PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phones boost brain tumor risk by up to 270 percent on side of brain where phon

Hardrock69
02-25-2007, 02:21 AM
(NewsTarget) Using a cell phone regularly – even a modern one – raises the risk of developing a brain tumor for many users, a new Finnish study published online in the International Journal of Cancer. The study, done by a collection of researchers from many universities and led by Anna Lahkola of the Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority in Finland, found firm corollary evidence that using a cell phone causes the risk of getting a brain tumor called a glioma to rise by 40 to 270 percent on the side of the head preferred for using the phone.

What you need to know - Conventional View
• The study compared 1,521 cellular phone users who received a glioma to 3,301 control participants without tumors.

• For people who have used a modern cellular phone for more than 2000 hours in their lifetime, the risk of getting a brain tumor rose by 270 percent.

• The study is considered the second that firmly correlates cell phone usage with an increased risk of developing certain brain tumors.

• The risk was highest among people under the age of 20.

• Older-style analog cell phones already have been shown as a source of brain tumors, but even with the development of digital cellular phones, the risk is still there.

• According to a scientist associated with the web site foodconsumer.org, the study results should not make readers assume that ten years of cell phone use will correlate to an immediate tumor, but that the tumor will show up later than that.

What you need to know - Alternative View
• Mobile phone manufacturers have tried to suppress the dangers of mobile phones by funding their own distorted research that concludes the phones are perfectly safe.

• All people -- but children and teens especially -- should be warned against using mobile phones due to the increased risk of brain tumors.

Bottom line
• Cell phone usage is shown to increase your risk of a brain tumor.

http://www.newstarget.com/021634.html#conventional

FORD
02-25-2007, 04:16 AM
I rarely use mine without an earpiece. A friend of mine used to have one of the old style Motorola flip phones with the 3 inch thick battery packs. He was on that phone almost constantly, and eventually started getting headaches on the side of the head where he used the phone. He had a CAT scan or MRI whichever it was and it came back clean, thank God, but it was enough to make him rethink his use of the cell.

It's the electromagnetic waves that are causing the tumor risk, and with the big battery packs there were more EMF's present than now, though as I said, earphones and speakerphones are the best alternatives for those who have to use the damn things.

Another big potential risk in the recent past was sitting in front of a CRT computer monitor all day. There were always some who warned of TV's harmful potential, but nobody sat as close to their TV as they did their monitor.

I know my old 19" View Sonic monitor at the office occasionally gave me headaches. Probably eyestrain, but you bet your ass I had it checked out.

Now with the move to LCD flat screens, that risk is also much lower. They suck a lot less power too.

bluemustard
02-25-2007, 09:20 AM
I hate cellphones and I got a headaches a couple of times when I was recording music with a cordless headphone too.
I always got tangled up with my headphone with cord while playing guitar.
But it was infra red I think.

I think monitors are bad too.
I used to play delta force online for 10 hours straight.
:rockit2:
Fucks you up..but I never got an epileptic attack :)

Hardrock69
02-25-2007, 09:41 PM
I switched to LCDs last year.

I am trying to convince my boss at work to replace the CRT screens with LCD, as they would pay for themselves within 5 to 10 years just on the power bill savings.

I do not own a cell phonme, and have no real intention of getting one in the near future.

They are certainly cool to have, but even if I did have one, I would only use it as a glorified pager.

I have existed all my life without a cellphone....I do not require one now or ever....

BITEYOASS
02-25-2007, 10:27 PM
I treat my like a regular phone and just keep it at the house when I leave.

FORD
02-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I'm phasing out my cell phone. I got it in the first place because my local psuedo-monopoly landline corporation (Qwest) had screwed me over for 2 full years with billing hassles which literally took the involvement of the Washington State Utilities commission to resolve and after that, I said fuck it and went totally cell. Of course I was also making a lot of long distance calls at the time, so it was a good deal overall.

