PDA

View Full Version : UK Government Restricting Live Shows?

Shaun Ponsonby
03-02-2007, 11:14 AM
I received this message today, does anybody know what the fook its on aboot?

"This dropped into my inbox today and I felt strongly enough about it to
go to the Number 10 website and register my vote! Briefly, our wonderful government (UK) has recently passed legislation that has put more restriction on the performance of live music everywhere from pubs to schools. There are now fewer places for up-and-coming bands to play than ever. This is just another nail in the coffin of live music in this country. Please take a look at the petition and sign it if you live in the UK. It takes about 10 seconds.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/licensing/

Please keep reposting this. With the power of internet we can now have a say in these ridiculous proposals."

binnie
03-02-2007, 01:30 PM
WHAT!!!!

Bastards: softy, liberal, health and safety failures that want to make everybody else's lives as miserable as there's.

Basically, 10 years from now live music is going to be in real trouble.

And what harm does it cause.

Please, someone explain?

Hardrock69
03-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Man, if I were a Brit I would be rallying everyone for open revolt!!!

Like fer instance, you cannot own a car now unless you have a MANDATORY GPS TRACKING DEVICE!!!

You think Big Brother is getting bad in the US....the UK is already a FASCIST FUCKING POLICE STATE!
:mad:

Shaun Ponsonby
03-02-2007, 01:57 PM
The petition says...

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to recognise that music and dance should not be restricted by burdensome licensing regulations. "

jharp84
03-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Easy Fix! Give me the gun! I'll do the job!! READ BETWEEN THE LINES! TROOPS COME HOME PREZ DEAD! WAR IN IRAQ OVER! VAN HALEN REUNION TOUR TO START IN WASHINGTON D.C

Shaun Ponsonby
03-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Is this a list of things that seems will never happen?

jharp84
03-02-2007, 08:47 PM
fUCK THE COCKSUCKERS!! if EDDIE DOES NOT DO THIS GIG i'm OFF TO MAJIC MOUNTAIN TO PULL THE FUCKIN VAULTS APART AND COPY TO THE FANS!!! fucK ALL ELSE SEND THEM TO IRAQ IF THEY ARE BITCHING! send CORRUPT 60-80 YEAR OLD MUDDAFUCKIN POLS- WHO FUCKIN RAPED AND STOLE ! i'LL BE THE JUDGE!!

BITEYOASS
03-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Fuckin eh', I say start a giant moshpit in trafalgar square, storm parliament and then have Tony Blair locked in a pranger for several day than throw him in the tower of London.

Atomic_Rob
03-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Is this anything to do with the £10,000 live music license the government wanted a little while back? Even for small pubs and stuff like that?

Shaun Ponsonby
03-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Perhaps.

Its fookin' ridiculous. License to play music? If you want to play, you should just be allwoed to fookin' play.

Seshmeister
03-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Man, if I were a Brit I would be rallying everyone for open revolt!!!

Like fer instance, you cannot own a car now unless you have a MANDATORY GPS TRACKING DEVICE!!!

You think Big Brother is getting bad in the US....the UK is already a FASCIST FUCKING POLICE STATE!
:mad:

You are misinformed.

There is talk of bringing in a road charging system based on GPS in 10 years or so because all the roads are so congested with traffic.

Reverberator
03-04-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm glad i'm a Paki.

binnie
03-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Perhaps.

Its fookin' ridiculous. License to play music? If you want to play, you should just be allwoed to fookin' play.

Yep, you'd think so wouldn't you.

"Tonight in the pub: no entertainment, and no smokin"

Let the party begin....

Shaun Ponsonby
03-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Next thing you know, they'll shove the drinking age up to 21, and 14-17 year olds will stop trying to get served.

binnie
03-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Y'know, I can actaully see that happening...

Shaun Ponsonby
03-05-2007, 12:54 PM
I know, they're trying to make us like merica in every other way possible.

Look at the thing to make kids stay in school til they're 18.

Hardrock69
03-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
You are misinformed.

There is talk of bringing in a road charging system based on GPS in 10 years or so because all the roads are so congested with traffic.

