PDA

View Full Version : Lead singer of "Boston" dead

fryingdutchman
03-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Lead Singer of the Band Boston Dies
By Associated Press
Sat Mar 10, 2:10 AM

ATKINSON, N.H. - Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55.

Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Lt. William Baldwin said in a news release that there was no indication of foul play.

"There was nothing disrupted in the house. He was a fairly healthy person from what we're able to ascertain," Police Chief Philip Consentino told WMUR-TV.

Delp apparently was alone at the time, Baldwin said.

The cause of death remained under investigation. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.

Delp sang on Boston's 1976 hits "More than a Feeling" and "Long Time." He also sang on Boston's most recent album, "Corporate America," released in 2002.

He joined the band in the early 1970s after meeting Tom Scholz, an MIT student interested in experimental methods of recording music, according to the group's official Web site. The band enjoyed its greatest success and influence during its first decade.

The band's last appearance was in November 2006 at Boston's Symphony Hall.

On Friday night, the Web site was taken down and replaced with the statement: "We just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."

A call to the Swampscott, Mass., home of Boston guitarist Barry Goudreau was not immediately returned Friday night.

___

On the Net:

http://www.bandboston.com

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-10-2007, 12:24 PM
I wonder if he had a feeling of num,bness in his chest for the last few days and didn't go to a doctor to have it checked.

If so, he should have. Apparently, it was more than a feeling.

ThrillsNSpills
03-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah didn't they have that hit

more than a dupe thread. ?

or that other one Long Time (since I used the Search function)

Wait, he was a musician right, hmm where could that first thread on it be?

ppg960
03-10-2007, 10:47 PM
No kidding.
Read before you start a "New" thread that someone else beat you to it by 24 hours??

fryingdutchman
03-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
Yeah didn't they have that hit

more than a dupe thread. ?

or that other one Long Time (since I used the Search function)

Wait, he was a musician right, hmm where could that first thread on it be?

Originally posted by ppg960
No kidding.
Read before you start a "New" thread that someone else beat you to it by 24 hours??

Blow me, fucktards.

Yes, I admittedly did not use the "Search" function...but I checked all of the latest threads in "Non" where this was originally posted.

Somebody moved it here to "House of Music"...perhaps that same person should have simply locked it or merged it with the original thread.

Go get a fucking attitude with whoever moved it, and then left it open.

Obviously they didn't know it was a dupe, either.

ThrillsNSpills
03-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Blow me, fucktards? <nice

how was that necessary?

ppg960
03-13-2007, 09:50 PM
No kidding. Just pointing out the obvious??

Grow up.

fryingdutchman
03-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by ppg960
No kidding. Just pointing out the obvious??

Grow up.

Eat a gun.

ppg960
03-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Lick my hoop pale face.
Go Fuck Yourself "Jack"

tajmahal
07-16-2007, 06:29 PM
They are having a tribute concert with all the original members. Guess who is going to be there as a guess artist. You guessed it Sammy. I wonder if he will be the new singer for Boston.

ELVIS
07-17-2007, 07:06 AM
That's not entirely true as nothing is set in stone weather Boston is even actually play...

And Hagar isn't their worst choice. In fact, I think he's better suited for Boston than Van Halen for sure...

The other choices are Mickey Thomas from the world famous band called Starship Starring Mickey Thomas...:rolleyes:

Feel free to check out the garbage (http://www.mickeythomas.com/) on their website...

The other choice is Michael Sweet from Stryper...

LMAO!

I'll take Hagar...:D

ELVIS
07-17-2007, 07:09 AM
Whether or whatever...

Who cares...

:elvis:

FORD
07-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Nobody is qualified to sing for Boston except Brad Delp.

And that includes Fran Cosmonaut, or Fran Drescher, whatever the fuck his name is.

But Hagar, despite being Hagar, was an actual friend of the band Boston, and worked with them to some extent in the late 70's. It's perfectly legitimate for Tom Scholz to invite him to this tribute concert, or whatever they're calling it.

But if Scholz pulled some Queen type of bullshit and actually went on tour with the ChedMaster, I'd have to kill them both.

As for Mickey Thomas, that asshole made one decent record in his life, and it sure as fuck wasn't "We Built this SHITTY on (not) rock & roll"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-Qf90gXy2g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-Qf90gXy2g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

(Sorry for the "General Hospital" shit, there wasn't a real video. It was either this or "Brokeback Mountain"!! Give me Robin Scorpio over gay cowboys anytime :D )

tajmahal
07-19-2007, 12:12 AM
Don't forget the hit Sara or Nothings going to Stop me Now from the great move Mannequin. They actually had a sequel this move. Why do I know this crap.

Boston released an album called Walk On in 94 which was not bad and they had a couple of good vocalists.

tajmahal
07-19-2007, 12:14 AM
I need to check the link but I wonder if Extreme is playing because they are from Boston and maybe and appearance from Steve Tyler.