PDA

View Full Version : Your Filthy Litte Mouth

theicecreamman
02-17-2007, 09:07 PM
I was wondering what you guys thought about Your Filthy Little Mouth. I have never heard anything from the album and I am debating if I will buy it when I buy the remastered version of Little Ain't Enough. Should i pick up YFLM?

Douglas T.
02-17-2007, 09:40 PM
A ROTH fan you should have the whole set!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:D

pRIKKy
02-17-2007, 09:45 PM
hello

ah this is the one with stevie via on yes?

i have not played it for a while but it is good.

i like yankee rose

i also like this website

hearboutitlater
02-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Sure, I found it to be the closest to the CVH sound. Becker's quite a guitarist. When you have talent like that on a record, it never stops putting a smile on your face. Too bad the music climate at that time(grunge creeping in) didnt make it a platinum hit like the previous solo efforts.

JohnnyGuitar69
02-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Terry Kilgore was the guitarist on Your Filthy Little Mouth, not Jason Becker. Terry is a great guy, a badass guitarist, and a good friend of mine as well.

I dig that album because of the diversity of styles on it.

I have lots of stories from that era told to me by TK. These days, Terry has a kickass business going and a bitchin' house. One of the things that impresses me the most about Kilgore is what a good Dad he is: he's a single father to his 4 yr old daughter, takes care of his elderly parents (he built a house for them on his property) and he's one of the best human beings (and parents) that I know! :-)

Best regards,

Johnny

JohnnyGuitar69
02-17-2007, 10:13 PM
I forgot to mention that Terry told me that "Ed and I grew up together since we were in short pants". Can't post all he told me (which may get me flamed, but such is life), but he did pass on some good stuff concerning Ed's gear that I can post if anyone's interested.

I'm NOT trying to pass myself off as anyone with critical inside info, just to be clear.

Have a good one!

pRIKKy
02-17-2007, 10:17 PM
OK noobs!

Lets get somthang straight.
Me and my boys Loungy, Fordy, Jimmyjinglebelly run this website round these here parts OK!

MY NAME IS RIKK GET iT!

Who dares to fuck with me?

And don't any of you new posters dare take me on or my friends will call you names and stuff!

so when i say steve via played on that record he did ok!!!!!!

Who's the daddy?

RIKK

Atomic Dyver
02-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.

Exactly.....go get em.

JohnnyGuitar69
02-17-2007, 10:21 PM
OK Rikk, you the Daddy! LOL

hearboutitlater
02-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Ah yes, my apologies. Guess my excitement for the album got the best of me :D It's like when I confuse Dom DeLuise for Paul Prudhomme (or maybe nothing like that!).

JohnnyGuitar69
02-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by hearboutitlater
Ah yes, my apologies. Guess my excitement for the album got the best of me :D It's like when I confuse Dom DeLuise for Paul Prudhomme (or maybe nothing like that!).

LOL! No worries man. I saw that Becker was selling his amps on eBay recently, it's a fucking shame what happened to that poor guy. God bless his family for taking such good care of him. Anyone here know him?

pRIKKy
02-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar69
OK Rikk, you the Daddy! LOL

Your not one of my boys!

Fuck off this site you wannabe!

RIKK

hideyoursheep
02-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by pRIKKy
Your not one of my boys!

Fuck off this site you wannabe!

RIKK

What happened?

You been in Barry Bond's locker?

JohnnyGuitar69
02-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Wannabe what?

RIKK, I'm overjoyed at Dave being back where he belongs...IN VAN HALEN.

Also, I'm friends with Ed's amp tech Dave Friedman of Rack Systems (and done a lot of product development work with him, by the way), I'm friends with Terry Kilgore, and above all, I haven't exhibited any arrogance here.

Best wishes to you and yours,

Johnny

General Hina
02-18-2007, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by theicecreamman
I was wondering what you guys thought about Your Filthy Little Mouth. I have never heard anything from the album and I am debating if I will buy it when I buy the remastered version of Little Ain't Enough. Should i pick up YFLM?

ALAE is being remastered!!! When and where can I buy it??

General Hina
02-18-2007, 05:53 AM
I found it!! Here's the info on the DLR remastered CDs:
http://www.fridaymusic.com/

Over & Out,
General Hina

jero
02-18-2007, 06:09 AM
Remasterd? Never heard anything about this...

:confused:

Loons The Great
02-18-2007, 09:25 AM
They should remaster SkysCRAPer and remove all the motherfuckin' keyboards. 'Nuff said.

Tell the truth, you snaggletooth.

thetoolrules
02-18-2007, 09:27 AM
only for the "4th octave" aka old yeller impersonation, I thought it was dave's most creative album ever. it was definitely dave's best display of "painting with the big easel".

bantonelli
02-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Douglas T.

Right on, Doug T.

..And YES, YFLM is EXCELLENT. Add it to your collection NOW :cool:

PHOENIX
02-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Brilliant!

thetoolrules
02-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Brilliant! thanks! (your kind comment is making me feel a lil bashful right bout now!)

Anonymous
02-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by theicecreamman

Here's my - and other people's - take on it:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37980

Check it out.

Cheers! :bottle:

theicecreamman
02-18-2007, 12:24 PM
I have decided to pick up YFLM with Little Ain't Enough.

Thanks to everyone who replied

katie
02-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Sadly this was the LP that lost David his record contract.

I know it was another of his left turns but back in the day everyone wanted to ROCK!

Listening to it again with fresh ears i can see the market that Dave wanted to hit as well.

Hoping there will be some unrealeased outtakes on that CD

Katie

trueblue
02-21-2007, 06:00 AM
I have heard YFLM through loads of times over the years and I have always had totally mixed feelings about this record. It sounds a bit ridiculous, but I have honestly 'tried' but failed to really like this album like some of Dave's other solo albums. I really enjoy the first few songs; 'She's My Machine', 'Big Train', 'Experienced', but then the rest leave me all mixed up and somewhat annoyed and frustrated.

For starters, I wish Dave hadn't been so all over the map with the songs; country, rap, blues, hard rock, and so on. I'd also have truly preferred him to avoid the 'duets'. Dave could easily have pulled off a country song all on his own without having to apparently borrow some credibility by dueting with a country star. The three songs in the middle sort of bore me to tears these days. I wish there had been no 'No Big Ting', a trashy rap tune, no irritating remix of a lousy song like 'You're Breathin' It' which meant the song appeared twice on the record. The title track was a dud to me, and the Hendrix-like 'Land's Edge' blues was quite ordinary. 'Night Life' should have been on 'Diamond Dave' another of Dave's solo adventures that I never genuinely enjoyed too much. 'Sunburn' sound like classic elevator or airport music. However, I sort of enjoyed Dave's live-wire lyrics throughout the album. Too bad he had arguably the least impressive backing band of his entire solo career behind him on this album and it really showed right thru. I admire Dave for being true to himself and doing exactly what he wanted to with YFLM. It's just that for me, YFLM still sounds mostly under-par, hardly memorable and quite a big let-down for a lifetime DLR fan like me.

Loons The Great
02-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Land's Edge...dig the lyrics...and Roth blues'd it up live...fo' sho'...:D