PDA

View Full Version : Obama calls Iranian regime a 'threat'

BigBadBrian
03-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Obama calls Iranian regime a 'threat'

By DEANNA BELLANDI, Associated Press Writer
Fri Mar 2, 4:22 PM ET

CHICAGO - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama (news, bio, voting record) on Friday blamed Bush administration failings in Iraq for strengthening the strategic position of Iran, which he says must be stopped from acquiring nuclear weapons.

The Illinois senator said that means "direct engagement" with Iran similar to the meetings with the Soviet Union at the height of the Cold War.

"One of the most profound consequences of the administration's failed strategy in Iraq has been to strengthen Iran's strategic position; reduce U.S. credibility and influence in the region; and place Israel and other nations friendly to the United States in greater peril," Obama told the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the pro-Israel lobbying group.

The Bush administration recently altered its position, with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice saying this week that the U.S. is willing to talk to Iran on security in Iraq.

Obama also emphasized in his speech his commitment to protecting the security of Israel, which he called "our strongest ally in the region and its only established democracy."

"Our job is to renew the United States' efforts to ... help Israel achieve peace with its neighbors while remaining vigilant against those who do not share that vision," Obama said.

The speech was the second time in recent months that Obama has formally addressed foreign policy in his hometown of Chicago. In November, Obama called for a reduction of U.S. forces in Iraq at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs.

But Obama focused on Iran Friday, calling President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's regime "a threat to all of us."

A member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Obama said the world — not just the United States — must stop Iran's uranium enrichment program.

"While we should take no option, including military action, off the table, sustained and aggressive diplomacy combined with tough sanctions should be our primary means to prevent Iran from building nuclear weapons," Obama said.

Obama said Iranian nuclear weapons would destabilize the region and could set off a new arms race.

Fellow senator and Democratic rival Hillary Rodham Clinton has warned Bush not to take any military action against Iran without congressional approval.

Iran has refused to freeze its enrichment-related activities and the U.N. Security Council has imposed sanctions targeting its nuclear and missile programs and persons involved in them.

Iran has refused to halt its nuclear program, contending it is to provide energy — not weapons — for the country.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070302/ap_on_el_pr/obama_mideast)

Nickdfresh
03-03-2007, 11:31 AM
What was he supposed to call them?

Lqskdiver
03-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
What was he supposed to call them?

"Friends of Dems"
;)

Nickdfresh
03-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
"Friends of Dems"
;)

And why would that be?:)

The Iranian Mullahs should send Bush, Rummy, Wolfieshitz, and the gaggle of incompetent Administration fuckwits, past and present, Ramadan cards...

And BTW, the Iranian gov't is a friend of "dems," as they increasingly alienate their overall pro-Western, secular population...

Lqskdiver
03-03-2007, 11:48 AM

And BTW, the Iranian gov't is a friend of "dems," as they increasingly alienate their overall pro-Western, secular population...

Live and let live, huh. I guess every third world country deserves the right to unanium enrichment.

Nickdfresh
03-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Live and let live, huh. I guess every third world country deserves the right to unanium enrichment.

Well, you apparently believe Israel, North Korea, and Pakistan do...:)

"Hypocrite."

Lqskdiver
03-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Israel is an ally last I checked...or "Buds of Repubs" if you prefer. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
03-03-2007, 12:17 PM
So is Pakistan.:);)

No really! They are!:confused:

But it's okay for US allies to have nukes then?

Seshmeister
03-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I guess like every other US candidate Obama needs some Jewish campaign money...

Your politicians are owned.

FORD
03-03-2007, 09:05 PM
AIPAC needs to be eliminated from the US political system.

The Likud mentality needs to be eliminated from the fucking planet.

Seshmeister
03-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Can someone explain to me the huge advantage that the people of the US get from their governments unqualified support of Israel.

Could someone explain to me why the good people of the US have to send billions of dollars of their money to Israel.

Could someone explain to me how it benefits the people of the US to have terrorists killing thousands of people on 9-11 because of their governments policy on Israel.

I don't see how the common man in the US benefits from this BS from both parties so the only explanation is that your politicians have been bought.

Cheers!

:gulp:

FORD
03-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Like I said, AIPAC needs to be eliminated from this country.

If you want to know what happens to politicians who openly question AIPAC, look at Cynthia McKinney.

Seshmeister
03-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Most things are very complicated.

The problem with US politics isn't.