Ahh...I got it from an article here....yeah it has not been signed into law, but they seriously want it to be.

THey want to be able to haul your ass to the slammer for not having your tracking tag on your vehicle:

Toll Road Checkpoints to Deal With Dissenters
Jackbooted thugs given stop and search powers for people suspected of removing tracking tags, arguing with officials merits 6 month jail sentence

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tony Blair's toll road surveillance and taxation grid is to be enforced by a new cadre of jackbooted inspectors who will be given powers to stop and search vehicles where owners are suspected to have removed their tracking tags. Arguing with the officials will be punishable by a 6 month prison sentence, according to a leaked government memo.

The British government's mandate for local authorities to institute pilot schemes for a tax by the mile system by 2009, a highly unpopular measure which was recently opposed by over a million signatories to an online Downing Street petition, includes several elements that have been hidden from the population all along. These include;

- Centralizing local schemes into a national and ultimately pan-European tracking and taxation matrix;

- No discounts for motorists who live within road pricing areas;

- A rhetorical backing away from promises that the measures would not be a new stealth tax and that separate road tax and fuel duty would be abolished;

- A 6 month jail sentence and a large fine for tampering with "spy in the car" tracking devices, consisting of mandatory RFID tracking tags;

- Checkpoints staffed by road toll officials who will be given powers to stop and search any suspicious vehicle or one that they suspect has had its tracking tag tampered with;

- Simply remonstrating or obstructing such an official will also be punishable by a 6 month jail sentence.

After 1.3 million people signed a petition on the government's website opposing the scheme, senior ministers vowed to shut down the e-petition feature altogether, fearing that it had become a public relations disaster. Overwhelming public opposition to road tolls has not stopped the government rapidly accelerating the program, despite predictions from some quarters that the move could lead to poll tax style riots that took place in the 80's and early 90's following the Conservative government's attempt to flat tax each individual person, a move which was ultimately abandoned after over 30% of the country refused to pay it in an act of mass civil disobedience that was accompanied by numerous protests and riots.

Americans should recoil at such plans in light of the fact that the NAFTA Superhighway and the North American Union are going to be responsible for the imposition of similar toll toad schemes, underpinned by mandatory RFID tracking, snaking across the country from border to border.

Brits and especially Londoners are normally the first segment of the global population that such Orwellian control measures are foisted upon. In the last few months pilot schemes for a fresh array of nightmare surveillance technologies have been implemented, including x-ray scanners in light poles, shouting telescreens, brain scanners and microphones that can record conversations for suspicious keywords.

Proponents of the man-made theory on global warming should think seriously about how their support of such a charade is empowering governments to impose draconian new programs of surveillance and taxation while the mega-corporations they are married to will continue to pollute the environment while rolling around in fat profits at the expense of the average citizen.

Under the delusion of saving the planet by cutting carbon emissions, the majority will submit to labor under ballooning taxation while every remaining aspect of their personal life is invaded and monitored by the authorities in the name of environmentalism.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/february2007/140207tollroad.htm

Shaun Ponsonby
03-05-2007, 01:53 PM
This thread is no longer aboot music.

Seshmeister
03-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Ahh...I got it from an article here....yeah it has not been signed into law, but they seriously want it to be.

THey want to be able to haul your ass to the slammer for not having your tracking tag on your vehicle:

Oh I know as a libertarian I'm appalled with the way things are going.

Plus if you think about it then no more speeding ever without you getting a ticket.

Even worse...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1466943.ece

Children of 11 to be fingerprinted
David Leppard

CHILDREN aged 11 to 16 are to have their fingerprints taken and stored on a secret database, internal Whitehall documents reveal.

The leaked Home Office plans show that the mass fingerprinting will start in 2010, with a batch of 295,000 youngsters who apply for passports.

The Home Office expects 545,000 children aged 11 and over to have their prints taken in 2011, with the figure settling at an annual 495,000 from 2014. Their fingerprints will be held on a database also used by the Immigration and Nationality Directorate to store the fingerprints of hundreds of thousands of asylum seekers.