But now with the VOIP systems, I can get unlimited phone service including long distance to anywhere in the US or Canada for under $20 a month, so I'm losing my cell when the contract expires in March. If gas prices stabilizes and I start taking road trips again in the warmer months, I might pickup some form of "pay as you go" cell plan, but as far as keeping a live phone next to me 24/7.... who needs it? There are times you need to unplug from the grid and just chill.

Hardrock69
02-26-2007, 01:09 AM
That's another thing that bugs me....contracts. Though the ones that use a "card" for extra minutes that do not need a contract STILL fuck you in the ass....because once you use the card for the first time, the card expires within 30 days. So either you use it one time for 20 or 30 bucks, or you just use up all the minutes within 30 days whether you want to or not.

Stupid stuff.

Heh...so many times I have people walking up to me talking and I am like WTF? Then they walk by me, continuing to talk, then I see an earbud....

Not only that, I am not really interested in being forced to listen to the fucking phone conversations of someone I do not know.

And if I die because you were yammering on your cell phone in traffic and decided to collide with me head on, I will haunt you for ever and ever, and cause your entire family tree to be cursed.....

This Public Service message brought to you by the American Medical Association, who realize that continued cell phone use is good for business!!!
:D

Hardrock69
02-26-2007, 01:13 AM
The ORIGINAL Ear Bud...talk about being 30 years ahead of their time!!!

http://www.darkshire.net/jhkim/rpg/trek/hero/img/Uhura.jpg

Terry
02-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
(NewsTarget) Using a cell phone regularly – even a modern one – raises the risk of developing a brain tumor for many users, a new Finnish study published online in the International Journal of Cancer. The study, done by a collection of researchers from many universities and led by Anna Lahkola of the Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority in Finland, found firm corollary evidence that using a cell phone causes the risk of getting a brain tumor called a glioma to rise by 40 to 270 percent on the side of the head preferred for using the phone.

What you need to know - Conventional View
• The study compared 1,521 cellular phone users who received a glioma to 3,301 control participants without tumors.

• For people who have used a modern cellular phone for more than 2000 hours in their lifetime, the risk of getting a brain tumor rose by 270 percent.

• The study is considered the second that firmly correlates cell phone usage with an increased risk of developing certain brain tumors.

• The risk was highest among people under the age of 20.

• Older-style analog cell phones already have been shown as a source of brain tumors, but even with the development of digital cellular phones, the risk is still there.

• According to a scientist associated with the web site foodconsumer.org, the study results should not make readers assume that ten years of cell phone use will correlate to an immediate tumor, but that the tumor will show up later than that.

What you need to know - Alternative View
• Mobile phone manufacturers have tried to suppress the dangers of mobile phones by funding their own distorted research that concludes the phones are perfectly safe.

• All people -- but children and teens especially -- should be warned against using mobile phones due to the increased risk of brain tumors.

Bottom line
• Cell phone usage is shown to increase your risk of a brain tumor.

http://www.newstarget.com/021634.html#conventional

Excellent.

Die fuckers, die!

But don't forget to keep your mobile minutes paid up, that way you can call your loved one THE SECOND you get out of the doctor's office to let them know about your fabulous new growth.

Useless wannabe yuppie swill.

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-26-2007, 11:38 PM
WOW, I thought I was the only one who beleived this shit was true. I've been telling people about this for years. Up until 2 years ago, I never had a cell phone. I have it with me for work, but try to use it as little as possible. My wife and I have actually been talking lately about ditching them when our 2 year contract expires, which is in a couple of months. Before I ever had one, people used to say, you don't have a cell phone? I would say, I don't have a brain tumor either. They would look at me funny, and it was obvious, it went right over their head.

Hardrock69
02-27-2007, 12:01 AM
LOL @ Terry. I remember about 20 years ago CNN interviewed an old lady outside one of the National Political Conventions.....she was selling buttons and stuff that said:

DIE YUPPIE SCUM!

And so she was wandering the sidewalk calling out "Die yuppie scum! Get yer Die Yuppie Scum buttons here..."

:D

http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/125/pb4155_125.gif