PDA

View Full Version : Winger Vs Metallica

PHOENIX
01-31-2007, 11:29 AM
Hair ball: Kip Winger returns with his maligned ’80s metal band
By Michael Marotta/ Music
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - Updated: 06:47 PM EST

The girl Kip Winger sang about on his first hit may have been only "Seventeen" in 1989, but these days she’s pushing 40.

That’s not stopping Winger and his reformed band -- Winger, natch -- from recording a new album and hitting the road on a tour that pulls into Harpers Ferry on Friday.

Back in the late ’80s, Winger became the poster child for hair metal. The New York band drew ridicule from MTV’s "Beavis & Butthead" and in the Metallica video "Nothing Else Matters," in which Lars Ulrich throws darts at Winger’s long mane and pearly whites.

Speaking from a Tennessee tour stop, Winger is quick to defend his eponymous band’s credibility, musical and otherwise.

"Our drummer, Rod Morgenstein, could out-drum Ulrich with one hand tied behind his back," Winger, 45, said. "And Metallica became (the rock joke) they said we were."

Winger the band was washed away by a tidal wave of grunge after the 1993 release of its third album, "Pull." Winger the singer started releasing solo albums and performing acoustically in the late ’90s. He knows his credibility took a beating in the aftermath of the ’80s.

"I didn’t know how to manage that stuff," he said about his blow-dried image. "We kinda overdid it with the teen idol thing. We did a show like KISS and marketed the (expletive) out of it, and it came back to bite us in the ass."

Of course, life as a rock star sex symbol wasn’t all bad.

"It definitely had fringe benefits," said Winger, who began his career playing bass for Alice Cooper. "It’d be great to sell 10 million records and be Bon Jovi, but that ain’t gonna happen. If you take it all away, and I’ve had it taken all away, what you’re left with are the songs."

Last year, Winger the band reunited and recorded "Winger IV," an album of new originals featuring the band’s classic sound: melodic metal powered by the heavy guitar crunch of guitarists Reb Beach and Jon Roth.

Now Kip is anxious to play plugged in. He said he enjoyed his quieter solo work, "but nothing compares to a Marshall amp on 10."

If the old Winger didn’t have much more on its mind than teenage girls, the reborn Winger has grown up. Kip said that his experiences playing solo at military bases inspired several of the songs on the new CD.

"Four of the songs are written from a soldier’s perspective," he said. "I wanted to give back and portray their lives with dignity. They’re out there doing very noble things, regardless of your thoughts on the war."

Winger said the live show will be a mix of old and new. Count on hearing "Headed for a Heartbreak," "Madalaine," "Miles Away" and other songs from the band’s platinum-selling albums.

"We do them all, because people are there to hear them," Winger said.

Even if that girl is no longer "only 17."

Winger, at Harpers Ferry, Allston, Friday at 8 p.m. Tickets: $17/$20 at the door; call 617-254-9743 or go to www.harpersferryboston.com.

Hardrock69
01-31-2007, 11:44 AM
LoungeMachine is back in action.

Rod Morgenstein is a bad motherfucker!
I met him once...nice guy....

nosuchluck
01-31-2007, 11:52 AM
That statement about Rod Morgenstein is absolutely true - he's a kickass drummer!

Reb Beach could do the same to Hammett too.

FORD
01-31-2007, 11:58 AM
I don't see a pussy like Lars Ulrich being able to moderate The Front Line.

Enough said :cool:

bueno bob
01-31-2007, 12:17 PM
James Hetfield can't dance ballet!

:)

Diamondjimi
01-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX

"Our drummer, Rod Morgenstein, could out-drum Ulrich with one hand tied behind his back," Winger, 45, said. "And Metallica became (the rock joke) they said we were."

Kipper speaks the truth here.

PHOENIX
01-31-2007, 01:13 PM
You guys all have valid points and all, but lets face the facts.

Winger just sucks.

Coyote
01-31-2007, 02:03 PM
You guys all have valid points and all, but lets face the facts.

Winger just sucks.

But not as much as Warrant.

PHOENIX
01-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
But not as much as Warrant.

Dont get me started on them. :D

Coyote
01-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Dont get me started on them. :D

I'm tempted to post the "Cherry Pie" video here...

But I won't. :D

PHOENIX
01-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
I'm tempted to post the "Cherry Pie" video here...

But I won't. :D

Go ahead, we could all use a good laugh.:D

Coyote
01-31-2007, 03:04 PM
You wanted a laugh, you got the laugh...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UQ__P8SrQCA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UQ__P8SrQCA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

*BONUS CLIP*
Jani Lane's feelings 'bout the song a year or so ago...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/skSNi71WqhM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/skSNi71WqhM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

PHOENIX
01-31-2007, 04:22 PM
He looks like the dude from Capote!!

Mr Badguy
01-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Jani hates "Cherry pie"?

But it tastes so good, makes a grown man cry.

Mr Badguy
01-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Kip Winger always comes across a pretty humble guy in interviews, which is interseting as he could be the most bitter bastard in the world for what happened to him.

I still own a vinyl copy of "In the heart of the young" and while I haven`t listened to it in a few years, I`d rather put that on than any recent Metallica album.

mako_kimura
01-31-2007, 07:11 PM
As of now, I honestly think Winger has way more credability and is able to be taken a little more seriously than Craptallica ever could now. Winger never sued their fans

DrMaddVibe
01-31-2007, 07:14 PM
They're both jokes! Both of them pwn3d by cartoons. Winger by Beavis & Butthead and Metallica by Camp Chaos.

Metallica still sell out civic centers, Winger couldn't even get an opening gig for Hanson.

Metallica was exposed as being the greediest bunch of rockers this side of the Glimmer Twins. Winger, well they had a couple of songs on the radio 20 years ago. The bundled up Greatest Hits package is a cash grab.

We've got "Kip" posting here as a moderator on a DLR forum so I'll say that he's not really putting any effort into his craft, what with his post count and all. Lars, well he's a fucking drummer what do you expect?

With Metallica getting ready to fire on all cylinders with a new album you know they'll tour and it will eclipse Winger like the girl hair band they were.

It'll be back to Kip playing his 12 string at coffee houses and Metallica riding in limos in no time, so let Kip have a lil' fun bashing on #1.

PHOENIX
01-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by mako_kimura
As of now, I honestly think Winger has way more credability and is able to be taken a little more seriously than Craptallica ever could now. Winger never sued their fans

Dude your only 16.

Trust me. Winger had no credibility 16 years ago and they never will.

If you wanna listen to something cool then try out The Cults " Electric " or " Sonic Temple" albums.

Dan
01-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Winger Rocks.

DrMaddVibe
01-31-2007, 07:37 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQO242T-s8M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQO242T-s8M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Or...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hwsbUUEOT9g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hwsbUUEOT9g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LoungeMachine
01-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
They're both jokes! Both of them pwn3d by cartoons. Winger by Beavis & Butthead and Metallica by Camp Chaos.

LMAO

This from a guy whose bragging right / claim to fame consists of a crowd shot on a Phish album :rolleyes:

I wonder if you laugh and ridicule bands that come on the radio while you're lubing Chevys.

When you and the boys manage to get a gig at the local strip mall bar, do you laugh at the fucking JOKE bands made fun of by cartoons?

I've known so many guys like you over the years. Many of them were roadies.

When you punch in at your shit job tomorrow, and get the call from your fat wife telling you to pick up milk on the way home, make sure to tell her how lucky she is her hard working hubby was NEVER the butt of jokes on MTV

:gulp:

DrMaddVibe
01-31-2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah, just what I thought...good luck with that big "reunion"!

LoungeMachine
01-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah, just what I thought...good luck with that big "reunion"!

Thank you. :cool:

bueno bob
02-01-2007, 02:15 AM
Alright, let's keep the Front Line outta this... :D

Anyway...in regards to Winger...

I was sitting around at a coffee house doing my usual (writing) when my guitarist came in and popped a seat. So, we get to bullshitting about whatever and jostling around song ideas and he says "Hey - I got the new Winger album today".

Of course, we're along the lines of Cathedral, Sleep, Saint Vitus, Trouble, Sabbath, etc., so I'm thinking he's just turned into the gayest son of a bitch ever and I'm going to have to immediately cancel my friendship with him.

He says it's called "Pull", says I have to listen to the song "Down Incognito"...rolling my eyes, I'm like "Whatever, put it on".

Found myself pleasantly surprised, as it was. So I ended up going out and getting a copy of it for myself, although I never became a huge Winger fan or anything. But I did think Pull was a pretty good album, all things considered. Definitely better than "She's 17" and all that...

Years down the road, I saw a VH1 thing about Kip Winger, don't know if it was a Behind the Music or "101 Gayest Metal Moments" or what have you, but it went into quite a bit of Kip's background as a musician, dancer, etc.

By the time it was over, I found myself really respecting him. Talk about a wealth of talent. And I don't say that lightly.

In regards to Metallica...well...what can you say? They had the world on a platter in 1989, and just the second they tried to break up what was becoming formula to them (admittedly, if you look at it, "Lightning", "Master" and "Justice" are almost all the same album in style, layout, and execution), they started drawing detractors and by 1997(ish), they were basically a complete toss.

Winger'll never sell out 20,000 seat arenas again (probably not, anyway), but if Kip and Reb and company are having fun doing what they're doing, by God, more power to them. Reb's a fucking fabulous guitarist and there's a hell of a lot of talent in that group.

In regards to Metallica...maybe Rick Rubin will pull their heads out of their asses. It's very possible - Johnny Cash hadn't done shit worth of anything in years, and just as soon as Rick Rubin and Glenn Danzig got a hold of him...well...look what happened...

So...there ya go...

binnie
02-01-2007, 02:57 AM
I'm sorry but Winger suck.

Always have, always will.

Jesus, Gary Cherone and Jon Bon Jovi write songs with more balls....

Seshmeister
02-01-2007, 03:10 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQO242T-s8M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQO242T-s8M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Or...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hwsbUUEOT9g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hwsbUUEOT9g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Both very tedious...

DrMaddVibe
02-01-2007, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Both very tedious...

You got it.

MAPRamone
02-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Both very tedious...

Except for the intro on the Metallica tune

Rikk
02-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Actually, I like METALLICA...

binnie
02-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
Actually, I like METALLICA...

So do I.

Question their recent output all you like, but they will never be lame, limp wristed AOR shit like Winger!

Rikk
02-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by binnie
So do I.

Question their recent output all you like, but they will never be lame, limp wristed AOR shit like Winger!

Maybe I was one of the few that thought ST. ANGER was a decent album. I mean, it had shitty production, a bad drum sound and needed guitar solos...but it had a very appealing raw vibe...and it rocked harder than most other albums that year.

LOAD and RELOAD had plenty of shit on 'em...but also some really good tracks if one wanted to wade through 'em.

WACF
02-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Load and Re-Load are excellent rock albums.

binnie
02-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Maybe I was one of the few that thought ST. ANGER was a decent album. I mean, it had shitty production, a bad drum sound and needed guitar solos...but it had a very appealing raw vibe...and it rocked harder than most other albums that year.

LOAD and RELOAD had plenty of shit on 'em...but also some really good tracks if one wanted to wade through 'em.

We are of the same mind entirely.

If you watch the DVD that came with St. Anger, most of the annoying production is gone. The band had their live sound and the songs sounded much stronger.

Matt White
02-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Lars, well he's a fucking drummer what do you expect?

HA!!!

PRICELESS

Rikk
02-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by binnie
We are of the same mind entirely.

If you watch the DVD that came with St. Anger, most of the annoying production is gone. The band had their live sound and the songs sounded much stronger.

That's a good DVD. Really much better-sounding...and they play the songs with such force. Believe it or not, FRANTIC is actually my favorite Metallica song these days.

Did you like the SOME KIND OF MONSTER film?

binnie
02-01-2007, 11:07 AM

I don't know if "like" is the right word, I was cringing at some points. However, I respect them for putting it out rather than pulling the plug on it, as at times it shows them in an appauling light (especially Hetfield.) However it really let me understand the emotional turmoil behind St. Anger, and I can't think of another band brave (or stupid) enough to think of a similar project, and for that reason I think it deserves respect.

IMO, Bob Rock seemed to have a lot more to do with pulling the band through than Phil.

