PDA

View Full Version : Underrated albums by classic bands

Shaun Ponsonby
02-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Every GRATE band has an album that, for some unknown reason, doesn't really catch on like the albums before or after, even though its a GRATE album

"The Who By Numbers" (The Who, obviously)
"Queen II" (Queen, obviously)
"Relayer" (Yes)

I could go on, but I can't be arsed.

I will mention an album by Little Steven, former guitarist in the E Street Band and Sylvio in the Sopranos.

"Born Again Savage" from 1999.

Featuring Jason Bonham on drums and co-produced by Kevin Shirley. It's kinda like what Iron Maiden may have sounded like if they released albums in 1969 with todays technology and Bob Dylan as lyricist (and, actually, on vocals too-although Steven is a GRATE songwriter and producer and guitar player...he can't sing).

What are your favourites?

Mr. Vengeance
02-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Shit...there are so many...

If I had to name one off the top of my head, I'll say Born Again by Black Sabbath.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Really?

Having said that, its not that bad an album, its just that Gillan, no matter how good a singer he was/is, no way does he suit Sabbath's style.

FORD
02-02-2007, 11:50 PM
That's why it's underrated. It's not really Black Sabbath. It's Purple Sabbath. A nearly perfect hybrid of the two bands.

The color of that album cover wasn't a coincidence........

http://www.elviejokaki.com/Kaki_Discos/z_Lps/LP_00098.jpg

theicecreamman
02-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Born Again was a really great album.
So Far So Good So What- Megadeth is very underated in my opinion. Jeff Young did a great job on the album.

Mezro
02-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by FORD
That's why it's underrated. It's not really Black Sabbath. It's Purple Sabbath. A nearly perfect hybrid of the two bands.

The color of that album cover wasn't a coincidence........

http://www.elviejokaki.com/Kaki_Discos/z_Lps/LP_00098.jpg

Mezro...I love Purple Sabbath...I listen to that fucker all the time...

Rikk
02-03-2007, 02:08 AM
KISS Dynasty. One of my favorite albums of their's...and not a disco album, as is claimed. It has one disco single and then DIRTY LIVIN', which is an amazing song. Also has SURE KNOW SOMETHING, X-RAY EYES and HARD TIMES...truly great KISS songs not heard often enough.

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000001ELL.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Mezro
02-03-2007, 02:13 AM
Here goes my listy list:

Queensryche: Rage For Order

KiSS: Creatures of the Night and Carnival of Souls

Iron Maiden: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Kings X: Gretchen Goes To Nebraska

Ozzy: No Rest For The Wicked

Black Sabbath: Live Evil, Headless Cross and Cross Purposes

Fates Warning: Parallels

Mezro...plenty of good stuff that deserves just a wee more credit...

Mr Badguy
02-03-2007, 06:33 AM
Judas Priest "Point of entry"

That album gets such a rough ride but it rocks, maybe their best sounding production wise.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-03-2007, 07:57 AM
Yiu're right, there, actually...despite some of the gay promos for it.

Mr. Vengeance
02-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Another Perfect Day by Motorhead is another underated album. My fave Motorhead album, it featured Brian Robertson of Thin Lizzy on guitar.

FORD
02-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Ronnie Wood's first two solo albums.......

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000002MSW.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.connollyco.com/discography/ron_wood/nowlook.jpg

These albums were recorded during that "transitional period" when Woody was wrapping up his commitments to the Faces while also touring with the Stones. As a result, members of both bands are all over these records, so if you're a Faces or Stones fan and have never heard this stuff, get it NOW before it's out of print again!

Weak points, if any, are Woody's vocals, but even then they were a lot better on this material than say, the New Barbarians bootlegs, if you happen to be familiar with those.

Believe it or not, this material actually was performed live at least once, at the time it was released. And Keith, Mac, and even Rod showed up at the gig to lend a hand.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2jzDlF9I8X0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2jzDlF9I8X0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QI-TERydqrg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QI-TERydqrg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNYUjXjbxLc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNYUjXjbxLc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/knVJehWuye4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/knVJehWuye4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckCAFDU9lI0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckCAFDU9lI0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlTHZqse1yY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlTHZqse1yY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

mako_kimura
02-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Hmm, I can name a few that need a bit more cred than they got:

1. King Diamond-Witch's Eye
2. King Diamond-Puppet Master
3. Mr. Big-Bump Ahead
4. Everything by Racer X

SparkieD
02-04-2007, 12:05 AM
I will second Queen II and King's X-Gretchen Goes to Nebraska. Add to my list Maiden's X-Factor and Helloween's The Dark Ride.

Mr. Vengeance
02-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by SparkieD
I will second Queen II and King's X-Gretchen Goes to Nebraska. Add to my list Maiden's X-Factor and Helloween's The Dark Ride.

Sparkie...don;t get me started on that fucking horrid X factor!!!!:D

Mr. Vengeance
02-04-2007, 12:58 AM
Another great underated album, Dancing Undercover by Ratt. Just about every tune smokes!

SparkieD
02-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Sparkie...don;t get me started on that fucking horrid X factor!!!!:D

Been there, done that, Vengie. Nobody said you had to like my list:p

Mr Badguy
02-04-2007, 04:31 AM
Another great underated album, Dancing Undercover by Ratt. Just about every tune smokes!

I`ll second that.

Mr Badguy
02-04-2007, 04:33 AM
"Emerson, Lake and Powell" by Emerson, Lake and Powell.

As good as their 70`s output but with an 80`s twist, this album should have sold millions.

Coyote
02-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
I`ll second that.

I'll third that...

mako_kimura
02-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Coyote
I'll third that...

Ah, screw it, I'll fourth it. Another one to add to my list: Danger Danger's Screw It!. Yeah, DD might be considered a bunch of wimps, but the songs are catchy, and Andy Timmons smokes on guitar

Shaun Ponsonby
02-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Anything David Coverdale did Pre-"1987" (including his Deep Purple stuff).

