02-05-2007, 08:47 PM
i have a home theatre, nothing special.

it jams those concert dvds though.

52 inch LG plasma
Harman Kardon avr 630 7.1 surround
2-JBL E100 for mains
4-JBL E50 for sides and rear
JBL ec35 center
and a svs 400 watt sub, this sucker thumps.

i could have done better on speakers but i was limited in what i wanted to spend, the only other brand i could afford was klipch speakers and in my opinion, jbls sound alot better.

when i started out putting this together, i never imagined i would spend 500 dollars on cables and speaker wire.

i work in new homes as a drywall finisher, i have seen quite a few kick ass home theatre systems, even whole home theatres with everything
in them right down to popcorn machines and glass cases with candy in them to real theatre seats.

what are you all doing for those kick ass concert dvds?

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-05-2007, 10:45 PM
50 inch sony plasma, got it before sony stopped making plasmas. Sony surround system, out of the box. When I built my home I had it wired for sound throughout. Waiting to save enough money to get a real system that can handle what I want to do. For now though, the 5.1 serves the purpose.

Jimmy Jingles
02-06-2007, 11:42 AM
13 inch picture tube (in COLOR!) blasting through some kick ass $4 Radio Shack speakers.

Mr. G
02-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Speaking of home theater, I have had three powered subwoofers, JBL 12" 150 watts, MTX 12" 100 watts and a Radio Shack RCA 10" 150 watt. Amazingly the RCA is better than the other two. Doesn't make any sense. It is twice as loud as the other two and decent sound quality. The JBL quit working after a year and I couldn't buy the required power module as it was discontinued.

Panamark
02-09-2007, 06:54 AM
All I know is that we will all be replacing all
our shit *AGAIN* very shortly....

Blu Ray and High Def everything, knockin at
the door !!

I went with the High Def 32 inch LG (1080i) CRT
screen for living room, yes you heard me right CRT,
looks like a flatscreen from the front, no pixelation
on fast moving action like all the other technolgies.
HDMI inputs, inbuilt Hi Def tuner, its a beauty...

In the movie room, Yamaha 5.1 sound, Wharefdale
Speakers, Sony Projector and a huge LP Morgan
fixed home projector screen.. 120" I think it is..
Nice black velvet frame, and specially coated
material, brings out the best in the projector..
Looks heaps better than the old white wall..

The projector and DVD player no doubt will be the
first to go....

SweetSecrets
02-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Baby, the first to go will be that couch.

I love you to death, but I have much better taste in upolstery.

:)

ELVIS
02-09-2007, 07:17 AM
LMAO!

:D

Seshmeister
02-09-2007, 10:19 AM
You had a long run PM but welcome to the world where you spend more on soft furnishings than toys...:)

Coyote
02-09-2007, 10:44 AM
I don't have a home theater setup. I'm not that much of a hi-fi nutcase. ;)

I'd much rather spend my money on guitars and the various paraphenilia involved.

VanHalener
02-09-2007, 11:10 AM
HD projection w/ surround downstairs.

Large plasma on main floor.

Old school home theatre in garage with 4'X5' screen on wall.(working on car/partying/sports, etc..)

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
I don't have a home theater setup. I'm not that much of a hi-fi nutcase. ;)

I'd much rather spend my money on guitars and the various paraphenilia involved.

It's all about priorities. My one friend said during football season that I was nuts for spending the kind of money I did on a plasma, even though he has seen it many times, and agrees it's awsome. However, he and his wife just got back from Hawaii. They spent as much in a week as I spent for my tv. I hope to have for at least 7 years or more. All priorities.

SweetSecrets
02-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
You had a long run PM but welcome to the world where you spend more on soft furnishings than toys...:)

Actually, I am all about the toys too...don't get me wrong. However, the house does look a lot "softer" since I moved in. :D

Panamark
02-10-2007, 01:44 AM
Hmmmm..... not sure how to answer that one :p

I love me old couch, its grate !!!!