PDA

View Full Version : Hello. New member; 1st post.

Bonzo1026
02-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Hey gang,

Just joined and this is my first post so ease up if there's already a post/question about this..............

Any word on actual tour dates/cities yet? And am I the only one scratching my head as to why they plan to do ampitheaters as opposed to arenas? I should imagine they would be able to pack arenas as they did back in the day especially since this has been such a long awaited reunion. It's not like people our age are pouring loads of cash out and going to alot of concerts these days with the horsesh*t that's out there today so we're about due for an outing to show these youngins what a parking lot tailgate is all about!!!!!

I plan to be there regardless. I never missed a CVH show in Philly and I even fell for the Van Hagar shows a couple times. Having seen both lineups, it's incredible how many homos ended up being fans when Hagar the Horrible joined. Couldn't even "light up" without getting frowned upon. How the hell else was I going to get through "I Can't Drive 55?" LOL

Frank

FORD
02-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Not a word yet on the Ticketbastard or Pollstar sites. The choice of ampitheaters over arenas, I'm guessing is that it's a summer tour and they would rather play outdoor venues than under a concrete & steel roof. I know I've seen Dave's band in both indoor and outdoor venues in recent years and definitely preferred the outdoor shows.

Part of that was the venue itself though. Just can't beat The Gorge for a concert setting.

If I had to guess, I would expect tickets to go on sale right around the time of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame ceremony, so they can take advantage of the publicity.

This would be similar to what the Police just did, announcing their tour right after the Grammy appearance.

bantonelli
02-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Welcome to the ARMY.

You will get several opinions on your question, but as I read one post, most Classic VH fans are now in their late 30's/40's, have mortgages, kids, and may or may not attend, as opposed to when they were younger (less responsibilities).

You also have something called the "Great Divide", meaning Classic VH fans are not Van Hagar fans and visa versa. With that factor, I don't think VH can truly expect the fan base to be what it was 23 years ago. So, I think they are playing it safe with starting out at smaller venues as opposed to arenas.

I do think they will play Staples Ctr. (Arena) once they return "home" to Los Angeles for the last of their 40 gigs.

ELVIS
02-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Welcome, and no, you don't have to guess...

Carry on...

Oh BTW, we do have more than one forum...

:elvis:

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Welcome Bonzo, the VH Philly show should be awesome. I'm going to try and make it. Depends on the date. I'm 600 miles away.

The_KiD
02-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Welcome to the Roth Army...

Cheers,

KiD

ELVIS
02-19-2007, 03:39 PM
The have these things called Airplanes that can get you there in no time...

:elvis:

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Funny Elvis. If I return to the Philly area I will want to see some friends and spend a couple days. For me, I work quite a bit, so It depends on the dates, vacation time etc.

hideyoursheep
02-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Hey Now, Frank.

If I had to guess(and that's what I gotta do)I'd say the long-time VH fans will show up with or without Spammy Pajammy,and the Roth fans will FINALLY show up. Gonna be interesting to see if they add dates(crossed fingers) or implode.

I don't trust VH just yet,but I hope it goes well...

Not performing @ the RRHoF kinda makes me wonder if this is not more about Prodigy not ready than playing with Mike.

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
Hey Now, Frank.

If I had to guess(and that's what I gotta do)I'd say the long-time VH fans will show up with or without Spammy Pajammy,and the Roth fans will FINALLY show up. Gonna be interesting to see if they add dates(crossed fingers) or implode.

I don't trust VH just yet,but I hope it goes well...

Not performing @ the RRHoF kinda makes me wonder if this is not more about Prodigy not ready than playing with Mike.

Surely he could be ready to do a couple of songs.

binnie
02-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Welcome to the Army, sit back enjoy and don't take all of what you read to seriously....

katie
02-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the army

Katie
x

Rikk
02-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by katie
Welcome to the army

Katie
x

Don't bother with this one, Frank...she's out of her gourd and probably won't be here much longer.

katie
02-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Don't bother with this one, Frank...she's out of her gourd and probably won't be here much longer.

Any chance of you actually saying hello to Frank then?

jhale667
02-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by katie
Any chance of you actually saying hello to Frank then?

First things first...he has to be warned about trolls like you.

Welcome to the Army! :D

VanHalener
02-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Welcome

Have a drink on me...:gulp:

Now, Roth On!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C_Sebn7YyjE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C_Sebn7YyjE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

4moreyears
02-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by vanhalener
Welcome

Have a drink on me...:gulp:

Now, Roth On!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C_Sebn7YyjE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C_Sebn7YyjE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></em

bed></object>

they sound tight here especially Mike. Great bass line. Can't wait until Wolfie fucks this up.

DLRdelight!
02-19-2007, 11:47 PM
welcome to the army. hope to see more posts

katie
02-20-2007, 04:38 AM
We are not all mad here frank, but it helps.

Happy posting

Katie
x

Golden AWe
02-20-2007, 04:47 AM
Where's them nude pics of yours, Katie?

MERRYKISSMASS2U
02-20-2007, 04:49 AM

Bienvenidos! Ignore this bitch, and have fun.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
02-20-2007, 04:49 AM
katie, not Rikk lol...

binnie
02-20-2007, 04:56 AM
C'mon guys, we're gonna scare this newbie away!

Shaun Ponsonby
02-20-2007, 05:33 AM
That sounded quite gay, Bin.

Hey, Bonzo.

Make sure you don't up being a troll like so many newbies before you. It gets kinda embarrassing after a while. People who come here, complain aboot the fact that we encourage abuse, make a hat out of leaves and then start hurling personal issues at people then get banned.

And if you find a spanner, it's mine.

binnie
02-20-2007, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
That sounded quite gay, Bin.

Ha Ha, well it certainly wasn't intended too!

DavidLeeNatra
02-20-2007, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by binnie
C'mon guys, we're gonna scare this newbie away!

then he doesn't belong here... :D

this is not the newbie-army-bootcamp yet...

Shaun Ponsonby
02-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Ha Ha, well it certainly wasn't intended too!

It was like Kirk Hammett in that bit in "Some Kind Of Monster", just before Hetfield leaves for rehab.

"Come on, guys, let's hammer it out instead of hammering at each other, guys."

binnie
02-20-2007, 08:46 AM
It was like Kirk Hammett in that bit in "Some Kind Of Monster", just before Hetfield leaves for rehab.

"Come on, guys, let's hammer it out instead of hammering at each other, guys."

Ha Ha!!

yeah, I know what you mean.

Kirk came out of the film the strongest though didn't he?

Actaully, that sounds a little gay too....

Shaun Ponsonby
02-20-2007, 09:04 AM
It all sounds gay. People are going to CUNTfuse us for a Hagar forum.

DavidLeeNatra
02-20-2007, 09:10 AM
It all sounds gay. People are going to CUNTfuse us for a Hagar forum.

so what...they'll learn real fast :D

Shaun Ponsonby
02-20-2007, 09:12 AM
HA!!

Bonzo1026
02-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Thank you all for your warm welcome. This isn't my first message board so I know the deal but thanks for the warning(s) nonetheless. Looks like with the latest tour news, my initial post has become pointless so I'll just go back to putting on the CVH tunes and putting an old group poster in front of a fan so it looks like they're playing! LOL

Shaun Ponsonby
02-21-2007, 11:11 AM
This is a whole different kind of messge board.

There is NOWHERE like this anywhere on the interweb.

DavidLeeNatra
02-22-2007, 12:13 PM
This is a whole different kind of messge board.

There is NOWHERE like this anywhere on the interweb.

and you know what? thank godness...

Rikk
02-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Bonzo1026
Thank you all for your warm welcome. This isn't my first message board so I know the deal but thanks for the warning(s) nonetheless. Looks like with the latest tour news, my initial post has become pointless so I'll just go back to putting on the CVH tunes and putting an old group poster in front of a fan so it looks like they're playing! LOL

Fuck off.

Adam Sanchez
02-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Hey everybody,

as a fellow NOOB I have a couple of things i have been wondering about this forum...

Why all of the references to: Smoking Loon and Crotchkicks wearing VH cups?

What is the story behind the various references to these things? I've tried to search for these items, but there are so many damn references it didn't help!

DavidLeeNatra
02-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Adam Sanchez
Hey everybody,

as a fellow NOOB I have a couple of things i have been wondering about this forum...

Why all of the references to: Smoking Loon and Crotchkicks wearing VH cups?

What is the story behind the various references to these things? I've tried to search for these items, but there are so many damn references it didn't help!

so...now you better be wearing a cup :D

Bonzo1026
02-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Fuck off.

Bitch, please. I see keyboard courage is still alive and well.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-26-2007, 05:48 PM
I see a computer screen.