PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry Must Go

BigBadBrian
04-27-2004, 05:44 PM
John Kerry Must Go
Note to Democrats: it's not too late to draft someone—anyone—else
The Village Voice

WASHINGTON, D.C.— With the air gushing out of John Kerry's balloon, it may be only a matter of time until political insiders in Washington face the dread reality that the junior senator from Massachusetts doesn't have what it takes to win and has got to go. As arrogant and out of it as the Democratic political establishment is, even these pols know the party's got to have someone to run against George Bush. They can't exactly expect the president to self-destruct into thin air.

With growing issues over his wealth (which makes fellow plutocrat Bush seem a charity case by comparison), the miasma over his medals and ribbons (or ribbons and medals), his uninspiring record in the Senate (yes war, no war), and wishy-washy efforts to mimic Bill Clinton's triangulation gimmickry (the protractor factor), Kerry sinks day by day. The pros all know that the candidate who starts each morning by having to explain himself is a goner.

What to do? Look for the Dem biggies, whoever they are these days, to sit down with the rich and arrogant presumptive nominee and try to persuade him to take a hike. Then they can return to business as usual—resurrecting John Edwards, who is still hanging around, or staging an open convention in Boston, or both.

If things proceed as they are, the dim-bulb Dem leaders are going to be very sorry they screwed Howard Dean.

lucky wilbury
04-27-2004, 06:19 PM
you beat me to the punch! their already turning on kerry. i wonder if nader will go up in the polls as kerry stance amoung dems goes down.

FORD
04-27-2004, 06:26 PM
Shit, I was just coming over here to post this one.

The last line really says it all :(

If these fucking idiots had a clue, they'd shitcan Judas and get a Dean/Clark ticket out there. But it's been evident for weeks now that Kerry and the now 100% PNAC controlled DLC are playing this thing to lose....

Wayne L.
04-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Domocratic Presidential candidate John Kerry already knows he's not going to be the next president of the US, the Democratic Party establishement already knows it's going to lose this election against President Bush in November, Al Franken & Janeane Garofalo aren't helping the Democrats agenda on talk radio which is why it's bombing, I think the Democrats will win back the White House more than likely in 08 because the American People will be looking for a change, which will not be another JFK to relive the 60's again in their minds!!!

BigBadBrian
04-28-2004, 09:37 AM
:)

BigBadBrian
04-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Shit, I was just coming over here to post this one.

The last line really says it all :(

If these fucking idiots had a clue, they'd shitcan Judas and get a Dean/Clark ticket out there. But it's been evident for weeks now that Kerry and the now 100% PNAC controlled DLC are playing this thing to lose....

You gotta admit, the line that "Dean can't win" worked pretty well to persuade Iowa and New Hampshire voters from voting for Dean. It snowballed from there. :D