PDA

View Full Version : Victims at Walter Reed told to SHUT THE FUCK UP....GENERAL FIRED!!!!

LoungeMachine
02-28-2007, 07:31 PM
USATODAY.com

Report: Soldiers at Walter Reed told not to talk

"Soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center's Medical Hold Unit say they have been told they will wake up at 6 a.m. every morning and have their rooms ready for inspection at 7 a.m., and that they must not speak to the media," our Gannett colleagues at Army Times report this afternoon.

According to Army Times, some of the soldiers believe this is a form of punishment because many of them went on-the-record with The Washington Post to talk about problems -- including mold and rodent infestations -- at the medical facility's Building 18. The Post's reporting caught attention across nation and sparked calls for action to fix the problems that wounded soldiers were facing.

The newspaper adds that "it is unusual for soldiers to have daily inspections after Basic Training."

Ellyllions
02-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Ah...hah....some upperclassmen got in trouble didn't they?

I read that "heads were gonna roll" from the suprise visit that facility got from the new Defense Secretary. Guess it did start trouble and now the ranking officers have decided to take matters into their own hands.

hideyoursheep
02-28-2007, 07:52 PM
That's the way it's ALWAYS been.

Take what you're given, know your role and shut yer mouth.

No way do I think it's ok...

The Army likes to handle things "internally" and doesn't like to get black eyes from the press.

Used to be an old anecdote for crybabies....."if you don't like it, call your congressman."

Complaining to the press about ANYTHING is a no-no to them, and political attention scares the brass shitless.

But at least they finally got results.

LoungeMachine
02-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Ship those "ranking officers" off to Iraq, Afghanistan, or any other unfinished losing war BushCO has started.

These guys have paid dearly, and are now being treated less than they deserve, and are now facing inspections for speaking the truth?

:mad:

Ellyllions
02-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Oh I agree Lounge. It's always the brass who gets the cushy jobs while the grunts get maimed.

But you know what? Someone spoke again because this has been printed by USA Today....

hideyoursheep
02-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Ship those "ranking officers" off to Iraq, Afghanistan, or any other unfinished losing war BushCO has started.

These guys have paid dearly, and are now being treated less than they deserve, and are now facing inspections for speaking the truth?

I doubt the high brass was even aware of the situation.They have wounded soldiers supervising other wounded soldiers,for fuck sakes!
There was no welcome wagon waiting for them,it's an ARMY HOSPITAL-buisness as usual. And if some rear eschelon slug is having a bad day, or had one too many the night before, OR maybe is pissed at his wife or what the fuck ever,then YOU TOO are going to have a bad day.

It's not uncommon for mid management to hide problems from their superiors. It becomes a reflection on them. And you do have those who are afraid to request this or that, no-ball leadership that dont want to make waves.

The shit rolls downhill motto is in full effect right now,I promise you.
There is a field grade officer who was clueless[probably], because the chain of command are a bunch of duds. Either way, if they fail, he/she fails as well. No more room for those fuck-ups anymore. Inspection time!

hideyoursheep
02-28-2007, 08:14 PM
The newspaper adds that "it is unusual for soldiers to have daily inspections after Basic Training."

THAT my freind, is solid steaming BULLSHIT.

LoungeMachine
02-28-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm just imagining multiple amputees, soldiers with severe brain injuries, and others getting up at 0600 for INSPECTIONS.

Fuck this BULLSHIT.

hideyoursheep
02-28-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm just imagining multiple amputees, soldiers with severe brain injuries, and others getting up at 0600 for INSPECTIONS.

Fuck this BULLSHIT.

Man, it's not the one's in the hospital who are living in that shit, it's like, the outpatient cat's in the other buildings, like 18. All those that are still pretty fucked up aren't dealing with that shit. Nonetheless, if you're an amputee outpaitient going through rehab, you deserve the Lincoln bedroom in my opinion.

Everything is Army...you fight, you get wounded, you go to the ARMY HOSPITAL, they'll put you to work on something if you're able,maybe you get out on disability, maybe you go back to another unit. Alot of those guys in the roach motel are probably going through this process.

I HATE Army hospitals, man. Honestly, you think any doctor worth his salt is gonna take Army pay over what he can make in the private sector?Think about the big picture. Maybe I'll get flamed for saying it, but fuck 'em-bring it on.

LoungeMachine
02-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep

I HATE Army hospitals, man. Honestly, you think any doctor worth his salt is gonna take Army pay over what he can make in the private sector?Think about the big picture. Maybe I'll get flamed for saying it, but fuck 'em-bring it on.

The MAN who started this whole site is an ARMY health care provider, who just returned from Iraq.

I'd love to hear what his take is......

hideyoursheep
02-28-2007, 09:14 PM
The MAN who started this whole site is an ARMY health care provider, who just returned from Iraq.

Me too.

FORD
02-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Anybody else watch that Bob Woodruff thing last night?

I couldn't help but notice how much better Woodruff recovered from a traumatic brain injury compared to some of the soldiers with similar injuries.

Could it be because he has the Walt Fucking Disney corporation paying his medical bills, while the soldiers only have criminally underfunded VA hospitals??

hideyoursheep
02-28-2007, 09:50 PM

Any chance maybe HE's under a gag order of sorts?

hideyoursheep
02-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Anybody else watch that Bob Woodruff thing last night?

I couldn't help but notice how much better Woodruff recovered from a traumatic brain injury compared to some of the soldiers with similar injuries.

Could it be because he has the Walt Fucking Disney corporation paying his medical bills, while the soldiers only have criminally underfunded VA hospitals??

Call it a phobia.

I wanna stay away from those places.:eek:

LoungeMachine
03-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Head of US military hospital dismissed
By Demetri Sevastopulo in Washington

Published: March 2 2007 02:44 | Last updated: March 2 2007 02:44

The Pentagon on Thursday dismissed the head of Walter Reed military hospital for providing abysmal living conditions for wounded soldiers returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Robert Gates, US defence secretary, relieved Major General George Weightman as commander of the military facility following a recent Washington Post investigation, which revealed that many soldiers were housed in sub-standard, rodent-infested housing, some were being refused disability benefits, while others with drug and alcohol problems were not receiving adequate care.

“The care and welfare of our wounded men and women in uniform demand the highest standard of excellence and commitment that we can muster as a government,” Mr Gates said yesterday. “When this standard is not met, I will insist on swift and direct corrective action and, where appropriate, accountability up the chain of command.”

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have claimed the lives of 3,525 US troops. But the number of non-fatal casualties is far higher, almost 25,000. More than 11,000 of the wounded soldiers have not returned to the battlefield.

Military analysts say the ratio of soldiers wounded to killed in Iraq and Afghanistan – at about 7:1 – is much higher than for previous conflicts. They attribute the increase to several factors, including improvements in body and vehicle armour, and the fact that the military has better medical facilities in conflict zones. The military has also increased the speed with which it can transfer injured soldiers back to hospitals in the US.

The Pentagon has been quick to condemn the conditions at Walter Reed, which were revealed as President George W. Bush attempts to shore up moribund support for his military “surge” in Iraq. A recent ABC News/Washington Post poll showed that public support for the conflict in Iraq continues to slide. A total of 67 per cent of respondents disapprove of Mr Bush’s hand-ling of Iraq, while another 67 per cent oppose the surge of 21,500 troops.

The Walter Reed scandal has generated bi-partisan criticism from lawmakers who have in recent weeks been more busy debating the merits of the surge.

“Our nation has a duty to honour and support those who have served and sacrificed so much in the defence of our nation,” said Hillary Clinton, the New York Democratic senator who is running for president in 2008. “Yet these recent news reports indicate that for nearly four years since the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq began, not enough has been done to assist these courageous men and women in recovering from the wounds of battle.” The Pentagon has appointed Lieutenant General Kevin Kiley, the army surgeon-general, as temporary commander of Walter Reed.

The Washington Post on Thursday reported that Lt Gen Kiley was warned as early as 2003 of problems in the hospital. Senator Barack Obama, another Democratic presidential hopeful, on Thursday accused the administration of underestimating the resources needed to support veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

The response from the Pentagon stands in contrast to the aftermath of the Abu Ghraib prison scandal. Donald Rumsfeld, the former secretary of defence, came under criticism for not firing any senior officers over the scandal which tainted the US image worldwide.

BigBadBrian
03-02-2007, 06:44 AM

Fuck this BULLSHIT.

Geez, imagine soldiers, wounded or not, having to keep their rooms clean.

It's a BCE conspiracy.

DrMaddVibe
03-02-2007, 07:27 AM

The Army likes to handle things "internally" and doesn't like to get black eyes from the press.

Used to be an old anecdote for crybabies....."if you don't like it, call your congressman."

Complaining to the press about ANYTHING is a no-no to them, and political attention scares the brass shitless.

:baaa: :baaa:

Lqskdiver
03-02-2007, 09:47 AM

I thought you didn't want troops sent over there?!:confused:

LoungeMachine
03-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
I thought you didn't want troops sent over there?!:confused:

Are ranking officers considered "troops" :confused:

I don't see many listed in the KIA lists, that's for sure.

It's the 19-20 year old cannon fodder dying for BushCO over there. :mad:

hideyoursheep
03-02-2007, 09:59 AM
As suspected, the General claimed ignorance to the situation.

But what's worse is his replacement may have known about the situation as far back as '03 and may get the axe as well.

What Would Patton Do?

LoungeMachine
03-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

It's a BCE conspiracy.

:rolleyes:

hideyoursheep
03-02-2007, 10:09 AM

It's a BCE conspiracy.

Fuck, imagine soldiers, wounded or not, having to be kept in quarters that look and smell like ass after they get back to the world, having already took a bullet.

That would tell me what priority level we're on while the Chair Force get permanent duty barracks with carpeting and private bathrooms.

Someone would definitely get a mop handle shoved up their ass.

I'd probably request a GP small.:mad:

VanHalener
03-02-2007, 10:13 AM

What Would Patton Do?

Patton would have his shit secured, Jack!

hideyoursheep
03-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by vanhalener
Patton would have his shit secured, Jack!

Fuckin' A right skippy!

He would probably slap Bush with his ivory handeled pistols for being a dunce.:D

VanHalener
03-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Patton would have rolled into that place blazing away with slaps. "You sumbitches treating my wounded men this way, well I'll be DAMNED!!!!!!!!!"

<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/228634/slapping_girls.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/228634/slapping_girls/">Slapping Girls</a> - <a href='http://www.metacafe.com/'>Click here for this week’s top video clips</a></font>

Lqskdiver
03-02-2007, 10:29 AM

Damn...I see a movie being written as we speak.

Nicholson gets demoted to a 2 star general in charge of an infirmary after serving 15 years for a giving out a code red at Gitmo. Cruise is the washed up lawyer who converted to scientology and hopes to revive his career by going up his old arch enemy.

http://www.cracked.com/jp/quotestruth.jpg
"I sleep 30 yards from wounding weeping men who cry for their mommy when they don't receive their pudding with their meal! You wanted the truth!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

hideyoursheep
03-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
Damn...I see a movie being written as we speak.

Nicholson gets demoted to a 2 star general in charge of an infirmary after serving 15 years for a giving out a code red at Gitmo. Cruise is the washed up lawyer who converted to scientology and hopes to revive his career by going up his old arch enemy.

http://www.cracked.com/jp/quotestruth.jpg
"I sleep 30 yards from wounding weeping men who cry for their mommy when they don't receive their pudding with their meal! You wanted the truth!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

The truth is never as sexy as hollywood makes it out to be...

