PDA

View Full Version : Questions you've always wanted answered...

pardo
04-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Okay, here's somethin I could never figure out. You may wanna smoke one first. I'm no scientist, but ...

When molecules are moving fast, they're said to have kinetic energy. When the excited molecules come into contact with any surface, their energy is dispersed in the form of heat. Its called the kinetic theory or something.

So - when I'm walkin outside and it gets windy - how come it feels cold instead of hot?

I find this quite paradoxical!

Jesus Christ
04-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by pardo
Okay, here's somethin I could never figure out. You may wanna smoke one first. I'm no scientist, but ...

When molecules are moving fast, they're said to have kinetic energy. When the excited molecules come into contact with any surface, their energy is dispersed in the form of heat. Its called the kinetic theory or something.

So - when I'm walkin outside and it gets windy - how come it feels cold instead of hot?

I find this quite paradoxical!

The wind hath dispersed the heat which is coming from the sun which maketh it seem colder, My son.

Yet if all thy atmospheric conditions were equal, ye would feel warmer in the wind. For an illustration of this, try riding a motorcycle through Arizona in August, and ye will find that the wind is anything but cooling.

Rubnose
04-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Kinetic energy is typically a synthesis of bi polar molecular reintegration of natural harmonic atmospheric or enviornmental lateral energy usage. Or parallel inertia. Whatever.

There is always a time differential between association and polarity which is measured in miliseconds that takes the temperture levels and either raises them or lowers them.

For instance: If you were to heat up the tip of a fork on your stove, eventually it would turn brilliant red. Now heat up an ice cube on your stove. Will it turn red? No, of course not. The matter and anti matter laws take presidence over the subjugated convergence of neutral ionic particles as opposed to magnetic or positve particles. Molecules are only "excited" when they come into contact with insulated oxygen thriving organisms or living matter. (Humans are insulated.)

A professor of mine demonstrated the same principal once with a plastic wrapped frozen apple and a blow dryer.

Breathe onto a non insulated frozen pipe and you will get frost. Breathe onto a cold insulated person and you will get warmth.

pardo
04-29-2004, 09:19 AM
I have no idea what either of you guys are trying to say, but thats some answers alright. Thanks!

pardo
04-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Here's another question.

Suppose I had a time machine - set to go back 5 minutes. Once I step through it there will be 2 mes in the past. The original me, and the time travel me. Right? So in theory, this could produce an unlimited number of mes.

So here's my question. The amount of matter in the universe is constant. If there's more than one me, what happens then?

ashstralia
04-29-2004, 09:40 AM
i love you jesus!!!!! now vote for me.
pardo, according to newtons 3rd law you cannot exist as a
double of yourself. thus wrecking the back to the future movies.
if you could go back and kill hitler? it cant happen.
theoretically you could affect the future, as long as you didn't exist.
hope this helps.

Rubnose
04-29-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by pardo
Here's another question.

Suppose I had a time machine - set to go back 5 minutes. Once I step through it there will be 2 mes in the past. The original me, and the time travel me. Right? So in theory, this could produce an unlimited number of mes.

So here's my question. The amount of matter in the universe is constant. If there's more than one me, what happens then?

That throry is unfounded since we cannot as of yet time travel. However let's say that you have a Tascam 4 track analog porta one tape recorder. You've just done vocals but they aren't very good. So you rewind the tape and lay down a new track. Are there now two of you singing? Have the other 3 tracks changed at all? In order to back track one needs to follow the same footsteps. yet when you restart you are able to change the dynamics of the track but you will not alter what is accompanying you unless you alter those tracks as well.

Throw a cup of paint on a wall. Now clean it off and throw another cup of paint on the same wall in the same spot. Were the pictures the same? Was the wall the same?

If time travel is ever possible there will never be 2 you. The old you would have to be erased in order for the current you to participate in the new order.

Ally_Kat
04-29-2004, 10:29 PM
but if the old you is erased, wouldn't that change the course of events when you returned?

Rubnose
04-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
but if the old you is erased, wouldn't that change the course of events when you returned?

No. Because the the new you is now rehistorising and you wouldn't know the old out come or the possible outcome unless it was You. And if theory is correct you wouldn't remember the old history as it is time sequentially erased. Or you wouldn't need to know that out come as the new outcome is proposed..

For the fun of it. Let's say that one had posted a thread here about masterbating to the pictures that one would want others to post as
well in order of the worst possible thought of masterbating to. Now let's suppose that person who posted that silly thread wanted to erase the whole thing. Now then that after hard information has been erased and a humble apology offered would the fact that it was ever posted be erased? No! However the apology puts it in reverse logic and the previous views are reconsidered. So that what was once considered is now reconsidered and the a new outcome is afforded when the decided upon relevent topic is appropriated.

Events surrounding us in a time spectrum will occur and not change yet the timbre of individual happenstance has the potential to effect the lineage of individual experience.

Ally_Kat
04-29-2004, 11:39 PM
ah, I see ;)

But if current me goes back in time in order to make it that said thread was never typed and posted, there is no need for a 'humble apology' seeing how past you never had said thread to read and misunderstand.

Although, I highly doubt that even with such technology if I would ever play out such a scenerio seeing how you were the only one out of 4,360 members to complain.

Nor would I apologize.

Lou
04-30-2004, 12:04 AM
Here's one: Do Van Hagar fans have a reason to live? Let's come up with some theories on that.