PDA

View Full Version : Cheney has Blod Clot, Bill Maher says his Death Would Save Lives

LoungeMachine
03-05-2007, 04:06 PM
We Repuke You Deride

Breaking News >> Doctors Find Blood Clot in Dick Cheney's Leg

TV Host Bill Maher Suggests Dick Cheney's Death Would Save Lives
Monday, March 05, 2007

WASHINGTON — More people in the world would live if Vice President Dick Cheney died, political commentator Bill Maher said, raising few eyebrows despite suggesting the death of the U.S. vice president would be a good thing.

During a visit to Afghanistan late last month, a suicide bomber detonated himself outside Bagram Air Base where Cheney was visiting. Several Afghans and a U.S. soldier were killed, but Cheney was unhurt.

During the Friday night broadcast of his HBO show "Real Time With Bill Maher," Maher and his guests, including Democratic Rep. Barney Frank and former Republican Rep. Joe Scarborough, debated the removal of comments from the HuffingtonPost Web log praising the idea of Cheney being assassinated.

Frank earned applause when he quoted bloggers saying the bomb was wasted when it missed Cheney. Maher asked the panelists whether it was wrong for blog host Arianna Huffington to remove the comments.

Quoting the blog, Maher said, "I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn’t be dying needlessly tomorrow."

Asked by Frank if Maher believed that sentiment, the host replied, "I’m just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact."

Last week's comments weren't the first to call into question Maher's freewheeling speech. His ABC show "Politically Incorrect" was cancelled shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks when he said the hijackers were "warriors."

But the latest comment received few responses, being overshadowed by a remark by conservative commentator Ann Coulter made Friday at the Conservative Political Action Conference. Coulter said she would discuss John Edwards' bid for the 2000 Democratic presidential nomination except "it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot.'"

The comment earned widespread derision, including from CPAC guests former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who called the comments "offensive"; and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who said Coulter's comment was "completely inappropriate."

Edwards himself turned the barb into a rallying cry for fundraising and asked supporters to donate $100,000 in "Coulter Cash." While in Berkeley, Calif., the former North Carolina senator condemned the slur, but remained tight-lipped about his opinion of Coulter.

"I think its important that we not reward hateful, selfish, childish behavior with attention," Edwards told reporters. "I also believe that is important for all of us to speak out against language of this kind; it is the place where hatred gets its foothold, and we can't stand silently by and allow this kind of language to be used."

Asked about the free speech issues and balance of coverage of the two comments, San Antonio, Texas, radio talk show host Rob Thompson told FOX News that Coulter is "intellectual chewing gum ... a lady in a dress who likes to spit out things that cause a little bit of unrest, and she'll go away for a while. She'll crawl back in her hole and we'll hear from her in about six months."

As to Maher's remark, Thompson said, "Unfortunately some of that comment is true."

"If Dick Cheney wasn't in office today, I don't think there'd be as many people dead today. Apart from that, we have to realize that too many people think they have a right to say whatever they want. But they forget that there's a privilege that goes along with that right. Bill Maher likes to stretch that envelope. He likes to see how far he can go. This time he went too far," he said.

Satan
03-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Maher's completely right, of course. Just as he was when he correctly stated that anyone who would pilot an airplane into a building isn't a coward.

(Many other names would be appropriate, but cowardice would, by definition, prevent someone from completing such a mission)

But just as that line cost him his job with ABC, you can bet that AOLTimeCNNWarnerHBO isn't going to keep him on after that.

Warham
03-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I can't believe he still has decent ratings.

VanHalener
03-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Can't stand BM myself. Wouldn't hurt my feeling if he just vanished.

WACF
03-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Maher...just like Coulter, have the luxury of being able to say things that a politician can not.

Guitar Shark
03-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by WACF
Maher...just like Coulter, have the luxury of being able to say things that a politician can not.

True...

fe_lung
03-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
True...

Of course, Bill, unlike Coulter, has the virtue of usually being right.

Guitar Shark
03-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung

Also true... :D

LoungeMachine
03-05-2007, 07:56 PM
True...

Really?

Can you think of any politicians that would publicly call John Edwards a faggot if they could get away with it?

I CAN think of a few who WOULD claim Cheney has cost thousands of lives however.

:cool:

How about this weather, counselor?

I'm sitting outside, under blue skies, and 60 degrees. :D

Last week.........SNOW :(

LoungeMachine
03-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung

:killer: :rockit2:

:gulp:

Guitar Shark
03-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Whenever I see a fe_lung post, I can't help but be reminded of the Weird Al classic, "Mr. Frump In The Iron Lung"

ULTRAMAN VH
03-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Maher must really be pissed that Ann is getting all the press. His rant really slipped under the radar.

WACF
03-05-2007, 08:04 PM
The thing with either Coulter or Maher being right or wrong comes secondary to them portraying themselves as a pundit for the left or right.

I really can not stand either of them...but I agree, Maher is closer to the truth.

FORD
03-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

How about this weather, counselor?

I'm sitting outside, under blue skies, and 60 degrees. :D

Last week.........SNOW :(

Yeah, is that fucked up or what?

Not that I'm complaining about the 60 degrees. It's just weird assed weather.

fe_lung
03-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Whenever I see a fe_lung post, I can't help but be reminded of the Weird Al classic, "Mr. Frump In The Iron Lung"

Mr. Frump is my very best friend
He's never a chump or a tease
He never tells me lies
and best of all
he never disagrees

Hardrock69
03-06-2007, 08:53 AM
I saw this on CNN yesterday.

Irritated me that the Grim Reaper has not yet got dickless in a stranglehold.

Bill Maher is RIGHT!

EVERY DAY DICKLESS CHENEY AND HIS ORGAN-GRINDER MONKEY ARE IN OFFICE, THEY ARE MURDERING OUR TROOPS!!!

THEY REFUSE TO WITHDRAW OUR TROOPS...AND EVERY DAY THAT PASSES WITH OUR TROOPS IN IRAQ IS ANOTHER DAY MORE OF OUR SOLDIERS DIE!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

SURE WE LIBERATED THEIR FUCKING COUNTRY FOR THEM!

BUT THAT TASK HAS BEEN FINISHED FOR YEARS!!!

THERE IS NO VALID EXCUSE TO BE THERE ANY MORE!!!!

CHENEY AND HIS MONKEY:"We don't care how many of our soldiers die, just as long as our cronies can make billions!"
http://www.tribalmessenger.org/humor/images/bush%20cheney.jpg

GODDAMMIT!!! GET THESE FUCKERS OUT OF OFFICE NOW!!!
NOW MANY OF OUR AMERICAN SOLDIERS HAVE TO DIE TO SATISFY THE GREED OF THESE TWO NEO-CON SHITBAG COCKSUCKERS???!?!?!?!?!?!?
:mad: :mad: :mad: