously one of the top concerts on my list... however, I'll take anything at this point... bruce with the e street band or not... just to get some decent rock n roll with all this van hagar shit going on... i'll take bruce over most bands any day, i mean come on "we learned more from a three minute record baby, than we ever learned in school." friggin classic springsteen!

Panamark
05-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Bruce is at his best with the E street band behind him. Im not such a big fan of the minimalist approach.. Born to Run with just an acoustic guitar and harmonica wouldnt be the same.