PDA

View Full Version : Sad Story

Susie Q
02-07-2007, 02:49 PM
It has been brutally cold here for many days now, even colder at night. Below zero....wind whipping....making it untolerable for even the wild life that surrounds my home.

Anyways, I wanted to get some errands done over the weekend. You know...do it all in one trip. I open the garage door, get in the car and bring the car out into the driveway, noticing what I thought was a rock moving?! I get out of the car, shut the garage door and head back to my car. I take a closer look at this 'moving rock' only to see that it is a long haired grey striped cat. His ear is about torn off, his one eye is frozen shut, there is blood all over the snow and dripping from his mouth. My son, who like me is a avid cat lover tells me, "MOM...we have GOT to do something about this!" I told him, "Dan...he was attacked by something he might have rabies, I dunno if I wanna get close to him or not." He said, "MOM....you can't just let him sit there! We have to do something!!" So, I called the sherrif's department and told them of the cat and asked him who I would get in contact with. He gave me two contact numbers. One being the Animal Control officer, and the other the local SPCA. The animal control officer said, 'Did it bite anyone?" I said, "No." She said, 'Well....we only come out if it is a dog anyways and if it bites someone. I don't know what to tell you." I called the local SPCA and they said to bring it in. I said, 'You won't come out and get it? She said, no you will have to bring it in." So...out goes me and my boy. I bent down and talked to the cat and grabbed a hold of him. He was FROZEN SOLID to the ROCKS. I had to TEAR him off of the rocks hearing his skin and fur rip off the rock and him whine in pain. He didn't fight me as he was too weak. On further investigation his eye was missing, and the left side of his face was ripped off from the side of his nose down to his chin. My son held him as we raced to the SPCA. We got there and the lady was visibly shaken and immediately put him in a pet carrier and whisked him off to the Vet.

The cat didn't make it and he was euthanised.

What a bummer...eh?

Hardrock69
02-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Man that fucking sucks.

Sorry you had to deal with it, but you did the best you could.

Poor kitty.
:(

jhale667
02-07-2007, 04:44 PM
That sucks...sorry to hear that. I took in an abused stray several months back, found her living in the crawlspace under my house....she was THE most emaciated cat I've ever seen....but she was in nowhere near THAT bad condition. It took me almost two WEEKS of leaving food out for her before she even trusted me enough to come out when I was around. I can tell she was abused because if you raise your voice or even LOOK like you're going to raise a hand on her, she COWERS...doesn't run, mind you --- just cringes like she's EXPECTING the impending blow. Another odd thing is that she hides from any male that enters my place besides me...yet she'll come out and try to befriend any female that comes in. So I'm guessing her original owner was a dude that kicked the shit out of her. She's better now, but she was at death's door when I found her. People who abuse animals should die. :mad:

Dan
02-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
People who abuse animals should die. :mad:

I second that.

Dan
02-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Sorry to hear about that Susie.:(

Diamondjimi
02-07-2007, 05:28 PM
People who abuse animals should die. :mad:

Couldn't agree more.

Kudos to ya Suzie you did the right thing.
Sad fact is that cats tend to crawl up onto warm engines for heat in the dead of winter. It happened to my Mom a number of years ago. She went back out to fire up the car to run some errands , heard a thump, turned off the car and found a cat underneath the car in very bad shape. Same thing , took it to the vet and it had to be put down.
Sad when this stuff happens. To this day she'll give the hood a whack on very cold days before she starts up the car.

jhale667
02-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Couldn't agree more.

Sad fact is that cats tend to crawl up onto warm engines for heat in the dead of winter.

Yet another reason why the average life expectancy of an indoor cat is 18 years and that of an outdoor cat is more like 18 MONTHS....

SparkieD
02-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Aw, that breaks my hearthttp://www.mazeguy.net/sad/cryingeyesout.gif At least it died knowing someone cared and not out in the cold. Five stars to you for your kindness.