The Spinal Tap moments were cool too. Kirk "I try and remain ego-less as an example to the other guys", Lars temper-tantrum over forgetting his Haiwian shirt.

As a fan, I feel I got an insight into the band at the crucial time, which is a rewarding experince, if not neccessarily an enjoyable one...

binnie
02-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by WACF
Load and Re-Load are excellent rock albums.

I agree.

It was more the case of them not being good "Metallica" records than them being bad records per se....

Sarge's Little Helper
02-01-2007, 11:08 AM
I agree.

It was more the case of them not being good "Metallica" records than them being bad records per se....

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host 'mysql49.secureserver.net' (0) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />

DrMaddVibe
02-01-2007, 05:13 PM

I loved it! It reminded me of "This Is Spinal Tap". Watching a menacing band turn into neutered numbskulls was priceless. I kept waiting for James to turn to his "band therapist" and ask if he wanted to officially be in Metallica. Watching Lars go off on the new and improved version of James was great fun to watch too. I didn't know that a man's voice could sound higher than Peter Brady's!

Like I said earlier, they're both jokes. One makes you laugh at them, the other just makes you laugh.

DrMaddVibe
02-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I don't see a pussy like Lars Ulrich being able to moderate The Front Line.

Enough said :cool:

I don't see moderators here wanting to be Bon Jovi either!

""It'd be great to sell 10 million records and be Bon Jovi, but that ain't gonna happen." - Kip Winger

No, its not Kip. Even on your best day you're a poor imitation of Bon Jovi!

ODShowtime
02-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Winger's comin to St Pete. Maybe I can kick it with Lounge.

Diamondjimi
02-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host 'mysql49.secureserver.net' (0) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />

No shit !

pflo
02-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Hair ball: Kip Winger returns with his maligned ’80s metal band
By Michael Marotta/ Music
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - Updated: 06:47 PM EST

The girl Kip Winger sang about on his first hit may have been only "Seventeen" in 1989, but these days she’s pushing 40.

Thats pushing 35, dipstick..

DrMaddVibe
02-04-2007, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Winger's comin to St Pete. Maybe I can kick it with Lounge.

Don't set your goals too high!

perilousepete
02-27-2007, 12:46 AM
winger was by no means a hard rockin band, but when i take them for a pop band there's a few of their songs i can dig. i'm not all about head bangin, i'm fine with mellow shit if it's got talent or is catchy. while we're on the subject of "weak" 80's rock bands....the song wait by white lion is downright amazing song in my mind...great ballad, GREAT guitar work...just listen to the solo. it doesn't gotta be heavy to kick ass. but don't worry metallica will always kick that much ass x12,013. just wanted to share my secret love for ballady stuff, when i need a break from head bangin.

Anonymous
02-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Why is everybody making fun of Warrant? I kinda like that Cherry Pie song...

Hey, even if all these bands sucked back in the day, they're still infinitely better than all the shit that's being played in the radio nowadays.

Makes you wonder how bad music wil be in another 10 years down the the road... *shudders*

Is there some kind of rule that states that music must be lamer and stupider every year that passes?

Jaysus H. fookin' Kee-rist, Sam! When Bon Jovi pops in after some lame arse R'n'B or Hip-Hop and actually sounds "badass", you know there's something VERY wrong with the world.

Cheers! :bottle:

perilousepete
02-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
Hey, even if all these bands sucked back in the day, they're still infinitely better than all the shit that's being played in the radio nowadays.

AAAAAMEN. i have a thread on this venting on how bad the music scene is, just in case anyone feels the same and wants to share their hate for half-ass bullshit music

stringfelowhawk
04-20-2009, 03:39 AM
I'm not a Winger fan. I don't own any albums but I don't change the station when and if they come on. I'll speak my piece and move on.
I don't care that they were and still are considered lightweight b.s. I do respect them as musicians. He's right about Rod Morgenstein and someone else mentioned Reb. I think its incredibly sad that he often gets overlooked as a guitarist simply because he played in Winger. That guy is one of the most naturally talented guitarists I've ever seen. I'm not saying he's in EVH's league or Hendrix or anyone like that so don't freak out. I'm just saying he could literally play circles around a majority of his peers at the time and pretty much everyone famous now. Kirk is nowhere near the guitarist Reb is and that's a fuckin fact.

