PDA

View Full Version : RIKK Found Dead

LoungeMachine
02-15-2007, 10:26 PM
World

Roth Army Poster found dead

The Canadian rock star, Rikk, lead singer with the pop group The Pen Shepherds, has been found dead in an exclusive hotel in Sydney.

Reports say the star was found dead in his room at the Ritz Carlton Hotel, Double Bay, shortly after midday, local time. Rikk's body was taken from the hotel amid unconfirmed reports that he had committed suicide by hanging himself.

Police told a press conference in Sydney that a belt had been taken away from the scene, but stressed that there were no suspicious circumstances. Only legally prescribed drugs were found in his room

Rikk, 37 years old, is the partner of the English television personality Paula Yates and father of one of her children.

Reports say the star was found hanging in his room
He was a guest at the hotel and had arrived in Sydney earlier in the week to prepare for a series of concerts celebrating the rock band's 20th anniversary.

As news of the star's death was broadcast on the city's television and radio stations a large crowd gathered outside the hotel.

Paula Yates has been told of Rikk's death. Speaking outside the couple's home in Chelsea, London, her lawyer, Anthony Burton appealed for Yates to be left alone with her children.

"Paula heard this devastating news through a friend and myself a short while ago... I would ask that she be left alone with her children and friends to enable her to absorb and cope with what has happened," he said.

Ms Yates is now travelling to Australia.

Mr Burton said that Yates could "give no explanation for Michael's death."

Rikk's parents, who dined with him at a restaurant near the hotel on Friday night, have also been informed.

The Peh Shepherds shot to international success in 1987 with their album "KUNT," and have sold 20 million albums since 1981. Rikk was always described as being the focus of the band.

His private life has come under the media spotlight in recent years for his romances with fellow Australian pop star Kylie Minogue, model Helena Christensen and the former wife of rock star Bob Geldof, Paula Yates, mother of his daughter Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily.

Last month, the star revealed that he planned to marry 37-year-old Paula on the Tahitian island of Bora Bora in January.

Her daughters from her previous marriage to Bob Geldof - Fifi Trixibelle, 14, Peaches, seven, and Pixie, five - were expected to attend.

The couple had been house-hunting in Sydney, and were known to be eyeing a $2m Australian dollars mansion overlooking the city's Opera House.

Rikk told reporters recently: "I'm the luckiest man alive."

Rikk
02-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Sad shit.:(

The story reported Rikks as being 37...he's younger than that. But otherwise, the story was 100% accurate.

Thanks for reporting this, LOUNGE. It's a sad day for the Pen and the Army.

By the way, KUNT was a great album. With hits like NEW GUNT, THE GUNT INSIDE, I NEED KUNT TONIGHT and TITTIFY ME...it was a great time for music.

LoungeMachine
02-15-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm lining up Pall Bearers as we speak....

The condolence letters have poured in....

along with a few "Yippeees" ;)

Most are planning on attending the funeral "just to make sure this time the fucker's really dead"

Rikk
02-15-2007, 10:50 PM
I, for one, hope he is dead. He's got a big mouth.

hideyoursheep
02-15-2007, 11:02 PM
I never got the chance to know Rikk ...
*sniff sniff*
I fronted him an 8-ball and let him use my Scarlett Johansen blow-up doll...*sniff*

He didn't clean it before he brought it back...

I think his family should have it......

binnie
02-16-2007, 03:32 AM
There have been a lot of VH related deaths recently!

bueno bob
02-16-2007, 03:44 AM
When will that rat bastard BILL LUMBERGH die???

:mad:

Dan
02-16-2007, 04:21 AM
Damn you Rikk.:(

Who gets his Jane Fonda work-out Tapes?

Ice Cream Girl
02-16-2007, 04:41 AM
In related news, Michael Hutchence has also resurrected himself to post witty comments in an INXS forum...

fryingdutchman
02-16-2007, 06:22 AM
I'm surprised that Katie hasn't offered her condolences yet.

I had heard they were close.

;)

ThrillsNSpills
02-16-2007, 07:21 AM
somewhere FaB is dancing and creating earthquakes.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Probably over Rikk's gravesite.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
02-16-2007, 10:53 AM
It was a belt that asphixiated him?

Huh.

I always guessed he'd die from a lack of oxygen, but I figured it would be b/c an enormous woman was sitting on his face.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Hey, that report says nothing aboot Rikk temporarily replacing Roger Taylor on the Queen + Paul Rodgers American tour last year.

http://www.paulrodgers.com/images/news_images/jul05/PaulLarryBrian_1718.jpg

EAT MY ASSHOLE
02-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
It was a belt that asphixiated him?

Huh.

I always guessed he'd die from a lack of oxygen, but I figured it would be b/c an enormous woman was sitting on his face.

By this, I am of course referring to Bueno Bob's Vagina.

ThrillsNSpills
02-16-2007, 11:01 AM
http://www.larryhagman.com/jeanniecolortwo.jpg

Calm down.

Jeannie will bring him back.

bueno bob
02-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Fuck that. Leave Rikk and bring back Jeannie.

:D

ThrillsNSpills
02-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Fuck that. Leave Rikk and bring back Jeannie.

:D

http://www.freenudecelebs.dk/nude-celebs-pictures/b/barbara-eden-nude/barbara-eden-nude-4.jpg