PDA

View Full Version : Bush Flip Flops On Iraq

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Was he flip-flopping, or just pandering?

Bush Says Military Commitment In Iraq Is Not Open-Ended

President Bush has admitted to Democrats that his plan to send more than 21,000 additional troops to Iraq is one that has caused a lot of debate, but he says the U.S. military commitment in Iraq "is not open-ended."

Speaking to House Democrats at a resort in Williamsburg, Virginia, the president also described his plan to send more troops to Iraq as the one he believes "has the best chance of succeeding."

The president says House Speaker Nancy Pelosi briefed him on her recent trip to Iraq, and told him that he had to make it clear to the Iraqi government that it has to perform. The president said he agreed with Pelosi's assessment.

By the way, Neo-Cons......

Pentagon announced another 5 dead today, following Friday's Black Hawk shooting leaving 2 dead.

Enough is Enough.

IT'S TIME TO START A SLOW BUT STEADY REDEPLOYMENT NOW

Nitro Express
02-04-2007, 02:21 AM
Puppet's do flop when there no longer is a hand up their ass. It's either Dick Chenney's hand daddy's hand, or Jim Baker's hand. Makes one hell of a screwed up puppet show.

hideyoursheep
02-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
By the way, Neo-Cons......

Pentagon announced another 5 dead today, following Friday's Black Hawk shooting leaving 2 dead.

Enough is Enough.

IT'S TIME TO START A SLOW BUT STEADY REDEPLOYMENT NOW

You know I'm no Neo Cunt,and Iraq has been a half-assed job from Day 1,
But no matter what the circumstances,be it combat or training,unfortunately some soldiers are sent to Fiddler's Green.:(

Steve Savicki
02-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Bush could be more of a flip flop than Kerry.

Lqskdiver
02-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
You know I'm no Neo Cunt,and Iraq has been a half-assed job from Day 1,
But no matter what the circumstances,be it combat or training,unfortunately some soldiers are sent to Fiddler's Green.:(

The Iraq War itself was a success when Saddam's goverment was toppled. Later when the once mighty dictator was found hiding in a porta pot hole, it peaked.

Sadly, since then, we have taken the job of cleaning this mess. If the newly Iraqi government doesn't get their shit together, this War would have been all for nothing.

I don't blame the soldiers...I blame the lack of cooperation that we've gotten from this Iraqi goverment. :mad:

Guitar Shark
02-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
The Iraq War itself was a success when Saddam's goverment was toppled. Later when the once mighty dictator was found hiding in a porta pot hole, it peaked.

Sadly, since then, we have taken the job of cleaning this mess. If the newly Iraqi government doesn't get their shit together, this War would have been all for nothing.

I don't blame the soldiers...I blame the lack of cooperation that we've gotten from this Iraqi goverment. :mad:

I don't think you'll find ANYONE here who blames "the soldiers" for the current state of Iraq.

I disagree with your claim that the war was a "success" simply due to the fact that we succeeded in toppling Saddam's government. Even if we ignore that we went to war to find WMDs, and not for some loftier purpose of liberating the Iraqis, the complete and utter failure to develop a plan for Iraq post-Saddam has directly caused the chaos we see in Iraq today.

And be careful about blaming "this Iraqi government" for the current failure... who do you think created the framework for that government? Hint: It wasn't Saddam. :)

At some point, you have to acknowledge that America is responsible for what's happening there.

hideyoursheep
02-05-2007, 04:23 PM

Hell, no one can blame them,they played the hand they were dealt.
Meanwhile,Rumsfeld plays golf now.
Dissolving the former Iraqi Army was a mistake in my eyes,they could have been used for security of their own country,you know what I'm saying?Their idea of peacekeeping is very old school,if you know what I mean,and I don't see that changing with any "democracy"Iraq has.It could have lightened the load significantly post-Saddam.
I said it before and I'll say it again;if they were serious about getting out quickly they would have made the neccesary corrections rather than "stay the course".Fucking idiots.

:mad:

hideyoursheep
02-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Bush could be more of a flip flop than Kerry.

Nah,he never changes his mind.He doesn't have one.

More like a huge "Flop".

blueturk
02-05-2007, 05:22 PM

The Iraq War was a success as far as Bush was concerned the second that Saddam was toppled. When he made the infamous "Mission Accomplished" photo-op Bush's mission WAS accomplished...to get rid of Saddam. The stupid bastard never thought about what to do after Saddam was gone.

"It's bad in Iraq. Does that help?" --George W. Bush, after being asked by a reporter whether he's in denial about Iraq, Washington, D.C., Dec. 7, 2006

hideyoursheep
02-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
"It's bad in Iraq. Does that help?" --George W. Bush, after being asked by a reporter whether he's in denial about Iraq, Washington, D.C., Dec. 7, 2006

:dork: :monkey: :gun:

Jesus Cruise!! Bush wasn't visiting that school in Florida on Sept.11, he was a STUDENT!!!

Lqskdiver
02-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
I don't think you'll find ANYONE here who blames "the soldiers" for the current state of Iraq.

I disagree with your claim that the war was a "success" simply due to the fact that we succeeded in toppling Saddam's government. Even if we ignore that we went to war to find WMDs, and not for some loftier purpose of liberating the Iraqis, the complete and utter failure to develop a plan for Iraq post-Saddam has directly caused the chaos we see in Iraq today.

And be careful about blaming "this Iraqi government" for the current failure... who do you think created the framework for that government? Hint: It wasn't Saddam. :)

At some point, you have to acknowledge that America is responsible for what's happening there.