Susie Q
02-08-2007, 11:43 AM
You know what bums me out though is the fact that someone actually left this poor thing out there. I don't wanna sound like Bob Barker or nothing but Jesus....spay or denut the animal and keep the thing inside. Especially Cats in the country. They are just fresh meat for the wild animals that are out there. My cat's have always been inside cats. This is whether I live in the city OR country.

I really despise anyone who would be cruel enough to harm the defenseless. Animals, old people, people with disabilities....you name it. There is enough negativity in the world, enough evil. We need more love and compassion out there.

The SPCA ladies wanted me to take another cat home with me. I'm pondering it. There is this two year old white and grey male cat who has been there since July and no one has took him yet. He was in this cage just rubbing his head on the cage, reaching out for us with his little paw. I think our "cuddles the cat" may have a new brother soon... :)

Susie Q
02-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by SparkieD
Aw, that breaks my hearthttp://www.mazeguy.net/sad/cryingeyesout.gif At least it died knowing someone cared and not out in the cold. Five stars to you for your kindness.

That's the trick, he went for a nice warm ride in a blanket being cuddled and talked to real gentle like. Sad sad day that was.....

VanHalener
02-08-2007, 01:09 PM
I wish I never read this thread. I'm so depressed now I think I'll go stare at the wall for a couple of hours.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Epvhp-inRjY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Epvhp-inRjY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Hardrock69
02-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, where I live, it is just far enuff out of town that GODDAMNABLE FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT COCKSUCKING BASTARDS like to drive out to my area and dump their unwanted animals out by the side of the road and then drive off.

My sister lived in my house before I bought it, and she became the owner of a dog that appeared out of nowhere one day. They kept it for 6 months or so, then turned it over to a pet adoption agency.

On Sept. 15, 2003, I was sitting in my office at home working (I was doing freelance drafting at the time). It was a beautiful day, sunny, green, and I had all the doors and windows open.

Suddenly I heard "YIP!!!".

wtf????

I walked out onto my porch, and there playing in the yard in front of my house were 3 puppies.

How they got there I will never know, as my house is about 150 feet away from the road, and is about 100 feet above it in terms of elevation.

Here is a pic looking down my driveway (taken in May 2005):
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=514793

They coulda been dumped off...they coulda been living at someone's house out in the woods and just wandered off, winding up in my yard.

So anyway....I waited a week while I searched for the nearest no-kill shelter, and I used the time to determine how many and which puppies I wanted to keep.

I ended up choosing the one that was always beat up on by the other 2 (the underdog lol).

So I took the other two to a shelter I found, and kept the one, whom I named Buddy.

Buddy is my son.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=514796

I see some feral cats every now and then. I will see one or two, then not see any for months and months.

People who abuse their pets should die, and they should be given the same treatment they gave their animals.
:mad:

I will say one thing though.

The fuckers that dropped those 3 puppies off, gave me a new best friend. And for that I am thankful.
:cool:

Last_Child
02-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Shit like this suck..

Over here there were some fucking kids that captured 3-4 cats from one family, then ran to the woods nearby to torture and hang the cats.
One week or so later the cats were found by the family's kids... Imagine 4 hanged & abused cats that had been dead for 1 week.

Fucking bastards!

flappo
02-08-2007, 04:09 PM
my cat reminds me of wolverine

he looks SO meek and mild

hah

but you fuckin with him

you faaakkin wit da best™

;)

Baby's On Fire
02-08-2007, 07:02 PM
That sucks...sorry to hear that. I took in an abused stray several months back, found her living in the crawlspace under my house....she was THE most emaciated cat I've ever seen....but she was in nowhere near THAT bad condition. It took me almost two WEEKS of leaving food out for her before she even trusted me enough to come out when I was around. I can tell she was abused because if you raise your voice or even LOOK like you're going to raise a hand on her, she COWERS...doesn't run, mind you --- just cringes like she's EXPECTING the impending blow. Another odd thing is that she hides from any male that enters my place besides me...yet she'll come out and try to befriend any female that comes in. So I'm guessing her original owner was a dude that kicked the shit out of her. She's better now, but she was at death's door when I found her. People who abuse animals should die. :mad:

That's fucking right. I would be HONOURED to torture the fuck out of anyone who abuses any animal. I would love it.