I think I saw the same show someone else mentioned awhile back. I too, respect Kip as a musician after seeing it. I didn't know he was a classically trained musician and had no idea he's a hellova jazz player.

I'll leave you with this. I recently had the opportunity to play Guitar Hero 80's which has "Seventeen" on it. Now I know its not the same as playing it on a real guitar and I'm not saying it is. But, that song is a motherfucker to play on expert. It's not bad until the solo which has some fast crazy complex notes in it as does the outro. WOW! There is a video on youtube of a dude playing it on expert and nailing it 100%. Check it out if you don't believe me. Now, playing it made me want to see how Reb actually played it so I checked out some old videos and now after seeing him play it I understand why its so hard on Guitar Hero and why its a 5th tier song.

sadaist
04-20-2009, 10:22 AM
ROCK ON!

http://hollywoodphony.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/281x211_stewart.jpg

binnie
04-20-2009, 10:36 AM
The real question is: are Winger better than Duran Duran?

Terry
04-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Regardless of the ability of the musicians who played in it, the band Winger sucked.

A "rock" group for teenaged girls...and teenaged boys who secretly wished they were girls.

About the only acceptable manner a man could attend concerts by bands such as Winger or Bon Jovi was

1) if they were opening for a much better headlinging act

or

2) if he was taking his old lady the to show in hopes of getting a blowjob afterwards.

Otherwise...well...you love the cock.

hideyoursheep
04-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Anybody who plays with one Vincent Furnier gets my respect.

However, he doesn't get my money, 'cause I never bought his stuff.

On the subject of Metallica and Lars being an asshole;

I heard an interview on Stern a short while ago with that Goat Boy Jim Breuer who is one funny motherfucker! That dude can do impressions like no body's business. He talked about doing Half-Baked and Dave Chappelle, then Tracy Morgan, then he went into hanging out with Lars Ullrich.

Jim finds a backpack that some student left in a cab or some fucking where, and he notices there's about $200 bucks worth of books in it, so Jim decides to hang onto this book bag, and return it to it's owner the next day, once he and Lars are done with their night out. Lars throws a fit because of this, and Jim starts quoting Lars in his Lars voice;

" You know? I fucking can't believe you are gonna fucking tote this fucking knapsack around with you all night, and look like a dick, all because some fucking guy fucking forgot it because he's an irresponsible asshole, and should have been fucking, like, being responsible for his own fucking shit, ya?"

So now there in an L.A. bar, and some dude who don't recognize Lars comes up to him and asked for a cigarette. Lars lets the dude have it;

" You know? You fucking came to a bar to drink, and knowing this, you knew that at some point during the night, you would want to fucking smoke, but now because of your stupidity, you fucking come up to me and ask me if you can have one of MY cigarettes, because you're too fucking cheap to buy them for yourself before you fucking go out for the evening, ya?"

Now the two of them are outside crossing the street, and Jim said Lars continued to give him shit about this poor student's book bag that Jim still carries. Then Lars decides to cross the street on green, walking directly into the path of moving cars at the intersection...they're honking at him, he's flipping them off, pounding on the hoods and yelling at the drivers, then decides to just walk right over the tops of them, right over the hoods, windshield, up the roof and down to the trunk, cursing the drivers, acting like the typical drunken asshole..

Then he asks Jim Breuer if he could see the book bag...

He fucking slings it across the street, it smashes against the sidewalk and this student's books go everywhere, all because Lars Ullrich doesn't want to be seen with someone carrying a book bag. Nevermind the fact that this person could have very well been a fan of Metallica.

Mother fuck Lars Ulrich. I have no respect for him whatsoever after hearing that.
He's a no-class, spoiled little 40-something punk.

ULTRAMAN VH
04-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Winger was one of those bands that really sounded shitty in studio, but when you cut Reb Beach loose during a live performance all bets were off. I had a show that I taped off of radio years ago and it just kicked ass. Yeah, I know, Winger kicking ass? It was a good show though.

indeedido
04-21-2009, 10:48 AM
I like Reb Beach. He is an eight finger tapping fool.

PHOENIX
04-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Whats with the digging up some old thread i started a few years ago?