PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Hagar's mother died this week RIP

JohnnyGuitar69
03-04-2007, 01:39 AM
(Yes, I know this is the DLR forum, but nonetheless it's important)

Hadn't seen it posted it here, but I'm sad to report that Sammy Hagar's mom passed away this week.

RIP Mrs. Hagar.
Sam, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Julius
03-04-2007, 01:45 AM
When I was 11 my grandmother made a delicious gravy using the remains of our beloved family cat.

JohnnyGuitar69
03-04-2007, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Julius
When I was 11 my grandmother made a delicious gravy using the remains of our beloved family cat.

My GOSH, that was hilarious. ;-)

"DLR is the ONLY singer for VH"

frets5150
03-04-2007, 02:58 AM
If this news is true you think it's funny that somebodys MOTHER DIED?

Fuckin Assholes...

:mad:

MAX
03-04-2007, 03:06 AM
No disrespect for someone's passing but honestly, what is this thread doing in our Main forum? It's neither David Lee Roth nor Van Halen related in any way, shape or form. Also and to the author of this thread, why is this topic "important" for us to discuss? I don't get it? :confused:

If people wanna give their condolences then this should be in another forum IMO.

JohnnyGuitar69
03-04-2007, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by MAX
No disrespect for someone's passing but honestly, what is this thread doing in our Main forum? It's neither David Lee Roth nor Van Halen related in any way, shape or form. Also and to the author of this thread, why is this topic "important" for us to discuss? I don't get it? :confused:

If people wanna give their condolences then this should be in another forum IMO.

I simply passed on some news. Feel free to move it to another area.

MAX
03-04-2007, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar69
I simply passed on some news. Feel free to move it to another area.

If I could, I would. All I'm sayin' is I don't see where this news is "important" as you stated in your initial post? Again, I'm in no way mocking the woman's passing but the topic is as relevant in this Main forum as the passing of Anna Nicloe Smith. Neither one have anything to do with Van Halen nor David Lee Roth discussions.

JohnnyGuitar69
03-04-2007, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by MAX
If I could, I would. All I'm sayin' is I don't see where this news is "important" as you stated in your initial post? Again, I'm in no way mocking the woman's passing but the topic is as relevant in this Main forum as the passing of Anna Nicloe Smith. Neither one have anything to do with Van Halen nor David Lee Roth discussions.

With all due respect, I think you're nitpicking. If a mod wishes to, they can move or delete it. My apologies if I offended you.

MAX
03-04-2007, 03:45 AM
With all due respect, I think you're nitpicking. If a mod wishes to, they can move or delete it. My apologies if I offended you.

Maybe I was "nitpicking" but the topic has nothing to do with this board.

Obviously a mod or webbie did move it as well.

Also, no need to apologize cos I was not offended in any way shape or form. My apologies if I hurt your feelings. Again, I'd say the same thing if someone were to have posted my grandmother's recent passing in the Main forum. No big deal, just the wrong forum that's all.

Steve Savicki
03-04-2007, 03:54 AM
It's sad when anyone dies:

http://www.vhstrungout.com/forum/showthread.php?p=64368#post64368

Condolences

FORD
03-04-2007, 04:35 AM
Of course it could be that some wool bearing creature might have placed an anouncement of Mrs. Hagar's passing in the main forum of a DLR board just hoping to get a reaction they could take back to their fellow sheep.

Well, I won't give them the satisfaction. I'm sure even the Ched Rocker loved his mother.

MAX
03-04-2007, 06:05 AM
FORD,

Those were my thought's exactly...

However and incase you haven't noticed, the sheep have now started to refer to the DLR fanbase as the "sheep." :rolleyes: I can't find the logic? Then again, when have sheep ever had either any logic, creativity or common sense? http://forums.secondcitizen.com/images/smilies/sheep2.gif

Wawazat
03-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki

http://www.vhstrungout.com/forum/showthread.php?p=64368#post64368

Condolences

Are you shure YOU are alive ?

flappo
03-04-2007, 06:47 AM
that place looks ripe for a spamathon

LoungeMachine
03-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Someody who was in VAN HALEN for 15 years lost a parent.

Why would anyone make this into a DLR VS Sammy debate?

You'd think some things would rise above board politics.

Considering what passes for Main material these days, this is in fact worthy news.

Sometimes I seriously wonder about people.......

MAX
03-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Oh come on Lounge, it's hardly a Sam/Dave debate. As FORD pointed out, the intent was to cause some sort of trouble and now it seems to be working.

Seriously, yes indeed it's sad when anyone loses someone. We all understand that. However, how old is Hagar? In his sixties? That would've more than likely made his mother at least in her 80's. Odds are she lived a full and decent life. Nobody's mocking that. I'm also assuming she passed of natural age related causes?

However, it's pretty safe to assume that the author was hoping to get folks to talk crap.

I merely pointed out that such a thread hardly belongs in Main on this site and I'm correct. Had I not said anything, I'll bet it would've gotten ugly really fast. Besides that, most threads about someone's passing always go in Non and always have.

Again, I still believe that the intention of this thread was to start crap. This is a David Lee Roth/Classic Van Halen site and Sammy Hagar's mother's unfortunate passing has neither to do with either.

Steve Savicki
03-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by MAX This is a David Lee Roth/Classic Van Halen site and Sammy Hagar's mother's unfortunate passing has neither to do with either.

---> House of Music since any other musical artist besides Roth/CVH is to be discussed there.

Ally_Kat
03-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Seriously, yes indeed it's sad when anyone loses someone. We all understand that. However, how old is Hagar? In his sixties? That would've more than likely made his mother at least in her 80's. Odds are she lived a full and decent life.

Exactly. Some people aren't that lucky.

I don't even recall having a thread about when Ed's mom died. I saw that mentioned within a recent thread and went, "oh really?"

It really shows you the mindset that someone would try to use this to stir trouble. :(

JohnnyGuitar69
03-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Very sorry if I gave anyone the impression that I was trying to stir trouble by my post. Lounge had my intent right: I was just passing on some VH related news.

I HATED Spam in VH. I'm a "Dave or the grave" type of VH fan. Without Dave, Van Halen simply doesn't exist.

Again, my apologies...but don't call me a fuckin' Hagar fan, cuz I'm NOT! LOL

Panamas MStreet
03-04-2007, 09:55 PM
it sucks that she died, but, im not losing any sleep over it.

Nitro Express
03-05-2007, 01:48 AM
Sorry to hear your mom died Sammy. Even when you are an adult and your mom is old, it's still hard to lose a parent.

MAX
03-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Very sorry if I gave anyone the impression that I was trying to stir trouble by my post. Lounge had my intent right: I was just passing on some VH related news.

I HATED Spam in VH. I'm a "Dave or the grave" type of VH fan. Without Dave, Van Halen simply doesn't exist.

Again, my apologies...but don't call me a fuckin' Hagar fan, cuz I'm NOT! LOL

Hey, then my apologies for insinuating that was your intention if it infact wasn't.

I just was stating the obvious. Most threads regarding the recently departed are usually posted in Non. It's no secret that The Army has a reputation for poking a little fun at someone else's expense. Naturally, I assumed that if someone were posting the passing of Mrs. Hagar, it was probably some sheep from over yonder trying to get some sort if bad joke so they could post it down the street and say what miserable creeps we are.

Anyway and as Ally just stated, I don't recall any big deal nor a thread devoted to the late Mother Van Halen when she recently passed? Therefore, the news regarding Mrs. Hagar seemed extremely out of place on a website that has a Sammy Hagar random insult generator on it's homepage. :cool:

Again, we already know to whom this site is devoted. Putting any "Sammy" thread in the Main forum is like drenching oneself in brown gravy and locking themself in a small closet with a wolverine high on angel dust. Hence and odds are that someone's going to get bitten. ;) :eek:

Vinnie Velvet
03-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Someody who was in VAN HALEN for 15 years lost a parent.

Sam was in the band for 15 years???

No. Not that long. (1985-1996, 11 years)

and 2004 I guess. :D

But all due respect to Sambo, losing a parent or any relative is a great loss.

binnie
03-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Condolences, might not like the man but I'll not wish anyone dead...

PlexiBrown
03-06-2007, 01:56 AM

It is sad for the people left and not sad for the person that died. We are all one day closer to it.

JohnnyGuitar69
03-06-2007, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Hey, then my apologies for insinuating that was your intention if it infact wasn't.

I just was stating the obvious. Most threads regarding the recently departed are usually posted in Non. It's no secret that The Army has a reputation for poking a little fun at someone else's expense. Naturally, I assumed that if someone were posting the passing of Mrs. Hagar, it was probably some sheep from over yonder trying to get some sort if bad joke so they could post it down the street and say what miserable creeps we are.

Anyway and as Ally just stated, I don't recall any big deal nor a thread devoted to the late Mother Van Halen when she recently passed? Therefore, the news regarding Mrs. Hagar seemed extremely out of place on a website that has a Sammy Hagar random insult generator on it's homepage. :cool:

Again, we already know to whom this site is devoted. Putting any "Sammy" thread in the Main forum is like drenching oneself in brown gravy and locking themself in a small closet with a wolverine high on angel dust. Hence and odds are that someone's going to get bitten. ;) :eek:

Your points are well taken, Max. Being a noob, it looks like I made a noob mistake.
The manner in which you replied is much appreciated, and I loved the gravy analogy! LOL Thanks very much!

MAX
03-06-2007, 04:29 AM
Your points are well taken, Max. Being a noob, it looks like I made a noob mistake.
The manner in which you replied is much appreciated, and I loved the gravy analogy! LOL Thanks very much!

I didn't even notice that you were new here?

Anyway, the whole thing's a no harm and no foul deal. :cool:

Welcome to The Mighty David Lee Roth Army!!! :hitch:

Hey, since you have "guitar" in your title, is it safe of me to assume that you're a fellow guitarist? If so, we'll definitely cross paths in the gear forum. :)

JohnnyGuitar69
03-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I didn't even notice that you were new here?

Anyway, the whole thing's a no harm and no foul deal. :cool:

Welcome to The Mighty David Lee Roth Army!!! :hitch:

Hey, since you have "guitar" in your title, is it safe of me to assume that you're a fellow guitarist? If so, we'll definitely cross paths in the gear forum. :)

Thanks for the welcome, man! Yeah, I'm a noob. I play guitar, and I also do product development in the musical instrument business. I headed up the B-52 AT-100 tube amp project. One of the guys we hired to engineer that amp series is Dave Friedman of Rack Systems, who does a lot of amp work for EVH. I've got some pics of me testing out the prototype amp with a Wolfgang that Ed used to use...and a pic of one of Ed's Marshall's that Dave was tweaking at the time. Ed gave it to Dave Friedman as a "thank you" gift.

Hardrock69
03-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Too bad Spam's mom died.

But on the other hand, too bad she was alive to begin with.

If Spam had never been born, we may never have seen such bullshit come out of the sistaz over the past 20 years as we have.

Julius
03-06-2007, 10:45 PM
What's the deal with the drama in this thread?

I'm sorry about Sammy's mom. Let's get that straight right out of the box.

But the new guy started a new thread about something which had been covered in other threads, so rather than tell him to fuck off to Links Land... I posted random bullshit. That's my style.

If anyone was offended by anything posted in this thread... fuck you.

Remember... this is the Roth Army. The squeemish need not apply for membership. If you're looking for a group hug, direct your browser to VH Links.

Julius
03-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Johnny, I'm giving you 5 stars for standing your ground.

Don't let the pissers run you off.

vh rides again
03-06-2007, 11:40 PM
condolences.

fuck, i hope he doesnt sing at her funeral.

if i looked down at my funeral and seen sammy singing, id think for sure i was on my way to hell.

seriously though, i hope evrything goes well for his family.

VanHalener
03-06-2007, 11:49 PM
After the "Sam is dead" thread I figured this also was a hoax thread, so I didn't bother reading it until now.

Bummer.

I still have both of my parents. I imagine it's going to be damned tough when the time comes.

But we're cannibals, so we'll just eat 'em and smile.:hitch:

Rikk
03-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Fuck Spam and his mom.

I don't give a shit.

I don't even know them.

I'm not saying it makes me happy.

I'm just saying I don't honestly give a shit.

JohnnyGuitar69
03-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Julius
What's the deal with the drama in this thread?

I'm sorry about Sammy's mom. Let's get that straight right out of the box.

But the new guy started a new thread about something which had been covered in other threads, so rather than tell him to fuck off to Links Land... I posted random bullshit. That's my style.

If anyone was offended by anything posted in this thread... fuck you.

Remember... this is the Roth Army. The squeemish need not apply for membership. If you're looking for a group hug, direct your browser to VH Links.

I appreciate a hearty "Fuck off!" as much as the next thick skinned guy. Never meant to start any drama. CHEERS!:D

katie
03-07-2007, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
Fuck Spam and his mom.

I don't give a shit.

I don't even know them.

I'm not saying it makes me happy.

I'm just saying I don't honestly give a shit.

FUCK RIKK
FUCK HIS MUM

DRY FUCK HER IN THE ASS!

WHO CARES I DON'T KNOW THE OLD BAG

RIKK
X

Diamondjimi
03-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by kuntie
I'm a pathetic Limey Gunt who has absolutely NOTHING of any value to guntribute to this site.

Disregard my Rikk infatuations . He is the only man I desire.
Pussy is my main pastime..
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f300/Ishraq/girlz.gif
Kuntie Loves Ya !!

Rikk , you must be honoured to have such a rabid stalker!?

Diamondjimi
03-07-2007, 02:42 PM
(Yes, I know this is the DLR forum, but nonetheless it's important)

Hadn't seen it posted it here, but I'm sad to report that Sammy Hagar's mom passed away this week.

RIP Mrs. Hagar.
Sam, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Will Saucey Bassplayer be attending the funeral?

bastardog
03-07-2007, 03:08 PM
It never pass for my mind than thata fag red clown could had born from a woman...........
She should suffered a lot seen his boy been the gay clown of rock n roll.
My condolences for her lost

Rikk
03-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Rikk , you must be honoured to have such a rabid stalker!?

More amused.

Good to know she can't get the greatness of me out of her twisted little mind.

I'm gonna call her Chapman from now on, as in Mark David Chapman.

Hey, first Ross Halfin, now me.:eek: