PDA

View Full Version : Drop In The Bucket

Bill Lumbergh
04-27-2004, 01:34 PM
I've always been a huge fan of ALAE, very underappreciated album. However, the song "Drop in The Bucket" has never been a fave of mine. Lately though I can't stop playing the damn song! I'm literally addicted to it, on the way to work I have to crank it up. Get's me in a semi good mood for the 9 hours of hell to come. Your thoughts on the song?

secrets
04-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Yeah I like it too. Great solo by Jason Becker at the end of the song. This album is growing on me more and more.

Bill Lumbergh
04-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Totally agree with you on that bro. I always liked it but it has jumped up to the top, it gets better with age.

Lou
04-27-2004, 10:08 PM
That song is one of my favs off the album, always has been. "It's Showtime!" is the best song off that album though.

ashstralia
04-27-2004, 10:20 PM
i love that album.
i remember when it came out i was dissappointed there was no vai,
but then i pressed 'play'!! whew! jason becker.
the whole thing fuckin rox.
steve hunter's work is awesome too.
i like every song, but the swampy swagger of sensible shoes and the
boogie metal on crank that is showtime are the highlights.
but yeah bill, i love that song, just the whole vibe of the album is cool.

TMR
04-28-2004, 01:05 AM
DROP IN THE BUCKET and SHOWTIME are what made Jason Becker and DLR a great team!

I'd take Jason anyday over EVH!

Another great tune, DOGTOWN SHUFFLE.

If anyone doesn't like this cd, then they didn't like Van Halen!

ashstralia
04-28-2004, 08:09 AM
fuck, i'm listenin to it now,
i'm gonna make a stir
yes tmr, dogtown rox.
hammerhead, baby's on fire, last call,
let's face it dudes, THIS ALBUM FUCKIN RULES!!!!!!!!

ashstralia
04-28-2004, 08:12 AM
its unbelievably spectacular from over here baby.
wooo
hooo!

cwsmith17
05-01-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
I've always been a huge fan of ALAE, very underappreciated album. However, the song "Drop in The Bucket" has never been a fave of mine. Lately though I can't stop playing the damn song! I'm literally addicted to it, on the way to work I have to crank it up. Get's me in a semi good mood for the 9 hours of hell to come. Your thoughts on the song?

I feel the same way! The song has such a great chorus, it makes you want to freak out.

thefive
05-01-2004, 02:06 AM
Is this one of the 2 songs that Jason wrote when Dave asked him if he wanted any of his own songs on the album? Dave said the album was almost or completed when Jason came on board.

I know one was It's showtime.

Bill Lumbergh
05-01-2004, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by thefive
Is this one of the 2 songs that Jason wrote when Dave asked him if he wanted any of his own songs on the album? Dave said the album was almost or completed when Jason came on board.

I know one was It's showtime.

Yep. Those were the two tunes that Jason co-wrote.

thefive
05-01-2004, 02:59 AM
thank you my friend

Bill Lumbergh
05-01-2004, 03:02 AM
No problem at all. What are your thoughts on Jasons playing on the album. I've seen opinions here ranging from "It's great" to "nothing special" . What are your thoughts?

ELVIS
05-01-2004, 04:02 AM
Drop In The Bucket has always been a grate tune...

It's Showtime is good but it's a total Van Halen rip off...

TMR
05-01-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Drop In The Bucket has always been a grate tune...

It's Showtime is good but it's a total Van Halen rip off...

This makes no sense at all! A Van Halen rip-off??

VAN HALEN IS DAVID LEE ROTH:)

thefive
05-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
No problem at all. What are your thoughts on Jasons playing on the album. I've seen opinions here ranging from "It's great" to "nothing special" . What are your thoughts?

Incredible!!! I do not understand the people saying nothing special.

And I say incredible before I even knew of Jason's problem. He had to deal with his problem while recording the album. Amazing.

Seshmeister
05-02-2004, 09:24 AM
From Jason Beckers Website
"From my point of view the first song and last two songs are totally awesome. The rest has some great moments but, to me, not as constantly as I would have preferred. I learned so much from every musician on this CD. I treasure their friendships and examples. What a treat to work with such pros."

The last two tracks on the CD are the standout ones for me too and Drop it in the bucket is the best song on the album IMHO.

I wish Roth had got JB to write more songs.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Warham
05-03-2004, 09:02 AM
40 Below and Drop In The Bucket are probably my two favorite tracks on the album. I love Sensible Shoes too. I'd rather listen to these three than the title track, which is pretty much a straight-ahead Dave rocker.

knuckleboner
05-11-2004, 02:48 PM
"drop in the bucket" doesn't start off as a killer song. but it builds. by the time the final, "here come one more drop in the bucket," hook and becker's solo come along, it's kicking.

somehow, by the time the song ends, every time i listen to it, i'm never ready for it to end. (which is probably the way a great song is supposed to go. always leave 'em wanting more.)

Bill Lumbergh
05-12-2004, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
"drop in the bucket" doesn't start off as a killer song. but it builds. by the time the final, "here come one more drop in the bucket," hook and becker's solo come along, it's kicking.

somehow, by the time the song ends, every time i listen to it, i'm never ready for it to end. (which is probably the way a great song is supposed to go. always leave 'em wanting more.)

Totally agree with that last comment........

Loons The Great
05-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Any tune with D-Ro on harp is killah.

mako_kimura
05-27-2006, 09:50 PM
It's probably one of the best tunes on ALAE. And it's cool that Jason wrote it himself

DavidLeeNatra
05-28-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by mako_kimura
It's probably one of the best tunes on ALAE. And it's cool that Jason wrote it himself

the roth/becker package could have been something big... :(

DlocRoth
06-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by mako_kimura

Yeah, he's a big boy! LOL

binnie
06-01-2006, 02:35 PM
I really like that song, and that album.

Becker was really talented...