We successfully toppled Saddam's government. How's that.;)

And I disagree about the failure to DEVELOP a post war plan. There was a plan...only the abundant obstacles encountered STARTING with the Abu Gahraib incident really hindered the process to flow through and emboldened the insurgents. Basically...giving us a daily ass kicking that is still taking place.

And that framework for their government is one that currently resides in this great country. As flawed as it is, counselor, I still consider it the BEST. :killer:

Still, America's involvement is not the cause of the stife, but the hatred of western culture by Islamic extremist. We are loathed by the old regime of fascist who wish to eliminate our very existence. Yet we are loved by the young moderates who enjoy our many facets such as music and technology. They educate themselve and their hotties in hopes of becoming more mainstream then their fathers. I give it another generation before western culture is fully embraced in the middle east. Hell, I've always said, "just put an A/C window unit and hook up the Cinemax to every middle eastern home and I'll show you an end to all conflict."

And as you notedt...WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS OVER THERE. ;)

hideyoursheep
02-05-2007, 06:53 PM
We successfully toppled Saddam's government. How's that.

And I disagree about the failure to DEVELOP a post war plan. There was a plan...only the abundant obstacles encountered STARTING with the Abu Gahraib incident really hindered the process to flow through and emboldened the insurgents. Basically...giving us a daily ass kicking that is still taking place.

And that framework for their government is one that currently resides in this great country. As flawed as it is, counselor, I still consider it the BEST. :killer:

Still, America's involvement is not the cause of the stife, but the hatred of western culture by Islamic extremist. We are loathed by the old regime of fascist who wish to eliminate our very existence. Yet we are loved by the young moderates who enjoy our many facets such as music and technology. They educate themselve and their hotties in hopes of becoming more mainstream then their fathers. I give it another generation before western culture is fully embraced in the middle east. Hell, I've always said, "just put an A/C window unit and hook up the Cinemax to every middle eastern home and I'll show you an end to all conflict."

And as you notedt...WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS OVER THERE. ;)

My first point is going to be THAT'S NOT THE REASON WE WENT IN!!Where was the concerted effort to search for WMD's?Bush lied his ass off,and WE deserve a better democracy than that!Not even the conventional munitions were secured. That will burn my ass forever.

A post war plan was NEVER,I say again,NEVER developed,at least by competent leadership.Gen. Shwartzkoptf gave the exact scenario as to why Saddam was never taken in a '97 interview. The foresight was there, BushCo chose to ignore it. Now we're paying for it. Abu-Gharaib had next to nothing to do with embolding the insurgency as did not preparing for it.
We're not getting our ass kicked,we're wasting time troops and money. Overwhelming force,move in secure and occupy areas currently held by insurgents ,turn it over to Iraq, and be gone.
Sectarian violence is not our responsibility,That's a problem Saddam handled with an iron fist. It will continue until one side accept the other,and the vultures of Al-Qaida are feeding off of it.Iran should (and will,eventually) remain involved with Iraq.Problem is they hate democracy,too!(at least our version of it.)So what then?

A/C and Cinemax? How 'bout a standing security force first?

ODShowtime
02-05-2007, 08:49 PM

No one in this forum has ever blamed the soldiers. At least those below General rank.

I blame the lack of securing the ammo dumps while moving so fast that we allowed the iraqi army and command to blend into the population.

If we would have stopped those two things, we may have prevented a civil war and made a decent country out of Iraq. But it's too late to secure the ammo and slowly kill all the troops.

It's too late now. ge&friends fucked up.

Lqskdiver
02-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Hindsight is 20/20.

ODShowtime
02-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Hindsight is 20/20.

What kind of fucking joke are you? Are you still sticking up for gw&friends? PATHETIC.

How many times do we have to present you with evidence that the administration cherry picked intelligence? That they planned for the war before any evidence was verified? That dissenting generals were fired? That there was no plan for the peace?

How many times do you have to read about why the 1991 invasion stopped before we toppled Saddam?

Should I quote ghwbush? how about schwartzcoff? Who else?

People in this country knew better and were ingored.

Grow up, pay attention, and stop acting like an asshole. It's getting old.

BigBadBrian
02-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

Grow up, pay attention, and stop acting like an asshole. It's getting old.

I'll tell you what's getting old. All the fucking insults in here.

Can you possibly debate without it?

hideyoursheep
02-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

NO!!!!

....."Every REAL American loves the sting of battle"...

GSP jr.:D

Guitar Shark
02-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Mmmmm... this Kool-Ade is GOOD!!!

Glad you like it, sir! ;)

LoungeMachine
02-06-2007, 04:14 PM

LET'S GO TO THE ARCHIVES, AND DIG UP BRIE'S LAST FRONT LINE POST, SHALL WE?

Geez, another Internet tough guy.

You're probably a little booger-eating wimp with horn rimmed glasses that's never been laid.

Fuck off, KKKunt.

:gulp:

WOW, NO HYPOCRISY THERE. :rolleyes:

What a pathetic little man you are, Brie.

LoungeMachine
02-06-2007, 04:16 PM

You should start another ovary-stuffed feedback thread about how much better the FL was before. :rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
02-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
You should start another ovary-stuffed feedback thread about how much better the FL was before. :rolleyes:

You'll just whine about it.

Maybe I'll entitle it:

FORD for FL mod!!!!

:D

ODShowtime
02-07-2007, 08:13 AM

You're a fucking joke too. Shut the fuck up.

I'm sick and tired of the moron brigade running things and I WON'T be nice anymore.

You've all been proven wrong and thousands have died because of it.