PDA

View Full Version : I bought a Kramer yesterday

Cato
03-14-2007, 12:55 AM
it looks kinda gay.......ok, very gay. and very 80s.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1/GAYELVIS/kramer.jpg

PlexiBrown
03-14-2007, 01:00 AM
Kramers suck! I just stripped the paint off of a Kramer and it had a 2 piece body and there was a gap between the 2 pieces of wood. The paint and laquer were pretty much holding the 2 pieces of wood together.

EDDIEVRULZ
03-14-2007, 01:07 AM
what kind of kramer was it plexi?

PlexiBrown
03-14-2007, 01:18 AM
what kind of kramer was it plexi?

Kramer Pacer Deluxe. Ash body, 1 humbucker and 2 single coil pickups. Floyd Rose that rusted. Bought it in around 1985.

EDDIEVRULZ
03-14-2007, 01:27 AM
got any pics? just want to make sure it is original and not mutted together. if you got one, shoot me an IM. thanks bro

Matt White
03-14-2007, 01:38 AM
I want a KRAMER Voyager....................:mad:

AND Cato's DVDS.......................:cool:

EDDIEVRULZ
03-14-2007, 01:42 AM
u want a voyager? i can prolly make that happen. IM me

Matt White
03-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by EDDIEVRULZ
u want a voyager? i can prolly make that happen. IM me

LOL I appreciate the effort.....

I just don't want right NOW:D

Working on one of those MEAN STREET GUITARS...............

Easy to guess which one:cool:

EDDIEVRULZ
03-14-2007, 01:56 AM
it's no effort. if you, or anyone else ever wants one, lemme know. i can hunt them:)

Matt White
03-14-2007, 02:00 AM
Kewl beans..................

EDDIEVRULZ
03-14-2007, 02:01 AM
btw matt, mitch makes good guitars

PlexiBrown
03-14-2007, 02:03 AM
got any pics? just want to make sure it is original and not mutted together. if you got one, shoot me an IM. thanks bro

It is original. I ordered it new from Kramer through a music store in the 80's. I recently refinished it and it is now hanging on a wall at my friend's house.

EDDIEVRULZ
03-14-2007, 02:06 AM
gross...you got a bad one. how does/did it sound? i have a lot of kramers from the early 80's to the late 80's. there were definitely some crap ones. whats the serial #? some were made overseas and passed off as american by the dealers.

PlexiBrown
03-14-2007, 02:22 AM
gross...you got a bad one. how does/did it sound? i have a lot of kramers from the early 80's to the late 80's. there were definitely some crap ones. whats the serial #? some were made overseas and passed off as american by the dealers.

I had a couple of Kramers and they were both on the junky side.

It sounded OK mostly due to the Seymour Duncan pickups I put in it. I don't know the serial number. Like I said, it is hanging on a wall at my friends house. It is gutted too. It is just the body and neck. I was going to toss it but my friend thought it would look cool on his wall so I refinished the body, put the neck back on and gave it to him. Also, the neck on it was a piece of crap.

EDDIEVRULZ
03-14-2007, 02:25 AM
sorry about the experience. although they aren't/weren't the best guitars on the market, there were some really good one's. ive got some early barettas that sound great, but then i have some barettas that sound like crud. watch out for those japanese baretta's.....

jhale667
03-14-2007, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Matt White

..I keep telling myself I'm gonna put this one back together someday...('scuze the crappy camera-phone pic)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/VoyagerBody.jpg

'Course, the color would not do...that'd have to go...:D

PlexiBrown
03-14-2007, 03:28 AM
Those pickup routings don't look like they are in line with each other.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-14-2007, 03:32 AM
Matt, what is your opinion of the mean street guitars? Would you recommend it to me? They look beautiful... and if EVH played something like that, well damn!

jhale667
03-14-2007, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
Those pickup routings don't look like they are in line with each other.