The plans are outlined in a series of “restricted” documents circulating among officials in the Identity and Passport Service. They form part of the programme for the introduction of new biometric passports and ID cards.

Opposition politicians and privacy campaigners warn that the plans show ministers are turning Britain into a “surveillance society”.

David Davis, the shadow home secretary, said: “This borders on the sinister and it shows the government is trying to end the presumption of innocence. With the fingerprinting of all our children, this government is clearly determined to enforce major changes in the relationship between the citizen and the state in a way never seen before.”

Under the new passport and ID scheme, everyone over 16 who applies for a passport will have their details — including fingerprints and eye or facial scans — added to the National Identity Register from next year.

From October 2009, ID cards will be issued alongside new passports. Initially these will not be mandatory, but Tony Blair has said that if Labour is reelected it will make them compulsory, a process that the documents predict will take just over a decade.

Children under 16 will not be part of the ID card scheme. But the documents show that from 2010 they will still have to be fingerprinted for a new passport.

The prints will initially be stored on the directorate’s database. Once children reach 16 their fingerprints and other personal information will be passed for storage on the register, along with those of nearly 50m adults.

Children applying for passports will have to travel up to 80 miles to special Home Office screening centres to have their fingerprints taken.

The leaked plans envisage 90 new enrolment centres for the ID card scheme on top of the existing network of passport offices. They estimate that it will cost £528m over 10 years in travel costs for the 5.75m people expected to apply for a new passport each year.

The documents also spell out how the cost of passports is set to rise again this year. They say that unless the Home Office can get extra funding for the scheme, the cost of an adult passport will rise by £10 to £76 this October.

The cost will have risen by 81% since December 2005 when it increased from £42 to £51. Last October the price rose again to £66. When Labour came to power in 1997 a passport cost £18.

The plans show that the price of a child’s passport is to rise even more sharply, to £58 from the present £45. The price will have more than doubled in less than two years, rising in stages from £25 to £34 in December 2005 and to £45 last October.

Critics described the plans as a stealth tax on holidaymakers to pay for the controversial ID cards scheme. Ministers have already conceded that the cost of the new combined ID card and passport will be £93 from 2009, but the documents show that price could rise to £109 at to-day’s prices.

A range of further “stealth charges” will also be imposed, according to the documents. Women who change their names if they get married will have to pay £36; a further £27 will be charged to replace a lost or stolen ID card; £26 to replace a damaged card; and £6 for a change of address or personal ID number.

The documents show that ID cards will not be made compulsory for more than a decade, under present plans. “Compulsion will be triggered once 80% take-up is achieved in [the first quarter of] 2019,” they state. “It is assumed that, following compulsion, a 100% registration will be achieved two years later.”

The prime minister has hailed the ID cards scheme as the centrepiece of efforts to combat terrorism and illegal immigration, as well as identity theft and benefit fraud. But opponents dismiss it as a “Big Brother” scheme that is too expensive, poorly planned and unlikely to function efficiently.

Last year leaked e-mails from civil servants warned the scheme could be a “botched operation” that could delay the introduction of ID cards for a generation. The government says the scheme will cost £6 billion to implement. However, in 2005, the London School of Economics estimated it would cost £19 billion.

The Tories have pledged to scrap the scheme if they win the next election.

Seshmeister
03-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Y'know, I can actaully see that happening...

They just raised the cigarette age.

There is also a move afoot to extend no smoking in a public place to also include your house if you have kids there.

I already don't smoke in my house but laws like that just annoy the hell out of me.

If they can work out a way to ration booze they will would do it in a heartbeat.

Coyote
03-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Usually, most people who come up with such bullshit (which they dare to call laws) have absolutely no fuckin' clue about how some things work.

Shaun Ponsonby
03-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
They just raised the cigarette age.

There is also a move afoot to extend no smoking in a public place to also include your house if you have kids there.

I already don't smoke in my house but laws like that just annoy the hell out of me.

If they can work out a way to ration booze they will would do it in a heartbeat.

I wish they'd fuck off.

We were doing fine when we were drunk and dying of cancer. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO RUIN THAT?

This really should be moved to non.