PDA

View Full Version : Me Sell Guitar, How Much Get Ebay?

GAR
04-27-2004, 03:24 PM
".. which cost me $700 in parts to build all custom, so i don't think Im asking too much"

Well folks, what is this thing REALLY worth on the open market?

Lets figure it out - for starters, a bolt-on neck will cost about $40 and a body-blank about the same..

Cathedral
04-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Well, to me i would start by asking myself what is the least I am willing to sell it for...Then I make that my starting bid.

Everything I ever buy is an investment to me, (i save all reciepts) and I am not in the market of selling things for less than my initial investment.
If I cannot get my initial investment out of something it will sit in my possession and rot away to nothing before i place it in the garbage.

If you have $700.00 in it, and it is a unique piece, then there is your starting bid. If it doesn't sell (only saying this because it is Hagar themed, lol) Keep it and mount it on a wall if you don't wish to play it anymore.

(The only exception to my rule was a $25.00 ZOOM 505 that I "gave" to Eyes of the Night for the cost of shipping, which he never sent back to me.) he even pawned it and turned it into cash and I still never got my shipping costs.....pretty much ended my generosity factor for helping anyone else out that sounded like shit and needed some improvement to their sound.
But as it turned out, it wasn't lack of effects that makes him sound so bad...It's his lack of ability that did that.

Good Luck!

ELVIS
04-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by GAR

Not much.. $350 maybe...

Hey Senior.. Is that you in the pic ???

ELVIS
04-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Hmmm...

Maybe a bit more.. but that headstock sure is ugly...

Panamark
04-28-2004, 12:51 AM
No offense, but that guitar would never sit alongside my
others. I fucking hate Spammy, and that thing is screaming
Spammy..

Maybe paint Jack Daniels on it.. Might sell for more without
the Spammy conotations..

GAR
04-28-2004, 04:23 AM
I feel so sad for these two Hagar fans.

All they wanted to do was build a small ornament to show Sammy what they think of him: that he's a small, fattened and frightened drunk like themselves.

.. and that they accept him despite all that.

Hopefully, Sam accepted them as fans for going to Cabo despite waving this fucking piece of worthless shit in his face during the evening.

GAR
04-28-2004, 04:25 AM
If you hold a piece of paper against the edge of that stupid neck with that ghey headstock, you'll see the neck didn't line up properly.

It is unplayable.

ELVIS
04-28-2004, 05:32 AM
I'm confused...

Panamark
04-28-2004, 08:25 AM
ELVIS, its not actually GAR :)

Cathedral
04-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Oh, it's not your guitar, GAR?

I was unclear on that so I can go ahead and say what i wanted to say...

Get an axe (one for cutting wood) chop that fucker up and throw it in the fireplace.... :)

Panamark
04-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Are these your typical Hagar fans ?
(We dont have Hagar fans in Oz)

They kinda look a lot like him. Especialy the woman with the perm and the red top, and the boobs.. All very Spammy-esque.....

Cathedral
04-28-2004, 09:00 AM
I'd rent her for about 15 minutes and then kick her out.

If she brings that guitar she'll have to pay me instead and then i'd beat the shit out of her with it.

Big Troubles
04-28-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by GAR
".. which cost me $700 in parts to build all custom, so i don't think Im asking too much"

Lets figure it out - for starters, a bolt-on neck will cost about $40 and a body-blank about the same..

That is one fucking ugly guitar. LOL sorry. I just screams Sammy and well, this isn't the place for screaming that guy.
Put your reserve set to $800, starting bid $100, and let it fly from there. You'll find out quickly enough how much its worth to people by the amount of bids and by your counter.

Big Troubles
04-28-2004, 09:07 AM
I think she's hot! ;)
but getting back to the guitar;
I have an imitation strat, that I paid less than $200 for, and I would gladly keep it, over that Cabo Wabo special you got going on there.
Im sure it plays nice, though. But then again, so do bag pipes.

ELVIS
04-28-2004, 12:11 PM
:D:D:D

Mr Grimsdale
04-28-2004, 03:01 PM
GAR is the one on the left.

