PDA

View Full Version : New Black Sabbath/Heaven & Hell song here!

Satan
02-27-2007, 02:40 AM
According to Black-Sabbath.com, the new BLACK SABBATH track "The Devil Cried" is available for streaming via the Rhino Records web site. Check it out in the following formats:

Real Player (http://streamos.rhino.com/real/rhino/blacksabbath/thedevilcried.smi)
Quicktime (http://streamos.rhino.com/qtime/rhino/blacksabbath/thedevilcried.mov)

"The Devil Cried" will be released in digital form to the public via all digital retailers on Tuesday, March 13. The song was written and produced by guitarist Tony Iommi and singer Ronnie James Dio and was recorded with bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Vinny Appice in November 2006 in the U.K. The cut was engineered and mixed by Mike Exeter, who worked on Iommi's "Fused" and "The 1996 DEP Sessions".

"The Devil Cried" is the first single off the group's forthcoming "best-of" collection, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years". The first comprehensive introduction to the band's legacy features a dozen classic studio recordings, plus one live track — "Children Of The Sea" from 1982's "Live Evil". The collection also contains the three brand-new tracks — the aforementioned "The Devil Cried", plus "Shadow Of The Wind", and "Ear In The Wall". The disc will be available April 3 at all physical retail outlets and at www.rhino.com for a suggested list price of $18.98. The album will also be available at all digital retail outlets for a suggested retail price of $11.99. Check out the cover artwork at this location.
Arranged chronologically, the compilation spotlights singer Ronnie James Dio's time with BLACK SABBATH and draws heavily from the lineup's 1980 debut and 1981 follow-up, "Heaven and Hell" and "Mob Rules" respectively. Recognized as back-to-back metal classics, the albums feature such signature songs as the title tracks, "Neon Knights", "Die Young", "Turn Up The Night" and "Voodoo". "The Dio Years" also features "After All (The Dead)", "TV Crimes" and "I" from the singer's brief reunion with SABBATH for the "Dehumanizer" album and tour.

"Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" track listing:

01. Neon Knights
02. Lady Evil
03. Heaven And Hell
04. Die Young
05. Lonely Is The Word
06. The Mob Rules
07. Turn Up The Night
08. Voodoo
09. Falling Off The Edge Of The World
10. After All (The Dead)
11. TV Crimes
12. I
13. Children Of The Sea - Live
14. The Devil Cried*
15. Shadow Of The Wind*
16. Ear In The Wall*

* Newly recorded tracks

ELVIS
02-27-2007, 08:54 AM
That ROOOOLS !!!!!!!!!!

:elvis:

Hardrock69
02-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Yeah I got a recording of it off Eddie Trunk's radio show.

Fucking MONSTER MOTHERFUCKING METAL!!!
:cool:

Matt White
02-27-2007, 09:25 AM
:cool:

KEWL

bastardog
02-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Dio in Black Sabbath is really heavy stuff.
Just the way I like my metal to sound......heavy

Nobody can do that sound like Tommy Iommy

binnie
02-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Fantastic!

Evil, sick and full of energy....

cMb
02-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Sounds good!
Dio + Iommi = Metal Legends

bueno bob
02-28-2007, 04:40 AM
MY BOYS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!

:rockit2:

binnie
02-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
MY BOYS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!

:rockit2:

It's not even a case of being biased, or over-excited is it?

The tune really is that good.....

Maybe even better than anything on Dehumanizer (which I love...)

bueno bob
02-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by binnie
It's not even a case of being biased, or over-excited is it?

The tune really is that good.....

Nope...just a flat out, hard rockin', ass kickin', name takin' son of a bitch of a doomily great time! :)

ONE FINE DAY IN HELL...

ELVIS
02-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by binnie

Now you're stretching it...

I disagree...