"Mr Universe" by Gillan

I actually met one of Gillan's old drummers a few weeks ago. He injured himself and had to stop drumming for a while and is now doing theatre in education around school's and VI Forms around Merseyside. Nice guy. Funny as fuck, too.

Padre Atilio
02-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Extreme's - III Sides To Every Story, dont start bitching when you read this please. :cool:

Diamondjimi
02-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Queen- Innuendo

Rush - Presto

Deep Puprle - Stormbringer

Grand Funk - Live in Concert '75

Van Halen - Diver Down (originals are stellar)

Frank Zappa - You Are What You Is

Ted Nugent - Live at Hammersmith

Mezro
02-04-2007, 03:44 PM
I'll third that...

Mezro...4th on that...

Mezro
02-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Queen- Innuendo

Rush - Presto

Mezro...both of those are fucking aces...

Mr Badguy
02-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Pink Floyd "Animals"

It lives in the shadow of "Dark side of the moon", "Wish you were here" and "The Wall", but Floyd never rocked so hard or with so much lyrical venom.

Gringo
02-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Padre Atilio
Extreme's - III Sides To Every Story, dont start bitching when you read this please. :cool:

I'll agree, and also Nuno Bettencourts new band Dramagods-Love is a great album i think. I also dig Extreme- Waiting For The Punchline. Great album.

His even newer band The Sattelite Party with Perry Farrell on vocals seems promising. Can't wait for their album to come out.

mako_kimura
02-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby

No disrespect to you at all, but why do you complain about how "pussified" Whitesnake became? You're not too much older than me, so why do you complain about a band that's been around longer than the two of us have been alive? Again, no disrespect at all

DrMaddVibe
02-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Queen- Innuendo

Rush - Presto

Deep Puprle - Stormbringer

Grand Funk - Live in Concert '75

Frank Zappa - You Are What You Is

Ted Nugent - Live at Hammersmith

Awesome list.

DrMaddVibe
02-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Pink Floyd "Animals"

It lives in the shadow of "Dark side of the moon", "Wish you were here" and "The Wall", but Floyd never rocked so hard or with so much lyrical venom.

My favorite album of theirs.

Tiki-Tom
02-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Padre Atilio

Okay, I'll just laugh:D

Tiki-Tom
02-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Kiss' The Elder-hated by most but excellent and very underrated. You just have to listen to it without expecting typical Kiss. Kiss' Killers gets an honorable mention because, though it's a greatest hits album, the four additional cuts were very good tunes that should've been heard by more.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
02-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Mezro
Here goes my listy list:

Queensryche: Rage For Order

I like a lot of that album, but "Gonna Get Close To You" is one of the shittiest songs ever released by any group in the history of the music business. EVER.

Tiki-Tom
02-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Queensryche's "The Warning" is the better one over "Rage" IMO, though RFO is still great. "N M 156" along with "Roads to Madness" are two of my fav's from them.
Both "The Warning" and "Rage" are very underrated.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0000931Q3.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Diamondjimi
02-05-2007, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
Queensryche's "The Warning" is the better one over "Rage"

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0000931Q3.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Agreed . Warning kicks ass !

binnie
02-05-2007, 05:34 AM

I'll second that, especially early Whitesnake (up to 1987).

Great blues rock: simple and effective...

binnie
02-05-2007, 05:35 AM
Skid Row - Subhuman Race.

A darker, brooding album but I love every song on it....

binnie
02-05-2007, 05:36 AM
Megadeth - Killing is My Business.

Gets a hard time because Peace Sells followed it. But the speed and fury are all here, with a real Motorhead vibe. Fantastic songwriting too...

binnie
02-05-2007, 05:37 AM
Anthrax - We Have come for you all

Last record before reuniting with Bellandonna. The production was crips and full of enenrgy, and the songs just blast out of the speakers.

Bush was on fine form too...

Coyote
02-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Queen's "News Of The World", "Jazz", "The Game", "Hot Space" and "The Works".

Sure, they're all over the map, stylistically. But that's what makes those albums so fuckin' cool as an aural experience.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by mako_kimura
No disrespect to you at all, but why do you complain about how "pussified" Whitesnake became? You're not too much older than me, so why do you complain about a band that's been around longer than the two of us have been alive? Again, no disrespect at all

None taken.

A dignified question with a dignified answer...

In all honesty, since the DVD and summer UK tour in 2006, I HAVE warmed to the "1987" album...particulary "Bad Boys". BUT, the earlier blues-based stuff is still more in my musical tastes...and right now am just talking aboot it being underrated rather than better. I'm also referring to the 3 Deep Purple albums and 2 solo albums Coverdale made, which always seem to be somewhat overlooked.

I think the fact that "pussified Whitesnake" (as you have dubbed it!) took 3 earlier Whitesnake songs and reworked them (Here I Go Again/Fool For Your Lovin'/Cryin' In The Rain) shows that the material was better than people gave it credit for, and that Coverdale really likes it too.

And no disrespect here, but don't you complain aboot how pussified Van Halen became post-1984. Why do you complain so much aboot a band who have been around longer than both of us.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Queen's "News Of The World", "Jazz", "The Game", "Hot Space" and "The Works".

Sure, they're all over the map, stylistically. But that's what makes those albums so fuckin' cool as an aural experience.

"Hot Space", certainly (I wouldn't say the other albums are underrated, at least not in Europe).

That album does get a good slamming, and I CAN see why, but at least 1/2 the album is GRATE;

"Under Pressure"
"Staying Power"
"Put Out The Fire"
"Calling All Girls"
"Las Palabras De Amor"
"Life Is Real"

If a band came out with an album with those songs on an album, I'd be praising them...or bitching aboot them doing 1/2 an album of Queen covers.