All that's needed is a simple bill that all candidates get say 5 hours advertising time during elections and broadcasters have to provide that as part of their deal in getting a franchise. That would reduce the cost of elections by 95% overnight.

The UK has a fifth of the population of the US but spends 1% that the US does on elections. Even at that at the UK has peoblems too of undue influence but compared to the US it's nothing.

Cheers!

LoungeMachine
03-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Let's address why Brie even started this thread.

He's talking in the mANN Coulter thread about how the Dems need to find someone "electable", and then he tries to gloat when one of them agrees with him and his Party?

Damned if you do.......

:rolleyes:

Doesn't your side consider Iran a threat, Brie?

I guarantee you Obama considers another Neo-Con Regime a threat, too.

I do.

Seshmeister
03-03-2007, 10:43 PM
The Iran thing is quite simple. Bush's fuckwit axis of evil crap has given a dodgy government an easy way to get popularity by railing against it.

There is no easier way to unite a country than to get it to rally against an outside threat, Just like the threat of outside terrorism has allowed the US and UK government to introduce unacceptable laws. The population of Iran was actually quite secular and forward thinking, The threats of Bush have given their asshole government a lot more popularity and allowed it to become more radicalised.

Very basic psychology.

Cheers!

FORD
03-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

There is no easier way to unite a country than to get it to rally against an outside threat, Just like the threat of outside terrorism has allowed the US and UK government to introduce unacceptable laws. The population of Iran was actually quite secular and forward thinking, The threats of Bush have given their asshole government a lot more popularity and allowed it to become more radicalised.

Very basic psychology.

Cheers!

It even worked for the BCE with a lot of people. Right up until the point when they began to figure out that Chimpy had absolutely no intention of pursuing Osama Bin Laden.

Phil theStalker
03-04-2007, 02:25 AM
Israel is an ally last I checked...or "Buds of Repubs" if you prefer. :rolleyes:
Israel is only allied to Israel.

Learn your history, hillbilly boy in Tex ass.

You ain't no Alex Jones.

Who lets these tard wads in here?

I WANT ANSWERS!

:spank:

Phil theStalker
03-04-2007, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

He's talking in the mANN Coulter thread about how the Dems need to find someone "electable", and then he tries to gloat when one of them agrees with him and his Party?

Damned if you do.......

:rolleyes:

I do.
I cuntside BUSH a threat.

And so does Obamama!

BigBadBrian
03-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Not at all. Quit trying to assume what my motives are. You're never correct. Your crystal ball needs an overhaul.

With all the silly posts liberals have made about Iran, I just thought this article was interesting.

I do. [/B]

I don't have a "party" or a "side." You assume I'm a Republican or "neo-con" just because I supported the Iraq war. Put a label on me...that's the name of the game in here. I do it also. Unlike you, it seems, I throw my support behind someone based on the issues, not whether they have an R or a D behind their name. I remind you I voted for Wes Clark in our Presidential primaries, and probably would have voted for him in the general election if the idiot Democrats didn't nominate that moron Kerry.

BTW - look up the term "Neo-Con." You don't know what one is. You're using it rather loosely.

LoungeMachine
03-04-2007, 08:01 AM
Whatever, Brie.

Spin, duck, and flip-flop all you want.

Be it for show, or for real, you've posed yourself as a real Neo-Con in here for a long time.

And not just by supporting the Neo-Cons' war agendas either.

As to my crystal ball compared to your's, shall we bump the mid-term predictions thread?

LMAO

Nickdfresh
03-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
Israel is only allied to Israel.

Exactly!!

The spy on us, and perpetuate what amounts to a giant special interest group that has little to do with actual Jewish-Americans (who are often the most critical of Israeli apartheid policies)...

But, it has to be said that the War in Iraq has done nothing but harm Israeli interests by further bucking up Iran's influence in the region. So, apparently, the Neo Cons fucked that up as well. Perhaps Israelis may benefit from the further Sunni vs. Shiite schism exacerbated by the Iraq War. But then again, is Saudi Arabia really any less morally objectionable towards both Israelis or Americans than Iran is?

I seriously doubt it! And in fact, Iran has a rather progressive and secular population that passive-aggressively protests their leaders irrational dogma. Of course the cunts have hosted stupid conferences on whether the Holocaust actually happened or not, but this was so that Ahmadinejad, and his Mullah bosses who hold the real power, can divert attention from the shitty economy. This as the average Iranians ignore them as they drink black market alcohol and have their beautiful Persian women drop their veils at dinner/dance parties across Tehran on the weekends...

http://dance-dimension.com/events/dd0212a.jpg

There is still a rather large Iranian-American diaspora that maintains close ties to the country.