Baby's On Fire
02-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q
You know what bums me out though is the fact that someone actually left this poor thing out there. I don't wanna sound like Bob Barker or nothing but Jesus....spay or denut the animal and keep the thing inside. Especially Cats in the country. They are just fresh meat for the wild animals that are out there. My cat's have always been inside cats. This is whether I live in the city OR country.

I really despise anyone who would be cruel enough to harm the defenseless. Animals, old people, people with disabilities....you name it. There is enough negativity in the world, enough evil. We need more love and compassion out there.

The SPCA ladies wanted me to take another cat home with me. I'm pondering it. There is this two year old white and grey male cat who has been there since July and no one has took him yet. He was in this cage just rubbing his head on the cage, reaching out for us with his little paw. I think our "cuddles the cat" may have a new brother soon... :)

TAKE HOME THAT CAT. There should be more people like you. ;)

SparkieD
02-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by flappo
my cat reminds me of wolverine...

Tiki and I had a cat that looked just like ol' Wolvie. We found him when he was a tiny kitten outside in the freezing cold with a collar on that was about three inches too tight. He smelled so bad that we named him Skunk. He had a huge head with fangs that hung out way past his chin and a look that said "Fuck you." He was really muscular so he walked like a bulldog. He was tough but his meow sounded just like a kitten. That cat loved avocadoes and catnip-the latter so much that he would climb up onto the countertop, open the cabinet, and get the shit out himself. Skunk ended up dying while Hurricane Floyd was raging outside at the age of six due to life-long kidney problems. Man, I miss that cat.

Baby's On Fire
02-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Cats are the greatest. Even cooler than dogs. Anyone who doesn't like cats has mental issues IMHO.

SparkieD
02-08-2007, 09:34 PM
HR69, it sounds like somebody knew you were an animal lover. That kind of shit happens to my mom all the time. There's always a new cat hangin' out at her house. Some-damn-body knows Mom loves cats.

Hardrock69
02-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Yeah....around here though it is a random thing. My neighbors have called me up a couple of times over the past 5 years asking if I knew anybody wanting their latest "addition" to the family. Orphaned kats are rare around here. Perhaps those are the feral ones I see...they don't come up to anyone's house looking for a handout. But there are dogs dropped off around here proably once every other year at least.

VanHalener
02-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Went out to smoke one morning a few years ago and found five kittens balled together at my back door. Kept two and found homes for the others. A while later the female we kept had kittens, and we had to find homes for them. We fixed our cats and everything since has been great.

Ozzy Fudd
02-09-2007, 11:25 AM
SusieQ my sister...
you are now known as the cat lady.
Steve Erwin would be proud of ya!

An now that im all bummed out i am going to bring a little sunshine in here...

Please read on.

I have a Beagle. I was buying a small bag of Purina at Wal-Mart and was in line to check out. A woman behind me asked if I had a dog. (DUH!)

On impulse, I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, and that I was starting the Purina Diet again. Although I probably shouldn't, because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IV's in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry, and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff an Irish Setters ass, and a car hit us both.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack, he was laughing so hard!

Hardrock69
02-09-2007, 01:53 PM
LAFF MY FUCKING ASS OFF!!!

The PERFECT smartass story to tell a complete and utter moron....

:D

Susie Q
02-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Ozzy Fudd
SusieQ my sister...
you are now known as the cat lady.
Steve Erwin would be proud of ya!

An now that im all bummed out i am going to bring a little sunshine in here...

Please read on.

I have a Beagle. I was buying a small bag of Purina at Wal-Mart and was in line to check out. A woman behind me asked if I had a dog. (DUH!)

On impulse, I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, and that I was starting the Purina Diet again. Although I probably shouldn't, because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IV's in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry, and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff an Irish Setters ass, and a car hit us both.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack, he was laughing so hard!

Oh Jesus.....lol :p :D

Mezro
02-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Mezro...I can't recall a pussy ever freezing on me...