Just that the album as a whole wasn't up to the incredibley high standards on the other 14 Queen albums.

larry
02-05-2007, 02:59 PM
HERE'S A FEW ONE ENCHANTED EVEINING BLUE OYSTER CULT
LIVE AT THE ROXY WARREN ZEVON
TIME PEICES ERIC CLAPTON
SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND GENESIS

Shaun Ponsonby
02-05-2007, 03:02 PM
OK...STOP SHOUTING.

Coyote
02-05-2007, 03:11 PM
"Hot Space", certainly (I wouldn't say the other albums are underrated, at least not in Europe).

I was thinking locally at the time. Sorry. :D

If a band came out with an album with those songs on an album, I'd be praising them...or bitching aboot them doing 1/2 an album of Queen covers.

:lol:

larry
02-05-2007, 03:18 PM
im sorry!

Mr Badguy
02-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Bruce Dickinson "Skunkworks"

It ain`t Iron Maiden style metal but it sure is heavy. The first signs of an enjoyable solo career after the so-so "Balls to Picasso". I wore the cassette out back in 1996/97.

flappo
02-05-2007, 05:24 PM
i always liked the miracle by queen

the firm albums had their moments too

ALMOSTsaved
02-05-2007, 05:32 PM
AC/DC "Powerage" and "Let There Be Rock." It seems most casual fans only focus on "Highway To Hell" and "Back In Black"....Harry Vanda and George Young knew how to bring out the monstrous sounds of every instrument in the band including the voice of Bon Scott before Mutt Lang got involved. "Let There Be Rock" wins for the most ridiculously distorted guitars ever committed to tape. Fucking phenomenal.

flappo
02-05-2007, 06:36 PM
i love powerage

ac/dc's fair warning ?

mako_kimura
02-05-2007, 07:51 PM
And no disrespect here, but don't you complain aboot how pussified Van Halen became post-1984. Why do you complain so much aboot a band who have been around longer than both of us.

Touche.

ALMOSTsaved
02-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by flappo
i love powerage

ac/dc's fair warning ?

Good analogy. I'd have to say, yes it is.

Mr. Vengeance
02-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Most underated AC/DC album IMO is Flick of the Switch. I say this because most true AC/DC fans love all the Bon-era disks, and also loved Back in Black and FTATR. It was FOTS that seemed to get buried.

Mr. Vengeance
02-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Ramones- Pleasant Dreams

Considered at the time of release to be way too pop and not punk. Producer by Graham Gouldman of 10cc. Is very good IMO, with the classic The KKK Took My Baby Away, on it.

Mr. Vengeance
02-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Doors- The Soft Parade

Probably the Doors album least mentioned when people talk about the band. But very cool to listen to with a nice rum drink.

Mr. Vengeance
02-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Deep Purple- Fireball

ALMOSTsaved
02-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Most underated AC/DC album IMO is Flick of the Switch. I say this because most true AC/DC fans love all the Bon-era disks, and also loved Back in Black and FTATR. It was FOTS that seemed to get buried.

I can definitely agree with that. I actually think FOTS is superior to FTATR...Better drum sound...no reverb at all. Hell, despite the shitty production I happen to be a fan of "Fly On The Wall" as well.

Tiki-Tom
02-05-2007, 10:08 PM

It ain`t Iron Maiden style metal but it sure is heavy.

Good pick! I love this one. Bruce really took his music in a different direction on it. The tracks "Back from the Edge" and "Inertia" are way cool. :cool:

SparkieD
02-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by binnie
I'll second that, especially early Whitesnake (up to 1987).

Great blues rock: simple and effective...

Megadeth - Killing is My Business.

Gets a hard time because Peace Sells followed it. But the speed and fury are all here, with a real Motorhead vibe. Fantastic songwriting too...

Last record before reuniting with Bellandonna. The production was crips and full of enenrgy, and the songs just blast out of the speakers.

So good they all deserved posts of their own...mere seconds apart.

Binnie, does the term "post whore" mean anything to you? :D ;)

binnie
02-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Okay, I'll just laugh:D

That's what I thought!

Nuno was a great guitar player, but Cherone sapped all the balls out of the band.

Pun intended.

binnie
02-06-2007, 07:18 AM

It ain`t Iron Maiden style metal but it sure is heavy. The first signs of an enjoyable solo career after the so-so "Balls to Picasso". I wore the cassette out back in 1996/97.

I'd say his last too solo records don't get enough attention either. Better than anything Maiden did in the ninties...

binnie
02-06-2007, 07:19 AM

Binnie, does the term "post whore" mean anything to you? :D ;)

Yes, yes it does.

I was driven to become a whore by a lack of self-esteem and a father who didn't love me.....

DrMaddVibe
02-06-2007, 07:25 AM
The Crystal Ball - Prince

binnie
02-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
The Crystal Ball - Prince

I love all of Princes records.

The problem is that he's so prolific that anyone outside of his hardcore fanbase can't keep up with his release rate, which probably prevented a lot of his records becoming classics...

SparkieD
02-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Yes, yes it does.

I was driven to become a whore by a lack of self-esteem and a father who didn't love me.....

Hence all the "hitting it" :D

Shaun Ponsonby
02-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Touche.

Exactly, exactly...

i always liked the miracle by queen

I've always thought that was their best album of the 80's.

It comes across (to me) as being back to basics, but using the technology available (if you know what I mean).

perilousepete
02-06-2007, 07:45 PM

Pink Floyd "Animals"

diver down has some great moments, like the 1st 3 songs and the last 2...but i don't really like the majority in between.

animals has some sick songs, it has a much different musical style on it than other albums and has awesome instrumental shit. dogs is probably my farorite on there, and i LOVE that 70's keyboard sound combined with the muted sounding drums (not exactly sure how to describe the sound). really interesting stuff on there.

katie
02-06-2007, 07:50 PM
The Sweet - Sweet Fanny Adams

Shaun Ponsonby
02-06-2007, 08:06 PM
The Sweet are just as underrated as most British glam bands.

Mr. Vengeance
02-06-2007, 09:24 PM
You want an underated Sweet album? - Give Us a Wink

Mr. Vengeance
02-06-2007, 09:27 PM
How about the Kinks- Give the People What They Want

Nitro Express
02-06-2007, 09:41 PM
David Lee Roth- DLR Band CD.

Dave and a bunch of musicians throwing together some songs on the fly at Dave's house and recording it on a low budget. It's raw, crude and wonderfully Dave.

Contains the magical "Black Sand" and the powerdriver "King of the Hill"

mako_kimura
02-06-2007, 10:12 PM

So just a quick question, do you prefer John Bush or Joey Belladonna? I'm a Belladonna guy m'self. Anyway, another one to add to this ever growing list:

Queen: The Miracle and A Kind Of Magic

Tiki-Tom
02-07-2007, 04:55 AM
I love the Yes record "Drama" with Trevor Horn on vocals.
Tempus Fugit is incredible.
A very underrated album.

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/bb/92/08e2024128a0dfd71956f010.L.jpg

binnie
02-07-2007, 05:58 AM
So just a quick question, do you prefer John Bush or Joey Belladonna? I'm a Belladonna guy m'self. Anyway, another one to add to this ever growing list:

There's no doubt they made better material with Belladonna, although Sound of the White Noise is as good as any of them.

However I prefer Bush, even singing the Belladonna era songs. He doesn't have the range, but his voice is more muscualr which fits the music better, IMO.

Dave's Bitch will kill me for saying that!

katie
02-07-2007, 07:06 AM
You want an underated Sweet album? - Give Us a Wink

YES YES YES Totally cool album.
Heavy as fuck, great arrangements, awsome drumming esp 'Keep It In'

I loved the next album 'Off The Record' as well ala Windy City but after that..........they stopped being a rock band.

You have great taste

Shaun Ponsonby
02-07-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
David Lee Roth- DLR Band CD.

Dave and a bunch of musicians throwing together some songs on the fly at Dave's house and recording it on a low budget. It's raw, crude and wonderfully Dave.

Contains the magical "Black Sand" and the powerdriver "King of the Hill"

Can't believe it took 73 posts for that one to come up.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-07-2007, 07:27 AM
A very underrated album.

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/bb/92/08e2024128a0dfd71956f010.L.jpg

I don't really see that as a Yes album. A GRATE album, but it just isn't YES without Jon Anderson.

katie
02-07-2007, 10:00 AM
The Sweet are just as underrated as most British glam bands.

Shaun you are not a musician are you?

If you were you would have never made that statement.

Katie

FORD
02-07-2007, 10:55 AM
How did they get away with this blatant "Jean Genie" ripoff anyway?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IGRL7RALLSY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IGRL7RALLSY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

StretchOnBass
02-07-2007, 11:08 AM
I watched the Sweet vid. Now I am going to puke..

Anonymous
02-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Helloween's The Dark Ride.

Well, Michael Weikath doesn't seem to like this album very much either.

I think it has some GRATE tunes - Mr. Torture, If I Could Fly, I Live For Your Pain, Immortal and The Dark Ride, maybe Mirror Mirror too - but the others ARE pretty weak and lame, compared to Helloween's standard.

I like the album, though - I listen to it a lot. But I don't think I'd be such a Helloween fan anymore if the follow up was along the same lines.

Cheers! :bottle:

BASTAGE
02-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
KISS Dynasty. One of my favorite albums of their's...and not a disco album, as is claimed. It has one disco single and then DIRTY LIVIN', which is an amazing song. Also has SURE KNOW SOMETHING, X-RAY EYES and HARD TIMES...truly great KISS songs not heard often enough.

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000001ELL.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Plus, it has three Ace Frehley songs on it and to me, this is a very good thing. I might be somewhat sentimental towards Dynasty because that tour was my first concert.

ALMOSTsaved
02-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by BASTAGE
Plus, it has three Ace Frehley songs on it and to me, this is a very good thing. I might be somewhat sentimental towards Dynasty because that tour was my first concert.

Mine as well. December 12, 1979. I was 9 years old.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/almostsaved0770/KISSTicket.jpg

BASTAGE
02-07-2007, 12:05 PM
i love powerage

ac/dc's fair warning ?

It could very well be their Fair Warning. For whatever reason, I never got around to buying Powerage when I initially discovered AC/DC but when I got it, HOLY SHIT. All bets were off and it became my favorite of the Bon-era. I will also add that Flick Of The Switch is my personal favorite of the Brian Johnson albums.

BASTAGE
02-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
Mine as well. December 12, 1979. I was 9 years old.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/almostsaved0770/KISSTicket.jpg

Kick ass. I saw them on September 20, 1979 in Evansville, Indiana with Judas Priest opening. I was ten at the time.

SparkieD
02-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
Well, Michael Weikath doesn't seem to like this album very much either.

I think it has some GRATE tunes - Mr. Torture, If I Could Fly, I Live For Your Pain, Immortal and The Dark Ride, maybe Mirror Mirror too - but the others ARE pretty weak and lame, compared to Helloween's standard.

I like the album, though - I listen to it a lot. But I don't think I'd be such a Helloween fan anymore if the follow up was along the same lines.

The Dark Ride seems to be a bone of contention with many Helloween fans and Weiki. He prefers to have more input where songwriting is concerned, yet he didn't have much time to contribute to the writing of that album due to his other commitments as a producer. It makes perfect sense to me that he isn't that fond of it since he is the ringleader of the band.

I guess many Helloween fans like them so well because they prove that a band can be musically proficient while not taking themselves too seriously. The Dark Ride was a departure in that respect. Personally, I really enjoyed the darker mood of that album. Not that I dislike their sillier moments (Baaaa http://www.mazeguy.net/animal/sheep.gif ) but I just thought this was a welcome change. Actually, I pretty much love all they've done post-Kiske (I hate that twat!)

Mr Badguy
02-07-2007, 03:14 PM
A very underrated album.

Awesome pick.

