PDA

View Full Version : Homeless GWOT veterans documentary

hideyoursheep
03-03-2007, 02:29 PM
http://www.whenicamehome.com/ (www.whenicamehome.com/)

Another shit sandwich served up from the chickenhawks.

If anyone out there would like to "support the troops", by all means give this some attention.

:(

katie
08-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Don't fucking dare spam these threads, luv...

TongueNGroove
08-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Exactly what is his country doing to him? He seems to be perfectly healthy and mentally capable of holding a job....I am not sure I get the point of this, other than because he was in the military he thinks he should get a free ride the rest of his life?

If a vet comes back wounded from war to the point that they can no longer hold a job then yes, I think the government should provide for them, at least basic housing and food as well as medication if needed.

But this guy?? Hrmm.

Nickdfresh
08-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
Exactly what is his country doing to him? He seems to be perfectly healthy and mentally capable of holding a job....I am not sure I get the point of this, other than because he was in the military he thinks he should get a free ride the rest of his life?

If a vet comes back wounded from war to the point that they can no longer hold a job then yes, I think the government should provide for them, at least basic housing and food as well as medication if needed.

But this guy?? Hrmm.

Why don't you hire him, before your business fails?

TongueNGroove
08-03-2007, 02:45 AM
For the exact reasons I stated in that thread.

BTW, why are you so worried about my business all the time? haha. My business is doing just fine right now, but I appreciate your constant concern.

Nickdfresh
08-03-2007, 09:03 AM
For the exact reasons I stated in that thread.

BTW, why are you so worried about my business all the time? haha. My business is doing just fine right now, but I appreciate your constant concern.

Because you're the typical uneducated reptilian-brained asshole that knee-jerk votes Republican, no matter how bad their policies are, even for small businesses such as yours.

And if you had a shred of empathy, patriotism, and a true respect for vets, you'd realize that many of these veterans are severally damaged from repeated tours in Iraq. Many have PTSD with no real treatment programs to help them readjust.

But of course, you enjoy judging them, pissing on their backs and 'punishing' them...

hideyoursheep
08-03-2007, 10:54 AM

But this guy?? Hrmm.

Are you a doctor?

If so, do you have any living patients? That's a helluva diagnosis from your fucking recliner.

If someone like him fights for the likes of you, then fuck yes he should get a free ride. Like the one he's given you!

Getthafuckouttahere!:mad:

TongueNGroove
08-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Because you're the typical uneducated reptilian-brained asshole that knee-jerk votes Republican, no matter how bad their policies are, even for small businesses such as yours.

And if you had a shred of empathy, patriotism, and a true respect for vets, you'd realize that many of these veterans are severally damaged from repeated tours in Iraq. Many have PTSD with no real treatment programs to help them readjust.

But of course, you enjoy judging them, pissing on their backs and 'punishing' them...

I beg to differ. Republicans in general are typicaly much more educated than your typical democrat. I happen to have a bachelors degree in computer science with a minor in business administration, what do you have, a Good Enough Diploma?

But I am assuming you mean uneducated as in I don't look at what a republican candidate stands for or don't really care, I just vote republican because I am trained to do that regardless of the candidates stances on issues. Which is also complete nonsense.

If you bothered to read my last post you will see that I said anyone injured in a way that can really keep them from working then they should be taken care of, that would also include mental disorders. PTSD is hard to prove though, and easy to fake....although I agree that most anyone who saw real action and real death is going to be disturbed to some degree.

I don't know exactly the current benefits active duty soldiers get once they return stateside, but there should be what I would call a "Cooling off period" say 6 months to a year maybe, where they continue to get paid and are allowed that time to recoup from war stresses and assimilate back into society. That would be for people who were actually in combat situations of course.

Nickdfresh
08-03-2007, 03:18 PM
I beg to differ. Republicans in general are typicaly much more educated than your typical democrat. I happen to have a bachelors degree in computer science with a minor in business administration, what do you have, a Good Enough Diploma?

You mean like "elitist" Democrats?

Then why do you write like you're retarded and appear to know next to nothing?

And how would "illegal immigrants" hurt your business if it were in any way degree related?

And I have two bachelors actually not that anyone or I give a shit...

But I am assuming you mean uneducated as in I don't look at what a republican candidate stands for or don't really care, I just vote republican because I am trained to do that regardless of the candidates stances on issues. Which is also complete nonsense.

No. I mean your posts in which you appear to hate "Kerry" or "Gore," but offer no specifics as to how in any way they'd be worse than the complete douchbag you voted for...

If you bothered to read my last post you will see that I said anyone injured in a way that can really keep them from working then they should be taken care of, that would also include mental disorders. PTSD is hard to prove though, and easy to fake....although I agree that most anyone who saw real action and real death is going to be disturbed to some degree.

No. What you did was arbitrarily judge him in this case and essentially toss him in the shitter as another lazy good for nothing hoping to leech off your tax dollar...