Unless your name is George S. Patton or Audie Murphy.

And even then "artistic liberty" is taken for entertainment value.:p

FORD
03-02-2007, 12:03 PM

What Would Patton Do?

Patton probably would have led all the other generals up to the White House and dragged Chimp & Cheney out by their collars, by now.

What he did after that, I can only guess :D

hideyoursheep
03-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Patton probably would have led all the other generals up to the White House and dragged Chimp & Cheney out by their collars, by now.

What he did after that, I can only guess :D

Start the petition to greenlight the cloning of one GSP.

His reincarnation is taking too long..

I feel a change coming on......

BigBadBrian
03-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Fuck, imagine soldiers, wounded or not, having to be kept in quarters that look and smell like ass after they get back to the world, having already took a bullet.

That would tell me what priority level we're on while the Chair Force get permanent duty barracks with carpeting and private bathrooms.

Someone would definitely get a mop handle shoved up their ass.

I'd probably request a GP small.:mad:

Don't take me wrong, I agree with you.

I'm simply disputing the point LardMachine made when he thought inspections were wrong.

Building 18, by all accounts, was a travesty to the honor of our soldiers. They deserve better.

For those who don't know, Building 18 was a barracks across the street from the main hospital. It was a living quarters for troops that were assigned to Walter Reed on an outpatient basis for treatment.

I was a patient for about a month in Walter Reed a few years back. I can assure everybody that the main building of Walter Reed is in good shape. I've been up there as recently as a few months back on business and have seen it thoroughly.

However, just because the main building is in good shape does not relieve the command of ensuring ALL buildings are the best they can be. Our men and women deserve nothing less.

That goes for all other services and their facilities also.

:)

Nickdfresh
03-03-2007, 11:15 AM

Well, there may be some perks for Army doctors: like no malpractice lawsuits, not having to maintain a practice, or having to deal with insurance companies/Medicare, etc...

I know Army lawyers get big reenlistment bonuses (the officer equivalent) so they don't resign their commissions to make the big bucks in private practice.

I'd imagine the same is true for Army doc's. They certainly take a pay cut, but that doesn't mean there aren't some good ones...

BigBadBrian
03-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Start the petition to greenlight the cloning of one GSP.

His reincarnation is taking too long..

I feel a change coming on......

A book well worth reading if you haven't already:

http://www.cahood.com/001631.jpg

hideyoursheep
03-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Well, there may be some perks for Army doctors: like no malpractice lawsuits, not having to maintain a practice, or having to deal with insurance companies/Medicare, etc...

I know Army lawyers get big reenlistment bonuses (the officer equivalent) so they don't resign their commissions to make the big bucks in private practice.

I'd imagine the same is true for Army doc's. They certainly take a pay cut, but that doesn't mean there aren't some good ones...

I would find it impossible to think they were all hacks, but only one thing comes to my mind-
PAIN
especially the dentists....scared, I was....:eek:

hideyoursheep
03-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Don't take me wrong, I agree with you.

I'm simply disputing the point LardMachine made when he thought inspections were wrong.

Building 18, by all accounts, was a travesty to the honor of our soldiers. They deserve better.

For those who don't know, Building 18 was a barracks across the street from the main hospital. It was a living quarters for troops that were assigned to Walter Reed on an outpatient basis for treatment.

I was a patient for about a month in Walter Reed a few years back. I can assure everybody that the main building of Walter Reed is in good shape. I've been up there as recently as a few months back on business and have seen it thoroughly.

However, just because the main building is in good shape does not relieve the command of ensuring ALL buildings are the best they can be. Our men and women deserve nothing less.

That goes for all other services and their facilities also.

:)

I could argue with you aboot all services and their facilities, 'cause brah, THEY AREN'T all the same.:p But yes, you understand what's really happening. You would agree though, that not all bad info is channeled up the chain, and the real breakdown came from mid-level leadership; not excusing the fact that it all happend under the Commander's watch.