PDA

View Full Version : Welp, Emo just got a bad grade.

rustoffa
02-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Developing.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ri6ySOHoDfk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ri6ySOHoDfk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

fe_lung
02-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Emo sucks but this is a load of crap. Just like the bullshit people used to say about metal fans.

Coyote
02-28-2007, 10:55 PM
http://theantihippie.blogsome.com/wp-admin/images/emo_gay.jpg

rustoffa
03-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by fe_lung
Emo sucks but this is a load of crap. Just like the bullshit people used to say about metal fans.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhRCVm-1r2k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhRCVm-1r2k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

rustoffa
03-01-2007, 12:12 AM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4nRNYG_xM2U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4nRNYG_xM2U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

franksters
03-02-2007, 02:44 AM
emo reminds me of the alternative movement in the 80's simply way more GAY...

BITEYOASS
03-02-2007, 10:46 AM

Yeah but metal fans usually shrug it off and say fuck you to society. Whereas emos act defeated all the time. Here is what happens when cultures collide:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zi9V1QbQj74"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zi9V1QbQj74" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

rustoffa
03-03-2007, 01:05 AM
I still don't know what's going on with this emo crap. I've secured free tickets to My Chemical Romance/Muse in a few weeks....what the fuck is Muse? When I type 'secured', that's like a metaphor for "go see this shit for free.":(

I asked if the Thirty Seconds To Mars tickets were available...and got laughed at.

Alot.
:mad:

Unchainme
03-03-2007, 01:38 AM
Emo is a Fad 100000000% worse than Disco and Cheesey Ballad Bands ever were.

Can't way until that fad goes down the shitter.

Unchainme
03-03-2007, 01:53 AM
emo is for

WHINERS

who think life is tough...

(and are gay, mentally retarded or all of the above)

A Rant by The Movie Addict, December 1st, 2005

http://www.themovieaddict.com/images/1.jpg
Evidence of Emo's Gayness

By now you have probably heard the term “emo” used once or twice on the radio or while you’ve been out and about, but maybe you’re not familiar with what it is. In short, “emo” is an abbreviation for “emotional” – much in the same way that “bull” can be used as an abbreviation for “bullshit,” or “gay” can be used as an abbreviation for “homosexual.”

It’s an “evolution of punk” – these singers who think they’re edgy and emotional sing about emotional topics and preach to emotionally charged crowds of emotional teens. They’re single-handedly turning the teen male demographic into a bunch of crying pussies. And while all this is going on, girls are listening to R&B. They’re the ones listening to songs about scoring while guys are crying about broken relationships. What I want to know is what the hell happened to the Teen Male? When I was in high school we had two things on our minds – how to get a chick to go out with you, and how to get a chick to have sex with you. Boom. That was it. There was none of this crying game bullshit – that’s what makes women women. Women cry, men fuck – end of story. It’s the rules of nature. But this emo music is changing everything. I mean, even nature’s taking a step back and saying, “What the hell? That’s fucked up!”

Honestly, people. I went into a music store the other day and the freak behind the counter started hugging me like I was a member of his women united group. Listen buddy, I don’t come to a music store to get recruited into the Women’s Breast Cancer Association; I want some rock n’ roll, man – deal with it. And then, worst of all, the music stores are splitting this shit up. You go in and it’s a million rows of emo music. You’ve got to practically crawl through a cubbyhole in the back of the store to find a single rack of rock music, and then all this to find out some fucking asshole was too lazy to put his emo music back on the shelf and half the rock section is crammed with out-of-place emo albums.

And did you ever notice how these emo bands all have the most pathetic names you could ever imagine? “Taking Back Sunday,” for example. What the hell is that even supposed to mean? What is there to take back? Last time I checked my calendar nothing’s been taken. Let’s see – Sunday: no work, skip church – sounds like a normal Sunday to me. What the fuck do they think happened on Sunday? Someone missed a few US History classes. But maybe that’s because they were outside school crying about how they have no friends.

You know, at least in the seventies we had some kind of cause. There was Vietnam and these protestors were actually fighting for something. What are kids fighting for today? Nothing. “Taking back Sunday” – yeah right, asshole, say that while you’re sitting in your stretch limo getting ready to board a private jet to London. A real anarchist, man. Don’t forget to call Paris Hilton and re-schedule that party for Saturday.

http://www.themovieaddict.com/images/takingbacksunday%20copy.jpg

n the ‘60s, ‘70s and ‘80s rock had a backbone. There was experience there. Corruption of naivety. Some criticizers of the “anti-emo movement” claim that The Doors were an early form of emo. Yeah, right. Jim Morrison went through that shit he sang about. He lived it. He fled home, he lived on the streets. Were his songs self-absorbed and focused on death? A majority of them, yes. But it was far more mature than any emo band has ever managed to be.

These rock stars from back then did it - they made it on their own and they sung about stuff that they experienced. And when they got all weepy on you it didn’t sound like some 20-something loser pining because his rich-bitch girlfriend walked out on him after he wouldn’t tell her which $2,000 necklace looked better around her neck. It meant something because you knew they meant it and they deserved it. I could give a fuck what some spoiled Pasadena brat thinks of life. When we were teens we thought everything was terrible – “Life is so bad, life is so terrible, nobody likes me.” I went through that shit already, I don’t need to waste my time listening to some prissy asshole thinks about it. If I wanted that I would have volunteered at the Youth Center, but frankly I don’t have the time or patience to deal with trying to convince some depressed asshole that he’s significant. Chances are he isn’t and if he’s already into emo then there’s no point trying to salvage his life – he might as well commit suicide, because he’s just a stain on society. (Note: That’s a joke.)

I just can’t bear the idea of these emo assbites sitting in their bedrooms crying to each other. These “oppressed” kids who drive $30,000 SUVs, are getting paid college tuition, don’t have to pay for rent or food, keep all their intake, have computers and TVs in their bedrooms and have high-speed Internet access. Emo is worse than Vanilla Ice. The Ice Man was a poser but at least his music mirrored his upbeat upbringing – emo bands wallow in their own self-loathing and focus all the blame on the rest of the world, pretending as if it’s everybody else’s fault that they didn’t get laid until they actually started touring as a band and AIDS-infected groupies raped them off-stage.

Here’s an idea for all aspiring emo bands out there – grow up. In ten years all the current emo bands out there are going to be nonexistent; you know why? Because they’re all going to wake up one morning and look at themselves in the mirror and realize how fucking stupid they look. Anyone over the age of 30 who listens to emo is either completely brain dead or never matured past the age of 18. I’m going to quote Denis Leary here for a moment, because in my opinion he really sums this whole generation up so well:

“Kids come out of rehab – ‘Well, you know, I became an alcoholic because my parents didn’t love me and I found out my parents used to hit me’ – hey, my parents used to kick the living shit out of me, and looking back on it I’m glad they did… There’s therapy for ya. ‘My life didn’t turn out the way I thought it would’ – hey, join the FUCKIN’ CLUB! I thought I was gonna be starting center fielder for the Boston Red Sox – life sucks, get a helmet.”

But, I mean, at least when you and I were growing up we couldn’t do anything about it. We had a few years of self-pity and then we outgrew it. But today kids are acting on their emotions. Read the headlines recently? This kid David Ludwig in Pennsylvania (within a very close proximity of my own house) murdered his 14-year-old girlfriend’s parents because they didn’t want him to go out with her due to his age. He’s 18 years old and they were having an intimate relationship. After he murdered her parents, the girl went willingly with him and they drove off. He said they just “wanted to get away.” They also both said they were deeply in love and no one understood it, blah blah blah. Authorities later recovered a Xanga account. Guess what? He was an emo kid.

Look, here’s a clue you fucking dolt: You’re a legal adult and your girlfriend is barely a teenager? GET A LIFE! You’ve got the rest of your time on earth to pine about falling in love – and if you’re going to fall in love, make sure you don’t become a damn pedophile in the process.

And now an 18-year-old self-described Satanist kidnapped two kids (boy and girl) from the South Side, supposedly because he wanted to carve a pentagram on the six-year-old girl’s chest to “win back his girlfriend.”

Okay, wake-up call – last time I checked the only way you’re going to win back a “girlfriend” by carving a pentagram on a young girl’s chest is if:

a) Your “girlfriend” lives in your head
b) She is related to the Manson family
c) She’s a fucking nutcase

The Columbine shootings, all the teen violence that has been erupting in recent years – we all point fingers at the media and that’s too fucking easy. No, no, no. Anyone can say, “Blame TV – there’s too much violence.” Goddamn it, I grew up glued to the fucking tube 24/7 and I watched fucking violence all day long and I never once felt the need to pick up a gun and go shoot my girlfriend’s parents because we were arguing. You know why? Because I wasn’t catered to like a fucking prince. And I didn’t whine to everyone about my existence.

You want pain? Go take a plane to Africa (I’m sure your parents can afford it) and visit some of the starving children. Don’t forget to take your iPod with you, though. And don’t forget the laptop. Damn, how will you be able to check your emails without Internet connection? And what’s that – no electricity? No running water? Holy shit! What the hell is going on?!

http://www.themovieaddict.com/images/baby%20crying%20copy.jpg

Before you start counting your curses, start counting your blessings. “My parents are mean, they try to control me” – listen pal, if you’ve got a roof over your head and food on the table, consider yourself a fucking king. There are people out there in the world that would kill to have one day in your shoes. Everything you take for granted around you isn’t just “there.” And the reason people grow out of their self-pity after the age of 18 is because once they get out into the real world their eyes open up pretty fucking fast. That’s when the shit hits the fan and you realize just how easy you had it. I heard a girl I worked with as a teenager complain once that her mom was a lazy bitch because she wouldn’t cook her food. Let me ask you something – when was the last time you made your mother dinner? And that paycheck in your hand – do you get to keep all that money? Because kids during the Industrial Revolution worked minimum wage and you know what they did with their money? No, they didn’t complain to their friends about how their parents don’t let them spend all the money they make – kids back then would hand over the six cents they made every day to their parents so they could afford a slice of bread to share.

Here’s a wild idea, okay. Take an emo kid from today, get a fucking time machine and put him back in, say, 1901. Put him in New York City and get him a job at a steel factory. See how far his bitching gets him then. Does anyone else find it somewhat coincidental that there were no domestic teen shootings back then like we have today?

I agree to a certain extent that the media has an influence on society (in fact, I agree very much) but the media is not solely to blame… where are the parents during this? “Oh, he wouldn’t let me ask him questions about what he was doing on his computer. He wouldn’t let me tell him to turn down his music. He wouldn’t let me come in the room without knocking. He wouldn’t let me look at his text messages or emails. He wouldn’t talk to me.”

Give me a fucking break. That’s what parenting is, people – it’s grabbing your kid by the fucking throat and beating the ever-loving shit out of them. Kids today just get away with too much. Did we have as many teen shootings today as we did in the ‘70s and ‘80s? Hell no! It’s because parenting has gone down the drain. Kids are given too much liberty today. They’re selfish, self-absorbed and pathetic.

Emo music is their fuel. They lock themselves away in their bedrooms listening to this shit that pollutes their brain. “Oh, but this music speaks to me – you wouldn’t understand, you don’t understand me, no one understands me…but the music does.” Get a fucking clue buddy – we all understand you, we all went through it. Your parents understand you – you’re just too fucking stupid to realize it. They went through the same thing. Only when they told their parents to fuck off they’d get a foot up their ass and a foot in the face and that’s what kept them from pulling out a gun and going on a killing spree. Now all these PC extremists are out there saying, “We can’t abuse our kids…we must sit them down and talk to them and find out what their problems are.” What the fuck is this, Intimate Discussion Time with Dr. Phil? You’re a fucking parent, not a best friend or a doctor – if you catch your kid smoking pot or drinking beer, don’t ground him to his room with the stereo, TV, DVD player, computer, cellphone and personal belongings. Kick his ass into the basement and lock the door for a week. Open it up seven days later and see how long it takes him to smoke weed again.

This is all part of growing up, and it prepares them for the real world.

Why do you think so many kids today get out of the house and flunk out of college before they even have their foot in the door? “Oh, it’s too hard…it’s just too hard, and I can’t handle all the responsibility; no one has it as hard as me.” That’s life – get a fucking helmet, or better yet, get a clue.

Sincerely,

- The Movie Addict
December 1st, 2005

http://www.themovieaddict.com/rants/emo.html

rustoffa
03-03-2007, 02:20 AM
LMFAO @ Taking Back Nothing!!!

DLRdelight!
03-03-2007, 02:57 AM
its just another fad, who knows what the next one will be

smaz
03-03-2007, 08:22 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LXtYsdfMIU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LXtYsdfMIU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

fe_lung
03-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Emo is for kids who are too chicken shit to commit to being goth.

VanHalener
03-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Bunch of dumbasses lost in the sauce.

mako_kimura
03-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I still don't know what's going on with this emo crap. I've secured free tickets to My Chemical Romance/Muse in a few weeks....what the fuck is Muse? When I type 'secured', that's like a metaphor for "go see this shit for free.":(

I asked if the Thirty Seconds To Mars tickets were available...and got laughed at.

Alot.
:mad:

Number one: Burn the MCR/Muse tickets, or at least give 'em away. Two: Why are you going to see 30 Seconds To Mars? Three: Exactly how old are you? I'm just curious

perilousepete
03-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Emo is for kids who are too chicken shit to commit to being goth.

roflmao...it's true

perilousepete
03-05-2007, 04:59 PM
unchainme that post was SO HILARIOUS....holy shit.....great post man. and it's all true.

Terry
03-05-2007, 09:01 PM
First I've heard of it, and agreed it sounds way frickin' gay.

rustoffa
03-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by mako_kimura
Number one: Burn the MCR/Muse tickets, or at least give 'em away. Two: Why are you going to see 30 Seconds To Mars? Three: Exactly how old are you? I'm just curious

A1: No burning. No giving away.

W2: If the singer screams/cries the way he does on the radio, I'll laugh 'til I cry...hopefully to the point of dehydration!

3: Pretty old. What band was this?:confused:

http://i15.tinypic.com/2pyw3z9.jpg

mako_kimura
03-05-2007, 10:13 PM
I still have yet to figure how this is possible, but for some reason, emo is fucking POPULAR here. Almost everybody in my school is a scene kiddie who enjoys this bullshit

DeadOrAlive
03-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Oh my god this thread made my day.

binnie
03-12-2007, 04:48 AM
i've always been of the opinion that however much I dislike a style of music, there's always several bands in the genre that are worth a listen and make good music.

For example: I don't like Hip Hop, but Public Enemy were an absolutely stella band.

However, EMO may break the rule. Still waiting to here a band do something worthwhile.....

People say At the Drive In were EMO, but I don't think they sound anything like the shit that comes under that heading now. They certainly influenced the genre, but they had more talent than any of these bands can even think of....

Diamondjimi
03-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Emo ?

http://www.angrianan.com/images/summer%202006/emo.jpg

Antman
03-14-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm thoroughly entertained by this thread. Thanks guys.