PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Half Time

pflo
02-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Prince covered Foo Fighters. Grohl must be shitting. Pretty awesome show, actually.

Terry
02-04-2007, 09:15 PM
It was good, although I didn't know what the hell Prince was playing with that Foos song until the chorus came around.

pflo
02-05-2007, 12:26 AM
He had "all along the watchtower" going,then slipped in "best of you" lyrics over the Dylan tune, then full on Foo Fighters. It was pretty fuckin clever.

jhale667
02-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by pflo
He had "all along the watchtower" going,then slipped in "best of you" lyrics over the Dylan tune, then full on Foo Fighters. It was pretty fuckin clever.

I was surprised to see him playing a Strat....

FORD
02-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by pflo
Prince covered Foo Fighters. Grohl must be shitting. Pretty awesome show, actually.

The Foos covered "Darling Nikki". Prince was just returning the favor.

Little Texan
02-05-2007, 02:16 PM
I can't believe anyone found that halftime show remotely entertaining! Prince sucked ass, and other than the Aerosmith/pop princess/fag band shit a few years back it was about the worst halftime show I've ever seen! It wouldn't have been so bad if Prince would have played some of his own songs instead of doing butchered versions of other artists' songs! We had a good time laughing at and making fun of Prince, though! Being dressed like a two bit queer with that rag on his head he stole from Aunt Jemima, and my niece commented that his guitar looked like something straight from Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, which had us all cracking up!

Little Texan
02-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Purple Rain is the only one of his own songs he performed! I was hoping he'd at least play Little Red Corvette!

hideyoursheep
02-05-2007, 03:31 PM
He phoned that whole thing in. It sounded like overdriven ass.

Waiting to see if the dancers with the stilettos would fall and bust their ass in the rain was the only thing keeping me on it.