PDA

View Full Version : FrontLine Presidential Straw Poll

Warham
02-23-2007, 08:54 PM
We are nearly 18 months away from election day and anything can happen, but let's see who you think will WIN the presidency in '08, not who you would like to see win.

Little Texan
02-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Right now Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama seem to be the media darlings in the early going, but I think John Edwards will slowly emerge as the frontrunner over the next year or so and will win the Democratic nomination, and ultimately the presidency. The next president will be a Democrat, and I still don't see a woman nor a black guy being elected president at this point.

Little Texan
02-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Remember during the last campaign season on the Democratic side how Howard Dean was the frontrunner for so long and the eventual nominee John Kerry was in third place in polls? We all know how that one turned out. I think the same thing will happen between now and Nov. '08...alot of shit is going to go down between now and then.

FORD
02-26-2007, 10:04 PM
RE-ELECT GORE 2008!!!

LoungeMachine
02-26-2007, 10:17 PM
George Allen.

Oh wait.......

This thread is 1 year too early to mean jack-shit.

But thanks for popping by anyway....

:rolleyes:

*** Notice WarBOT doesnt bother to post his own prediction, following his 0 for 2 showing last November :D

Steve Savicki
02-26-2007, 10:19 PM
And give him 2 official terms.

knuckleboner
02-26-2007, 10:37 PM
hmmm...

rudy won't win the republican nomination. but i think he could take out hillary.

mccain will lose to any democrat. same with romney.

gore won't run, neither will kerry. biden will, but he can't win the nomination.

i'm going to go with the popular opinion and go with obama. he's still an unknown (except for his name) but as he starts to campaign, he'll get the democratic vote from hillary when the war debate heats up.

and, i don't think the race factor will wind up being that big a deal. of the states that kerry won in 2004, only pennsylvania is probably in play.

but, assuming obama holds pennsylvania, i think he takes virginia (with VP nominee, former virginia governor mark warner) and i think he takes ohio.

that's enough to give him the win.

(now, if all that actually comes true, seriously, you all are starting the "get the knuckleboner a show on CNN/MSNBC/Fox News" petition...:D)

FORD
02-26-2007, 10:43 PM
What worries me about Obama is not his race or even his name, because bullshit stories floated by racists don't deserve the time it takes to shoot them down.

But the limited experience is a factor. People WILL notice that. Not that Hillary has all that much more experience.

And there's also the fact that Senators don't get elected.

hideyoursheep
02-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by FORD
What worries me about Obama is not his race or even his name, because bullshit stories floated by racists don't deserve the time it takes to shoot them down.

But the limited experience is a factor. People WILL notice that. Not that Hillary has all that much more experience.

And there's also the fact that Senators don't get elected.

Good call on the senators.

But I seem to remember a dummy from Texas with no experience, slamming a POW and calling reporters assholes.

FORD
02-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
Good call on the senators.

But I seem to remember a dummy from Texas with no experience, slamming a POW and calling reporters assholes.

Chimpy was dumb (still is) but unfortunately, he was also a governor.

In Texas, "governor" is mostly a ceremonial position and it's the lieutenant governor who actually does the bulk of the state executive duties (unlike most states), but most people outside of Texas were unaware of this fact.

Executive branch experience has the definite edge in Presidential politics. Going back the last 40 years....

1968: Nixon - former VP vs Humphrey - sitting VP - Nixon wins

1972: Nixon - incumbent vs McGovern - sitting Senator - Nixon wins

1976: Ford - sitting substitute President vs Carter - ex governor - Carter wins

1980: Carter - incumbent vs Reagan - ex governor - Reagan wins

1984: Reagan - incumbent vs Mondale - ex VP - Reagan wins

1988: Poppy Bush - sitting VP vs Dukakis - governor - Poppy wins

1992: Poppy - incumbent vs Clinton - sitting governor - Clinton wins

1996: Clinton - incumbent vs Dole- ex Senator - Clinton wins

2000: Gore - sitting VP vs Chimpy - sitting governor - Gore wins, but Supreme Court gives it to Chimpy

2004: Chimp -illegal incumbent vs Kerry - sitting senator - Diebold wins

So there you have the last 40 years. Most candidates on both sides have been executive branch - either governors, sitting VP's or ex VP's. Two senators who ran lost big time and the third "lost" due to electro-fraud. It's not wise for either party to expect a Senator to win, but the Republicans are more than welcome to do so if they wish. :D

Seshmeister
02-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Your electoral system is totally corrupted by money.

Gore won't run. I don't understand why some people would even want him to when he couldn't even beat Bush.