FORD
02-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah, it's definitely not better than "TV Crime"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Im7QuTUX7ew"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Im7QuTUX7ew" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

bueno bob
02-28-2007, 06:58 PM
"Dehumanizer" was a bit of a hard sell...a lot of people were very mixed about it. I personally enjoyed it (liked side B better than side A). I don't know if I've misunderstood him or not, but I don't think Ronnie's very favorable about it, and he's definitely said it was a VERY hard album to record. He made comment once that they ended up doing somewhere in the vicinity of 60 takes of "Time Machine" before they ever put it to tape...plus there was the drummer deal (Cozy was there at first, but him and Ronnie weren't getting along, Cozy busts his hip, then Vinny's in, all this while they're trying to record)...

Personally, my least favorite aspect of "Dehumanizer" was the cover art.

All in all? I think it's really unfortunate that Ronnie and Sabbath haven't been able to get more time in the studio than what they have over the years. Considering how damn GOOD they were in '81/'82, had they just been able to bury the "Live Evil" shit and just get back into the studio and let it all subside...man, they could have made some really INCREDIBLE music over the years...

David Lee Rocks
02-28-2007, 07:12 PM
sounds good! I wish Van Halen and Dave would,,,, oh nevermind,

David Lee Rocks
02-28-2007, 07:13 PM
How bout Sabbath with Jeff Fenholt on vocals? Not so much! LOL

bueno bob
02-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by David Lee Rocks

Funny you mention that. My wife went to a free concert by Jeff Fenholt back in the day, before we met. About 20 people showed up; he spent half of the concert talking about God, and how evil Black Sabbath and other metal bands were, etc etc...

She didn't know anything about it at the time, told me about going to his show a few years after we got together. I pulled up some Fenholt material and let her do her own reading...she got quite a laugh out of it.

David Lee Rocks
02-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Funny you mention that. My wife went to a free concert by Jeff Fenholt back in the day, before we met. About 20 people showed up; he spent half of the concert talking about God, and how evil Black Sabbath and other metal bands were, etc etc...

She didn't know anything about it at the time, told me about going to his show a few years after we got together. I pulled up some Fenholt material and let her do her own reading...she got quite a laugh out of it. yeah, hes a dick, in my church going days i saw him at a big church when he was kinda popular with christians, claiming he was lead singer with Sabbath and they cut a whole album that was never released, he claimed that Tony Iommi and Ritchie Blackmoore are satanists and he had proof, LOL

jharp84
03-03-2007, 03:18 PM
OZZY'S been jerking off sabbath for years! Just like a certain guitarist has been to a certain DLR!

Diamondjimi
03-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by David Lee Rocks

Fuck , I must've blinked. What year/month was he guesting with Sabbath?

FORD
03-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Fuck , I must've blinked. What year/month was he guesting with Sabbath?

He auditioned for Tony Iommi very early in the "Seventh Star" sessions. Some demos were cut, but he never made any official recordings.

And of course there is the fact that "Seventh Star" was still CORRECTLY being treated as a Tony Iommi solo album at this point in time, before Warner Brothers started being flaming DICKWADS about using the Black Sabbath name.

So in reality, Fenholt was never a member of Black Sabbath at all. But it makes a better tabloid story for the Trinity Broadcasting Network that way.

David Lee Rocks
03-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by FORD
He auditioned for Tony Iommi very early in the "Seventh Star" sessions. Some demos were cut, but he never made any official recordings.

And of course there is the fact that "Seventh Star" was still CORRECTLY being treated as a Tony Iommi solo album at this point in time, before Warner Brothers started being flaming DICKWADS about using the Black Sabbath name.

So in reality, Fenholt was never a member of Black Sabbath at all. But it makes a better tabloid story for the Trinity Broadcasting Network that way. exactly, hes just another sheister cashing in on religion

binnie
03-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Yeah, it's definitely not better than "TV Crime"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Im7QuTUX7ew"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Im7QuTUX7ew" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I dunno, to these ears TV crime is about a minute too long: plods along a little at the end without really doing anything.

Still fuckin love it though!