PDA

View Full Version : James Hetfield is alive and well

PHOENIX
04-26-2004, 04:28 PM
JAMES ALIVE AND WELL
Several news agencies have falsely reported a rumor that METALLICA frontman James Hetfield took his own life by swallowing a dozen sleeping pills. The rumor has manifested onto METALLICA message boards and across the world. These reports are FALSE. Here is a statement from Metallica.com concerning this issue:
"Contrary to what you may have read on message boards or heard from news agencies, James Hetfield is alive and doing extremely well. Thank you for everyone's concern."

Fairwrning
04-26-2004, 05:52 PM
well..since they just played a show here sat. night ...i would have to concur....or did this supposedly happen LAST night???

BITEYOASS
04-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Well James Hetfield ain't dead, but Metallica might as well be!

Va Beach VH Fan
04-26-2004, 07:51 PM
They're here tonight in Norfolk, probably hit the stage in about an hour...

I had to skip it, too much other shit to do tonight.....

thefive
04-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Lars is just annoying. So is Hatfield

thefive
04-26-2004, 08:01 PM
http://www.metallicasucks.com/

Ever see this site???

thefive
04-26-2004, 08:07 PM
ah the flash and audio doesnt work

SoCalChelle
04-26-2004, 10:50 PM
I hadn't heard the rumor, but I'm glad it's not true.

Panamark
04-26-2004, 11:09 PM
That would truly be the end of Metallica. I still live in eternal hope (just like Van Halen) that they can return to their former greatness.
That could never happen without Jaymz. Glad to hear he is not dead !
I remember when Cliff Burton got killed. That was a major blow..

SoCalChelle
04-26-2004, 11:14 PM
How 'bout we get Hetfield to sing for Van Halen? Van Hetfield LOL

Lou
04-26-2004, 11:20 PM
You know, it's only been in the past few months where the two rock stations around here have been playing old-school Metallica on a semi-regular basis. All I had ever heard before was stuff from the Black Album on, basically all of which I couldn't stand. Now hearing the old-school stuff like "Am I Evil," "Blackened," "Master of Puppets"...it's actually pretty damn good. I never thought I'd like Metallica but wow those are good songs. I could tell that they really meant it back then, that it had some soul. When I hear the Black Album shit onward, besides still not liking it, it's very clear to me that it was ALL for the purposes of selling out. The feel and the sound is just so different--much more mainstream, and just crappy and uninspired.

Hecubus
04-26-2004, 11:51 PM
Yay. That means that they can continue to make 'quality' albums.

Yay.

The worst thing that those pricks did was drive Newsted from the band.

PHOENIX
04-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Hecubus
Yay. That means that they can continue to make 'quality' albums.

Yay.

The worst thing that those pricks did was drive Newsted from the band.

I miss Newsted.

I dont like the new guy. Men are not supposed to have pig tails!

ELVIS
04-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Now hearing the old-school stuff like "Am I Evil," "Blackened," "Master of Puppets"...it's actually pretty damn good.

No shirt shitlock...:rolleyes:

Va Beach VH Fan
04-27-2004, 07:58 PM
I guess the show was good last night, here's the setlist/review...

http://www.metallicabb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117457

Lou
04-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
No shirt shitlock...:rolleyes:

Make sure you pad that post count alright!

Panamark
04-28-2004, 03:30 AM
All those songs you mention Rock, Lou. Master is one of the bestest ever Metal songs ever written in my opinion. They were the greatest back then. Especially with Cliff Burton. Imagine if the original lineup of
Cliff Burton, James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich and Dave Mustaine had managed to keep it together.. However, I think Kirk Hammet fitted in
well, I love a lot of his older stuff.

Its such a shame to hear their last few albums, the best recent Metallica was that Garage Days revisted, which was all covers. But it had a lot more of the honesty of the original band in it, than their
recent commercial releases. I was primed for St Anger, and it sucked.. I hope the next one is finally the one we have all been waiting for..

FORD
04-28-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
I miss Newsted.

I dont like the new guy. Men are not supposed to have pig tails!

I dare you to go out on the Rez and say that :mad: