PDA

View Full Version : The Thread About Duplicate Threads

Rikk
02-12-2007, 08:19 PM
I read more whining and bitching about duplicate threads on here than I care to think about. With all respect to the Moderators and owner(s) of this awesome forum, I don't get it. I realize there are times when the Moderators see a need to shut down or move a thread due to duplicity or redundancy - but beyond that, why do so many people bitch about duplicate threads?

For example, every time someone posts something about Wolfie (which is obviously a controversial topic, and for good reason), someone feels the need to slam the thread for being a wornout topic. My thought about the matter is, why not just ignore the fucking thread? If it's not worth wasting the time posting a reply to, then just let the son of a bitch drop out of site due to no replies. The Wolfie threads are not going to die until way beyond the 2007 Van Halen tour, so get a grip on it.

Personally, I don't give a damn about duplicate threads. Each thread usually has a distinct and unique thought to discuss. If the Mods see a need to move or delete the thread, who am I to question them? Beyond that, if they think the thread should stay alive - then who the fuck am I (or anyone else) to bitch about it? If I don't like it, I am a big enough boy to just ignore the mother fucker!

:D :D :D

Dan
02-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Cheers Rikk.

:bottle:

Steve Savicki
02-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Rikk Here's an idea...take your hands off those udders and quit whining about the practices of other mods.

http://rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27863&perpage=30&pagenumber=2

post #33

vh rides again
03-04-2007, 02:29 PM
rick
no shit, if you post a new subject and it has the same words in it, like rock and roll hall of fame the subject gets squashed.
jesus christ as soon as people start answering a fucking question the mods come in and spoil the fun.
whos this fucking site for the mods or david lee roth fans?
im sure if someone doesnt want to read a certain subject they can pass it up.
most of these subjects that are stickied on the main page are so fucked up with arguments and other bullshit that i dont even look at them anymore.
some mods need to take a chill pill and are taking this shit way too seriously.
it aint like new vanhalen or david lee roth news is coming in by the bucketload.

ThrillsNSpills
03-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by vh rides again
rick

most of these subjects that are stickied on the main page are so fucked up with arguments and other bullshit

That's it ! Gloves are off ! I've had it.
:wow2:

ThrillsNSpills
03-04-2007, 03:22 PM
:hitch: I haven't been to sleep since the late 80's. C'mon

BrownSound1
03-07-2007, 01:44 AM
The main reason the threads are being closed is because the mods are bored. :D Personally, I don't the need for multiple threads of the same subject, or threads that are posted because someone is too lazy to see if the topic is already in discussion.

Rikk
03-07-2007, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
The main reason the threads are being closed is because the mods are bored. :D Personally, I don't the need for multiple threads of the same subject, or threads that are posted because someone is too lazy to see if the topic is already in discussion.

Brownsound...

I didn't actually mean anything I wrote in the post. I was just duplicating the complaint thread to piss the author of the original thread off...:D

BrownSound1
03-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Goddamn it Rikk!! This is a duplicate thread, and I'm going to close it. :D

katie
03-07-2007, 04:55 AM
1 Thunderclap Newman - Something In The Air 3.55
2 BLACKFOOT SUE - STANDING IN THE ROAD 3.58
3 Hawkwind - Silver Machine 4.40
4 T-Rex - 20th Century Boy 3.40
5 SUPERTRAMP - Dreamer 3.33
6 David Bowie - Rebel Rebel 4.30
7 Roxy Music - Streetlife 3.28