Stand Up
Get Me Out of Here
----------------------------
Shine On
Last Chance
Rollover DJ
Jam
Outro (25 Miles by Edwin Starr)

They're another one of those bands that have split Classic Rock fans, although maybe not to the extent that The Darkness did. I'm not sure why, there's a lot of people out there who complain that there are no mainstream rock & roll bands oot there, then when one comes along, they complain that they're not good enough, or they don't like the singer(s) or they don't eat enough bananas, or they're not s good as AC/DC. Well, of course they're not as good as the classic bands. But, they're are bloody good CUNTenders.

I don't care what the naysayers say. Jet's albums don't do them justice. Its GRATE to have a young band of beer swinggers who jump ontop of their equipment, do the "windmill" on guitar, have a lil' jam at the end of the set, and have aong titles like "Rip It Up", "Cold Hard Bitch" and "Skin and Bones". You know somethin'...IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME. The show didn't even sag during the ballads (which, lets face it, shows usaully do when the ballads start). No soloing, just 90 minutes of pure rock and roll, for a packed crowd (every single ticket sold, which is a rarity) who were as drunk as they were wet from the rain outside.

I'd also like to name-drop the main support. A band from Denmark called The Blue Van, got a nice bluesy feel to them. Check em oot (they were also jumping on equipment). Both these bands have something that the rest of the young'uns are missing....each member hs a strong personality.

Next Year...the arena.

binnie
03-05-2007, 12:40 PM
I am a naysayer, most definately. Not enough bite for me, but each to their own, eh!

However, I'm glad you enjoyed it SP...

Shaun Ponsonby
03-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Trust me...much more BITE live. As I said, the albums don't do them justice. MUCH more pwerful live.

Coyote
03-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Trust me...much more BITE live. As I said, the albums don't do them justice. MUCH more pwerful live.

Maybe they meant to do so.

Think about it. If the albums would sound as killer as their live shows, why would you go see them live? (not counting "support" as a reason.)

Last_Child
03-05-2007, 02:10 PM
I like Jet..!

Haven't heard somuch on their last album, but the first is perfect (almost).

Shaun Ponsonby
03-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
Maybe they meant to do so.

Think about it. If the albums would sound as killer as their live shows, why would you go see them live? (not counting "support" as a reason.)

Exactly, exactly

All the best bands are/were a helluva lot better live.

AC/DC
VH
THE WHO
QUEEN

Shall I go on?

Coyote
03-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Exactly, exactly

All the best bands are/were a helluva lot better live.

AC/DC
VH
THE WHO
QUEEN

Shall I go on?

Not if you don't want to.

Shaun Ponsonby
03-06-2007, 08:52 AM
GRATE.

DrMaddVibe
03-07-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm going to see them at the end of this month.

Shaun Ponsonby
03-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Good, they're GRATE.