PDA

View Full Version : An observation from the middle.

scamper
03-16-2007, 09:50 AM
You all want more government intervention, that's not what the USA is about. The left against the right is the problem with America right now. Nothing gets done because it's always us against them..."fuck that" try working together. It's the "our side is better" mentallity that is going to bring this country down. Open your minds...try seeing the whole picture, not just what your favorite dem or rep says... The way I see it is the Republicans always do the wrong things but the Democrats don't do anything, which is better...maybe if they got together they could do something right......FUCK....

scamper
03-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Just a rant, but come on, this country is going down the shitter because of this crap

FORD
03-16-2007, 10:26 AM
The problem with "the middle" is that it no longer exists. The Republican party has been dragged all the way to the extreme right, and the DLC, who call themselves "centrists" but represent the exact same corporatists and warmongers that the Republicans do, are trying to drag the Democratic party there as well.

Once you get rid of corporatist wars and other ridiculous NON issues like gay marriage and flag burning, the true battle is not between "right and left" or even between"sickening nazi extreme right" and "corporatist AIPAC false centrist right"

The real battle is between the working class majority of Americans and the 1% of elitist shitbag criminals who control the wealth in this country, and do so through corruption such as NAFTA, outsourcing, and union bashing.

That's the reality in Missisippi just as much as it is in Michigan. It's only the ridiculous wedge issues that causes some states to vote against their own interests and support the very machine that is killing them as a result.

VanHalener
03-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by scamper
You all want more government intervention, that's not what the USA is about. The left against the right is the problem with America right now. Nothing gets done because it's always us against them..."fuck that" try working together. It's the "our side is better" mentallity that is going to bring this country down. Open your minds...try seeing the whole picture, not just what your favorite dem or rep says... The way I see it is the Republicans always do the wrong things but the Democrats don't do anything, which is better...maybe if they got together they could do something right......FUCK....

Keep your nose clean and run for office at some level. Gain experience and build a good reputation and maybe you'll be the right person for the job some day. We could sure use someone who does keep their head up their ass.

Ellyllions
03-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by FORD
The problem with "the middle" is that it no longer exists. The Republican party has been dragged all the way to the extreme right, and the DLC, who call themselves "centrists" but represent the exact same corporatists and warmongers that the Republicans do, are trying to drag the Democratic party there as well.

Once you get rid of corporatist wars and other ridiculous NON issues like gay marriage and flag burning, the true battle is not between "right and left" or even between"sickening nazi extreme right" and "corporatist AIPAC false centrist right"

The real battle is between the working class majority of Americans and the 1% of elitist shitbag criminals who control the wealth in this country, and do so through corruption such as NAFTA, outsourcing, and union bashing.

That's the reality in Missisippi just as much as it is in Michigan. It's only the ridiculous wedge issues that causes some states to vote against their own interests and support the very machine that is killing them as a result.

If this is true, then the reason my hometown is at around 40% unemployed is because they keep voting Democrat. (See NAFTA)

Would you say that's accurate? Because Virginia has been a Democratic state for how many years now?

No innuendos here, Ford. Just a question.

hideyoursheep
03-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
If this is true, then the reason my hometown is at around 40% unemployed is because they keep voting Democrat. (See NAFTA)

Would you say that's accurate? Because Virginia has been a Democratic state for how many years now?

I was amazed at how many illegals come through Va.....

Falls Church seems to be a popular "address" on their bosses W-2's. What's going on over there?

FORD
03-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep

Falls Church seems to be a popular "address" on their bosses W-2's. What's going on over there?

Pretty close to the CIA, isn't it? ;)

FORD
03-16-2007, 11:39 AM

I'm a little confused as to whether you are saying your home town is in VA or NC.

NAFTA, of course, was Poppy Bush's baby. He's the one who signed it, though Clinton picked it up and enough Democrats in Congress bought into the rhetoric to pass the stupid thing. I don't make any excuses for it, and just as with the so-called "Patriot Act" it's reason enough to demand that our elected representatives READ the shit that they vote on first.

And of course there's also the fact that the Republicans have controlled the Congressional agenda from 1994 up until a few months ago, so that limits the ability of your elected Democrats, or mine, to do all that much.

I would recommend that you look up your senators and congressman's voting records and see whether they voted for their constituents, or for the corporatists. If they helped the Republicans outsource the jobs, then I suggest you vote them out in the next primary, and replace them with Democrats worthy of the name.

Ellyllions
03-16-2007, 11:59 AM

Because small towns don't "exist" to the government. Value is based on dollars and cents.

Ellyllions
03-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I'm a little confused as to whether you are saying your home town is in VA or NC.

NAFTA, of course, was Poppy Bush's baby. He's the one who signed it, though Clinton picked it up and enough Democrats in Congress bought into the rhetoric to pass the stupid thing. I don't make any excuses for it, and just as with the so-called "Patriot Act" it's reason enough to demand that our elected representatives READ the shit that they vote on first.

And of course there's also the fact that the Republicans have controlled the Congressional agenda from 1994 up until a few months ago, so that limits the ability of your elected Democrats, or mine, to do all that much.

I would recommend that you look up your senators and congressman's voting records and see whether they voted for their constituents, or for the corporatists. If they helped the Republicans outsource the jobs, then I suggest you vote them out in the next primary, and replace them with Democrats worthy of the name.

I lived in VA for from birth to age 28. So my hometown is in VA.

The VA government did NOTHING and are still doing NOTHING to fight NAFTA and now, the last furniture factory is closing. The textile mills have been gone for years. They started pulling out the minute NAFTA was signed.

VanHalener
03-16-2007, 12:22 PM
I lived in VA for from birth to age 28. So my hometown is in VA.

Besides college and military service I have been in Fairfax County for all of my 40 years. Northern Va is a melting pot, but it seems like Mexico everywhere I go around here.

Fairfax, Falls Church, Woodbridge, Manassas, OOOOOOH MANASSAS...my friends recently returned from Mexico and told me about the flyers in places around the town they were in that told people how to get to Manassas, Va without getting busted.
WAHOOOOOOOOO we are on the map now, baby!

The government does not care! It's all about the dollars, no matter the issue!

FORD
03-16-2007, 12:51 PM
When did they move the Statue of Liberty to Nogales? :confused:

knuckleboner
03-16-2007, 02:18 PM

because falls church and the rest of northern virginia is where all of the jobs are.

the unemployment rate for my hometown (vanhalener's too, apparently) is 2%. and that's out of 1 million people.

and ellylions:

virginia's not exactly democratic. yes, warner and then kaine were both elected governor and webb was elected senator. but george allen lost that race, winding up with a horrible campaign. and it was still extremely close.

and webb, warner and kaine are all moderates.

virginia still went red for president in 2004 and 2000 (and every previous election back to 1964). and our state legislature is STRONGLY republican (which let's BBB sleep a little more easily at night...)

virginia may eventually go democratic. but we ain't there yet.

hideyoursheep
03-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by vanhalener
Besides college and military service I have been in Fairfax County for all of my 40 years. Northern Va is a melting pot, but it seems like Mexico everywhere I go around here.

Fairfax, Falls Church, Woodbridge, Manassas, OOOOOOH MANASSAS...my friends recently returned from Mexico and told me about the flyers in places around the town they were in that told people how to get to Manassas, Va without getting busted.
WAHOOOOOOOOO we are on the map now, baby!

The government does not care! It's all about the dollars, no matter the issue!

Manassas,Va.....Landover, Md., Canton, Columbus, and West Chester,Oh.

Detroit, Indianapolis, and Louisville, Ky....

All occupied by 1 company that "sub-contracts" exclusively to illegal Mexican, Korean, and Chinese workers. They fuck these people over so goddamed hard it's almost slavery. Millions have been made off the illegals with this bunch, and it's so high profile I can't believe no one bats an eye....

Not 1 American "sub-contractor'' in any one of those places. NOT 1!!

C.T.I....formerly "Floors Inc., Durafloors, Dura-Tile...Purchased by Home Depot a few years ago, but somehow escapes the direct link...

Attention U.S. Customs,.......Wanna party? Be at any or all of those aforementioned locations by 6:30 a.m. and you will have your hands full. Block the exits, because there are so many they will run like cockroaches and you'll never catch them all.:mad:

hideyoursheep
03-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
because falls church and the rest of northern virginia is where all of the jobs are.

Let me clarify....

The "legal boss", meaning the only 1 who pays taxes in Apr., claims to live in Falls Church,Va.

He doesn't. He has never lived there. He is from El Salvador. Now he lives and works everyday right here.

But most of his "employees" are also from "Falls Church"....some are from Indiana, and of course Texas and Cali. At least that's what their library cards say.....funny how the name on the I.D. never seems to be what they go by.

They too live and work here everyday..they DO NOT pay taxes....

Half are from Mexico,the other hispanics from El Salvador.

They will not "accept" any other hispanics.....

Like Legal ones....

The Koreans are the same way.