That was one of the first Yes albums I got (the other was "Yessongs") and I was totally unaware of Jon Anderson.

I saw the video for "Tempus Fugit" and thought "this is brilliant".

The whole album smokes with great songs and amazing musicianship, special mention to Chris Squire`s bass work. He is my number 1 bassist ever, not just for his technique but also what he can do to a song.

I only later bacame aware of how important Jon Anderson is to Yes, but "Drama" still has a special place for me.

katie
02-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by StretchOnBass
I watched the Sweet vid. Now I am going to puke..

That was a pop song that they did not write.

Here are some rock songs that they did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4GXV-lCGJ8&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeD7VDSLuRU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbUnD6CFjuk&mode=related&search=

ThrillsNSpills
02-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by katie
The Sweet - Sweet Fanny Adams

well done katie

Tiki-Tom
02-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Alice Cooper - Dada. Some of this record was Alice at his creepy best.
"Former Lee Warmer" gives me chills. Great stuff.
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000006XSB.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

binnie
02-08-2007, 02:50 AM
I might check that one out Tiki, I trust your recommendation...

Tiki-Tom
02-08-2007, 04:37 AM
Another one that I think is Underrated is ELO's "Time"
A space age concept album that lyricly is sometimes eerily spot on.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00005KHEV.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

binnie
02-08-2007, 05:30 AM
Tiki, you have very diverse tastes in music. I always try nad branch out but can't seem to get that far out of the heavy mindset....

Tiki-Tom
02-08-2007, 05:47 AM
Yeah, I do tend to have a wide range in music taste. Always have. Guess it's part of my personality or musical bloodlines in the family tree, who know's. It sure drives Sparkie nuts at times :p but I do turn her on to some cool but different stuff every now and then. Heavy or not, good music is Good Music. :cool:

Do check out "Dada" though binnie, I think you will like it.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Shaun you are not a musician are you?

If you were you would have never made that statement.

Katie

I am a very poor musician.

But, I was talking aboot good, catchy songs on underrated albums...not musical ability.

flappo
02-08-2007, 03:02 PM
yeah , black sand is a lost masterpiece imo

dlr = god

Mr. Vengeance
02-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Alice Cooper - Dada. Some of this record was Alice at his creepy best.
"Former Lee Warmer" gives me chills. Great stuff.
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000006XSB.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I have to say that as a HUGE, ultra Alice fan, that's one album I've never been able to get into. It has a couple of good tunes, like I Love America, and Enough's Enough, but I find the music to be just boring. Too much synth. The lyrics, as you would expect with Alice, are top notch. But it's just not even growing on me as I get older.

Mr. Vengeance
02-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Here's an album that even the band didn't like, but I always like to listen to: Testament- Souls of Black

Good tunes, but if the album has a failing, it's the production end.

Tiki-Tom
02-09-2007, 12:27 AM
I have to say that as a HUGE, ultra Alice fan, that's one album I've never been able to get into. It has a couple of good tunes, like I Love America, and Enough's Enough, but I find the music to be just boring. Too much synth. The lyrics, as you would expect with Alice, are top notch. But it's just not even growing on me as I get older.

As a long-time ultra huge Cooper fan myself, I find his more eccentric work to be some of his best. I'll even go as far to say another underrated Cooper album, "Special Forces" just may be my favorite. Shitty synth aside, it's classic Alice. But, there's no accounting for taste.
http://www.musikmarkt-wiesbaden.de/images/ALICE%20COOPER%20special%20forces.JPG

binnie
02-09-2007, 03:15 AM
Here's an album that even the band didn't like, but I always like to listen to: Testament- Souls of Black

Good tunes, but if the album has a failing, it's the production end.

I'll second that, Testament were always head and shoulers above the rest of the bay-area clones, and darker too.

The production needs a bit more umph, but still a fabulous record,...

Shaun Ponsonby
02-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Motorhead-Orgasmatron

Let down by shitty production

binnie
02-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Motorhead-Orgasmatron

Absolutely, its a bit trebble happy...

The title track and Mean Machine are both killer songs....

Mr. Vengeance
02-09-2007, 03:16 PM
As a long-time ultra huge Cooper fan myself, I find his more eccentric work to be some of his best. I'll even go as far to say another underrated Cooper album, "Special Forces" just may be my favorite. Shitty synth aside, it's classic Alice. But, there's no accounting for taste.
http://www.musikmarkt-wiesbaden.de/images/ALICE%20COOPER%20special%20forces.JPG

I love Special Forces. In fact I have a very good warm feeling about all three of Alice's new wave" albums from that era- Flush the Fashion, and Zipper Catches Skin being the other two. In fact, I probably listen to those three albums as much as some of the great 70's albums like Billion Dollar Babies. None can match Love it To Death as far as visits to my old turntable, though.

Last_Child
02-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Mott The Hoople's albums before they turned glam!

Fuck me, that's some great albums!

PumpedUpMidget
02-09-2007, 04:23 PM
The Kinks-Low Budget

Jack68
02-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
The Kinks-Low Budget

Am i on the double album thread?anyway grate album low budget.

Mr Badguy
02-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Motorhead-Orgasmatron

I quite like the sound of that album.

It`s kind of...unreal and other worldly, especially on "Deaf forever" and "Orgasmatron".

But still very powerful.

Excellent songs.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-10-2007, 06:31 AM
I've always thought the production was terrible, but each to their own.

The tracks they did in BBC Sessions sound much better, in my opinion.

katie
02-10-2007, 07:58 AM
Motorhead-Orgasmatron

Shame as it is a great LP.

Loved Ace Of Spades, Every song on that LP is a killer, great production/mix throught!

Mr. Vengeance
02-10-2007, 10:41 AM
I don't think that Orgasmatron's production is all that bad. In fact, I find that the roughness of it adds to the overall sound of the album.

But really, how much production is there in Motorhead albums? They just crank it up and play.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-10-2007, 12:15 PM
I think it's too...I dunno, muffled?