Might be a trick of the light, might be out of whack. :rolleyes: Back in the '80s when I got that two of my buddies got Kramers around the same time, one got a Barretta and one a Nightswan...the bridge mounting holes were drilled incorrectly on the Barretta, the thing could NOT be intonated properly...my other buddy had the Floyd Rose on his Nightswan rip out at the posts!! Mine had an electronic short right out of the box, but it was the least F*ed up of the three of them...

Hey Cato, wanna sell the Floyd off that cheap?? :D :cato2:

ThrillsNSpills
03-14-2007, 09:01 AM
can someone photoshop Cato's face on Bob Barker's body?

thx in advance.

The reverse headstock for...self defense?

Cato
03-14-2007, 09:01 AM
mine is a high-grade model called Pro Axe.
one piece mahogany body, ebony fretboard, froyd rose pro......
there isn't any cheap material on it.

what kind of moron thinks I bought it for $12?

rocknrolldork
03-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
Matt, what is your opinion of the mean street guitars? Would you recommend it to me? They look beautiful... and if EVH played something like that, well damn!

I have a friend that just got his white Unchained model shipped to him last week. He said it is put together very well, sounds good and plays good but it is definitely a $500-$600 guitar. He also said to get the additional features if you have the cash (Floyd Rose Pro, pickups of choice, etc...)

Matt White
03-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U

MAX has one....and I believe he loves the thing...

Which is a good enough testimonial for me to buy one......

Though...getting the classic...with all of the options...and Franky paintjob...has to add up to a pretty penny.....

kentuckyklira
03-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Thereīs absolutely nothing gay about that Kramer. And, if itīs too gay for you, Iīll givge you the 43 bucks you paid for it and play the hell out of it!

Atomic Dyver
03-14-2007, 11:21 AM
I won a Kramer Nightswan in a poker game bout 2 weeks ago. The guitar seems to be pretty high quality and plays and sounds great. I haven't had too many Kramers had a Pacer 15 years ago.

Vanilla_Gorilla
03-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
Thereīs absolutely nothing gay about that Kramer. And, if itīs too gay for you, Iīll givge you the 43 bucks you paid for it and play the hell out of it!
I second that ...if you hate it that much then ship it to me!

Eyes of the Night
03-14-2007, 07:22 PM
That guitar looks badass Cato ... indeed ... Kramer was my first guitar when I was 14 ... the ol' ZX30H ... had a Washurn NunoBettencourt with a reverse headstock ...

Cato
03-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

you can swap your gear with my DVD's.
I want any. pick guard for strat, pickup for strat, tuners for strat, bridge for strat that has a steel block etc
otherwise, your strat itself! :cato2:

Nitro Express
03-15-2007, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Cato
it looks kinda gay.......ok, very gay. and very 80s.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1/GAYELVIS/kramer.jpg

Jesus Christ! It's GAY! That's a Sammy Hagar axe if I ever saw one.

Nitro Express
03-15-2007, 01:43 AM
The Krammer logo brings nothing but emotional pain to me. I had a wonderful, magical, Gibson Les Paul Custom that played like a dream and sounded great and in 1984, I traded it for a fucking Kramer Baretta. That Baretta sucked donkey balls. I hated the guitar but bought one because, hey, it's a fucking Kramer. That was one of the dumbest things I ever did.

EDDIEVRULZ
03-15-2007, 01:46 AM
but...............i bet you still wish you had it. was it a non-angles headstock? those thing go for some bucks. what year was your paul? btw, i voted for cato's dvd! :)

Nitro Express
03-15-2007, 01:56 AM
If I had a Kramer, I would load up a few magazines of 7.62x39, set it on fire, and blow it to bits with my Kaloshnikov just to ease the pain of trading my baby Les Paul for a melted Stratocaster body and a hockey stick neck.

EDDIEVRULZ
03-15-2007, 01:58 AM
man........... 7.62.39 ammo around here cost almost as much as a korean kramer!!!!!!!!!

Nitro Express
03-15-2007, 02:03 AM
I bought 2,000 rounds a few years ago and haven't burned it all up yet. I hear the 4.45x39 is getting hard to get since the Russians are building up their army again since Bush freaked them out by invading Iraq.

I miss the days of the extreamly cheap 7.62x39 from China. That stuff burned dirty but it was accurate out of my piece of shit Norinco SKS.

EDDIEVRULZ
03-15-2007, 02:05 AM
we have a 5 box max at my local gun store (per day) and thats at 5.00 per box!. i remember the good ol days

Nitro Express
03-15-2007, 02:08 AM
I just remember seeing photos of the Tora Bora caves in Afganistahn full of spam cans of 7.62x39 ammo. Shit. Sevral semi truck loads at least.

Enough ammo to do in every Krammer guitar on the planet! LOL!

Nitro Express
03-15-2007, 02:13 AM
I bought mine in a big wooden ammo crate. You open it up and inside are two big cans. What's funny is inside the crate is a big can opener. No shit. Then you open the cans and inside are cardboard boxes of 20 rounds each.

The only limit was how much money you had.

EDDIEVRULZ
03-15-2007, 02:15 AM
;) sounds illegal........... i like it!

jhale667
03-16-2007, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Cato
mine is a high-grade model called Pro Axe.
one piece mahogany body, ebony fretboard, froyd rose pro......
there isn't any cheap material on it.

what kind of moron thinks I bought it for $12?

Froyd Rose Pro was the deal-killer...OFRs only, baby! ;)

...Having said that, I DO wanna try out the Ping version, basically an OFR with a brass block and trem bar collar....

Nitro Express
03-17-2007, 04:32 AM
;) sounds illegal........... i like it!

Not illegal where I live. If I lived in California, half the shit I do would be illegal. LOL!

Nitro Express
03-17-2007, 04:36 AM
What's funny is I shoot 8mm Mausers and you can't buy 8mm locally but you can mail-order cheap military surplus stuff from Turkey, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Hungary and such. I ordered a shit load of Turkish 8mm.

Here comes the UPS driver chick struggling with two huge boxes she barely can handle. I give her a hand. She's like exhausted and says,"What's in these? Lead?" I'm like going. Actually, yeah. LOL!

Nitro Express
03-17-2007, 04:39 AM
UPS people are stupid. The boxes are clearly marked ORD-D and I have to sign for them because ammunition can't be shipped to minors. Duh, that should tell her what's in it. Gold is heavy. Yeah man. I order a few pounds of golden bullets for investment purposes or maybe I want to kill agent 007. LOL!

EDDIEVRULZ
03-17-2007, 05:15 PM
thats awesome!

jasongt06
03-18-2007, 04:43 PM
better watch out. The crybabys at vintagekramer.com dont like you guys badmouthing their precious little kramers

Nitro Express
03-19-2007, 03:23 AM
You mean those Fender Stratocaster ripoffs with the melted bodies! The fucking things look like they were made by Salvidor Dali on a fucking absynthe, ass fuck binge.:spank: :blow: :monkey:

Coyote
03-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Only thing I want from that axe, is the headstock.

You can keep the rest...

Cato
03-20-2007, 07:54 PM
I sold it yesterday...

EDDIEVRULZ
03-21-2007, 01:31 AM
i dunno......i own some pretty good sounding kramer's. ive also own(ed) some bad ones. it just depends on the era and model. there are some really good kramer guitars out there. in my best forrest gump voice, thats all i have to say about that. and yes, im a proud member of the vintagekramer forum.

Nitro Express
03-21-2007, 05:03 AM
i dunno......i own some pretty good sounding kramer's. ive also own(ed) some bad ones. it just depends on the era and model. there are some really good kramer guitars out there. in my best forrest gump voice, thats all i have to say about that. and yes, im a proud member of the vintagekramer forum.

Just like Fenders and Gibsons. Some are shit and some are good. It's still fun to piss on people's idols. I'm going to have one of those Calvin characters pissing on a Kramer logo put on my back window. LOL!