PDA

View Full Version : Italian Granny plays "Hot Potato" with live grenade!

FORD
02-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Granny finds grenade in groceries
Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:40AM EST

NAPLES, Italy (Reuters) - A 74-year-old Italian grandmother who bought a sack of potatoes at the her local market found a live grenade among the spuds.

"I found a bomb in the potatoes," Olga Mauriello said in a telephone interview with Reuters.

"I went to the market to buy some potatoes and that's where the bomb was. But this bomb was covered in dirt, and I put it in water and got all dirt off. And then I realized 'It's a bomb'!"

Police said the pine cone-shaped grenade, which had no pin and was still active, was the same type used by U.S. soldiers in Europe in World War Two. Authorities believe the mix-up happened at a farm in France, where the grenade was plucked from the ground along with potatoes.

To the woman's relief, police and explosives experts in the small town of San Giorgio a Cremano, near Naples, recovered the grenade and safely detonated it on Wednesday.

But Mauriello was still shaking off her close brush with death. It didn't look like a potato and it was heavier than one. But what if she had cooked it?

"If I hadn't felt its weight, I wouldn't even have realized that it was a bomb," she said.

Lqskdiver
02-28-2007, 02:55 PM
This post leaves little room for wit...maybe if she was Irish. ;)

FORD
02-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I didn't think Italians used a lot of potatoes. Guess the pasta based diet is just a stereotype.

hideyoursheep
02-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Lavi sempre le patate!!

jharp84
03-02-2007, 08:49 PM
dafuckinirishandguinees ansd squid cocksuckers!

jharp84
03-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Fuck the gumbas and micks! There are trying to kill these new immigrants who are OUTSTANDINGLY BRILLIANT PRESIDENT LET INTO COUNTRY NO FUCKING GUIDELINES!! There trying to kill them with our fast food(TRANS FAT) and CARBS!!! BREAD PASTA AND POTATOES!!!
WAIT A MINUTE I'M A MICK and my WIFE IS 1/2 ITALIAN!!! TELL THAT OLE BITCH TO SHOVE THAT FUCKIN GRENADE RIGHT INTO THE MOUTH OF THE FORMER PART OWNER OF TEXAS RANGERS!!! HEH!!! EDDIE - I WILL FUCKIN KILL YOU IF YOU DON'T MAKE THIS HAPPEN W/DAVE!!!! JUICE

hideyoursheep
03-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Siete un disonore! Avete avuti piu meglio insultare i pisans!