Coyote
04-29-2004, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't pay 5 cents for that senseless waste of wood. :mad:

GAR
04-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Im sure it plays nice, though. But then again, so do bag pipes.

This is just some fan's "Art Guitar" - it doesn't actually play, you can tell by holding a ruler OR PENCIL UP TO YOUR SCREEN AND YOU WILL SEE THIS NECK IS OFF-CENTER.

These two asscrabs went to see Sammy Hagar in Cabo San Lucas, they're sitting outside Cabo and you'll notice the drinks by their ass.

.. along with a big foam Sammy #1 finger they share as a sexual extraction tool.

They brought that foam thing, and the thing with strings, on the plane with them all the way from the USA.

They are both on the Sammy Hagar Mailing List.

I AM NOT THE ON ON THE LEFT OR THE RIGHT

GAR
04-29-2004, 07:43 PM
the derty hoore what took tha pic

http://www.angiesplaceonthe.net/Cabo/CaboTrips/Oct02_htm/images/15.jpg

SHE is the AntiHITCH™

Cathedral
05-01-2004, 01:12 AM
She's cute.....but too young.

GAR
05-01-2004, 02:15 AM
escuse me?

That's Angie Wankitfuerya, she's like 50.

ELVIS
05-01-2004, 02:26 AM
Cat is 99...

Panamark
05-01-2004, 04:55 AM
LMAO ! Ah well, we know that his reproduction systems still work :D

Panamark
05-01-2004, 05:08 AM
Is Angie Wankitfuerya a Hagar fan ? She doesnt look big enough ??

Cathedral
05-01-2004, 01:05 PM
Hey man, I have a thing for older women and their experience is second to none. they don't play head games, they have their own money, they have sown all their wild oats and are ready for something genuine at 50.

Of course mature women who don't and haven't taken care of themselves aren't very attractive.....There are some very nice looking mature women in this world that have never had their world rocked, Cat-style, lol...

GAR
05-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Is Angie Wankitfuerya a Hagar fan ? She doesnt look big enough ??

She helps manage the Sammy Hagar mailing list on Yahoo Groups, and does Mona the bass players website.

Mona's website looks shittier than my cats' unattended crapbox. http://www.pinkvoodoo.com

Panamark
05-03-2004, 05:21 AM
Angie, angie, when will Spam hagar disappear?
Angie, angie, where will it lead us from here?
With no meaning in their songs and no rockin for our souls
You can’t say we’re satisfied

But angie, I still love you, baby
But aint it time Spam said Goodbye ?

Join the Roth'n'Roll Army, woman !!
There is still time...

GAR
05-06-2004, 04:41 PM
I wonder what Angie, BoDean and Paula think of their hero, Hagar, after all this Up For Breakfast flak?

Cathedral
05-07-2004, 12:45 AM
Spammy only serves to "Bring my Breakfast back up", nuff said...

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-12-2004, 01:28 AM
THAT GUITAR THOSE TWO TURDS ARE HOLDING LOOKS LIKE A TOTAL PIECE OF FUCKING UNPLAYBLE SHIT

THEY SHOULD ANNHILATE PEOPLE LIKE THIS ON PRINCIPLE THAT THEY'RE JUST GONNA GO HOME AND FUCK AND BREED MORE FUCKING JACKASSES LIKE THEMSELVES

THEN THE WORLD WILL BE FULL OF SHITTY INTELLECTS WHO THINK A PLANK OF ROTTEN GARBAGE LIKE THIS THING THAT ASSWIPE IS HOLDING HAS SOME KIND OF VALUE

IF I WAS SAMMY I WOULD SIGN THE BITCHES BIG DUMB CHICLETA TEETH THEN BREAK THE GUITAR NECK OVER THE DUDES JAW WHACK. LIKE THAT AND THEN STUFF IT UP HIS BIG BROWN ARSE

BrownSound1
05-12-2004, 04:03 PM
You'd be better off buying a Harmony brand guitar. :D