Seriously, the tracks they did in a BBC session around this time sound MUCH better. Particulary Doctor Rock. And I much prefered "Orgasmatron 2000" than the original version.

Mezro
02-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Maiden's X-Factor

LOL...X-Factor!

Mezro...what a sack of scab riddled shit...

Mezro
02-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Kiss' The Elder-hated by most but excellent and very underrated. You just have to listen to it wi

Mezro...I love the fucking Elder...listen to it all the time...

Mezro
02-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Q
Both "The Warning" and "Rage" are very underrated.http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0000931Q3.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

You got it Tiki-Tom...both are fucking amazing.

Mezro...think I will listen to The Warning right now...

Shaun Ponsonby
02-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Brian May-Back To The Light.

Should have been a Queen album.

DeadMan1984
02-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Ummmm let me think.....

Metallica- Load
KISS- Alive II (Alive I always gets the credit)
Led Zeppelin- Presence
The Beatles- A Hard Day's Night
The Police- Reggata De Blanc
Megadeth- So Far, So Good, So What
AC/DC- Fly on the Wall
Eric Clapton- Just one Night

That's all I have for now.

SparkieD
02-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
LOL...X-Factor!

Mezro...what a sack of scab riddled shit...

Well, fuck my old boots, what a surprise:rolleyes: Somebody else who doesn't like The X-Factor. Is this the part where I'm supposed to give a shit?

1978 Fan
02-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Cheap Trick are known for their power pop songs and melodies......
But their first album is full of excellent Hard Rock. Eevery track is worthy. You won't hear this shit on rock radio.....

http://www.connollyco.com/discography/cheap_trick/cheap_hi.jpg

1 ELO Kiddies 3:41
2 Daddy Should Have Stayed in High School 4:44
3 Taxman, Mr. Thief 4:15
4 Cry, Cry 4:22
5 Oh, Candy 3:06
6 Hot Love 2:30
7 Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace 4:34
8 He's a Whore 2:42
9 Mandocello 4:46
10 The Ballad of TV Violence (I'm Not the Only Boy) 5:25

Mr Badguy
02-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Well, fuck my old boots, what a surprise:rolleyes: Somebody else who doesn't like The X-Factor. Is this the part where I'm supposed to give a shit?

I`ll back you up, SparkieD.

I gotta admit I wasn`t crazy about it when it came out, but it really is like the prototype for the kind of stuff they`re doing now.

I think the problem at the time was that it was so long (over 70 minutes) and the songs were so dark that it was hard to get into, but it did pay to persevere.

The live stuff from that album with Bruce singing shows how good some of that material is.

I`d rather listen to "The X Factor" than "No prayer..." or "Fear of the dark" where you can tell that Bruce`s heart isn`t in it and the songs sound like rehashes (Tailgunner=Aces High, The Fugitive=The Prisoner etc.).

It`s one of those situations where a band tries something different and gets slated for it from fans who want the same old, same old all the time.

Mr Badguy
02-12-2007, 07:38 AM
UFO "The wild, the willing and the innocent"

Who says UFO couldn`t do it without Michael Schenker?

Paul Chapman might not have matched Schenker`s virtuosity but he was no slouch and what the songs lack in lead guitar firepower, they more than make up for in quality arrangements and Springsteen-esque lyrics from Phil Mogg.

It`s fucking well good.

binnie
02-12-2007, 08:43 AM

Paul Chapman might not have matched Schenker`s virtuosity but he was no slouch and what the songs lack in lead guitar firepower, they more than make up for in quality arrangements and Springsteen-esque lyrics from Phil Mogg.

It`s fucking well good.

I will second that. I've been getting into them a lot recently, and this recrod easily stands up to the Schenker-era.

Because Mogg and Way are such fantastic songwriters that, whoever plays guitar, those records were gonna be good...

Shaun Ponsonby
02-12-2007, 11:35 AM
The last couple of UFO albums were GRATE too.

"You Are Here"
and their current album "The Monkey Puzzle"

Best stuff they've done in a LOOOOOONG time.

Line Up

Phil Mogg
Pete Way
Andy Parker
Paul Raymond
Vinnie Moore
Jason Bonham (on "You Are Here")

And the last tour rocked, too

Intro (Manish Boy-Muddy Waters)
Mother Mary
Daylight Goes To Town
Let it roll
I ’m a Loser
This Kids
Hard being me
Drink too much
Fighting Man
Only you can rock me
Baby Blue
Love to Love
Too hot to handle
Lights out
Rock Bottom
-------------------------------------
Doctor Doctor
Shoot shoot

binnie
02-12-2007, 11:46 AM
The last couple of UFO albums were GRATE too.

"You Are Here"
and their current album "The Monkey Puzzle"

Best stuff they've done in a LOOOOOONG time.

I haven't picked them up yet, but on your recommnedation I definateyl will.

Cheers SP.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-12-2007, 11:52 AM
I do recommend them...they've got back to what UFO were all aboot...pure ROCK AND ROLL

DeadMan1984
02-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Also wanted to add Wings' Back to the Egg, Ozzy's Ultimate Sin, Motley Crue's Too Fast for Love, The Who's Who Are You, and Def Leppard's High and Dry to this list.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-12-2007, 04:15 PM
I want to put

The Who-Face Dances

Coyote
02-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by DeadMan1984
Def Leppard's High and Dry

And "On Through The Night".

estang74
02-12-2007, 04:40 PM

i agree but the funny thing is that they hate that album. My band opened for them and i met them backstage and mentioned that album and rachel bolan just went off on that album. Very cool guys btw, no rockstar attitudes at all. My other guitar player shot craps with them after the show.

slage33
02-12-2007, 04:42 PM
j.geils band full house.

that ronnie wood live footage was outstanding.

katie
02-12-2007, 06:14 PM
I want to put

The Who-Face Dances

That is a crap LP.

