PDA

View Full Version : Obama: U.S. must help protect Israel from enemies

BigBadBrian
02-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Sen. Obama: U.S. must support Israel's right to self defense

By Shmuel Rosner, Haaretz Correspondent

WASHINGTON - United States Senator Barack Obama, a Democrat from Illinois who is competing for his party's presidential nomination, told Haaretz on Thursday that the United States should help protect Israel from its "dangerous" enemies.

"My view is that the United States' special relationship with Israel obligates us to be helpful to them in the search for credible partners with whom they can make peace, while also supporting Israel in defending itself against enemies sworn to its destruction," he said.

"Israelis want more than anything to live in peace with their neighbors, but Israel also has real - and very dangerous - enemies," Obama said.

Obama, the first black candidate with a real chance at the Democratic nomination, intends to present his policy regarding Israel soon, and his staff has been drafting a speech on the subject.

In his speech, Obama intends to remove any doubts that the Democratic Party's donors and constituents, many of whom are Jewish, may have about his support for Israel.

Link (http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/826665.html)

Nitro Express
02-21-2007, 03:02 AM
Yeah, well the current leaders of Israel are using our treasury and blood to fight their enemies now. Who do you think is pushing Bush to bomb Iran? Them crazy Jews.

hideyoursheep
02-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
"Israelis want more than anything to live in peace with their neighbors.."

I agree they have a right to defend themselves,
but they shouldn't stoop down to a terrorist level by indiscriminately destroying buildings,either.

Nickdfresh
02-21-2007, 07:38 PM
You mean Obama said that Israel has the right to defend itself?

Wow! What a shocker! I wonder if he thinks Canada or Uganda also have the right to defend themselves too?