PDA

View Full Version : Aerosmith Announce European Tour

Atomic_Rob
02-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Aerosmith are gonna do a World Tour this year, with dates in South America and Europe on sale and more shows to be announced over the coming weeks.

It is strongly rumoured that at this Monday's Aerosmith show at the Hard Rock Cafe in London, they will use it as a chance to announce themselves as one of the headliners of the "Hyde Park Calling" Festival, held over 2 days in June. Strong rumours suggest The Rolling Stones will headline the other day.

Ticket information Here (http://www.aeroforceone.com)

Anyone on here planning on catching any of the dates?

ODShowtime
02-16-2007, 09:13 PM
You should. Don't listen to some people around here. Aerosmith still KICKS ASS live. And they're cool enough to play Amazing or Crying or one of those shit songs every now and then so you can go take a piss and get a fresh brew without missing anything important. Good times.

Atomic_Rob
02-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Me and some mates including a couple of lads from Roth Army [Smaz and Loss Of Fools] are gonna go to the Hyde Park show when they announce it.

Been waiting to see Aerosmith for years but they totally overlooked Europe, they are still popular over here and a tour of nearly an description [stadium, arena, club etc] would do really well.

At the moment it seems the tour is gonna be mainly festivals, fingers crossed they come back and do a proper tour of more than just a couple of dates.

How many times you seen Aero and when was the first time you saw them?

binnie
02-17-2007, 03:43 AM
Yeah, me and a buddy that I've known for years are gonna catch 'em if they play anywhere in the UK.

One of the few bands left that I love and haven't seen...

From what I've seen on film, they've still got it live, I just hope they don't put us through Crazy, Cryin' AND Amazing....

Give us the old stuff....

Shaun Ponsonby
02-17-2007, 01:06 PM
They'll do

Cryin'
Crazy
Amazing...AND

Don't Wanna Miss A FUCKING Thing

But, despite this...I'll be there (most likely)

Shaun Ponsonby
02-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Hyde Park Calling last year was headlined by The Who and Roger Waters.

This year it's rumoured to be the Stones and Aerosmith.

binnie
02-17-2007, 01:43 PM
I can see ticket prices being fucking ridiculous if the Stones are there....

Shaun Ponsonby
02-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Well, the Stones charge a fucking ridiculous amount for people to book them (It's somewhere past the £1 million mark according to Michael Eavis)

Atomic_Rob
02-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Last year it was £80 for both days.

If the Stones and Aerosmith headline and its the same price, worth every penny just for those 2.

I paid £50 for the Stones in 2006 and £60 in 2003, not pleased but had to see them, and the second time in 2006 they were amazing and we had better seats.

Twickenham isn't that great for gigs.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-17-2007, 04:21 PM
It'll probably be a bit more with the Stones.

Did you go last year?

binnie
02-17-2007, 05:14 PM
I'd still rather see Aerosmith indoors, but beggars can't be choosers....

Atomic_Rob
02-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by binnie

Yeah definitely, the attitude on the aeroforceone.com forums is that everyone wants them to headline their own indoor tour or own stadium gigs.

I didn't go to Hyde Park Calling last year, if Razorlight could have switched with Primal Scream so Primals and The Who didn't clash [or so I was lead to believe] then I would have definitely see The Who.

Not bothered about Roger Waters doing Dark Side, but are you going to see him in May?

Shaun Ponsonby
02-18-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm not prepared to pay £50 for shitty seats...if it was FLOYD, then yes, I would (but, I probably wouldn't be able to find tix for that anyway).

You missed out with The Who. I saw them at the Liverpool Summer Pops last year (a kewl month long festival of headlining gigs in a 4,500 seater tent. Last year they had The Who, Whitesnake, The Darkness, plus one of James Brown's last shows amongst them). Probably the best gig I've been to.

I'll also be seeing them at Knowsley Hall Music festival in June. Bit of a shitty line up (apart from The Who), but I managed to score Golden Circle Tickets, so it should be gooden.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by binnie

Exactly, exactly...

ODShowtime
02-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
Last year it was £80 for both days.

If the Stones and Aerosmith headline and its the same price, worth every penny just for those 2.