Muddy mix
Lame production.
Jenny Jones on drums LOL

Bland very bland.

I think you meant to say Live At Leeds

katie
02-12-2007, 06:17 PM

It`s fucking well good.

Paul Chapmans band before he joined UFO

Lone Star - 1st
Lone Star - Firing On All Six

1st LP produced by Roy Thomas Baker - Killer stuff!

binnie
02-13-2007, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by estang74
i agree but the funny thing is that they hate that album. My band opened for them and i met them backstage and mentioned that album and rachel bolan just went off on that album. Very cool guys btw, no rockstar attitudes at all. My other guitar player shot craps with them after the show.

Cheers for that story, hope you had a good time.

Shame they don't like that record, cos I think it's a killer. Sebastian Bach stll plays stuff off it live....

Shaun Ponsonby
02-13-2007, 09:51 AM
That is a crap LP.

Muddy mix
Lame production.
Jenny Jones on drums LOL

Bland very bland.

I think you meant to say Live At Leeds

I don't give a shit.

I LIKE IT...SO FACK ARF.

or...

I respect your opinion, would you like an "After Eight"?

binnie
02-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Megadeth - So far, so good, so what.

Shit production, but killer songs from start to finish.

Underated becuase it came between "Peace Sells..." and "Rust in Peace.."

Mr. Vengeance
02-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Hell, I can't believe I forgot this gem of an album:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00005R62K.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ppg960
02-13-2007, 10:08 PM
1. Ratt / Dancing Undercover
2. Queensryche / Mindcrime
3. Scorpions / Taken By Force
4. VH / Fair Warning
5. UFO / with Phil Moog
6. StreetHeart / early 80's
7. Judas Priest / British Steel
8. Kick Axe / Vices

I could go on forever here..........:)

binnie
02-14-2007, 02:56 AM
I wouldn't say "British Steel" is underrated, it's Priests most loved work usn't it?

The rest of yoyr list makes perfect sense however....

binnie
02-14-2007, 02:56 AM

Alongside "Sad wings of Destiny", that is my favourite Priest record.

Every song is great...

Mr Badguy
02-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by ppg960
5. UFO / with Phil Moog

Erm...Phil appears on all UFO albums.

Mr Badguy
02-14-2007, 06:57 AM

Jesus, imagine what it must have been like in 1978 the first time you heard "Exciter".

A real groundbreaking album.

I don`t know if it`s under-rated, though, it always gets it`s due.

Anonymous
02-14-2007, 07:52 AM
The Dark Ride seems to be a bone of contention with many Helloween fans and Weiki. He prefers to have more input where songwriting is concerned, yet he didn't have much time to contribute to the writing of that album due to his other commitments as a producer. It makes perfect sense to me that he isn't that fond of it since he is the ringleader of the band.

I guess many Helloween fans like them so well because they prove that a band can be musically proficient while not taking themselves too seriously. The Dark Ride was a departure in that respect. Personally, I really enjoyed the darker mood of that album. Not that I dislike their sillier moments (Baaaa http://www.mazeguy.net/animal/sheep.gif ) but I just thought this was a welcome change. Actually, I pretty much love all they've done post-Kiske (I hate that twat!)

Funny thing about Weikath... he IS the ring leader and he knows it. So do the others. When Helloween released "The Dark Ride", Weikath went up to Deris and Grosskopf and told them that if they were happy with the direction they were taking, he wouldn't be pissing on the party and he'd gladly leave. 'Course, Kusch and Grapow being the ones responsible for 'The Dark Ride' he wouldn't tell THEM. Result being, Deris and Grosskopf panicked and fired the other two. :rofl:

On the other hand, he doesn't seem to be much of a control frea - as long as Helloween keep being Helloween, he doesn't give a fuck as to who writes the song and he certainly doesn't seem to want to hog all the spotlight.

Proof of that is their last album. Although it's arguably their BEST album yet, and they seem to be quite aware of it, the main driving forces behind that album seem to be Deris, and funnily enough, Gerstner, Weikath pens only two of the songs in that double album and they're clearly the weakest.

AS for Kiske... funny that you say you hate him. Most fans seem to believe that Deris is a poser and Kiske was the real deal. Meanwhile, back on Earth, Deris is kicking arse writing killer songs and Kiske is writing love songs that are so lame they don't even make it to MTV. :D

In closing, I believe that this current line up seems to be the best and most solid yet. Even though it'll be hard to top their last album, grate years are ahead for us Helloween fans. There's even - finally - a new LIVE CD/DVD which probably won't suck like High Live did - check it out: http://www.helloween.org/

Now, to disuise my attempt at hi-jacking this thread, here's a VERY underrated album:

SAXON'S 'UNLEASH THE BEAST'

http://www.rockdetector.com/assets/img/covers/27561.jpg

Killer guitar work in this album, probably one of the best Metal albums I've ever listene to. Maybe Mr. Badguy's encyplopedic knowledge of Metal can help expand this bit of info?

Mr Badguy
02-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
Now, to disuise my attempt at hi-jacking this thread, here's a VERY underrated album:

SAXON'S 'UNLEASH THE BEAST'

http://www.rockdetector.com/assets/img/covers/27561.jpg

Killer guitar work in this album, probably one of the best Metal albums I've ever listene to. Maybe Mr. Badguy's encyplopedic knowledge of Metal can help expand this bit of info?

Well, I would say pretty much all of Saxon`s back catologue since 1983 is under-rated (aside from a few late 80`s attempts to emulate US bands).

Since 1990 they`ve been plugging away under the radar, still rocking with the best of them.

In fact at one point, there were two Saxons, each featuring different founder members. That dispute was resolved and now only one Saxon exsists (the one with Biff Byford, who I consider to be the face of Saxon anyway).

Recent good stuff includes: "Solid ball of rock", "Unleash the Beast" or "Lionheart".