I don't know exactly the current benefits active duty soldiers get once they return stateside, but there should be what I would call a "Cooling off period" say 6 months to a year maybe, where they continue to get paid and are allowed that time to recoup from war stresses and assimilate back into society. That would be for people who were actually in combat situations of course.

Fine. But if someone is mentally fucked due to PSTD, then they're pretty much gone for years if not a lifetime.

Most can work and live normal lives with spells of occasional depression & nightmares. A few become catatonic basket cases.

But in any case, this is clearly a failing of those hoping to magically reform the middle east. You know, the one you no doubt cheered for despite your banner ITT education. We're going to pay for the physically and mentally wounded for the next 40 years...

thome
08-04-2007, 01:17 AM
The dude looks and acts fine no problems except the ones he wants to have.

I say scam.

There are some who can't cope I do believe that -Shell Shocked- is what they used to call it.

Some probably had the same issues before they went in.

Self motivation is work.

He seems to be able to put gas in his car and keep it clean and shiney.

He conducts himself on film quite well.

TongueNGroove
08-04-2007, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by thome
The dude looks and acts fine no problems except the ones he wants to have.

I say scam.

There are some who can't cope I do believe that -Shell Shocked- is what they used to call it.

Some probably had the same issues before they went in.

Self motivation is work.

He seems to be able to put gas in his car and keep it clean and shiney.

He conducts himself on film quite well.

Exactly what I said....

He may have flash backs of war, who knows, but he seems perfectly fine to talk to the camera and do everything else, as does the women who shows up in the film. He certainly doesn't seem "Disabled" is what I was getting at.

Nickdfresh
08-05-2007, 02:39 AM
Exactly what I said....

He may have flash backs of war, who knows, but he seems perfectly fine to talk to the camera and do everything else, as does the women who shows up in the film. He certainly doesn't seem "Disabled" is what I was getting at.

Oh, okay 'Bill Frist.' Gonna diagnose who has PTSD and who doesn't via Youtube videos?

You're all fucking heart...

http://www.christmaslibrary.ca/grinch/clipart/heart.gif

TongueNGroove
08-05-2007, 05:14 AM
You are a communist moron, nickthedick. Not everyone that goes to war has PTSD. Look at the WW2 vets at Okinawa, Iwo jima and Midway, among the other less famous battles. They saw things that IRAQ vets would be abhored by.

In comparision, DO some reasearch on the body vouts for WW1, WW2 and Vietnam, IRAQ is a play in the perverbial sand box.

Stop being a fucking "Traitor" and get behind your government and root the troosps and demand more troops to get the job done...OR be a vietnam Hippy and cry.."Bring them home reagardless of the outcome!"

I say get the fucking job done by killing them all, or get the fuck out. Enough of this toying around.

Nickdfresh
08-05-2007, 10:49 AM
You are a communist moron, nickthedick. Not everyone that goes to war has PTSD. Look at the WW2 vets at Okinawa, Iwo jima and Midway, among the other less famous battles. They saw things that IRAQ vets would be abhored by.

I'm a 'communist?' News to me!

Actually, most infantry or combat arms soldiers/marines face some sort of mental distress as the result of watching people having their entrails blown out all over the ground in front of them. Some can deal with it as memories fade. Others are indefinitely possessed by their demons, sunshine...

In comparision, DO some reasearch on the body vouts for WW1, WW2 and Vietnam, IRAQ is a play in the perverbial sand box.

Oh look! Another completely dishonest, trivial comparison to Wars that also involved far greater numbers of personnel...

Of course there were more. There were also four of five times more troops in the field during at any one time in Vietnam, and our Army had between 1.6 million and 8+ million men at any one time during WWII!

No shit! Really! There were more cases of "shell shock," "battle fatigue," etc?

Stop being a fucking "Traitor" and get behind your government and root the troosps and demand more troops to get the job done...OR be a vietnam Hippy and cry.."Bring them home reagardless of the outcome!"

I'll "get behind 'my' gov't" when they stop betraying troops with shitty, incompetent policies and they stop "indefinitely" sending the same soldiers to war for numerous tours while pussy-bitch, chickenhawks use the patriot card while pissing on their backs...

I'll also "get behind" my gov't when they match the political consequences of fighting this war rather than droning on with empty rhetoric of 'sacrifice' (of others, not them!). (i.e. Drafting and expanding the army, expecting Americans to become involved and conscious of this war LIKE PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY IN WWII!) Instead, they'd prefer to marginalize the War and inoculate the civilian population with fucking Lindsey Lohan stories and abuse the patriotism professionalism of the women and men of the all-volunteer US military to cover their asses and try to vainly 'save their legacies.'

If that makes me a "traitor," I love you to demonstrate how your beliefs make you a "patriot."

I say get the fucking job done by killing them all, or get the fuck out. Enough of this toying around.

Great! You're enlisting then? Or, maybe you can use that college degree to get commissioned so you can institute these simplistic notions of yours? I'm sure it'd be that easy.

I'm sure the Army love to have you!