They WILL liberalize eventually, once the Iranian working classes realize the theocracy has little to offer them...

Nickdfresh
03-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
[B]Not at all. Quit trying to assume what my motives are. You're never correct. Your crystal ball needs an overhaul.

With all the silly posts liberals have made about Iran, I just thought this article was interesting.

Post a link to ONE "silly liberal" post regarding Iran...

I don't have a "party" or a "side." You assume I'm a Republican or "neo-con" just because I supported the Iraq war. Put a label on me...that's the name of the game in here. .../B]

I assume that you're a Neo COn because you mindlessly blather out right wing "talking points" and post borderline-retard-evel fun pics of Democratic politicians without offering any real criticisms on their policy positions. You also supported George Allen, one of the biggest cunts I've seen in Northern Virginia. I mean, if your rantings about "bipartisan" pretensions were at all genuine, you would have voted for Sen. Jim Webb, and not clownish football tossing, racist asswipes like Allen...

BigBadBrian
03-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Post a link to ONE "silly liberal" post regarding Iran...

Take your pick. Just about any thread with the word "Iran" in the thread title.

I assume that you're a Neo COn because you mindlessly blather out right wing "talking points" and post borderline-retard-evel fun pics of Democratic politicians without offering any real criticisms on their policy positions. You also supported George Allen, one of the biggest cunts I've seen in Northern Virginia. I mean, if your rantings about "bipartisan" pretensions were at all genuine, you would have voted for Sen. Jim Webb, and not clownish football tossing, racist asswipes like Allen...

So you don't want opposing views in here, huh? :rolleyes: That figures. Allen one of the biggest cunts you've seen. Gimme a break. You label him a racist yet didn't say a word about Howard Dean's racist comments. You only use situations when they suit your purpose. [

Nickdfresh
03-04-2007, 02:23 PM

Take your pick. Just about any thread with the word "Iran" in the thread title.

What a pussy you are Brian.

"Any thread title" about Iran? Is that your answer? without offering any reasons why?

You can't answer a simple request because you know how wrong you are...

So you don't want opposing views in here, huh? :rolleyes: That figures. Allen one of the biggest cunts you've seen. Gimme a break. You label him a racist yet didn't say a word about Howard Dean's racist comments. You only use situations when they suit your purpose. [

Who anything about 'opposing views?' Stupid meaningless pics are your versions of an opposing viewpoint?

The truth is that you are completely uninformed, and are usually full of shit, on matters you claim some sort of expertise about.

And Howard Dean's comments? Another delusional argument that I notice you fail to post the actual quotes from.

How does Allen's frequent use of the word "******," and his apparent adoration of the Klu Klux Klan in college, according to two white teammates, at all compare to a borderline misstatement...

The facts Brian, something you seem incapable of actually grasping...

LoungeMachine
03-04-2007, 02:41 PM
So you don't want opposing views in here,

We'd love some.

Got any?

I mean besides your threads, which you never bother to add to other than cut-n-paste, or whining about the other posters, or the mods.

You've become a jjoke around here, Brie.

Accept it. Even your ultra-minions bring more to the table than you now.

Phil theStalker
03-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Exactly!!
Don't mention it.

...This as the average Iranians ignore them as they drink black market alcohol and have their beautiful Persian women drop their veils at dinner/dance parties across Tehran on the weekends

Only the weekends, Nick?

I'm going to Los Vegas!

ppg960
03-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Wow, When I hear Americans debating politics about Iran / Iraq, It's amazing how divided people are.
With good reason. It's gone on way too long in the Middle East.

Glad to see Britian slowly pulling out. Now, if we could convince our gov't to do the same??

Nitro Express
03-05-2007, 02:04 AM
All I know about Israel is the Jewish girls there love to fuck Americans. I'll never forget being ground by a Jewish chick in Tel Aviv that looked like Sarah Silverton with a beatiful pair of tits.

My parents sent me to Israel to help me find religion and all it did was made me question religion more and the nightlife there tottaly corrupted me. I still can smell the raki and pussy. LOL!

ppg960
03-06-2007, 04:03 PM
You hit it lucky.
You could have been sent to a military boy's school.