I`ll tell you what, if you want some HM classics, get some of these:

"Wheels of steel"
"Strong arm of the law"
"Power and the glory"

These are the albums upon which Saxon`s legacy is built on.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by ppg960
5. UFO / with Phil Moog

When did Phl Mogg marry Bob Moog?

I'm guessing before he died...

Mr. Vengeance
02-14-2007, 08:50 PM
From a superior band, an album that never gets mentioned in the same breath as Jailbreak or Johnny the Fox....

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00005Y2EM.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ppg960
02-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Erm...Phil appears on all UFO albums.

Your Right!
I was thinking of McCauhley Schenker when I wrote that.
He was a decent singer although MS wasn't up to par by then.

Coyote
02-14-2007, 11:36 PM
From a superior band, an album that never gets mentioned in the same breath as Jailbreak or Johnny the Fox....

Aw, hell yeah! John Sykes dominates on that record.

It's a shame Lizzy didn't continue after that one.

mako_kimura
02-15-2007, 07:41 AM
A few more underrated goodies:

1. Ozzy Osbourne-Ozmosis
2. Genesis-Genesis
3. AC/DC-Fly On The Wall

binnie
02-15-2007, 07:49 AM

It's not in the same league as Jailbreak or Johnny the Fox, but it's still a great record, just screams out of the speakers.

Another underrated Lizzy record: Fighting.

You've got Rosalie, Wild One, Suicide....all great tunes brimming with emotion..

binnie
02-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Mako, why Ozzmosis?

With the exception of Perry Mason and I Just want You, I thought that record was really poor, the songs just didn't feel finished.

What is it you like about it, maybe I'm missing something?

Shaun Ponsonby
02-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Far too many ballads on Ozzmosis.

Mr Badguy
02-15-2007, 10:51 AM
I find "Ozzmosis" to be pretty boring and the distorted sounding production annoys the fuck out of me.

binnie
02-15-2007, 10:56 AM
and the distorted sounding production annoys the fuck out of me.

That's my main beef with it, Beinhorn fucked it up BIG time, IMO....

Like I said, Perry Mason and I just Want you are good tunes, but I just don't like the rest.

Maybe Mako can help us here something that we're missing...

mako_kimura
02-15-2007, 01:32 PM
True, Ozman did go a little ballad crazy, however, I like Ozzmosis mainly for two things: Joe Holmes' guitar tone (I love the sound of a Mesa Rectifier with an old Strat cranked), and I love the atmosphere the songs provide. Also, on the reissue, there's a bonus track called "Aimee" that is (in my opinion) a pretty damn good song. Very heartfelt. So there, that's pretty much my take on Ozzmosis. Also, I'll add Ozzy's "Just Say Ozzy" to that list

ALMOSTsaved
02-15-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this one, but I always thought KISS "Dressed To Kill" was one of their finer moments, and yet it never gets the recognition I feel it deserves. Another surprising fact about this one is their manager, Neil Bogart produced this album and in my opinion the result was the best "sounding" KISS album of the 70s aside from "Rock And Roll Over."

pjvan
02-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by 1978 Fan
Cheap Trick are known for their power pop songs and melodies......
But their first album is full of excellent Hard Rock. Eevery track is worthy. You won't hear this shit on rock radio.....

http://www.connollyco.com/discography/cheap_trick/cheap_hi.jpg

1 ELO Kiddies 3:41
2 Daddy Should Have Stayed in High School 4:44
3 Taxman, Mr. Thief 4:15
4 Cry, Cry 4:22
5 Oh, Candy 3:06
6 Hot Love 2:30
7 Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace 4:34
8 He's a Whore 2:42
9 Mandocello 4:46
10 The Ballad of TV Violence (I'm Not the Only Boy) 5:25

That fucking album kicks ass. I agree with Pink Floyd's Animals, great album.

I'd have to add Counterparts from Rush, and Sonic Temple from The Cult.

binnie
02-16-2007, 03:24 AM
True, Ozman did go a little ballad crazy, however, I like Ozzmosis mainly for two things: Joe Holmes' guitar tone (I love the sound of a Mesa Rectifier with an old Strat cranked), and I love the atmosphere the songs provide. Also, on the reissue, there's a bonus track called "Aimee" that is (in my opinion) a pretty damn good song. Very heartfelt. So there, that's pretty much my take on Ozzmosis. Also, I'll add Ozzy's "Just Say Ozzy" to that list

I thought Zakk Wylde played on that record? Did they share guitar parts or have I got my chronology wrong?

mako_kimura
02-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Zakk and Joe each did a certain number of songs. For instance, when you listen to the guitar tone on Perry Mason, what I hear is too fuzzy to be Zakk's tone. Maybe it's just me

Shaun Ponsonby
02-16-2007, 11:03 AM
No, I think they did share parts on that one.

I think it's Joe Holmes appears in the promo for Perry Mason.

binnie
02-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

In fact, I beleive that it was Holmes in the promo for PM....

mako_kimura
02-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah, he was in the vid

Mr. Vengeance
02-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Since others have added their KISS picks, I'll add mine. It's not well liked by most, but I always loved it. Ace has three on this one too, yes folks, it's UNMASKED!!!!

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000001ELN.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

PumpedUpMidget
02-16-2007, 04:57 PM
The Cars--Panorama....Gimme Some Slack and Up & Down are excellent tracks...

Mr Badguy
02-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Since others have added their KISS picks, I'll add mine. It's not well liked by most, but I always loved it. Ace has three on this one too, yes folks, it's UNMASKED!!!!

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000001ELN.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Yeah!

Pretty good stuff on there.

I don`t even mind "Shandi" although "Easy as it seems" sucks.

The Ace songs rock.

vanhellion
05-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Judas PriestStained class,Lynch Mob wicked sensation,Ratt dancing undercover,Great White down on your knees,KISS rock n roll over,Dokken back for the attack& under lock & key,

binnie
05-24-2007, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by vanhellion
Lynch Mob wicked sensation

I keep hearing a lot about this band, I'm gonna have to check them out....