PDA

View Full Version : DLR album sales

DLRismydad
04-25-2004, 01:22 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows the official album sales for DLR's solo albums

Big Troubles
04-25-2004, 01:26 PM
http://www.rotharmy.com/discography.shtml

click on the "click info" link, and all shall be revealed. ;)

DLRismydad
04-25-2004, 01:28 PM
thanks alot

Lou
04-25-2004, 02:43 PM
I think Sarge was being a little generous when he said the sales for "Diamond Dave" were "under 50 thousand." Under fifteen thousand is really more like it. Last I checked metal-sludge, which was maybe a couple of months ago it was in the 12's. And half of those sales were in the first month it was out.

fanofdave
04-25-2004, 02:53 PM
It never mattered to me what the sales numbers
were on Dave's albums. If he puts one out, I'm
buying it. I thought Dave's last album was good.
I like his versions of the cover songs. That album
gives you good insight into what music influenced
Dave along the roads he traveled.

pete
04-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by fanofdave

He gets it.

Big Troubles
04-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Trouble is, that Magna Carta, is a bottom feeding Record Co. that barely promoted Dave's album beyond their own website. If Magna is wondering why Dave's album sales are so low, they need not look any further than their very own marketing dept.
It never mattered to me either what the sales were. But Im guessing we'd all gush a little more if they were higher. ;)

Big Troubles
04-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Im also thinking a more accurate record sale of Diamond Dave is near 25,000. Im positive if you check with MTV.COM or VH1.COM they have it posted as well.

cwsmith17
04-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Check out the stats on our homepage. Discography gives you everythin you want to know. Look on the left hand side!

Big Troubles
04-25-2004, 03:36 PM
yeah they are off by a bit on the latest album is all. "Under 50,000" isn't very accurate. But 'tis cool. I think I read its closer to 25,000. But it's not as important to some, like me, as it is to others. :D If his sales were 1, Id be happy. Know why? Cause Id be the only fucker to own it!

thefive
04-25-2004, 03:53 PM
I think me, Big Troubles, Bill Limbergh, Alley_Kat, DavidLeeNatra and Max need to be hired by Dave to promote his albums. Any others want too its fine with me. We would promote the shit out of Dave's material.
Dave needs new Management.
the 5

pete
04-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by thefive
I think me, Big Troubles, Bill Limbergh, Alley_Kat, DavidLeeNatra and Max need to be hired by Dave to promote his albums. Any others want too its fine with me. We would promote the shit out of Dave's material.
the 5

SHIT!

I'm the biggest fan of that album.

thefive
04-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by pete
SHIT!

I'm the biggest fan of that album.

Sorry Pete I forgot to put you on the list. You would be good management too.:)

the 5

thefive
04-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Bart is looking for something right now.

Big Troubles
04-25-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by thefive
the 5

Sounds good. But I want control of the weed and whores! :D

Im also thinking that General Hina would make a great addition to the marketing team. We could dress that fucker in his best Sunday chicken suit and stand him on the corner of the busiest street holding a sign that reads "I will suck as many cocks, as there are album sales". So really not far off from the usual. ;)

maxell3752
04-27-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Trouble is, that Magna Carta, is a bottom feeding Record Co. that barely promoted Dave's album beyond their own website. If Magna is wondering why Dave's album sales are so low, they need not look any further than their very own marketing dept.
It never mattered to me either what the sales were. But Im guessing we'd all gush a little more if they were higher. ;)

Your silly, Magna carta is a sister division of Wanner Bros. Music, they did promote Dave's albums as well as they could. Dave made millions of dollars from a few of his solo albums, and paid people like Steve Vi, beans. Thats why those people wont play with Dave no more, because his lawyers fuck everyone over. Which is just another reason why Dave was ousted from VH.

Magna Carta records has been the lable for most DLR records. How can you say they never promoted DLR past their website.. How do you know this. Dave's solo music was junk!... Come on "Hot dog and a shake"??.. hahah.. Lets face it DLR screwed up in 1984 and 5.

bru87tr
04-28-2004, 10:34 AM
considering I bought the album cassette and cd I find it hard to believe some of these sales figures are accurate. im not a big buyer when it comes to albums cd's and cassettes but I cant be the only one who bought each release 3 times over.

I find it hard to believe the second release only sold half of the first release. just interest alone would have equaled the first release.

just my thought. I never believed #'s to be correct.

Warham
05-03-2004, 09:06 AM
According to the RIAA website, the only albums that Dave has released that have went 1x platinum are EEAS and Skyscraper, as well as the EP Crazy From The Heat. I tend to think Warners has not sent in any certification papers for any of his releases since the early 90's though.

Jano
05-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by fanofdave

I agree 100%!

Loons The Great
12-27-2006, 09:42 PM
b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-.....
....b-b-b-b-b-bumpah!!

minkahed
04-21-2012, 05:18 PM
I read somewhere that Warner wouldn't re-issue 2 of Dave's solo records, and properly certify them, if he didn't lose his ego and try to reconvene with VH back in '96.

By the way, Dave himself stated somewhere that "A Little Ain't Enough" sold "Gold", plus change back in '91.

"Your Filthy Little Mouth" could be a different story, but I don't doubt that cd sold a couple hundred thousand.

loucap81
05-22-2012, 11:52 PM
From what I remember, YFLM sold north of 200,000. DLR Band sold over 100,000 which was pretty impressive considering it had no marketing at all behind it. Diamond Dave was another story. I'm pretty sure it didn't even get to 25,000. Is Diamond Dave out of print by now? I know everything from ALAE to DLR Band is.

minkahed
06-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Maybe physical cd's are out of print, but they are ALL available via I-Tunes.

Start downloading dude !

minkahed
06-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Even Dave's 1997 Rhino release, "The Best" sold over 100,000. Even reached #199 on the BB Top 200,

That was 15 years ago, by now, it shoulda moved, at least, another 100,000, maybe 200,000.

I thought Dave had plenty of fans, but they sure don't buy his records ! :(