PDA

View Full Version : Tony Iommi smashing Ritchie Blackmore over the head with a banjo.

rustoffa
02-23-2007, 12:24 AM
So I was talking with someone that used to work at ELDERLY guitars the other day, not like the person used to work there the other day....anyway, you know what I mean.

Supposedly, this person witnessed Tony Iommi and Ritchie Blackmore getting into a heated argument that led to Tony smashing a banjo over Ritchie's head. This supposed event took place a few years back, and according to the source, was funny as a motherfucker.

I asked the person what the argument was about, and the person had no clue, but added a brief account of the way the banjo hit Ritchie's head.

"All I saw was the banjo hitting Ritchie's head...holy shit, you wanna talk over-driven! Fucking Iommi looked like he was chopping wood!"

I mumbled something about a banjo not being an axe, and the person assured me that Ritchie was basically as tall as a piece of firewood.

:rolleyes:

Panamark
02-23-2007, 01:13 AM
And ever since Ritchie has been a travelling minstrel in
the Medieval Fairy Moonshadow band... Or whatever the
fuck they call themselves...

Someone needs to smack him again, maybe its reversible ???

Coyote
02-23-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Panamark

Pray to God it would work...

bueno bob
02-23-2007, 02:33 AM
I've heard the rumors of this, actually. I was hoping to get a chance to meet Tony some day, grovel on the ground before His Infinite Greatness and ask him about it.

By Tony's own admission, if Black Sabbath hadn't have happened, he'd have been a boxer or a fighter of some sort, and he's got the frame to do it...also has quite the rough background growing up (used to laugh during interviews that he'd beat the shit out of Ozzy on the playground on an almost regular basis just because he didn't like the way Ozzy looked).

Supposedly, Tony's fuse has gotten quite a lot longer in his old age, but I'd imagine it's still got it's limits. On top of that, Blackmore's been known to...eh...bring out the worst in people, so I'd say there's quite possibly some reality to it...

:)

binnie
02-23-2007, 03:15 AM
Surreal, but funny!

Anonymous
02-23-2007, 04:32 AM

I dunno... I like his work pretending to be a minstrel in a Medieval Fairy Moonshadow band...

Cheers! :bottle:

BruinJer
02-23-2007, 08:10 AM

I remember seeing an interview with Ritchie... it sounded like his girlfriend got him into that shit.... it had that "pussy whipped" tone to it. No wonder Ian Gillan hates Ritchie, he really is an asshole!!