LoungeMachine
02-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Your electoral system is totally corrupted by money.

Gore won't run. I don't understand why some people would even want him to when he couldn't even beat Bush.

He could, and did.....

And once Hillary implodes, due to swinging her dick to early, and Obama isn't the shiney new thing he is now, Gore may just be the one to come to the rescue....

SOMEONE is going to have to run against the sitting VP....the one who replaces Cheney later this year for "health reasons"

Hardrock69
02-27-2007, 08:44 AM
One thing is for certain....no Retardlican asshole stands a chance....

Steve Savicki
02-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Только время скажет.

LoungeMachine
02-27-2007, 09:02 AM
You can be just as annoying in English, Steve.

No need to be bi-lingually annoying as well....

Steve Savicki
02-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Maar er zijn veel meer dan enkel twee talen.

Seshmeister
02-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Только время скажет.

Tya mama huyem v rot ebala.

Cho ti zdiess narisovalsia?

Hardrock69
02-27-2007, 02:55 PM
http://i9.tinypic.com/2exlr7t.jpg

Satan
02-27-2007, 03:33 PM
SATAN for President 2008.
Why settle for the lesser Evil?

fryingdutchman
02-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Al Gore...should he choose to run.

He's become nothing short of a rockstar in the public perception right now.

Life handed him lemonades in 2004 and he's done more than make lemonade...he's become fucking COUNTRY TIME!!

Humorous guy, award-winning filmmaker, humanitarian....he'd have to seriously fuck up to lose his momentum.

fryingdutchman
02-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Then again, public perception and majority vote didn't really help the last time around, did it?

Lqskdiver
02-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Al Bore had his chance. His time came and went. He is now truly a rockstar and I don't think he wants the responsibility any longer.

My vote currently goes to Romney. Not saying he's gonna win but he gets my vote. Doesn't even bother me that he's from Massachusetts, but the guy has done some good for his state.

His biggest problem currently is getting past that whole Mormon belief. Although, once he starts talking more to the public and religious leaders, he should smooth that over.

Still, who here actually has a problem with a guy fucking more that one woman. It didn't stop the last President! ;)

Still, I think America is going to choose a Democrat for Prez...Hilary or Bama. Either GUY has a shot at it. :D

FORD
02-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
http://i9.tinypic.com/2exlr7t.jpg

For some reason, I looked at those bird glyphics and the first thing that came to mind was....
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_P4jikXg3o8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_P4jikXg3o8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

hideyoursheep
02-28-2007, 07:29 PM
You think dEd got the stripes idea from that fuckin' bus?

FORD, where are the govenor/presidential candidates for '08?

None of them want the job?

studly hungwell
02-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Chimpy was dumb (still is) but unfortunately, he was also a governor.

In Texas, "governor" is mostly a ceremonial position and it's the lieutenant governor who actually does the bulk of the state executive duties (unlike most states), but most people outside of Texas were unaware of this fact.

Executive branch experience has the definite edge in Presidential politics. Going back the last 40 years....

1968: Nixon - former VP vs Humphrey - sitting VP - Nixon wins

1972: Nixon - incumbent vs McGovern - sitting Senator - Nixon wins

1976: Ford - sitting substitute President vs Carter - ex governor - Carter wins

1980: Carter - incumbent vs Reagan - ex governor - Reagan wins

1984: Reagan - incumbent vs Mondale - ex VP - Reagan wins

1988: Poppy Bush - sitting VP vs Dukakis - governor - Poppy wins

1992: Poppy - incumbent vs Clinton - sitting governor - Clinton wins

1996: Clinton - incumbent vs Dole- ex Senator - Clinton wins

2000: Gore - sitting VP vs Chimpy - sitting governor - Gore wins, but Supreme Court gives it to Chimpy

2004: Chimp -illegal incumbent vs Kerry - sitting senator - Diebold wins

So there you have the last 40 years. Most candidates on both sides have been executive branch - either governors, sitting VP's or ex VP's. Two senators who ran lost big time and the third "lost" due to electro-fraud. It's not wise for either party to expect a Senator to win, but the Republicans are more than welcome to do so if they wish. :D

good to see someone else noticed that....America doesn't elect Senators to president....hasn't happened since Kennedy....I think....could be wrong. That leaves Richardson...which I really like but I know he can't beat Rudy. Governor?....No. Dealt with a budget and problems the size of a couple states combined?...yes. Also, mayor of NYC on 911. Who can beat him?

hideyoursheep
02-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by studly hungwell
Rudy.... Who can beat him?

Damn near anybody.