I paid £50 for the Stones in 2006 and £60 in 2003, not pleased but had to see them, and the second time in 2006 they were amazing and we had better seats.

Twickenham isn't that great for gigs.

I got to see the Stones, AC/DC and Rush for only $20. THAT was a sweet ticket.

But the The WHO and Roger Waters would have been nuts!

ODShowtime
02-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Me and some mates including a couple of lads from Roth Army [Smaz and Loss Of Fools] are gonna go to the Hyde Park show when they announce it.

How many times you seen Aero and when was the first time you saw them?

Here's the setlist from the last time I saw them. Two hot drunk lezzies sat in front of us and made out with my girl. :D

I have the DVD for this. The show, not the lezbos.

Aerosmith
01/17/06
Tampa, FL
St Pete Times Forum

01. Helter Skelter
02. Walk This Way
03. Same Old Song and Dance
04. Cryin'
05. Mama Kin
06. Livin' On The Edge
07. Shakin' My Cage
08. Stop Messin' Around
09. Sweet Emotion
10. Seasons Of Wither
11. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
12. Dream On
13. Kings And Queens
14. No More No More
15. Baby Please Don't Go
16. Train Kept A Rollin' (Slow)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
17. Back In The Saddle
18. Come Together
19. Draw The Line

Note the two Beatles songs.

Here's the time I saw them before that. I have the audio for this. The intro is the theme from Conan the Barbarian.

Aerosmith
8-31-03
Hershey Stadium
Hershey PA.

oade stealth->D8
11th row, stage right

Mama Kin->
Same Old Song and Dance->
Love In An Elevator
Pink
Jaded
What it Takes
I Never Loved a Girl Like i Love You
Stop Messin' Around
Baby Please Don't Go
Dream On
Adam's Apple
Nobody's Fault
Cryin'
Walk This Way
Bass Solo
Sweet Emotion
Toys In The Attic

They bring out vintage equipment for what it takes to baby please don't go. No encore for this late show after Kiss.

I saw them in 2004 and don't have a tape for that. Cheap Trick opened. And in 94, they were good then too. Jackal opened for that.

binnie
02-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Cheers for those setlists, it will be well worth seeing them if they play anything like those...

Shaun Ponsonby
02-19-2007, 12:56 PM
I'll say.

Atomic_Rob
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Holy shit, that is a sweet ticket!

Nowhere near the same but I got to see Stereophonics, The Who and David Bowie for £60, with each of them doing a full headline set at the 2004 Isle of Wight Festival.

If they played the 2006 Lesbo setlist :D then that would be one hell of a show!

I'm really pissed off though, the Aero dates are when all my work is due in at Uni, if the show in Dublin was 2 days later then I could see them twice in 3 days, but alas Hyde Park Calling it is then...

Atomic_Rob
02-19-2007, 07:53 PM
I've got tickets for The Who at the Rose Bowl in Southampton, should be a nice hot day like Monsters Of Rock 06, take some cool beers, chill out and then see The Who.

Not a bad life :D

ODShowtime
02-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Holy shit, that is a sweet ticket!

Nowhere near the same but I got to see Stereophonics, The Who and David Bowie for £60, with each of them doing a full headline set at the 2004 Isle of Wight Festival.

If they played the 2006 Lesbo setlist :D then that would be one hell of a show!

The Who and David Bowie together would be great.

I cannot believe how incredible David Bowie is live. I saw him in 2004 as well. You should check out his A Reality Tour DVD if you haven't yet.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-28-2007, 09:23 AM
I have that DVD...it fookin' kewl.

Bowie is a true legend.

ODShowtime
02-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
I have that DVD...it fookin' kewl.

Bowie is a true legend.

Sister Midnight fuckin ROCKS.

I like the Ziggy Stardust DVD too with that big fat Les Paul sound... but I try not to watch it around friends. I don't like explaining the miniskirts!

Shaun Ponsonby
03-02-2007, 04:15 AM
HA!

I picked that up yesterday. Haven't watched it yet, though.

I also like the "Best of" DVD. Its interesting to watch his morphing, both visually and musically.

ppg960
03-06-2007, 12:06 PM
They kicked ass when I went to their show in 2005.
Played the new MTS Center. It sounded great.